Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
AngryCaterpillar
Feb 1, 2007

I DREW THIS

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

Uhh.. I'll try that but why? Is it just an oversight?

I don't know, it's weird. All I know is that it works.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
Is there a military base there maybe? Or a bunch of consulates?

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

Eurogamer gives Fire Emblem a glowing review. I have a big backlog to get through before touching this game, but I most certainly will let it skip the line in two months or so.

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

greatn posted:

I've never been there but I thought Alberta is like the middle of nowhere?

Turns out you can set the region to anywhere in Canada and it should work, not just Alberta, but the taxes are slightly lower there. This is good news because 3DS prepaid cards are much harder to find/more expensive than PSN or XBLA ones. Now I need a new memory card.

Saoshyant posted:

Eurogamer gives Fire Emblem a glowing review. I have a big backlog to get through before touching this game, but I most certainly will let it skip the line in two months or so.

Fire Emblem is a good game! You should probably play it.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

I've never been there but I thought Alberta is like the middle of nowhere?

Turns out you can set the region to anywhere in Canada and it should work, not just Alberta, but the taxes are slightly lower there. This is good news because 3DS prepaid cards are much harder to find/more expensive than PSN or XBLA ones. Now I need a new memory card.

Fire Emblem is a good game! You should probably play it.

Don't any eShop cards work? My Gamestop always has plenty, with both the 3DS and WiiU logos on them.

SassyRobot
Jan 19, 2007

ANGRY WASHING duh-duh duh-duh duh-DUH!

irlZaphod posted:

You only got a German manual? Usually they're in multiple languages here, since the carts use whichever language the console is set to.

If the manual contained english as well the box would explode :gonk:!

I always thought that the DS switching the cartridge's language automatically (when available) was a cute feature. The Game Gear did something similar by detecting the hardware's region, I think. Anyhow, before the DS-talk stops, here's two of them there PAL Club Nintendo codes if anyone wants them. I don't know why one is longer than the other but you'd drat well better make up something nice about Last Window for the survey :mad:.

Last Window: sk6aq2jqqsz3wcnv

Tingle's Rosy Rupeeland: cw020q1z8d4gjkd (says it expired in 2011 but)

Do all North American 3DS games come with registration codes? It'd be impressive considering how spotty codes used to be with the DS... but then you'd have to admit to playing Funky Barn and Monster Hunter on the same system... :3:

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

SassyRobot posted:

Do all North American 3DS games come with registration codes? It'd be impressive considering how spotty codes used to be with the DS... but then you'd have to admit to playing Funky Barn and Monster Hunter on the same system... :3:

It's not 100% but it seems to be growing.

Blaisedell
May 7, 2008

SassyRobot posted:

Last Window: sk6aq2jqqsz3wcnv

Tingle's Rosy Rupeeland: cw020q1z8d4gjkd (says it expired in 2011 but)

I registered the Last Window code, made up some nice stuff, thanks :)

Couldn't get the Tingle's one to work, maybe because it expired.

SereneCrimson
Oct 10, 2007

I am the morning sun, come to vanquish this horrible night!

greatn posted:

Alberta has the oil sands, where a lot of people from all over go to work. It actually makes a lot of sense. I lived up in fort McMurray for a year, and people from practically everywhere would move up there.

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE
Looks like there'll be a Nintendo Direct for the US and Europe this Wednesday. US at 7 am PT/10 am ET and UK at 3pm UK time. Or 14:00 GMT globally for both.

MykonosFan
Sep 9, 2012

Hows my homies training
going? Whaa? Hey! What
are you doing Ronald?

A new Neentendo Dierect is coming to us Wednesday.

http://www.nintendo.co.uk/Misc-/Nintendo-Direct/Latest-Nintendo-Direct/Nintendo-Direct-698557.html

Supposedly confirmed by NOA too. Now if we could get another Wii U Direct...

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
It's a midnight Japanese announcement on the 18th. The same day a new Pokemon Movie trailer with Mewthree Mewtwo's Awakened Forme and Sylveon is expected to be released. Perhaps we'll get some new XY information.

E: They're still promoting a Black/White movie set to release mid July, so a lot of announcements are timed around when they reveal things there.

Dehry fucked around with this message at 17:27 on Apr 15, 2013

jtm33
Mar 23, 2010
Midnight on the 18th.

What I think:

Expected
- Pokemon XY
- Animal Crossing
- Fire Emblem stuff

Maybe
- Etrian Odyssey 4 release date

Hopeful
- Shin Megami Tensei 4 announcement
- SMT Soul Hackers announcement
- more Japanese localisation

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Is there a thread for friend codes or should we post them here?

I'm Toonces
2723-9060-9970

Come play Mario Kart with me!

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE

Inzombiac posted:

Well, I bookmarked a friend codes spreadsheet of resident goons. I think the thread dedicated to that is somewhere near.

Palmtree Panic
Jul 28, 2007

He has no style, he has no grace

SassyRobot posted:

Until the 3DS, only Nintendo published games came with Club Nintendo codes, but now 3rd parties can opt in too. Not all of them though. For some reason, big releases like Metal Gear Solid 3 didn't have a code, but garbage like The Croods did.

Ohtsam
Feb 5, 2010

Not this shit again.
All games downloaded from the eShop have surveys.

Kiwillian
Mar 13, 2004

Poor Sheepy :(

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

NISA's only publishing EO4 at the moment, they don't have any sort of long-term deal to publish Atlus games in Europe (although they've said they want one).

NISA published P4G in PAL-land on the Vita too.

I've been looking to upgrade to a XL, so I may have to look into importing a US one now as well. This discussion of importing was handy! :)

Aerofallosov
Oct 3, 2007

Friend to Fishes. Just keep swimming.
I'm totally willing to help people get American eShop cards or whatever. I've sent plenty of cords and what have you to friends abroad. ... now I wonder if the post office thinks I'm running a pokemon smuggling ring or something ...

Arthe Xavier
Apr 22, 2007

Artificial Stupidity

Saoshyant posted:

I have a huge backlog of games as well, but I'm still going to buy it day one. In fact, I'm probably going to forget about my backlog for a while and just focus on Fire Emblem. That's how much I'm anticipating this game.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Level-5 confirmed the Guild01 sales will be happening on the NA eShop, too, and they're teasing a Guild02 reveal, which I suppose will happen on this week's Nintendo Direct. I'm ready.

PaletteSwappedNinja fucked around with this message at 00:11 on Apr 16, 2013

a crisp refreshing Moxie
May 2, 2007

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

Level-5 confirmed the Guild01 sales will be happening on the NA eShop, too, and they're teasing a Build02 reveal, which I suppose will happen on this week's Nintendo Direct. I'm ready.

So in light of this I'm eyeing Liberation Maiden and Crimson Shroud, but do you guys feel I'll get $5 worth of enjoyment out of each of them?

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

fount of knowledge posted:

So in light of this I'm eyeing Liberation Maiden and Crimson Shroud, but do you guys feel I'll get $5 worth of enjoyment out of each of them?

Can't vouch for Crimson Shroud, but Liberation Maiden is a ridiculously fun game that you can finish in an hour / hour and a half commute. If you liked Star Fox and KI: U, this is right up your alley.

Laser Spider
Jan 28, 2009

Inzombiac posted:

I'm Toonces
2723-9060-9970

Come play Mario Kart with me!

You want this one. It's also the Swapnote thread.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

fount of knowledge posted:

Liberation Maiden is short, has no leaderboards and uses a lefty-unfriendly stylus-based control scheme, but if you like shooting games and aren't bothered by those things you'll probably dig it. (I don't think the rest of this thread was quite as pleased with it as I was...)

Crimson Shroud plays more like a visual novel with the occasional battle than an RPG proper, but it's good fun if you don't mind all the text, or the fact that your dudes are little figurines that don't animate. (This one definitely seemed like the most popular of the three Guild01 games, but there's a "puzzle" early on in the game that infuriated a lot of people and turned them off completely, so I suggest you just look up the "solution" before you even start.)

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Wait: Liberation Maiden is considered lefty-unfriendly? I'm lefty and I totally kick that game's rear end. The controls are super easy to get a hold of.

AngryCaterpillar
Feb 1, 2007

I DREW THIS

Kiwillian posted:

NISA published P4G in PAL-land on the Vita too.

I've been looking to upgrade to a XL, so I may have to look into importing a US one now as well. This discussion of importing was handy! :)

Just remember that you wouldn't be able to transfer your purchases from a PAL region unit. Although the NA Club Nintendo does give out free smaller games every month

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
I think this UK retailer may have jumped the gun on a Nintendo Direct announcement...

http://shopto.net/video%20games/3ds/3DSHW49-animal-crossing-limited-edition-console-bundle

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022
Soul Hackers is getting released today. From what I see on the eShop, it's not a midnight release apparently?

Artix
Apr 26, 2010

He's finally back,
to kick some tail!
And this time,
he's goin' to jail!
I've checked it a couple times, but I don't see it yet. If it's not up by 12:30, I'm going to bed and I'll check in the morning.

Kiwillian
Mar 13, 2004

Poor Sheepy :(

AngryCaterpillar posted:

Just remember that you wouldn't be able to transfer your purchases from a PAL region unit. Although the NA Club Nintendo does give out free smaller games every month

I only have 2 eShop games and 4 carts, so it doesn't really matter. I wouldn't bother at all except for this sudden influx of JRPGs and I can't stand the tiny, tiny screen on the thing after using the Vita and spotting someone with a XL at the bus stop one day (first time I have EVER seen anyone with any DS) which made me notice how much bigger the screens were. The top one looked about the same size as the Vita screen.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

Sigh. The Twitter for Namco Bandai Spain confirmed that the Limited Edition of Project X Zone (with the artbook and soundtrack CD) is entirely NA exclusive. Why? Who knows? The game's not even being translated into any other language but English.

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Hopefully they aren't doing with soul hackers what sonic all stars racing transformed did. They released the game in physical form a month before the eshop iirc.

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

The dock really fucks a case or nerfing it.

Whats a Soul Hackers and how do you play it? I tried to look it upo but just confused myself more, I got a description of many demons but nothing about what type of game it even is.

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Bombadilillo posted:

Whats a Soul Hackers and how do you play it? I tried to look it upo but just confused myself more, I got a description of many demons but nothing about what type of game it even is.

It's an SMT game from the Sega Saturn era that was never released in the US. First person dungeon crawls with a team of characters using demons to fight an even bigger demon or the end of the world.

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

I'm going to be really mad if the Animal Crossing XL bundle comes out in the states. I assumed we would never get it because it being Animal Crossing and all why would a bundle even come out here.

But I should have figured if the Fire Emblem and Pikachu 3DS' came out why wouldn't this one.

Guess I could sell the XL I just bought and upgrade up to the AC one.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Please, Nintendo of America. Bring on the Shin Megami Tensei 4 XL bundle!

Paper_Masochist
Oct 21, 2008
Yeah I'm done, selling my Australian 3DS and importing one from America. I could handle waiting 3 or so months for fun games but EO 4, Harvest Moon and Rune Factory still not having release dates is loving crazy. What's the best way to import an American 3DS XL if I don't care about special editions?

Edit: Thanks Saoshyant

Paper_Masochist fucked around with this message at 13:18 on Apr 16, 2013

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

Paper_Masochist posted:

What's the best way to import an American 3DS XL if I don't care about special editions?

VGP.ca. They have four 3DS models and two XL.

EU/OZ is not getting the new Harvest Moon. EO4 is releasing on Summer. RF4, who knows?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

The human animal is a beautiful and terrible creature, capable of limitless compassion and unfathomable cruelty.

Dehry posted:

It's an SMT game from the Sega Saturn era that was never released in the US. First person dungeon crawls with a team of characters using demons to fight an even bigger demon or the end of the world.

So a turn-based combat sort of thing?

• Locked thread