Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cliff Racer
Mar 24, 2007

by Lowtax

Fluo posted:

That cartoon isn't satirical.

Is this satire? http://i.imgur.com/iHoY2.jpg

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fluo
May 25, 2007

Fluo posted:

That cartoon isn't satirical. And generally I was just talking about? Otherwise its just be nothing in this thread apart from images.

You can't be telling me that its very realistic that ghosts come flying out of a sinking ship towards a bed with Thatcher in the middle of the ocean [nightmares].

His style is grotesque and caricature for everyone.

Fluo fucked around with this message at 09:20 on Apr 12, 2013

Cliff Racer
Mar 24, 2007

by Lowtax
Is it not actually a depiction of Thatcher's nightmares? Its not ghosts literally attacking her. Anyways, I am not exactly sure what you are trying to say in the expanded version of your post. Just talking about what?

Fluo
May 25, 2007

Cliff Racer posted:

Is it not actually a depiction of Thatcher's nightmares? Its not ghosts literally attacking her. Anyways, I am not exactly sure what you are trying to say in the expanded version of your post. Just talking about what?

This is a cartoon thread, we talk about cartoons that get posted. That cartoon was posted and I said a line or two about it?

Cliff Racer
Mar 24, 2007

by Lowtax

Fluo posted:

This is a cartoon thread, we talk about cartoons that get posted. That cartoon was posted and I said a line or two about it?

Yes, and I said a line or two about it too. Is there anything wrong with that.

Fluo
May 25, 2007

Cliff Racer posted:

Yes, and I said a line or two about it too. Is there anything wrong with that.

This is getting pretty silly. You questioned what was the point in me talking about a cartoon.

Cliff Racer
Mar 24, 2007

by Lowtax
No, I questioned the conclusion you came to, you can talk about it as much as you want but if you single it out negatively for things that frankly a lot of political cartoons do I'll make a note of it.

Fluo
May 25, 2007

Cliff Racer posted:

No, I questioned the conclusion you came to, you can talk about it as much as you want but if you single it out negatively for things that frankly a lot of political cartoons do I'll make a note of it.

Are you saying the conclusion I came to is wrong? Or are you just getting angry that I didn't do it to every single one (which tends to be the Telegraph/Daily Mail/Express cartoons but sometimes Guardian/Indy) cartoon ever posted? Because I was pretty mad at a Steve Bell's IF.. cartoon before . If you want to be critical of every single banal bad opinion cartoon that generally are all the same be my guest and then I can nitpick on something you missed out on a cartoon rather then add to the discussion by talking about something I spotted in it. Not everyone sees the same thing, we're not all robots or Thatcherites.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oYyZNHlGqhU

Cliff Racer
Mar 24, 2007

by Lowtax
I believe that your opinion, that it shows's the creator's political enemies to be bad people, but on the other hand that that is all well and good for a political cartoon. The worst are actually things like Mac which, as far as I can tell, typically say absolutely nothing.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band
It's a cartoon about the UK, as opposed to a cartoon from the UK, but I thought it might be worth posting.

Mister Beeg posted:

Matt Bors on Margaret Thatcher:

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"

prefect posted:

It's a cartoon about the UK, as opposed to a cartoon from the UK, but I thought it might be worth posting.

Hah, the broken milk bottle. Nice touch.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Cloud Potato posted:

EDIT: Real caption: “If only she could’ve donated a fraction of her guts and determination to today’s politicians.”

Absolutely true, that. If she could have avoided donating a fraction of her sociopathy and 100% of her political aims, it would be even better.

Crameltonian
Mar 27, 2010
That's a pretty good cartoon, famous deaths seem to bring out the best on Bors. As ever the milk bottle suffers most. :britain:

Fluo
May 25, 2007

That Bors is good! :3:

Guardian:

:siren: Rowan on Thatcher's funeral! :siren:
Margaret Thatcher's funeral will take place at 11am on Wednesday at St Paul's Cathedral.

Telegraph:

:shepface:

Indy:

It's a homage to Mark Antony in a painting by G E Robertson.

Others aren't around yet, but holy gently caress Cloud Potato, the Express are still uploading the same North Korean cartoon! :psyduck:

P.S: Archer season4 was amazing, just finished episode 13. :3:

Fluo fucked around with this message at 00:16 on Apr 13, 2013

Crameltonian
Mar 27, 2010

Fluo posted:

Telegraph:

That's a horrifically drawn cartoon, :smug: Merkel is pretty great though.

Flython
Oct 21, 2010

Fluo posted:

P.S: Archer season4 was amazing, just finished episode 13. :3:

Thanks again for keeping this great thread updated Fluo.

The recent Thatcher cartoons have really made me appreciate the lecture by Bell posted early in the thread.

The finale was great and it's nice to see them give a send up to Harry Goz. Murphy died the way he would of wanted, trapped under a soda machine with his spleen falling out of his anus.

BastardySkull
Apr 12, 2007

Fluo posted:

Telegraph:

What the gently caress are they doing paying money for this. It isn't just horribly rendered but just loving dumb.

edit: its like some Jedi force ghost poo poo going on. Also cover Thatcherghost with your hand and it looks like Cameron is having an episode.

Fluo
May 25, 2007

Yeah Each episode of Archer seems to out do the one before somehow. :swoon:

Stephen Collins (Guardian).

I lol'd quite hard.

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

where did that other dog come from

who is he

I read Peter's lines in Will Self's voice. He's probably critiqued a baby at some point, right?

Zephro
Nov 23, 2000

I suppose I could part with one and still be feared...

Party Boat posted:

I read Peter's lines in Will Self's voice. He's probably critiqued a baby at some point, right?
It's inconceivable that it could be Self, as the speech lacks the appropriate level of masturbatory, sesquipidalian ornamentation and autophiliac prolixity

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Observer:

Sunday Telegraph:

Independent On Sunday:

Handbags all round.

Mc Do Well
Aug 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5JKvNoZzOEw

It's part of being PM, isn't it? :confused:

Fluo
May 25, 2007

One label, thats pretty good for a Riddell!

Was taking the piss out of you'd have to be a Thatcherite to be PM, which since Thatcher, is kind of true. :smith:

Guardian:

Martin Rowson on the BBC Ding Dong controversy.
Ding Dong! The Witch is Dead has entered the music chart at No 2 after selling 52,605 copies.

Telegraph:

:confused:

Indy:

Ding dong the witch is dead! Oh wait, they've been gagged. :smith:

Stottie Kyek
Apr 26, 2008

fuckin egg in a bun

Fluo posted:

Telegraph:

I'm not sure on this one, but I think it's saying that Thatcher was more decisive and assertive about international relations than Cameron. (Whether she made the right decisions or not is irrelevant I guess.)

Kegluneq
Feb 18, 2011

Mr President, the physical reality of Prime Minister Corbyn is beyond your range of apprehension. If you'll just put on these PINKOVISION glasses...

Fluo posted:

Telegraph:

That seems to be a reference to her statement on Rome European Summit of 1990, during which she vociferously argued against further integration with Europe. It was a speech that led to the resignation of Sir Geoffrey Howe, Deputy PM and Leader of the Commons, and very shortly to Thatcher's own downfall a few weeks later. I guess the Telegraph is hoping Cameron will fall on his own sword out of principle as well?

Kegluneq fucked around with this message at 07:07 on Apr 15, 2013

Rude Dude With Tude
Apr 19, 2007

Your President approves this text.

Kegluneq posted:

I guess the Telegraph is hoping Cameron will fall on his own sword out of principle as well?

Well, fall backwards onto the sword being held behind him by his own party, surely?

Kegluneq
Feb 18, 2011

Mr President, the physical reality of Prime Minister Corbyn is beyond your range of apprehension. If you'll just put on these PINKOVISION glasses...

Mahmoud Ahmadinejad posted:

Well, fall backwards onto the sword being held behind him by his own party, surely?
Given how lauding Thatcher hasn't helped his popularity a jot, it may as well be her holding it. Speaking out strongly against Europe would probably help him more than hurt him now within his own party though.

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

Steve Bell on the silencing of Big Ben for Margaret Thatcher's funeral.

Telegraph:

Independent:

Daily Mail:

The BBC have been accused of risking the lives of students who took part in a Panorama documentary about North Korea.

quote:

“Guess what, Mum? I’m filming with the BBC in North Korea….They’re shooting tomorrow.”

Express is back!

Crameltonian
Mar 27, 2010
God help me I laughed at a Mac. Bad puns. :negative:

big scary monsters
Sep 2, 2011

-~Skullwave~-

Cloud Potato posted:

Guardian:

Those are Thatcher's eyes looking at us from Big Ben, right? Right.
Cartoonist of the year, folks!

Kegluneq
Feb 18, 2011

Context for the Express cartoon:

Newcastle United fans react badly to losing a local derby.

Fluo
May 25, 2007

Cloud Potato posted:

Guardian:

Real life is beyond satire. :suicide:

Have this weeks If...!

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Anything important happening today?

Guardian:

Independent:

Daily Mail:

It is Lady Thatcher’s funeral today.

quote:

“Ah, Denis. Who was in charge up here……till now?”

Express:

Telegraph:

:smith:

Fluo
May 25, 2007

Cloud Potato posted:

Anything important happening today?

Guardian:

Steve Bell, you summed it up perfectly. :swoon:

Niric
Jul 23, 2008

Wait, so not only is Adams' cartoon good, but he's done it at the expense of further Thatcher hagiography? I'm shocked, in the best possible way.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Niric posted:

Wait, so not only is Adams' cartoon good, but he's done it at the expense of further Thatcher hagiography? I'm shocked, in the best possible way.

No, it's just another lovely Boston Marathon cartoon that has nothing to do with Thatcher.

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

Independent:

Telegraph:

Daily Mail:

There were only a few protests at Margaret Thatcher’s funeral.

quote:

“I’m so glad you recorded this. I had my back to the funeral.”

Express:

Modus Trollens
Sep 12, 2010

I genuinely hope they make a statue bigger than Big Ben

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
They could build it to the loving moon, It's still getting Jebediah Springfield'd.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fluo
May 25, 2007

Cloud Potato posted:

Daily Mail:

There were only a few protests at Margaret Thatcher’s funeral.

Ahahahaha gently caress you daily mail. :ughh:

Fluo fucked around with this message at 05:13 on Apr 18, 2013

• Locked thread