Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
tnimark
Dec 22, 2009

Red_Museum posted:

I couldn't stop laughing at the Albert Fish segment.
Without having heard the show, that is a very strange and upsetting sentence to read. I should probably check it out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Red_Museum
Apr 17, 2011

Shredded Hen

tnimark posted:

Without having heard the show, that is a very strange and upsetting sentence to read. I should probably check it out.

It was just the 5 minute build up to the punchline while the other guests tried not to laugh. It really works better as a video podcast.

hong kong divorce lunch
Sep 20, 2005

Red_Museum posted:

It was just the 5 minute build up to the punchline while the other guests tried not to laugh. It really works better as a video podcast.

God Bless Fred Stoller. He's like a terrified man in a scary movie. He thinks if he doesn't head the laugh off at the pass it will kill him. I think he was a good guest even though he interrupted a little bit. His neurosis is so honest.

Vagithug
Dec 27, 2012

by Ralp

Red_Museum posted:

Really enjoying watching Norm Macdonald's show. I couldn't stop laughing at the Albert Fish segment.

At first I assumed they were feigning ignorance for the sake of the joke, but they really didn't seem to know about him.

Popelmon
Jan 24, 2010

wow
so spin
Huh. Kevin Pereira's Pointless podcast is my new favorite interview podcast. I always liked it but #18 was one of the most interesting podcast episodes I have ever heard.

Greggy
Apr 14, 2007

Hands raw with high fives.
http://www.youtube.com/user/VideoPodcastNetwork
Norm Macdonald is covering the masters for 6 hours (!) today and tomorrow on VPN if anyone is interested in golf at all. I caught a Super Dave call-in and it was pretty entertaining, but golf is just kind of deathly boring to me so I've skipped out. If you like both golf and comedy podcasts though it is probably great for you!

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything
Where has the Crab Feast been all my life? Ryan Sickler has such an infectious laugh and all the yelling off mic puts me in stitches.

Jet Jaguar
Feb 12, 2006

Don't touch my bags if you please, Mr Customs Man.

OK, the Bridgetown Comedy Festival is going to be even more strange than I imagined:

https://twitter.com/WalkingTheRoom/status/323618541846794240

Walking the Room posted:

Gallagher confirmed for the live Bridgetown Comedy Festival podcast in Portland on Saturday. Gallagher. Confirmed.

Also on that show: Todd Glass and Paul Gilmartin

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

There's absolutely no way that's real, but I kind of wish it was real.

I don't have the cash for full Bridgetown tickets this year, but I'm definitely getting a day pass for a 40 Year Old Boy/Walking the Room double-bill.

Asterios
Apr 17, 2008

So long, Skorpex!

https://www.presidentbaby.com
Apparently, Gallagher will be on the final episode of the Paul Goebel Show, recorded live at Bridgetown.

The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

caligulamprey posted:

There's absolutely no way that's real, but I kind of wish it was real.

I am pretty sure that it's real.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Asterios posted:

Apparently, Gallagher will be on the final episode of the Paul Goebel Show, recorded live at Bridgetown.

Hey, maybe he'll walk out like he did on Maron.

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine
Gallagher will be an unfunny racist bigot catastrophe, as he's only capable of as an unfunny, racist, bigoted idiot. On a note that IS funny: Jesus Christ is Norm MacDonald's show fantastic. Every episode has been amazing so far, and I don't know WHY, exactly, but his immense weight gain is just a very inherently funny subject every time it comes up.

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

Apoplexy posted:

Gallagher will be an unfunny racist bigot catastrophe, as he's only capable of as an unfunny, racist, bigoted idiot.

And that's why Walking the Room stunt-casting him into an appearance is going to be so very, very glorious.

My dream is that Todd Glass takes a swing at him.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!

caligulamprey posted:

And that's why Walking the Room stunt-casting him into an appearance is going to be so very, very glorious.

You really think Todd would get a chance before Dave Anthony?

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

Ches Neckbeard posted:

You really think Todd would get a chance before Dave Anthony?
Dave just immediately runs to Twitter to block Gallagher. Todd will preface the beating for 10 minutes explaining why he's administrating said beating, plug a few dates and then while punching Gallagher out, makes sure to give you ample time to look at his bitchin' tattoo while the punch is in motion.

Greg is, of course, checking his hair in a hand mirror he keeps on his person at all times and doesn't notice a God drat thing.

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007

-Atom- posted:

Where has the Crab Feast been all my life? Ryan Sickler has such an infectious laugh and all the yelling off mic puts me in stitches.

It's definitely one I listen to every week. The amount of weird stories they both have is unreal.

SoupyTwist
Feb 20, 2008
Man, Judge John Hodgman has got to get guests who don't bust up laughing at the first chance they get to speak.

King Lou
Jun 3, 2004
They say the fittest shall survive, yet the unfit may live

I thought Alton Brown was an awesome guest judge. He was brutal on that turd eating guy.

Conduit for Sale!
Apr 17, 2007

I hope all his friends hear the episode and call him Turdfruit from now on.

Binowru
Feb 15, 2007

I never set out to be weird. It was always other people who called me weird.
Man, I think I'm about ready to give up on Sklarbro Country/County. Same jokes over and over, unfunny characters (except for James Adomian), and Dan Van Kirk is painfully unfunny. I'm torn about this, as this is a podcast I've listened to from the start, and I still love the Sklars as comedians. I just wish their podcast was, I dunno, better.

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost

Binowru posted:

Man, I think I'm about ready to give up on Sklarbro Country/County. Same jokes over and over, unfunny characters (except for James Adomian), and Dan Van Kirk is painfully unfunny. I'm torn about this, as this is a podcast I've listened to from the start, and I still love the Sklars as comedians. I just wish their podcast was, I dunno, better.

I concur. Maybe they are just doing too many and if they got rid of County it would be better.

toanoradian
May 31, 2011

The happiest waffligator
Guys, another chapter of the Dead Authors Podcast had been produced, in which H. G. Wells interviewed this mysterious author named 'Agatha Christie'.

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

wrong thread sorry

Moo Cowabunga fucked around with this message at 11:20 on Apr 17, 2013

WoG
Jul 13, 2004

NotWearingPants posted:

I concur. Maybe they are just doing too many and if they got rid of County it would be better.

Yeah, when they went to twice weekly, that show (country+county) dropped immediately to depends-on-the-guest status for me, and even then, I shut it off when they get to the character piece at the end (Jesse Thorn fantasy bits excepted).

Seconding the comment that Norm MacDonald Live is great (at least the first 3, I'm one behind). His delivery just loving kills me, every time.

wa27
Jan 15, 2007

The last episode of Norm's show was great. I'm still not sure how I feel about Adam Eget. I guess he's supposed to be the straight man, but I'm not sure he does it very well. At least Norm does most of the talking in the interviews though.

Reformed Pissboy
Nov 6, 2003

toanoradian posted:

Guys, another chapter of the Dead Authors Podcast had been produced, in which H. G. Wells interviewed this mysterious author named 'Agatha Christie'.

This episode was really good. Lots of laughs without being crazy (as fun as that can be) and she did a great job of establishing her character.

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine

WoG posted:

Yeah, when they went to twice weekly, that show (country+county) dropped immediately to depends-on-the-guest status for me, and even then, I shut it off when they get to the character piece at the end (Jesse Thorn fantasy bits excepted).

Seconding the comment that Norm MacDonald Live is great (at least the first 3, I'm one behind). His delivery just loving kills me, every time.

That Albert Fish. What a JERK!

Glug_Glug
Feb 17, 2011

Apoplexy posted:

On a note that IS funny: Jesus Christ is Norm MacDonald's show fantastic. Every episode has been amazing so far, and I don't know WHY, exactly, but his immense weight gain is just a very inherently funny subject every time it comes up.

I mostly agree. I thought the Fred Stoller episode was a bit weaker then the other ones, but the show as a whole is really starting strong. Adam is growing on me as well. He's just so horrible at this that it almost becomes charming. Almost.

Conduit for Sale!
Apr 17, 2007

toanoradian posted:

Preview for the next episode as well: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eSCxfiKu9rs

I hope we get the Joseph Campbell episode soon...

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

wa27 posted:

The last episode of Norm's show was great. I'm still not sure how I feel about Adam Eget. I guess he's supposed to be the straight man, but I'm not sure he does it very well. At least Norm does most of the talking in the interviews though.

They need to lose that rear end in a top hat JERK.

WerthersWay
Jul 21, 2009

Binowru posted:

I've been skipping County unless the guest is really good.

DJ Dougpound quit The Champs. Scared how the show will be without his drops or innocent questions amongst the talking of his more boisterous co-hosts.

Piquai Souban
Mar 21, 2007

Manque du respect: toujours.
Triple bas cinq: toujours.

Mordecai Sanchez posted:

DJ Dougpound quit The Champs. Scared how the show will be without his drops or innocent questions amongst the talking of his more boisterous co-hosts.

He was often the one guy with the most relateable POV. And even though I didn't like the drops at first, they grew on me in a big way. Will miss Doug, but glad that the show will go on - this is one of my top podcasts.

Piquai Souban
Mar 21, 2007

Manque du respect: toujours.
Triple bas cinq: toujours.
That said, the last two episodes of The Champs have been a bit closer to straightforward interviews than the usual exploration of weird race and sex and showbiz topics. Wonder if that is deliberate or a function of the guests.

Asterios
Apr 17, 2008

So long, Skorpex!

https://www.presidentbaby.com

caligulamprey posted:

I think every comedian who's booked Gallagher at Bridgetown is gonna try and make news with him. There's a lot of attention to gain if Gallagher does something crazy on your podcast or show, and nothing to lose, as you'll never look like a bigger rear end in a top hat than a homophobic racist.

If Paul Goebel gets to him first, he may split Bridgetown entirely halfway through the taping.

escape artist
Sep 24, 2005

Slow train coming
gently caress. It's been too long. Time for me to listen to the WTF episode with Gallagher.

The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

escape artist posted:

gently caress. It's been too long. Time for me to listen to the WTF episode with Gallagher.

Aw, c'mon escape artist!

escape artist
Sep 24, 2005

Slow train coming

The Berzerker posted:

Aw, c'mon escape artist!

I just listened to it and I gotta say... it was pretty disappointing. I love Marc, but Marc seemed to ambush Gallagher and then Marc proceeded to act like a petulant child. They were having a really good conversation before it took that odd turn. I mean, both Marc and Gallagher were being narrow-minded, but what was really offensive about Gallagher was the fact that he said he was just telling "jokes he'd heard on the street". It was the content that was offensive-- it was the laziness.

Gallagher's dig about comedians being too autobiographical was stupid, but hey, that's why he's not popular anymore.

I don't know. It wasn't at all what I was expecting. I gotta say I'm more disappointed in Marc than anyone.

Note: I'm queer and liberal, if that matters at all. Maybe give this post some context.

http://www.thestranger.com/seattle/gallagher-is-a-paranoid-right-wing-watermelon-smashing-maniac/Content?oid=4357855

This article sheds a little more light on it, but I still don't think Marc did a very good job of broaching the subject.

escape artist fucked around with this message at 11:33 on Apr 19, 2013

wafflesnsegways
Jan 12, 2008
And that's why I was forced to surgically attach your hands to your face.
I dunno, I think for most of the running time, Maron was pretty respectful of someone who seems to have problems. Somewhere around the time Gallagher claimed that he got screwed out of Ninja Turtles, you start to realize that this guy is unhinged.

And he was pushing back on Gallagher not just for saying he was telling "street jokes," but refusing to own up to the homophobic things he said on stage.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

All time great YMIW today. Nate Bargatze was so goddamn funny.

• Locked thread