Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zooloo
Mar 30, 2003

just wanted to make you something beautiful
Everyone will be fine. Hiatuses come and go. One day, you'll wake up and the story won't be on the backburner anymore. It'll be hurtling towards a conclusion, and then it'll be done forever.

Consider that and prepare for it too.

I'm going to bed. Sometime after I get up, I'm closing this thread. I'll make a new one on the far side of the hiatus, when Homestuck returns. I think we'll see a fifth year but no more.

The end of this strange journey isn't in sight, but it's only just over the horizon...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KaosMachina
Oct 9, 2012

There's nothing special about me.
Well this is a sad thing to wake up to.

Hamiltonian Bicycle
Apr 26, 2008

!
Aw, and we're so close to so much stuff moving forward.

I hope we get to hear a little about the plans for the game as that goes on, I'm interested to see how well Hussie does with a game that isn't a story delivery gimmick.

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!

Zoolooman posted:

Everyone will be fine. Hiatuses come and go. One day, you'll wake up and the story won't be on the backburner anymore. It'll be hurtling towards a conclusion, and then it'll be done forever.

Consider that and prepare for it too.

I am genuinely scared of The Ultimate Hiatus. Homestuck ending may well cause the internet to suffer at least a minor collapse.

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008

Cleretic posted:

I am genuinely scared of The Ultimate Hiatus. Homestuck ending may well cause the internet to suffer at least a minor collapse.

The suicide rate is bound to skyrocket, at least!

Cthulhuchan
Nov 10, 2005

Rose: Sip martini thoughtfully.

Such as this one.

Just a tiny sip couldn't hurt...
Mark my words, some lives will be genuinely ruined when Homestuck finally ends. Ain't a thing Hussie could do about it, either. Would have had to scuttle the whole think before the trolls got traction, I figure.

Milli
Sep 28, 2009

friendship is magic
in a pony paradise
don't you judge me

It's been real, Homestuck thread. I had a good time lurking.

See y'all on the other side.

BiggerJ
May 21, 2007

What shall we do with him? A permaban, perhaps? Probate him for a few years? Or...shall we employ a big red custom title? You, the goons of SA, shall decide his fate.

Hamiltonian Bicycle posted:

Aw, and we're so close to so much stuff moving forward.

I hope we get to hear a little about the plans for the game as that goes on, I'm interested to see how well Hussie does with a game that isn't a story delivery gimmick.

Didn't they say on the Kickstarter that they'd post about development? I forget.

Edit: Ah, here we go.

quote:

6. Is there any word on what the backer blog is going to be and when it's going to go up? There's a lot of speculation on whether it will be game updates or a way for backers to check the status on unshipped packages.

The backer blog is going to be on the MSPA Forums, and it's being set up right now. We will make an announcement when it's ready. It will not be a way for people to check on their pledges or orders. It'll include updates about the Kickstarter and game development process, and maybe some other stuff too??

No word on when this'll happen. I've asked them on Kickstarter, also bug them yourself maybe?

BiggerJ fucked around with this message at 14:22 on Apr 14, 2013

YF-23
Feb 17, 2011

My god, it's full of cat!

BiggerJ posted:

Didn't they say on the Kickstarter that they'd post about development? I forget.

Yeah, the kickstarter page mentioned a dev blog that contributors would have access to. I hope it gets set up and starts getting updated in these months for you see I need my fix Hussie do you hear me I need my fix give me my fix Hussie

BiggerJ
May 21, 2007

What shall we do with him? A permaban, perhaps? Probate him for a few years? Or...shall we employ a big red custom title? You, the goons of SA, shall decide his fate.
In case you didn't see my edit - I asked them about it on the Kickstarter, also bug them yourself maybe?

Bobulus
Jan 28, 2007

Que Sera, Sera, thread.

See you on the other side.

Cavatica
Nov 2, 2010

It's been real, thread! See y'all in a few months in the new thread.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
I wonder if we'll get a Jailbreak volume 2 album during this hiatus.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Farewell dear 1000 page Homestuck thread! It won't be an easy wait but remember - we're finally almost there. :unsmith:

Fat_Cow
Dec 12, 2009

Every time I yank a jawbone from a skull and ram it into an eyesocket, I know I'm building a better future.

Goodnight sweet prince.

senseinobu
Jul 28, 2008
Just want to remind people that we've had this thread, since CASCADE.
So long, thread and may flights of angels sing thee to thy rest.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

Homestuck: The Final Acts: The title is less likely to be a lie this time.

Bobulus
Jan 28, 2007

You all probably already figured this out, but John in the most recent flash? John is us.

He had excitement and confusion for a while, but then he had a big period where nothing happened and he got bored. Really bored. So bored that he started all sorts of little projects and rewatched old media. And at the very end, eventually, the boredom ended and all the Homestuck characters showed up.

What I'm saying is that this will be my face in several months:

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

Well, it's not like we're actually going anywhere.

Luminous Obscurity
Jan 10, 2007

"The instrument you know as a piano was once called a pianoforte, because it can play both loud and quiet notes."
MSPaint Adventures - Homestuck Edition: And End, Once and for All

Comic
Feb 24, 2008

Mad Comic Stylings

Cleretic posted:

There's always the next Hussie project, whatever it may be, whatever form it will take.

BlueInkAlchemist
Apr 17, 2012

"He's also known as 'BlueInkAlchemist'."
"Who calls him that?"
"Himself, mostly."
MSPaint Adventures - Homestuck Edition: I Gotcher Disc Three Right Here

lotus circle
Dec 25, 2012

Jushure Iburu
So don't worry
This thread came a long way, but at least we now see an ending. See you crazy folks after the new thread comes up. I hope this hiatus won't be TOO long.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
With my last breath, I curse the Alpha Kiiiiiiiiiids

Lord of Laughton
Nov 11, 2008

It's hard to say for certain
But I think I like it here.
What a thing to wake up to. The hiatus of all hiatuses. Stay safe fellow goons. The night is dark and full of Homestucks without updates.

Plom Bar
Jun 5, 2004

hardest time i ever done :(

JT Jag posted:

I know he's said this a few times. I'm curious when exactly he said it last, though.

So, to answer this question, 'a few hours ago'.

I'm going to be spending the next few months re-reading from the beginning, and trying to take stock of things I might have missed. Also, watching Topatoco and What Pumpkin like a hawk for when/if Volume 3 and other books and merch start to appear. But, hell, I got through the gap between Doctor Who Series 6 and Series 7, I can get through this.

See you folks in a few months. June, maybe.

Also, still looking for a replacement III. The Empress tarot card, if anyone's willing to part with theirs.

Omnomnomnivore
Nov 14, 2010

I'm swiftly moving toward a solution which pleases nobody! YEAGGH!
Remember the hiatus after the Equius/Aradiabot smooch in Hivebent? Remember how insane everyone went? Good times.

I'm pretty sure Hussie has always, always, always slipped on his time estimates. So, with "Months, Months, Months" as his current estimate I think the hitting year 5 after a who knows how long break is more or less a given.

YF-23
Feb 17, 2011

My god, it's full of cat!

MSPaint Adventures - Homestuck Edition, Act 6 Act 6 Intermission 5 Hiatus 1

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Plom Bar posted:

So, to answer this question, 'a few hours ago'.

I'm going to be spending the next few months re-reading from the beginning, and trying to take stock of things I might have missed. Also, watching Topatoco and What Pumpkin like a hawk for when/if Volume 3 and other books and merch start to appear. But, hell, I got through the gap between Doctor Who Series 6 and Series 7, I can get through this.

See you folks in a few months. June, maybe.

It'll be interesting to see if any liveblogs manage to catch up during the Great Break.

This is my current list of decent ones.

http://precisionfstrike.tumblr.com/
http://treestuck.tumblr.com/
http://land-of-boredom-and-confusion.tumblr.com/
http://hexapodia.tumblr.com/

So we'll see I guess.

lotus circle
Dec 25, 2012

Jushure Iburu
So don't worry

Omnomnomnivore posted:

Remember the hiatus after the Equius/Aradiabot smooch in Hivebent? Remember how insane everyone went? Good times.

I'm pretty sure Hussie has always, always, always slipped on his time estimates. So, with "Months, Months, Months" as his current estimate I think the hitting year 5 after a who knows how long break is more or less a given.
Nah, he still seems determined to end the comic in 2013. It does seem like Act 6 Act 6 is going to be a lot shorter than the previous parts of Act 6.

...Then again he also said once that Act 6 would be shorter than Act 5 and now they're practically the same length so what do I know. :v:

Dark Grapefruit
Jun 3, 2006

All cans are welcome and equal in your city, regardless of can content, and whether empty or full.
I made it through the Cascade break, I can make it through this. See you on 6/12 I hope.

Well Manicured Man
Aug 21, 2010

Well Manicured Mort
Welp, see you guys in a year. It's been rad.

Edit: I'd love if Homestuck comes back before or after my birthday, around the end of June. It would be an excellent present.

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass

dumb brunette posted:

See you all in June or something!

Seriously considering checking out until 14-4-13 so I don't have to deal with the animation hiatus as well because clearly "months" means twelve.

MechanicalTomPetty
Oct 30, 2011

Runnin' down a dream
That never would come to me
Looks like it's time to catch up on that re-read I've been meaning to do. Fare the well good thread, may flights of doom-angels sing thee to thy rest.

Color Printer
May 9, 2011

You get used to it. I don't
even see the code. All I see
is Ipecac, Scapular, Polyphemus...

I'm kinda really hoping we get at least a little info on the game during the hiatus. Especially since we know literally nothing about it, except it's apparently a Homestuck game.

But hey, this gives me plenty of time to catch up on Gunnerkrieg Court, Cucumber Quest, (list of other webcomics goes here)...

I think we can all agree that these are the best pages to start the hiatus on, though. :allears:

RedMagus
Nov 16, 2005

Male....Female...what does it matter? Power is beautiful, and I've got the power!
Grimey Drawer
Make sure you get everyone's numbers so you can still talk over speakercrab!

I feel like the hiatus is actually a good idea at the moment. We're about to plunge into the last round of updates, and this will let everyone not only catch up if they've been slow and/or are new readers, but also allow both the community as well as Hussie to review the plot and check for any danging plot threads. Considering his last few works, I feel like he is not the kind of person to leave a thread dangling.

Torgover
Sep 2, 2006

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!
Don't close the thread. We've all grown up a bit since the Pesterchum controversy of 2011. We made it through the gaps this summer, and hiatus threads can be pretty fun sometimes. It may indeed be the thing to get us through the long, dark, Homestuckless spring.

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

See you on the other side of the Vast Hiatus.

It sounds like he wants to at least try to ensure the game won't be a steaming pile of poo poo, which is admirable. The occasional small update to keep interest up in the comic may be wise though.

Well Manicured Man
Aug 21, 2010

Well Manicured Mort

Olivia42 posted:

We've all grown up a bit since the Pesterchum controversy of 2011.

Are you willing to bet on that?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zeruel
Mar 27, 2010

Alert: bad post spotted.
Gentlemen, it has been a privilege playing with you tonight.
:smithfrog: