Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Keru
Aug 2, 2004

'n suddenly there was a terrible roar all around us 'n the sky was full of what looked like 'uge bats, all swooping 'n screeching 'n divin' around the ute.
But I want to see all six options, PTN :(

That whinging done, I'm going with E

Let's go kick Hanse Davion in the shins and steal his lunch.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Merry Marauder
Apr 4, 2009

"But she goes not abroad, in search of monsters to destroy. She is the well-wisher to the freedom and independence of all. She is the champion and vindicator only of her own."

AJ_Impy posted:

Looks to me like Tor is not the Master.

PoptartsNinja posted:

Political Vote 12

A man at the threshold of the First Circuit’s chambers glared at its squabbling members. A lattice of gruesome scars radiated outward from the eye patch covering his right eye left no doubt as to its total ruination, but the left was filled with an intensity that promised the same ruination as the glow of a PPC’s charging coils. He wore the simple white robes of a Precentor, bearing only the symbol of ComStar on his left breast, and a downward-pointing sword on the right. The barrel of his laser pistol glowed an angry orange and the scorch mark in the stone ceiling left no doubt as to the weapon’s lethality. He was flanked by Charles Seneca, the Precentor ROM, though the First Circuit members ignored that as thoroughly as they always did.

You think?

Shoeless
Sep 2, 2011
Gonna have to throw a life line to my favorites and go with C) Guerilla War, playing as the Capellans.

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

This is me on vacation in Amsterdam :)
Never be afraid of being yourself!

E for the Concordwhat.

Tank Boy Ken
Aug 24, 2012
J4G for life
Fallen Rib
C) Guerilla War (1 lance, choice to play for either House Hasek or House Liao)

Sounds like fun to me :).

Erd
Jun 6, 2011
E, Always nice when the little guys get a moment in the sun.

Remmon
Dec 9, 2011
Let's go for A for hilarious clan on clan action. Maybe someone will actually make it to the finish line!

Tarquinn
Jul 3, 2007

I know I’ve made some very poor decisions recently, but I can give you
my complete assurance that my work will be back to normal.
Hell Gem
F sounds like a lot of fun.

Carbolic
Apr 19, 2007

This song is about how America chews the working man up and spits him in the dirt to die

quote:

B) Hogarth’s Heroes (1 lance, Hogarth’s Heroes)

I vote B.

anakha
Sep 16, 2009

Going with B.

I kinda want to go back to small-unit scenarios for now, after the massive logistics of the past several missions.

Besides, Ghosts!!!

C...
Jan 22, 2008

Tootin the Doom Flute has led the Kingdom of Ankist into a new age of illumination. Every morning, people wake up and open palm slam a woodwind instrument into their mouth. It is the Doom Flute and right then and there they start playing the notes. They play every note, and they play every note hard
Voting for NOT A if that's possible.

Just don't feel like that. Anything else is fine.

TildeATH
Oct 21, 2010

by Lowtax
Voting B. There better be ASCII faces and MY HOME PLANET on all the update maps.

Nektu
Jul 4, 2007

FUKKEN FUUUUUUCK
Cybernetic Crumb
B be it.

Ready! Set! Blow!
Jun 17, 2005

Red alert.
Voting for :ghost: B :ghost:

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Definitely E.

Rivensteel
Mar 30, 2010

Gotta go with B for the hijinks!

Fil5000
Jun 23, 2003

HOLD ON GUYS I'M POSTING ABOUT INTERNET ROBOTS
Voting A because deathrace mode in MWO is one of goondom's greatest gifts and this should be just like that.

Zikan
Feb 29, 2004

E Get off mah property!

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

The more you kick against the pricks, the more you suffer.
Looking forward to seeing the locust in a giant sheet at the end of B.

Wales Grey
Jun 20, 2012

Fil5000 posted:

Voting A because deathrace mode in MWO is one of goondom's greatest gifts and this should be just like that.

Deathrace best race. :rolldice:

Voting for B, I want to see some shenanigans.

Gniwu
Dec 18, 2002

I know that this would probably become the new Solaris-curse (Eternal second place in the votes), but please let option A linger for at least one more round. It sounds too good to be discarded like that, especially since the race will bring tangible, material benefits to the winning side, instead of 'only' the honour of victory like back in the arena. Maybe this will inspire players from the less conservative clans (Hello, Steel Vipers!) to get 'creative' with the rules.

Der Waffle Mous
Nov 27, 2009

In the grim future, there is only commerce.
B

I can't say no to Hogarth vs a ghost.

landcollector
Feb 28, 2011
As a side note, the voting tallies are roughly as follows:

A) 16
B) 34
C) 2
D) 2
E) 20
F) 5
Not A) 1

John Charity Spring
Nov 4, 2009

SCREEEEE
A! I have no idea what this death race could entail but it's got to be entertaining.

Grizzwold
Jan 27, 2012

Posters off the pork bow!
A, because I'm imagining something like this, only with giant robots. And everyone is Dick Dastardly.

Octatonic
Sep 7, 2010

B

anakha
Sep 16, 2009

Grizzwold posted:

A, because I'm imagining something like this, only with giant robots. And everyone is Dick Dastardly.

This would unironically own.

Congratulations! You Won.
Mar 21, 2007

THE FUTURE IS UNWRITTEN

I have to vote for B: Ghost Problems. It's pretty much the polar opposite of the last campaign and I think we could use that. Scenario A is pretty neat also, however.

Also please add me to the pilot list. I just realized I never did that despite following this thread from nearly the beginning.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

A

Helter Skelter
Feb 10, 2004

BEARD OF HAVOC

Today marks 17 months since I signed up for the pilot pool (this thread has some legs, god drat). My turn has finally arrived, and I'm torn on which scenario to vote for. I like ghosts and death races!

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver
By the way, did anyone get any cheevos over the course of that campaign?

I just remembered that achievements were a thing at one point.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

JT Jag posted:

By the way, did anyone get any cheevos over the course of that campaign?

I just remembered that achievements were a thing at one point.

I think those were incentives to get the Solaris PvPers to play entertainingly dangerously.

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

PTN, if B wins I would like to talk to you about product placement in the film. Surely a major motion picture has time to remind everyone that they too can stop a ghost with help from the Nashan Diversified family of products.

landcollector
Feb 28, 2011

T.G. Xarbala posted:

I think those were incentives to get the Solaris PvPers to play entertainingly dangerously.

Not quite true. They carried over to the beginnings of the Jeronimo campaign.

Arquinsiel
Jun 1, 2006

"There is no such thing as society. There are individual men and women, and there are families. And no government can do anything except through people, and people must look to themselves first."

God Bless Margaret Thatcher
God Bless England
RIP My Iron Lady
Jesus Christ.....

It's Thomas Marik :aaaaa:

Helter Skelter
Feb 10, 2004

BEARD OF HAVOC

Based on previous political updates, I'm pretty sure that our Precentor Martial is in fact the real-deal Tor Miraborg. The right-eye/left-eye inconsistency is probably just an editing oversight.

The Merry Marauder
Apr 4, 2009

"But she goes not abroad, in search of monsters to destroy. She is the well-wisher to the freedom and independence of all. She is the champion and vindicator only of her own."

Helter Skelter posted:

Based on previous political updates, I'm pretty sure that our Precentor Martial is in fact the real-deal Tor Miraborg. The right-eye/left-eye inconsistency is probably just an editing oversight.

I didn't quote the Combat Theater vote originally because I didn't want to be pedantic, but:

quote:

His fingers trailed down his left cheek, massaging the ancient scar there. It had been so long ago he’d lost his eye. Tor would’ve liked to believe he’d gained wisdom in the intervening time, but the heat of his anger was undiminished in its intensity. His fingers brushed the noteputer’s screen as he read the words contained within for the thousandth time.

Seems deliberate.

Speculating is a little difficult given that history hasn't quite played out the way it did canonically, but Tommy Marik wasn't really a warrior, and while I would like it to be Yorinaga Kurita, it's not his style, and I imagine he'd choose a different language for his pseudonym.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

PoptartsNinja posted:

The fifteen of them who're in the Inner Sphere are with the Snow Ravens and Sea Foxes, pillaging their way across the Inner Sphere like some sort of mysterious SPACE VIKINGS.

Oh god I want to see this so bad :swoon: :sweden:

B) Hogarth’s Heroes :ghost:

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

The Merry Marauder posted:

I didn't quote the Combat Theater vote originally because I didn't want to be pedantic, but:

Seems deliberate.

Speculating is a little difficult given that history hasn't quite played out the way it did canonically, but Tommy Marik wasn't really a warrior, and while I would like it to be Yorinaga Kurita, it's not his style, and I imagine he'd choose a different language for his pseudonym.

The Master is Tor Miraborg. That's a fact. This one is just from the Mirror Universe.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Merry Marauder
Apr 4, 2009

Defiance Industries posted:

The Master is Tor Miraborg. That's a fact. This one is just from the Mirror Universe.

I really want it to be Earth-2 G.D. Carlyle for some reason.

• Locked thread