Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Aphasian
Mar 8, 2007

Psychotropic Hops

Super Waffle posted:

A color you can physically never experience. Its like trying to imagine a 4-D object, your brain is literally unable to comprehend it

You can see UV if the lens of your eye is removed, since it's the fact that the lens filters UV light and not an innate inability of the cones to see it that prevents you from experiencing it. http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/1455745

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
With the rays of morning light

When it comes to ice cream cones, little Susie doesn't gently caress around.

Kaboom Dragoon
May 7, 2010

The greatest of feasts

Super Waffle posted:

A color you can physically never experience. Its like trying to imagine a 4-D object, your brain is literally unable to comprehend it

I'a Colourthulhu!

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Kaboom Dragoon posted:

I'a Colourthulhu!

The Color Out of Space :cthulhu:

Eclipse12
Feb 20, 2008

haveblue posted:

The Color Out of Space :cthulhu:

The trees are moving!

Brother Jonathan
Jun 23, 2008

Zelder posted:

Yeah, that's the Oatmeal. If you're ever looking for lovely hyperbole, sanitized "wacky" hijinks and ugly art, make sure you're first stop is The Oatmeal!

He is so wacky and random.

Kind Milkman
Sep 3, 2011

Indeed.
Does anyone actually order prints of The Oatmeal? Or any webcomic for that matter? Where would it even be appropriate to display that?

Hungry Joes Smile
Sep 5, 2007

what's going on? I'll cut you.

Kind Milkman posted:

Does anyone actually order prints of The Oatmeal? Or any webcomic for that matter? Where would it even be appropriate to display that?

Yeah actually I know teachers who have bought the grammar lesson one(s?) from The Oatmeal for classroom walls. That is literally the only acceptable circumstance that I can think of though.

The Door Frame
Dec 5, 2011

I don't know man everytime I go to the gym here there are like two huge dudes with raging high and tights snorting Nitro-tech off of each other's rock hard abs.

Hungry Joes Smile posted:

Yeah actually I know teachers who have bought the grammar lesson one(s?) from The Oatmeal for classroom walls. That is literally the only acceptable circumstance that I can think of though.

I bought the wookie Jesus one for my brother as a joke, but there's no way I'd put one up

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!

Kind Milkman posted:

I remember seeing one or two Cyanide and Happiness comics around my university, but I think that one's a lot more acceptable.

Lord Lambeth
Dec 7, 2011

Cleretic posted:

I remember seeing one or two Cyanide and Happiness comics around my university, but I think that one's a lot more acceptable.

Not really?

cyberia
Jun 24, 2011

Do not call me that!
Snuffles was my slave name.
You shall now call me Snowball; because my fur is pretty and white.

Kind Milkman posted:

My goonlord shut-in friend has the gay steamroller one framed on his loungeroom wall.

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Please leave the room if you think this might offend you.
Grimey Drawer

Kind Milkman posted:

I bought the anglerfish one for my lab, where we work on fish. People liked it. I generally think he's a pandering pile of piss, but when he's pandering directly to ME well...

Croisquessein
Feb 25, 2005

invisible or nonexistent, and should be treated as such
I met him at a book signing for the dolphin punching book and he signed my poster. Seemed nice :shobon:

Artemis J Brassnuts
Jan 2, 2009
I regret😢 to inform📢 I am the most sexually🍆 vanilla 🍦straight 📏 dude😰 on the planet🌎

Kind Milkman posted:

Let me introduce you to the find folks featured in the goon lair thread.

bon ape tit
Aug 7, 2011

Thanks Obama!

Brewmaster
Dec 10, 2007

Hi! I'm awkward.

Kind Milkman posted:

Considering that these webcomics are usually put out at least once a week every week it stands to reason that most of them are going to suck. They build their followings on occasionally flashes of genius, and those make sense to print out.

They're kind of like the "funny" pictures here actually.

For Your Health!
Sep 1, 2008

do not fear the ass
I saw this as a LivingSocial deal, and did a triple take. It's not actually NWS, but on first glance kinda seems like it.

:nws: Acupuncture :nws:

And the full picture it was so poorly cropped from.

Edited because I am bad with links.

For Your Health! has a new favorite as of 06:44 on Apr 11, 2013

Aericura
Jun 12, 2003
I will eat your soul.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Masked Pumpkin
May 10, 2008
After the local municipality refused/wasn't able to fix potholes in the area, residents got more creative:

Beeswax
Dec 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer

Chexoid posted:

Man, Argentina must have some really crappy urban legends.

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3537917&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=29#post414256197

:/

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.

Kind Milkman posted:

I have the "WHISKEY SOURS" Kelly cartoon printed out and on my fridge. Does that count as a webcomic?

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Kind Milkman posted:

My brother has a couple of xkcd prints on the walls of his store - but it's a Magic: The Gathering store, so it's sort of a nerd haven.

Kind Milkman
Sep 3, 2011

Indeed.

cheerfullydrab posted:

I have the "WHISKEY SOURS" Kelly cartoon printed out and on my fridge. Does that count as a webcomic?

Printing it out yourself and tacking it somewhere is one thing. Ordering one of these: http://shop.theoatmeal.com/collections/frontpage/products/6-reasons-bacon-is-better-than-true-love-signed-print and putting it on your wall is a different beast entirely.

RhoanAegis
Dec 2, 2007
As a web developer, this is hanging up in my office. You'll never convince me this isn't funny.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.
I have only bought one signed print from an artist who I knew only through the internet.

"Friday"

No regrets.

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012
Dr. McNinja occasionally does wordless full page spreads that make pretty awesome posters.

root beer
Nov 13, 2005

People post PHD Comics outside their labs all the time here. Now if you want an insufferable webcomic...

CancerCakes
Jan 10, 2006

Yes I want an insufferable web comic, do go on.

Stoatbringer
Sep 15, 2004

naw, you love it you little ho-bot :roboluv:

Technology to improve your sex life!

Thumbnailed for maybe slightly NWS panties and partial underboob.

Also, the Oral Sex Snorkel. (Product page is :nws: )

http://nerdapproved.com/misc-gadgets/oral-sex-snorkel/

Lord Lambeth
Dec 7, 2011

How deep are these vaginas? :psyduck:

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
drat lazy kids today.

Your parents managed it without devices. :colbert:

RagingBoner
Jan 10, 2006

Real Wood Pencil

The device that says, "Your snizz is so stanky that I had to go and buy a device to prevent potentially smelling it."

Tasoth
Dec 13, 2011
If there ever was a device that says 'I need to get my tubby rear end off the couch and develop some lung capacity', it's that right there.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
What department in the US Patent office handles sex toy patents?

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
The fun one.

Brother Jonathan
Jun 23, 2008

Tasoth posted:

If there ever was a device that says 'I need to get my tubby rear end off the couch and develop some lung capacity', it's that right there.

I was thinking more like, "My partner needs to lose some weight so that I can navigate the folds of flesh around their crotch without a special breathing apparatus."

Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I just don't see how oral sex becomes easier when both partners are laughing so hard they can't catch their breath.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MY PALE GOTH SKIN
Nov 28, 2006

meow

Francostein posted:

What department in the US Patent office handles sex toy patents?

Probably the same department with the highest turnover/suicide rate. Modern sex toy marketing is realllllly depressing.

• Locked thread