Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
Nice to see tracks with just Yeezy's name on them again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Epi Lepi
Oct 29, 2009

You can hear the voice
Telling you to Love
It's the voice of MK Ultra
And you're doing what it wants
Song featuring Florence Welch? Yes please, and may I have another!

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Holding out for that supposed Burial produced track. Would die to hear Kanye rapping over some sweet London dub.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Quantum of Phallus posted:

Holding out for that supposed Burial produced track. Would die to hear Kanye rapping over some sweet London dub.

Ohhh god I forgot all about that. That would be the sweetest thing ever :flashfap:

Not An Irish Monk
May 1, 2009
Isn't there a possibility that photo/tracklist is fake? Not that a double album wouldn't be really awesome, or those songs don't appear interesting, but I'm not getting excited yet until poo poo is confirmed. A track with Kanye, Ocean and Pusha T would be real neat though!

atrus50
Dec 24, 2008
The guy who posted it claims to be Travi$ XX and is probably trolling

Ed: confirmed as troll. Was posting through an encrypted proxy in Paris.

atrus50 fucked around with this message at 00:26 on Feb 5, 2013

Dangerous Person
Apr 4, 2011

Not dead yet
Well, I'm kind of glad. I loving hate Skrillex.

atrus50
Dec 24, 2008

Dangerous Person posted:

Well, I'm kind of glad. I loving hate Skrillex.

No, the skrillex song is real unfortunately. See the previous page for some artists who did some work for the 6th solo.

Dangerous Person
Apr 4, 2011

Not dead yet
Oh well. I like Kanye enough that I won't get into a hissy fit over it.

WerthersWay
Jul 21, 2009

No way Kanye has songs with Skrillex and Florence after ASAP just did.

atrus50
Dec 24, 2008
Right, I'm not saying these songs will ever see the light of day. Just sayin that they exist.

Muck and Mire
Dec 9, 2011

He did a song with Elton John too and it wasn't an Elton John song, ya dig. There aren't gonna be any disgusting wobbles on Kanye's next album

atrus50
Dec 24, 2008
Kanye won 2 more grammys last night. He wasn't there to accept them because he is currently in Brazil learning how to produce samba rythems youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=0VIBat0o6Ww

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

Mordecai Sanchez posted:

No way Kanye has songs with Skrillex and Florence after ASAP just did.

He told Jay he did a song with Coldplay. Next thing he know, Jay got a song with Coldplay.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

Muck and Mire posted:

He did a song with Elton John too and it wasn't an Elton John song, ya dig. There aren't gonna be any disgusting wobbles on Kanye's next album

He literally posted on twitter that the Skrillex Cinema remix is a work of art.

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything

scary ghost dog posted:

He told Jay he did a song with Coldplay. Next thing he know, Jay got a song with Coldplay.

One of the Best Lyricists of Our Time.

Blast Fantasto
Sep 18, 2007

USAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!
I always loves that line, because it creates this mental image where Kanye and Jay-Z refuse to refer to Chris Martin by his actual name. They just call him "Coldplay", even in conversations with him.

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

-Atom- posted:

One of the Best Lyricists of Our Time.

He was like, "no way." Translate espanol, "no way Jose."

temple
Jul 29, 2006

I have actual skeletons in my closet
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R7Jkw6k54HA

Kanye performs and screams until he loses his mind. Sounds like pain.

Bob NewSCART
Feb 1, 2012

Outstanding afternoon. "I've often said there's nothing better for the inside of a man than the outside of a horse."

temple posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R7Jkw6k54HA

Kanye performs and screams until he loses his mind. Sounds like pain.

Was just gonna post this. Is this a live mental breakdown or is he just "performance arting"

FuzzyWuzzy
Jul 16, 2009
:dukedog:

Bob NewSCART posted:

Is this a live mental breakdown or is he just "performance arting"

Aren't those the same thing to Kanye?

atrus50
Dec 24, 2008
Something bout Psalms 82 (shots at based god/crooked I?!?)

Mexcillent
Dec 6, 2008
welp

http://www.nme.com/news/kanye-west/68455

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

That's from over 2 months ago dude

Mexcillent
Dec 6, 2008

Quantum of Phallus posted:

That's from over 2 months ago dude

Was it posted? Cus I didn't find it. I was stil thinking it was happening.

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
Well this is from an interview with Daft Punk:

quote:

While recording, Daft Punk found time in their schedules to jam with Kanye West for his next album. At their Paris studio, they laid down a combination of live and programmed drums while Kanye worked out rough vocals on the fly. "It was very raw: he was rapping – kind of screaming primally, actually," Thomas says. "Kanye doesn’t give a gently caress," Guy-Manuel adds. "He’s a good friend." Director (and longtime Daft Punk compatriot) Michel Gondry says that Kanye recently played him "two songs" that sprang from the session. "One of them, I told him it sounded solid and powerful – I envisioned a cube when I heard it," Gondry says. "He told me, Chris Cunningham’s already directing the video!"

Read more: http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/exclusive-daft-punk-reveal-secrets-of-new-album-20130413#ixzz2QOB5ezta
Follow us: @rollingstone on Twitter | RollingStone on Facebook

CHRISTS FOR SALE
Jan 14, 2005

"fuck you and die"
I'm glad Kanye is reciprocating. It will be nice to finally put to rest the "Kanye stole 'Stronger' from Daft Punk!" rumor...

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

CHRISTS FOR SALE posted:

I'm glad Kanye is reciprocating. It will be nice to finally put to rest the "Kanye stole 'Stronger' from Daft Punk!" rumor...

Why was this EVER a thing? They're in the loving video for god's sake, and every time Daft Punk talked about it they seemed to love it.

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
Hell, they performed it WITH him at the Grammys (although people tried their hardest to disprove it)

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
It comes from the same camp who thinks all sampling is theft and doesnt warrant artistic recognition.

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

The answer is, mate, because I want to do you slowly. There has to be a bit of sport in this for all of us. In the psychological battle stakes, we are stripped down and ready to go. I want to see those ashen-faced performances; I want more of them. I want to be encouraged. I want to see you squirm.
I think most dance music lovers saw it as sacrilege more than anything else. Taking (what you consider to be) a classic track and then just rapping straight over the top of it, on par with Skrillex remixing the Beatles.

Note that it comes from people who didn't like Kanye in the first place, and at least in my own experience, people didn't think he "stole" it so much as "ruined" it.

okkie
Oct 3, 2005

play nothing

webmeister posted:

I think most dance music lovers saw it as sacrilege more than anything else. Taking (what you consider to be) a classic track and then just rapping straight over the top of it, on par with Skrillex remixing the Beatles.

But that's not what Kanye did with "Stronger"? :confused:

Boywhiz88
Sep 11, 2005

floating 26" off da ground. BURR!

okkie posted:

But that's not what Kanye did with "Stronger"? :confused:

For the haters, it's how they view it. Honestly, I loved Michel Gondry being told that Chris Cunningham will be directing the video for this song. Just because they are 2 of my favorite music video directors. I still think about the videos for Come to Daddy, All is Full of Love and Only You when I'm listening to those songs.

Blast Fantasto
Sep 18, 2007

USAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!
The whole thing is hilarious given the amount of sampling Daft Punk does.

There's no such thing as sacrilege in music. Sampling rules.

schweens
Jan 14, 2011

kakarot ain't got shit on me
What do those Daft Punk fans say when they hear this?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z3AKrwna2C8

Hating anyone for sampling is a mental defect or something

bonus youtube comment:

schweens fucked around with this message at 23:34 on Apr 14, 2013

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

Only black artists are accused of stealing when they sample something, you'll find.

Muck and Mire
Dec 9, 2011

It's always hilarious when someone finds out Daft's poo poo is heavily sample-based.

Super stoked for the Kanye tracks, hopefully this means a new solo album before too long.

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

Muck and Mire posted:

It's always hilarious when someone finds out Daft's poo poo is heavily sample-based.

Super stoked for the Kanye tracks, hopefully this means a new solo album before too long.

You misread. Kanye isn't doing tracks on Daft Punk's new album, Daft Punk is doing a track on Kanye's.

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
Is Daft Punk still considered relevant these days within dance music circles? As an outsider, it seems like house has been displaced.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Muck and Mire
Dec 9, 2011

scary ghost dog posted:

You misread. Kanye isn't doing tracks on Daft Punk's new album, Daft Punk is doing a track on Kanye's.

Yes, hopefully it means a new Kanye solo album before too long.

• Locked thread