Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sidesaddle Cavalry
Mar 15, 2013

Oh Boy Desert Map
Anyone else!? Oh god I'm so lost, I might just end up accidentally clicking for Lolicon. Which wouldn't necessarily be a bad thing.

Any thoughts on Royale or any of the people who frequent BGs? If we spread votes everywhere it seems kind of like pissing in the wind. Not that my questions are worth much either, I play The Exiled Realm of Daily Quests.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KaneTW
Dec 2, 2011

I reallllllllllllly don't care. If you feel like someone's good vote for them and post it, but for what's it worth everyone running in N/S Shara is white noise.

Phosphia
Jan 29, 2013

Oh you.. :>
Does nobody want to trade votes with the Knightkings?

GabbiLB
Jul 14, 2004

~toot~
I think everyone stopped caring about vanarchy(among other things to stop caring about).

KaneTW
Dec 2, 2011

Phosphia posted:

Does nobody want to trade votes with the Knightkings?

That would imply me giving a poo poo about trading votes when we're getting 1st place without even trying.

E: that came out more abrasive than I intended. I blame pugs.

KaneTW fucked around with this message at 02:05 on Apr 14, 2013

Mewnie
Apr 2, 2011

clean dogge
is a
happy dogge

TheRationalRedditor posted:

No attack speed %? Condolences.

Well, as a Sorc, atk speed isn't quite as useful (since we already got an 80% atk speed buff)- one atk speed is good if you want a pretty optimal rotation and only elin really get the most out of double atk speed min/max autism spec.

Otherwise, it's better to get that boss/behind/enraged first.

KaneTW posted:

It was manageable and not much slower.

I didn't like the pre-rising enchantment too much- I didn't have a lot of gold and while I can shrug off 10 failures now (since it would only take a week to build up the funds and credits to try another ten) back then ten failures would mean I might as well quit cause the farming required for me was just out of the question.

Mewnie fucked around with this message at 04:29 on Apr 14, 2013

KaneTW
Dec 2, 2011

Mewnie posted:

Well, as a Sorc, atk speed isn't quite as useful (since we already got an 80% atk speed buff)- one atk speed is good if you want a pretty optimal rotation and only elin really get the most out of double atk speed min/max autism spec.

Otherwise, it's better to get that boss/behind/enraged first.

No no no no no. Attack speed is not affected by race. You always want a single attack speed so your out of celerity attacks aren't glacially slow. Get double boss + behind + attack speed and you're fine.

Besides there aren't really any rotations in TERA.

Mewnie
Apr 2, 2011

clean dogge
is a
happy dogge
Well, I'd read some sorc sperging (gotta find the link now, augh)

It basically came out to an animation advantage elin have over other races where they could squeeze a few more spells into a celerity rotation. The amount of trouble needed to do so doesn't seem worth it, IMHO.

FWIW, I have a 9% atk speed on my disc.

TheRationalRedditor
Jul 17, 2000

WHO ABUSED HIM. WHO ABUSED THE BOY.
Just as in wow, animating faster is just one of those things that's always undeniably better than any available alternatives.

KaneTW
Dec 2, 2011

Mewnie posted:

Well, I'd read some sorc sperging (gotta find the link now, augh)

It basically came out to an animation advantage elin have over other races where they could squeeze a few more spells into a celerity rotation. The amount of trouble needed to do so doesn't seem worth it, IMHO.

FWIW, I have a 9% atk speed on my disc.

That seems very weird considering all animation speeds are normalized between races. Anyway, it doesn't matter if you can squeeze a few more spells in unless it's a 3rd Fireblast, which just won't happen due to cooldowns.

Leviabeetus
Feb 14, 2010
I've been playing a sorcerer for about a year now and this is the first time I've heard such a thing. I'm thinking it's the same as the elin lancer's reach being slightly longer or their hitboxes being smaller, just a rumor that may have been true at one time but was later fixed. Or, more likely, just a baseless rumor. Some people feel the need to justify their reason for playing an elin for some odd reason.

cathead
Jan 21, 2004

No I'm pretty sure someone did some actual tests on it. I definitely recall seeing a thread on it at one point, but hell if I could find it now. It still only came out to like one or two extra spells under celerity though.

Also double attack speed is nice in PvP when you want everything casting as fast as possible.

Seemenaked
Nov 19, 2003

...but girls already have a vagina between their legs, so they don't gotta trick anyone...
Why does this game seem so laggy compared to every other game I've played. FoK is especially laggy. Maybe I am just spoiled after playing Defiance but really, if you play any other game the lag is very apparent here.

GabbiLB
Jul 14, 2004

~toot~
Nope~

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
I play from Australia with 200+ ping and never notice any lag. That being said, I'm still level 20-something, so I haven't seen any Nexus stuff.

Pooptimus Prime
Jun 12, 2005

Need I remind you!? The foolish receive no mercy...

Stupid Boob posted:

I've been playing a sorcerer for about a year now and this is the first time I've heard such a thing. I'm thinking it's the same as the elin lancer's reach being slightly longer or their hitboxes being smaller, just a rumor that may have been true at one time but was later fixed. Or, more likely, just a baseless rumor. Some people feel the need to justify their reason for playing an elin for some odd reason.

I have both a high elf male lancer and an elin lancer (different servers), and I do notice differences. The elf can get into block noticeably quicker than my elin, and yes, the elin does seem to have longer reach (because THAT makes sense somehow). When I hop between the two, it takes me a few minutes to get into the correct rhythm of that particular character - my elf can wait until the absolute last minute to pull up a block, but when I use the same timing on the elin, she eats the damage with her face instead of her shield.

As for the reach - just tested:

Starting at 10m, one thrust from the high elf takes me to 8m.
Starting at 10m, one thrust from the elin takes me to 7m.

So that's probably where the discrepancy comes from. The elin's moving a whole meter further with her lance thrust.

Seemenaked posted:

Why does this game seem so laggy compared to every other game I've played. FoK is especially laggy. Maybe I am just spoiled after playing Defiance but really, if you play any other game the lag is very apparent here.

You're not alone, though for me it's ONLY Mount Tyrannas that's super laggy. I'm able to play on TR with absolutely no issues, but MT has me rubberbanding (especially annoying on my archer, charging up a shot and getting into the good damage range only to rubberband back to where I was pre-charge and thus losing the dps boost of being within 10m) or simply just huge waves of lag immobilizing me. It's very frustrating and why I'm barely ever on my MT chars even though I really enjoy their classes.

Given that MT is prone to crashing more than the other servers as well, I'd suspect that it's an issue for more people than just us, too. It seems like it's the only server that hasn't fully recovered from the F2P initial lagfest.

Seemenaked
Nov 19, 2003

...but girls already have a vagina between their legs, so they don't gotta trick anyone...
I notice it the most in FOK and there are some skills like my charge where whenever I pop it I have a chance of either shooting through the mob without doing any damage or rubberbanding and the skill delaying for half a second or so. It doesn't make the game unplayable but since I tank it's annoying being out of place.

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot
Sent in an app.

Khako
Dec 24, 2008

Lee #61
Sent in an app as well

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot
Did I just get a free mount for being in the guild?

KaneTW
Dec 2, 2011

E: i am bad and clicked reply instead of edit

KaneTW fucked around with this message at 09:39 on Apr 16, 2013

KaneTW
Dec 2, 2011

Yes. We're vanarchs, which is basically a silly political thing involving setting and collecting taxes, a free mount, and delicious tears when you turn PvP off in a zone :3:

E: the mount is the fastest mount in the game along with the top 20 BG one

Also, tears from two months ago (new ones incoming saturday)

RPZip
Feb 6, 2009

WORDS IN THE HEART
CANNOT BE TAKEN
I redownloaded this game to give it another try. I ended up getting a little bored with the leveling around launch and stopped at level 57 on my Warrior. So I load up the game and...

:psyduck:

I am so confused. What do these buttons do? I know there were combos and moves that need to be used before other moves, but I have no earthly idea what those combos are. The tooltips are a little helpful, when I can remember the ability names, but I also remember that some of the combos weren't really worth using. Is there an idiot's guide to playing a Warrior that someone has to refresh my memory with, or am I stuck just derping around until it clicks?

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

KaneTW posted:

(new ones incoming saturday)

God I can't wait. Half of my fun in this game has been either sitting in crowded areas with a friend, both of us on horses mashing space over and over again while chuckling like idiots on Skype. The other half is delicious MAH PVPS tears.

HandsomeBen
Nov 23, 2006

There is no greater calling than to serve your fellow men. There is no greater contribution than to help the weak. There is no greater satisfaction than to have done it well
I wish I had known this went f2p months ago. I just found out this past weekend and have been playing for a few days. I loving love Priest healing in this game. I missed my white lion mount.

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer

kirbysuperstar posted:

Half of my fun in this game has been either sitting in crowded areas with a friend, both of us on horses mashing space over and over again while chuckling like idiots on Skype.

A thousand times this.

Also guild dramas, but you kinda stop caring about that after the third guild you join turns out to be creepy.

We just gotta make our own, I think.

Kuvo
Oct 27, 2008

Blame it on the misfortune of your bark!
Fun Shoe
Do we get to choose what region we rule or is it based on total vote count?

Eigo
Mar 21, 2010

Kuvo posted:

Do we get to choose what region we rule or is it based on total vote count?

If I recall, the GM chooses what order they'd want of the provinces and the higher they are, the more priority they get. It's still possible to get your first pick if you come in second if the guy in first doesn't pick it, and so on.

antwann
Jan 21, 2005

KaneTW posted:

(new ones incoming saturday)

I'm very excited for this. At work right now so I can't check it, are we going to end up with Lumbertown again?

Chalupa Picada
Jan 13, 2009

RPZip posted:

I redownloaded this game to give it another try. I ended up getting a little bored with the leveling around launch and stopped at level 57 on my Warrior. So I load up the game and...

:psyduck:

I am so confused. What do these buttons do? I know there were combos and moves that need to be used before other moves, but I have no earthly idea what those combos are. The tooltips are a little helpful, when I can remember the ability names, but I also remember that some of the combos weren't really worth using. Is there an idiot's guide to playing a Warrior that someone has to refresh my memory with, or am I stuck just derping around until it clicks?

If nothing else, you can open up the Chain Skill menu under the Skills menu (k) and manually set up some. Although yeah most of the skills already have existing combos you'd want to use, which the tooltips specify.

Chillyrabbit
Oct 24, 2012

The only sword wielding rabbit on the internet

Ultra Carp
I assumed he meant combos where you speed up, like the lancer combo of 2 shield barrages allows a faster spring attack. But I've only played lancer.

Sidesaddle Cavalry
Mar 15, 2013

Oh Boy Desert Map
http://tera.enmasse.com/game-guide/classes has at least a tiny tiny sampling of stuff like that: see the Vortex Slash requirement one or the Pounce -> Traverse Cut -> Blade Draw thing.

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot
Do alts need to be invited separately? I ask because I just rolled a warrior to try out and I am loving it.

Agrajag fucked around with this message at 17:41 on Apr 16, 2013

RPZip
Feb 6, 2009

WORDS IN THE HEART
CANNOT BE TAKEN

Yasser Arafatwa posted:

If nothing else, you can open up the Chain Skill menu under the Skills menu (k) and manually set up some. Although yeah most of the skills already have existing combos you'd want to use, which the tooltips specify.

Yeah, I'm going to mess with this later. A lot of it is just muscle memory that's atrophied.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Mordaedil posted:

A thousand times this.

It's so goddamned stupid, but honestly it entertains me a lot. Best animation bug/oversight ever.

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot
In case any of you goons are thinking of trying this game but are on the fence you totally should. The combat really is a lot of fun. Yes, the loli thing is a bit off putting but is not really noticeable.

Also, there does not seem to be any server queuing anymore.

Panic! at Nabisco
Jun 6, 2007

it seemed like a good idea at the time
I got a little burnt out, since I got a priest and sorcerer to the ~25 range and while the priest is moderately fun I feel like neither of them have hit their stride yet, and the local Walmart lied about having a boxed copy so I am without Founder status to power my alt-itis. :downs: I might get back into it at some point, but I was counting on being able to find a cheap boxed copy, since getting all those bank slots and character slots the normal way would be expensive.

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer
This game never really informed me how important enchanting gear would be to having fun. I don't think this thread did either.

I hit around level 40 on my slayer and noticed leveling got really slow and playing got kinda bothersome.

Then someone in my new guild decided to inform me about "how to really play the game". So, according to her, I should make sure I have the latest epic gear for my level, make sure it is enchantable and at least bring everything up to +6, while using the stuff I find on quests as fodder to make my epics more powerful.

And it made the game instantly more fun, albeit I made the mistake of reading what my items were and thus have two non-enchantable gears on me, but live and learn.

Also, selling everything on the broker seems like a good idea.

Chalupa Picada
Jan 13, 2009

There's two or three quests you pick up (like around level 20 in Lumbertown/Velika) that handhold you through the process of enchanting by having you buy some alkahest and giving you a bunch of enchanting fodder and an enchantable blue weapon. Then I think in the 40s, maybe once you hit Castanica, you get another where Elleon gives you a bunch of refined alkahest telling you how to get from +7 to +9.

For sure if you're trying to min-max then getting the latest dungeons set of orange drops that have the enchantable prefix and getting each piece to at least +6 is a good idea. Once you hit Cultist's Refuge I think, you start getting a non-enchantable set of orange drops as well. The stats on those are usually about 70-80% of what you get with the enchantable +6 set and aren't going to have as many bonus stats but you can find them for sale on the auction house for a fraction of the price.

For sure using quest rewards and drops you get through the course of the game is the cheapest way to upgrade stuff. With enchanting just remember that as long as it matches the equipment location and item level you can use it as fodder; as in, if it's something you put on your foot, you can use it to upgrade whatever footwear your class has regardless of if ones cloth and the other is leather, etc. Same with weapons, as long as the item level matches it doesn't matter if you're a lancer and using staffs or swords to upgrade it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tensei
Nov 24, 2010

All the 8reaths. All of them.

Mordaedil posted:

This game never really informed me how important enchanting gear would be to having fun. I don't think this thread did either.

I hit around level 40 on my slayer and noticed leveling got really slow and playing got kinda bothersome.

Then someone in my new guild decided to inform me about "how to really play the game". So, according to her, I should make sure I have the latest epic gear for my level, make sure it is enchantable and at least bring everything up to +6, while using the stuff I find on quests as fodder to make my epics more powerful.

And it made the game instantly more fun, albeit I made the mistake of reading what my items were and thus have two non-enchantable gears on me, but live and learn.

Also, selling everything on the broker seems like a good idea.

It depends on how much money you have to blow. If you have a level 60 main and are leveling an alt you can get away with +6ing the best golden weapon you can get every few levels. If it's your first character, though, you should save up your gold because you're gonna need it at 60. Also, run Sigil Adstringo/Ascent of Saravash when you unlock them (level 45/52 respectively iirc) because they drop BoP gear that doesn't have to be enchanted and is better than anything else you can get at that level.

Tensei fucked around with this message at 14:55 on Apr 17, 2013

• Locked thread