Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nis
Feb 21, 2011

:allears:

loving love mou me

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheGoatFeeder
Mar 16, 2005

"One Zaba, Two Zaba, Three Zabaleta, Four Zaba, Five Zaba, Six Zabaleta, Seven Zaba, Eight Zaba, Nine Zabaleta, Heeeeeeeeeey Zabaleta"
Pretty good footage of Aguero's goal against United from high high up in Old Trafford, interesting perspective. Might want to lower the volume a bit, levels are pretty high:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xvuVbAdgcc8

ephex
Nov 4, 2007

PHWOAR CRIMINAL

El Hefe
Oct 31, 2006

You coulda had a V8/
Instead of a tre-eight slug to yo' cranium/
I got six and I'm aimin' 'em/
Will I bust or keep you guessin'

Too bad it went wide.

I'm surprised Carletto didn't play Menez he scored a loving great goal last weekend, probably will be up for the Puskas award.

Bubble-T
Dec 26, 2004

You know, I've got a funny feeling I've seen this all before.

This story is insane, especially the way it all hinges on Mourinho serendipitously recognising a guy that shouldn't even be on the continent from his car.

Could so easily have been "Rodríguez flew to Madrid, and then home again".

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

DU WIRST NIEMALS ALLEINE MARSCHIEREN
Mourinho is the man. I love him.

Simone Poodoin
Jun 26, 2003

Che storia figata, ragazzo!

Bubble-T posted:

This story is insane, especially the way it all hinges on Mourinho serendipitously recognising a guy that shouldn't even be on the continent from his car.

Could so easily have been "Rodríguez flew to Madrid, and then home again".

Yeah, that was incredible. Mourinho owns.

Xabi
Jan 21, 2006

Inventor of the Marmite pasty
It's fake.

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

how do you know man

belgend
Mar 6, 2008

me when The Club do another win

Lukaku, Hazard, Benteke, De Bruyne and Nainggolan watching the Belgium U21 game v Spain a few months ago. Highlights include Lukaku speaking some Congolese language with Benteke, Benteke asking what oval office means and Hazard being a goon. (No subs sorry, it's in French/Dutch)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eOe7zYW-aHE

The Finn
Aug 27, 2004

إنه أصلع في الأسفل، كما تعلم
Hazard watches anime, he's goony as poo poo

Shoren
Apr 6, 2011

victoria concordia crescit

belgend posted:

Lukaku, Hazard, Benteke, De Bruyne and Nainggolan watching the Belgium U21 game v Spain a few months ago. Highlights include Lukaku speaking some Congolese language with Benteke, Benteke asking what oval office means and Hazard being a goon. (No subs sorry, it's in French/Dutch)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eOe7zYW-aHE

I spent the entire video laughing my rear end off because Hazard is casually flicking Benteke's ear and they're all just sitting there like there's nothing weird about it at all.

Suqit
Apr 25, 2005

Stars Stripes Freedom Jozy
(Jozy not pictured here)
San Antonio's new stadium. We play 2nd division and it seats 8,000. It's gorgeous. Ill take a pic of me pissing at the home opener this weekend.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

And here's Pittsburgh's new 3,500 seat USL stadium:

Not a lot of great pictures of it because, well, it's a third-division American soccer stadium, but here's one that better shows the river:

And this is what the stands actually look like:

poty
Jun 21, 2008

虹はどこで終わるのですか? あなたの魂の中で、または地平線で?

Suqit posted:

San Antonio's new stadium. We play 2nd division and it seats 8,000. It's gorgeous. Ill take a pic of me pissing at the home opener this weekend.

Those seats are nice

jyrka
Jan 21, 2005

Potato Count: 2 small potatoes

be nice wicka posted:

And here's Pittsburgh's new 3,500 seat USL stadium:

Not a lot of great pictures of it because, well, it's a third-division American soccer stadium, but here's one that better shows the river:

And this is what the stands actually look like:

Nice location. Is that fake grass? Wish any of the stadiums in Estonia were as nice as that.

advanced statsman
Dec 26, 2012

ISLAM FC
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Co2MgRAnRMw

:hehe:

Was Taters
Jul 30, 2004

Here comes a regular
That's really nice - I'd love the view over the river. Boats going by and all.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

jyrka posted:

Nice location. Is that fake grass? Wish any of the stadiums in Estonia were as nice as that.

Yeah, it's some kind of artificial turf that I've never heard of before. Sometimes they put an outdoor hockey rink on the field so I think grass is out of the question for now.

Blimpkin
Dec 28, 2003

What's funny is that I saw the picture and I was ready to laugh at some funny comment but now I'm just all :3

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kICLDnopTt0

jyrka
Jan 21, 2005

Quite interesting stuff. Surprised to see Scotland so high though from what I understand they used to numbers of the 2010 fiscal year so that one team that cheated inflates their numbers. I imagine currently they'd be much closer to level 4.

jyrka fucked around with this message at 12:46 on Apr 12, 2013

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

it is better if you keep saying I'm fat, as I will continue to score goals
Fun Shoe
Shame that this didn't happen a few years ago.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/soccer/news/20130411/south-africa-vuvuzela-ban/

quote:

CAPE TOWN -- The sound of the vuvuzela could be lost from South African soccer grounds - although not because of the droning wall of noise that made it so unpopular with global audiences during the 2010 World Cup.

Premier Soccer League (PSL) officials say that although they are not yet pursuing a ban, it has become a topic of conversation after a rise in incidents where the vuvuzela was used to cause harm. "Our rules ban all dangerous weapons from matches," PSL general manager Derek Blanckensee told Reuters. "If the vuvuzela is to become a dangerous weapon then we will look into this."

Vuvuzelas were among a number of objects thrown at Orlando Pirates coach Roger de Sa after his side were held to a draw by AmaZulu at the Moses Mabhida Stadium earlier this month. One week later a supporter, angry at a red-card decision against his team, charged on the pitch and attempted to strike the referee with the plastic instrument during a league match between Lamontville Golden Arrows and Kaizer Chiefs in Durban.

A second fan of the Chiefs, the country's most popular club who are seeking a first league title in eight years, was stopped after he too went on the pitch. Both were arrested and released on R500 (US$55) bail earlier this week.

The incidents have not only called into question security at PSL games but also the future of the vuvuzela which remains popular with most local fans.

PSL officials are wary of a backlash should they decide the instrument may no longer be taken to games. Some other countries have already banned the vuvuzela after fans attempted to bring it into stadiums.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l-kGF8k5XyM&t=21s

Suqit
Apr 25, 2005

Stars Stripes Freedom Jozy
(Jozy not pictured here)

jyrka posted:

Quite interesting stuff. Surprised to see Scotland so high though from what I understand they used to numbers of the 2010 fiscal year so that one team that cheated inflates their numbers. I imagine currently they'd be much closer to level 4.

I guess that explains why we signed four players from the Balkans.

TheGoatFeeder
Mar 16, 2005

"One Zaba, Two Zaba, Three Zabaleta, Four Zaba, Five Zaba, Six Zabaleta, Seven Zaba, Eight Zaba, Nine Zabaleta, Heeeeeeeeeey Zabaleta"
Micah was banned from driving today, so cue another picture on his instagram:

MikeTheCoolOne
Jul 18, 2006

Drinking heavily the night before.

Diouf Kid is now McDermott Kid

stickyfngrdboy
Oct 21, 2010
has this been posted https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LAExZjcwydk

Flipbook skills

Lemon
May 22, 2003

Not exactly sure where to post this but just pointing out that Gazza is going to be interviewed by Alan Carr on Channel 4 shortly.

Shammypants
May 25, 2004

Let me tell you about true luxury.

:drat:

B.B. Rodriguez
Aug 8, 2005

Bender: "I was God once." God: "Yes, I saw. You were doing well until everyone died."

Suqit posted:

I guess that explains why we signed four players from the Balkans.

It's why everyone tries to sign players from there. It means the bottom half clubs in a rich league can still get decent players and (hopefully) resell them to bigger clubs when the player plays well.

ephex
Nov 4, 2007

PHWOAR CRIMINAL
I don't really know where this belongs, but I guess here's as good as anywhere else:

http://www.lovefootballhatefootball.com/

Some 'designer' has been redesigning a lot of football clubs' logos.
Some are great like this one:

Some are loving terrible:

Hegay
Jun 29, 2012

This PSG redesign of their new logo is pretty sweet. Probably because it retains the colour scheme from their kits/old logo.

jyrka
Jan 21, 2005

B.B. Rodriguez posted:

It's why everyone tries to sign players from there. It means the bottom half clubs in a rich league can still get decent players and (hopefully) resell them to bigger clubs when the player plays well.

Kind of interesting and kind of related:

euroboy
Mar 24, 2004

edit: fuckkkkkk

euroboy fucked around with this message at 11:01 on Apr 13, 2013

Paperhouse
Dec 31, 2008

I think
your hair
looks much
better
pushed
over to
one side
That was posted about 5 posts up

It is great though

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9vx3rFB0OZg

Ninpo
Aug 6, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

:laugh:

ephex
Nov 4, 2007

PHWOAR CRIMINAL

Hahaha thats brilliant :xd:

jyrka
Jan 21, 2005

I just watched a video of it and it was just barely over the bar???

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire

I love it when people outside of football get involved in these :)

• Locked thread