Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Neo Rasa posted:

What's the movie where a white guy and black guy hit each other on the freeway, they both are late to stuff because of it and then spend the movie trying to screw each other over? Early 2000s.

Changing Lanes with Ben Affleck and Samuel L Jackson

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Skunkduster
Jul 15, 2005

I'm looking for a movie poster from the late 80s or early 90s. I'm pretty sure it was for a vampire movie. The poster was all white except for a woman's eyes and mouth (I believe with fangs showing) in a style similar to Patrick Nagel's paintings. Very similar to this huge picture, but reversed so she's looking to the right. I was thinking it was 976-Evil, but GIS isn't turning anything up.

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:

oldpainless posted:

Changing Lanes with Ben Affleck and Samuel L Jackson

That's it thanks! :)

SkunkDuster posted:

I'm looking for a movie poster from the late 80s or early 90s. I'm pretty sure it was for a vampire movie. The poster was all white except for a woman's eyes and mouth (I believe with fangs showing) in a style similar to Patrick Nagel's paintings. Very similar to this huge picture, but reversed so she's looking to the right. I was thinking it was 976-Evil, but GIS isn't turning anything up.

It's Innocent Blood from 1992, starring La Femme Nikita Herself!

MachineryNoise
Jan 13, 2008

So I shout "Set your life on fire!"

SkunkDuster posted:

Fright Night Part II?
http://www.joblo.com/movie-posters/fright-night-ii

Skunkduster
Jul 15, 2005

That's the one, thanks!

DNS
Mar 11, 2009

by Smythe
I saw a scene from a movie and it's killing me trying to remember what it was. It's a 90s comedy. The scene is outdoors, I think around some school buses, and an attractive blonde woman (possibly a school teacher) screams at a couple of middle school aged boys and tells them off in an obscene fashion. I keep thinking it's from a Sandler movie but I think it might just be a Sandler-type movie. I thought I originally saw it in one of those youtube supercut vids but I watched a bunch and didn't see it. Can anyone help me out?

Boz0r
Sep 7, 2006
The Rocketship in action.

Yeah, that's the one. Thanks.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

DNS posted:

I saw a scene from a movie and it's killing me trying to remember what it was. It's a 90s comedy. The scene is outdoors, I think around some school buses, and an attractive blonde woman (possibly a school teacher) screams at a couple of middle school aged boys and tells them off in an obscene fashion. I keep thinking it's from a Sandler movie but I think it might just be a Sandler-type movie. I thought I originally saw it in one of those youtube supercut vids but I watched a bunch and didn't see it. Can anyone help me out?

Some of the details are off but is it Tommy Boy?

DNS
Mar 11, 2009

by Smythe

Opopanax posted:

Some of the details are off but is it Tommy Boy?

Ahh poo poo, it totally is. I must've mentally conflated it with Billy Madison, when I should've been thinking Farley. Thanks a lot. I love the look on Julie Warner's face when she delivers that line.

donquixotic
May 1, 2007
A film that takes place after a Navy ship had sunk and the sailors are adrift. There is a scene where one of them goes nuts after drinking sea water and he claims that the water is better the further down you go so he swims deep and gets a mouth full of water and spits it into other sailors mouths for them to drink. I'm certain this isn't from the last 20 years.

IoT
Dec 21, 2006

This is the dawning of the age of Aquarius
My google fu has failed me.

Crime boss has been embezzled by a crooked accountant who has been put in Witness Protection with his wife. Crime boss sends a group of thugs to find accountant and retrieve money. Lots of action with hitmen, meth cookers and a corrupt sheriff. Crooked accountant holed up in house near the end where it turns out one of the crew after the accountant is actually the crime boss. Crime boss non fatally shoots accountant to persuade him to tell him where the money is and is given a storage unit key. Shortly after wounded accountant retrieves money from an old dog kennel outside his house.

I thought Kevin Spacey was the accountant but wikipedia seems to suggest it was not.

Mouser..
Apr 1, 2010

donquixotic posted:

A film that takes place after a Navy ship had sunk and the sailors are adrift. There is a scene where one of them goes nuts after drinking sea water and he claims that the water is better the further down you go so he swims deep and gets a mouth full of water and spits it into other sailors mouths for them to drink. I'm certain this isn't from the last 20 years.

Sounds like the story of the USS Indianapolis. There's a TV movie called Mission of the Shark starring Stacy Keach. Might be what you are looking for.

Mouser.. fucked around with this message at 02:44 on Apr 8, 2013

donquixotic
May 1, 2007

Mouser.. posted:

Sounds like the story of the USS Indianapolis. There's a TV movie called Mission of the Shark starring Stacy Keach. Might be what you are looking for.

I figured it might be a little older than that but that's more than likely it, thanks.

Max Awfuls
Sep 10, 2011
A few years ago I caught a french film on european television, it's probably from the late 90's or early 00's, and it's about a man having an affair with a younger woman. The key thing here is that the whole film is shot from the man's POV. I've tried to come up with it by looking for films shot entirely from the first person perspective, but I still haven't been able to find out what it was.

Sir Nose
Mar 28, 2009

Spanish language film that hit the art-house circuit in the late 70s or early 80s, about a matriarch and her relationship with her gay son and his boyfriend. Got some press for the unusual (for the time and country of origin) subject matter, but I remember it being rather toothless... genial, but bland. Lots of annoying Jess Franco (RIP) style zoom-ins. Title may have been similar to "Dona Flor and her Two Husbands"... "Mama so-and-so and her Two Sons" or something like that.

Captain Equinox
Sep 15, 2005

By day a mild-mannered college professor, by night Kiki, go-go dancer at the Pussycat Club. But twice a year, he's... CAPTAIN EQUINOX!

Sir Nose posted:

Spanish language film that hit the art-house circuit in the late 70s or early 80s, about a matriarch and her relationship with her gay son and his boyfriend. Got some press for the unusual (for the time and country of origin) subject matter, but I remember it being rather toothless... genial, but bland. Lots of annoying Jess Franco (RIP) style zoom-ins. Title may have been similar to "Dona Flor and her Two Husbands"... "Mama so-and-so and her Two Sons" or something like that.

Just a shot in the dark, could it be Y Tu Mama Tambien?
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0245574

wyoming
Jun 7, 2010

Like a television
tuned to a dead channel.
I honestly have no context for this, just something I remembered seeing as a kid. A guy in a suit purposely runs over a kid with his car, he then gets out of his car and wipes the blood off his bumper with a handkerchief.

Price Check
Oct 9, 2012

wyoming posted:

I honestly have no context for this, just something I remembered seeing as a kid. A guy in a suit purposely runs over a kid with his car, he then gets out of his car and wipes the blood off his bumper with a handkerchief.

Could it be the original Death Race 2000?

Sir Nose
Mar 28, 2009

Captain Equinox posted:

Just a shot in the dark, could it be Y Tu Mama Tambien?
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0245574

Naw, too recent. I saw it in the theater when I was in high school, early 1980s.

I am old.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Price Check posted:

Could it be the original Death Race 2000?

No, nobody stops to do that in Death Race 2000.

Mind Loving Owl
Sep 5, 2012

The regeneration is failing! Hooooo...

Plastic Mick posted:

Here's a relatively difficult one.

I saw this twice as a kid, once in school and once on ABC (the Australian ABC).
I watched it in the early-mid 90s, but in retrospect it could have been made in the 80s.
It was one of those moral education videos about CFCs and the Greenhouse Effect.

Pretty boring, but here's the kicker.
The main character is a totally rad kid with a time-travelling hoverboard and a pet turtle.
He came from a future where the greenhouse effect and rampant use of spray cans and refrigerators meant that it was always humid and stormy.
There's also a middle-class, wasteful family involved.
They learn the evils of chlorofluorocarbons and climate change [until they forget, and Al Gore reminds them in the next millennium, evidently].

My memory of this is immensely hazy, and I can't remember if it was Australian or American made.
Nobody I know seems to remember it and I'm desperate to prove that it exists.
That kid was so rad.

Can't help you except let you know that you're not hallucinating and this is real. Watched it in school years ago. Also he was trying to tell Einstein but then of course learn't it just takes normal people blah blah blah.

wyoming
Jun 7, 2010

Like a television
tuned to a dead channel.

Jedit posted:

No, nobody stops to do that in Death Race 2000.

Yeah, this took place in suburbia, sometime in the 1980s I'd imagine.

Arturo Ui
Apr 14, 2005

Forums Bosch Expert

Sir Nose posted:

This? http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0089048/

girth brooks part 2
Sep 6, 2011

Bush did 911
Fun Shoe
I've been trying to remember the name of this for a while. I'm pretty sure it has the name Wolfe in the title, but every time I search for it all I get is Platoon so I could be wrong. It was a pulpy WWII movie from the 60's or 70's I'd guess, early 80's at the very latest. From what I can remember it followed a German Wehrmacht soldier on the Russian front. The majority of the plot revolved around the main character finding a Russian boy and taking him back to camp to take care of him. The officers find out about it and want him to execute the boy, but he helps the boy escape instead. In the end they either get over run by the Russians, or the officers send him out to get killed, I can't remember which. I do remember it had some really stylish slow-mo shots that I thought were pretty impressive considering when it was made.

EDIT:\/\/\/ Bingo. Thank you.

girth brooks part 2 fucked around with this message at 10:51 on Apr 12, 2013

Schweinhund
Oct 23, 2004

:derp:   :kayak:                                     
Cross of Iron

Sir Nose
Mar 28, 2009

This is it, thank you!

Andy Cancer
Jul 31, 2006
the possibilities are endless!
Back in the late 90's, I remember watching some movie on HBO. We are at a club or bar and this girl gets into a fight with her boyfriend and he storms off and then she turns to a drug dealer and says something to the effect of "Give me something that will give my unborn children gills."

I've used that saying in life before and people always give me the strangest looks and when I say it's from a movie but don't know the name I look like the biggest rear end in a top hat.

Andy Cancer fucked around with this message at 20:47 on Apr 12, 2013

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming

Andy Cancer posted:

Back in the late 90's, I remember watching some movie on HBO. We are at a club or bar and this girl gets into a fight with her boyfriend and he storms off and then she turns to a drug dealer and says something to the effect of "Give me something that will give my unborn children gills."

I've used that saying in life before and people always give me the strangest looks and when I say it's from a movie but don't know the name I look like the biggest rear end in a top hat.

Party Girl.

quote:

I would like a nice, powerful, mind-altering substance. Preferably one that will make my unborn children grow gills.

Plastic Mick
Feb 12, 2013

Stuck in the 80s

Mind Loving Owl posted:

Can't help you except let you know that you're not hallucinating and this is real. Watched it in school years ago. Also he was trying to tell Einstein but then of course learn't it just takes normal people blah blah blah.

Oh hell yes. You're the first person in well over a decade that has had any idea what I was talking about. :dance:

Can you remember anything else like what year you saw it, producer details, or anything else that can help me find this?

Plastic Mick fucked around with this message at 14:07 on Apr 13, 2013

Mind Loving Owl
Sep 5, 2012

The regeneration is failing! Hooooo...
Sorry, I can't remember too much of it, I spent most of the thing making fun of the stupid. I think it might've been part of a series.

regulargonzalez
Aug 18, 2006
UNGH LET ME LICK THOSE BOOTS DADDY HULU ;-* ;-* ;-* YES YES GIVE ME ALL THE CORPORATE CUMMIES :shepspends: :shepspends: :shepspends: ADBLOCK USERS DESERVE THE DEATH PENALTY, DON'T THEY DADDY?
WHEN THE RICH GET RICHER I GET HORNIER :a2m::a2m::a2m::a2m:

An adult is applying for a job at a company and during the interview his 'permanent record' from grade school (where he was sent to the principal's office for shooting spit balls or something) disqualifies him from the job.

Glass Joe
Mar 9, 2007

regulargonzalez posted:

An adult is applying for a job at a company and during the interview his 'permanent record' from grade school (where he was sent to the principal's office for shooting spit balls or something) disqualifies him from the job.

This was a skit on The State in the mid-90s

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

This one's probably really well-known and I'm just blanking, I saw the first 20 minutes or so of it on TCM or something a few years ago:

The movie starts at a line of 11 makeshift graves during a war, I'm pretty sure it was WWII, with a voiceover of one man from the group talking about how their group of 12 prisoners of war were so close knit and how he misses all of them - x the baker, y the carpenter, etc. After that it moved to the guys immediately after the escape and the different ways they went in a kind of Great Escape-style thing as more and more of them were caught by Nazi forces.

regulargonzalez
Aug 18, 2006
UNGH LET ME LICK THOSE BOOTS DADDY HULU ;-* ;-* ;-* YES YES GIVE ME ALL THE CORPORATE CUMMIES :shepspends: :shepspends: :shepspends: ADBLOCK USERS DESERVE THE DEATH PENALTY, DON'T THEY DADDY?
WHEN THE RICH GET RICHER I GET HORNIER :a2m::a2m::a2m::a2m:

Glass Joe posted:

This was a skit on The State in the mid-90s

Thanks, though oddly I don't think I've ever seen this show.

buildmorefarms
Aug 13, 2004

любоваться
Doctor Rope
Looking for a movie - I think it's pretty old (80s-90s - face-on-the-milk-carton esque)

Usual (identical) twins story, they happen upon one-another years down the line and proceed to try to find out what happened to separate them.

From memory, they were separated after their mother crashed their car on a bridge. One of the twins falls into the river below and the mother goes to try and save her (and succeeds), but then gets into trouble herself. Meanwhile a passer-by ... passes by ... and saves the girl in the river, but instead of saving the mother too she kills her (with a hefty tree branch) and goes on to raise the little girl as her own but you only find this out at the end of the movie.

I know a bit more about the story but I'm hoping the above is unique enough!

safe harbor
Jul 18, 2004
EMO AS FUCK
I'm looking for an early to mid-80s Alien ripoff. Crew of a spaceship get killed off by something that looks like an alien snail. Alien kills most of the crew when the last two members learn that the alien was just scared and the alien helps them patch up their ship using telepathy to hand them tools. The first half felt dark and scary and when the alien was killing there was Damien type chanting.

Reginaldavid
Sep 30, 2006
beautiful cretin
safe harbor: that sounds like Star Crystal. It definitely has the "he was just scared" twist and the alien helping with telepathy. Looks like you can find the whole thing on Youtube, too.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
There was a horror movie where a group of teens or young adults go to a haunted house built on an Indian burial ground. The Asian couple gets killed in a crypt. The jocks get killed by two women who do a dance. The psychic woman didn't get killed but somehow she pushes a lipstick tube through her chest. The only survivors are a white female and a black male who somehow manage to get over the locked gate.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Night of the Demons.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TTBF
Sep 14, 2005

When you got to the part about the crypt I was thinking it was probably 1988's Night of the Demons, but the mention of the famous lipstick scene makes it 100% certain.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XKzuj2eavtU

e: and of course beaten because I felt the need to get the trailer.

e2: Not to be confused with 1980's Night of the Demon (singular)

TTBF fucked around with this message at 08:02 on Apr 15, 2013