Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

:colbert:

saihate posted:

Kotehan would just be the handle name / username / alias of whoever is talking. This looks more like a typical bbs board like 2ch.
Added to the fun fact. :v:

Thanks a lot and...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

saihate
Oct 16, 2009

ID: ththththt
PASS: hthththth
Also my Japanese isn't the greatest but.. this is what I could decipher from the chat log:

quote:

1: OnonoimoTa: 08/02/08
Alright. How are you pigs doing!
2: OnonoimoTa: 08/02/08
Second! (´・A・`)
3: OnonoimoTa: 08/02/08
Third! Because I'm slacking off at work lol
4: Anonymous: 08/02/08
>>1
You’re the pig. Good job on slacking off.

I changed "会社早退" (leaving early from the company?)" to slacking off, since here's still there.

Looks like he's futilely trying to bump his thread too :shobon:

For this?

quote:

OnonoimoTa
I like punk and metal. 28 years old. My favorite music label is Hell Cat! Meow~
It’s been a while, pleaase read the lyrics I wrote today

Edit: Made corrections. That isn't "Dog", but the "Ta" in Kanta.

\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/ Regarding Ononoimo, I'm not sure if it means Anonymous. In Japanese netspeak, anonymous is "名無し" (Nanashi/Nameless). I think it's a references of some sort, but I'm on a school computer without a Japanese keyboard, so I can't look it up now. I did get some results for a TV show. I'll just pretend he's trembling potato or something.

saihate fucked around with this message at 20:47 on Apr 12, 2013

Bobbin Threadbare
Jan 2, 2009

I'm looking for a flock of urbanmechs.

I get the feeling that "Ononoimo" is supposed to be "Anonymous."

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

saihate posted:

Hard to read Kanji.
The Kanji is 'Hell' so 'Hell Cat! Meow~'

Edit: Or Hellcat from the album.

saihate
Oct 16, 2009

Nyaa posted:

The Kanji is 'Hell' so 'Hell Cat! Meow~'

Edit: Or Hellcat from the album.

Thanks! Also the meow is a verbal tic "Nyaa~" he added at the end of the sentence ...to sound cute or something, I don't know.

(Which is amusing in the context of this thread)

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

All added. Thanks a lot!

Bobbin Threadbare
Jan 2, 2009

saihate posted:

Edit: Made corrections. That isn't "Dog", but the "Ta" in Kanta.

\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/ Regarding Ononoimo, I'm not sure if it means Anonymous. In Japanese netspeak, anonymous is "名無し" (Nanashi/Nameless). I think it's a references of some sort, but I'm on a school computer without a Japanese keyboard, so I can't look it up now. I did get some results for a TV show. I'll just pretend he's trembling potato or something.

I could see it as him mashing up "Anonymous" with "Kanta" to get "Anonymota."

saihate
Oct 16, 2009

Bobbin Threadbare posted:

I could see it as him mashing up "Anonymous" with "Kanta" to get "Anonymota."

I could see Kanta doing that, but anonymous would be anonimasu phonetically, not ononoimo. He could be butchering it, or making it sound cuter, but there's probably some other meaning.

It could be a reference to Ono no Imoko, with the" ko" (common ending of a girl's name) replaced with a "ta" (common ending for a boy's name). I still don't know the significance of that.

Panic! at Nabisco
Jun 6, 2007

it seemed like a good idea at the time
A quick search of the Japan part of the internet indicates that it has something to do with potatoes? Which would make sense, given the shape of his head.

Nidoking
Jan 27, 2009

I fought the lava, and the lava won.

saihate posted:

I changed "会社早退" (leaving early from the company?)" to slacking off, since here's still there.

Maybe they're hinting that he's going to be fired?

Bobbin Threadbare posted:

I get the feeling that "Ononoimo" is supposed to be "Anonymous."

I'm in mind of the "nonomohe" style of drawing a generic face, using the corresponding hiragana characters for the eyes, nose, and mouth. You could possibly make a weird head shape (wearing a hat?) out of an O, then the no no for the eyes, i for a nose, and a squashed mo for a mouth. I assume I'm thinking way too much about this. The implication probably is that he's bumping his own forum post because he has no worthwhile contributions to make. I know the feeling.

tiistai
Nov 1, 2012

Solo Melodica

Nidoking posted:

I'm in mind of the "nonomohe" style of drawing a generic face, using the corresponding hiragana characters for the eyes, nose, and mouth. You could possibly make a weird head shape (wearing a hat?) out of an O, then the no no for the eyes, i for a nose, and a squashed mo for a mouth. I assume I'm thinking way too much about this. The implication probably is that he's bumping his own forum post because he has no worthwhile contributions to make. I know the feeling.

...is what it would look like, for anyone wondering.

Richter Scabies
Dec 30, 2012

I'd just like to sperg to a manga references this latest chapter has;

When Kanta is criticizing/praising the food at restaurant, his hairstyle changes to characters from food-critic-centric, "Oishinbo": to its protagonist Shiro when he realizes the entree is drat good, and to Yuzan, Shiro's rival/father, if his response is lukewarm about it.

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

tiistai posted:

...is what it would look like, for anyone wondering.
I can see the eye and nose, but...

zurfenturf posted:

"Oishinbo": to its protagonist Shiro when he realizes the entree is drat good, and to Yuzan, Shiro's rival/father, if his response is lukewarm about it.
Thanks, added.

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

zurfenturf posted:

the entree is drat good

You can swear here, it's okay. :v:

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

As mentioned before, I haven’t played this route yet so I can join the goon hivemind of voting! Three saving chance as compensation for the lack of foresight this time and I highly suggest no one follow my vote because I suck at this.

---------------------------------------------------------------
Day Six: BBQ
---------------------------------------------------------------

It’s summer, let’s go BBQ! :woop:

Another co-worker. Kanta is trying to build his office girl harem or something. :clint:

A day at the workplace…

(Hmm… What are these people looking at?)

(Ah, a company event notice… This year is…)
BBQ EVENT!

BARBECUEEEEEEEEEEEEE! :chef:

BBQ! This should be interesting!

AWESOME!

It will be so much fun, everyone would participate, right?
You must come; anyone that doesn’t would be a little too shutin. You would come, right? Ms. Shoko?
(Ms. Shoko!)
Of course! This is the BBQ! I can’t wait!
(Ms. Shoko is going… Hmm... Hmm…)

MEAT! MEAT! MEAT! :btroll:

BBQ! HERE I COME! INTO THE RANK OF BBQ EVENT!

The day of the event…

Today is the day of BBQ!

Speaking of casual clothing…
Ms. Shoko casual outfit…

“Must be… Very cute.”

Hmm… That can only be witnessed in social gathering where everyone in is in their casual attire.

Takanago
Jun 2, 2007

You'll see...
C. "Hey guys check out my edgy t-shirt"

Centurion154
Feb 1, 2013
Let us see what Kanta wears to show off his characteristic inner man child we know him as.

Dragongem
Nov 9, 2009

Heroes of the Storm
Goon Tournament Champion
Clearly we should wear our brony shirt to show how hip we are C

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

Don't go too out there. Wear something normal.

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

I would normally go with normal, but maybe stronger characteristic will help Kanta stands out among his fellow suitor. I hope is not something crazy though. :ohdear:

ArchWizard
Mar 27, 2009

There's the Roy I know and love.

D. Judge us by the color of our clothes AND the content of our character!

PureRok
Mar 27, 2010

Good as new.
I'd have to guess... D. We want to stand out, but C would go against the tips they gave, I think.

E: Oh god please don't wear a fedora to show how different you are, Kanta.

PureRok fucked around with this message at 19:32 on Apr 17, 2013

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

A Peacocking is the best way to assert your status as an alpha male and get the HB.

Catastrophics
Jun 2, 2011
D! Everyone should fully experience Kanta's characteristics!

Bobbin Threadbare
Jan 2, 2009

Ooh, this is a tough one, mostly because we're relying on Kanta's sense of style again. We can't pick anything too exceptional or else be overdressed for a casual event, plus our subject this time sounds like she intends to drag Kanta around the whole park before the end. That means "shiny and stylish" is right out. "Normal" is a safe pick, but boring, and "shocking t-shirt" has way too many possibilities given the internet, so I'll take the risk and go with Kanta's personality this time.

Sherd Red
Mar 23, 2012
I AM A HORRIBLE PUBBIE WHO LIKES TO USE REDDIT MEMES PLEASE MOCK ME EVERY TIME I POST
"The world must see my goatse t-shirt!" C.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

I'd have expected a "sporty" choice, but I guess that would be obvious. Let's go for D and see what he thinks reflects himself. What kind of Pokemon are you, Kanta, how do you do the things you do?

benzine
Oct 21, 2010
Back to basics.

VictualSquid
Feb 29, 2012

Gently enveloping the target with indiscriminate love.
If D is wrong I don't want to be right.

Carlioo
Dec 26, 2012

:krakentoot:
D. Let's show just how much of a nerd you are Kanta!

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

Let's be weird!

dereku
Oct 23, 2010

Open up your senses
A Maximum peacock

HrungTheGi
Oct 30, 2012
Characteristic because I have a hunch it will just mean he turns up in his work clothes.

a7m2
Jul 9, 2012

As much as I'd like to see option D, let's go for the normal clothes.

Morton Salt Grrl
Sep 2, 2011

D&D: HASBARA SQUAD
FRESH BLOOD

May their memory be a justification for genocide
A Peacock, then lay down some negs.

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
Let's lay all of our manly cards on the table with D.

Rexides
Jul 25, 2011

The weird t-shirt is going to be either a great conversation starter or get Kanta fired, both great outcomes.

Mr Muggy
Mar 30, 2010

I'm just gonna do this for about two minutes, okay?
"Sup? Wanna get weird?"

Falls Down Stairs
Nov 2, 2008

IT KEEPS HAPPENING
Characteristic. Kanta's got to be true to himself.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZippoGuy
Dec 18, 2005

Some say the world
will end in fire...
I'm just helping it along
College Slice
Demonstrate your characteristics.

• Locked thread