Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!
In a massive coincedence my sound system bugged out and gave me the exact same sound error everyones complaining about, and it does indeed own. Mayhaps a bit more than the actual correct audio.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Joramun
Dec 1, 2011

No man has need of candles when the Sun awaits him.

Junkenstein posted:

Season 3 feels like it's rushing through things yet still having nothing much happen at the same time. It's not very good.
I quite like how they're handling Ramsay so far. They've made him less of a cartoon villain like he is in the books. Though it's only been one episode, so there's still ample time to fumble that up.

Dany's scenes were also good this episode, but those were just taken verbatim from the books so they should have just done that with her scenes all along, instead of making up dumb new ones of their own.

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

It's not that kind of test.

:aaa:

SaviourX
Sep 30, 2003

The only true Catwoman is Julie Newmar, Lee Meriwether, or Eartha Kitt.

Actually the episode was pretty legit good until it seemed like some internet douche had inserted some ~local band~ into the end scene, then it became surrealy good.

And for shame, no one mentioned D&D trolling George and playing the game of bones when referencing the old Meereenese Knot.
(And gratuitous and HBO as it was, chicks were hot, mang)

Mnemosyne
Jun 11, 2002

There's no safe way to put a cat in a paper bag!!
Really disappointed by the lack of "Kingthlayer!" and "thapphireth," not just for the hilarity factor, but because when you've got so many characters, it helps to have some obvious distinguishing features like a lisp. It's possible that they tried it out though and it sounded too ridiculous.

I've got the same complaint about the downsizing of the Brotherhood without Banners. It's fine that they downsized, but I don't know why they kept Anguy instead of combining his character with Lem Lemoncloak. It's much easier for the audience to remember "guy who wears a yellow cloak is called Lemoncloak" than Anguy.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc
kingthlayer, you are my captith! is one of my favorite lines out of the book.

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

If you think that, along the way, you're not going to fail... you're blind.

There's no one I've ever met, no matter how successful they are, who hasn't said they had their failures along the way.

I have long wondered if for some reason Lem on The Shield was named in honour of ASoIaF Lem. Someone should ask GRRM.

Whowhatwhere! You live in Albuquerque! Do us this boon, good ser, and the blessings of the Seven upon you.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Mnemosyne posted:

Really disappointed by the lack of "Kingthlayer!" and "thapphireth," not just for the hilarity factor, but because when you've got so many characters, it helps to have some obvious distinguishing features like a lisp. It's possible that they tried it out though and it sounded too ridiculous.

The problem with stuff like Thapphireth is it's easy enough to read on paper but when you say it out loud it just sounds like a load of mush. Nobody would have a clue what the guy was saying. I don't get why they didn't just keep the same character they've got in the show but give him Vargo's name though.

whowhatwhere
Mar 15, 2010

SHINee's back

Blade_of_tyshalle posted:

Whowhatwhere! You live in Albuquerque! Do us this boon, good ser, and the blessings of the Seven upon you.

Sure, I'll ask that when I present him with his "Absolute Fucker" certificate after prattling on about neeps on a breastplate covered in Dany's poo poo.

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

If you think that, along the way, you're not going to fail... you're blind.

There's no one I've ever met, no matter how successful they are, who hasn't said they had their failures along the way.

Incidentally, how's everyone's Gash of Quims writing coming along?

quote:

“You’re that loving Turduckyen bitch I been looking for, aye?” His voice was low and rasping, the voice of a man who had spent his days screaming, drinking, and smoking. He threw her back to the deck and she could see him now. He was tall and wore a tunic and breeches of crushed black velvet. His boots were black leather, up to the knee and doubling back down to mid-calf. An embroidered black cape hung from his left shoulder, the pattern of white thread depicting terrifying sea creatures and maddening symbols which made her eyes itch to look upon. His curly black hair spilled across his shoulders, and his beard jutted out beneath his insane eye, the other covered with a patch of flimsy, beaten leather. Atop his head was a flat, wide-brimmed black hat, from the crown of which poured a tremendous red feather, the only dab of colour upon his person.

“You have me at a disadvantage, sir. You know who I am, but I do not know you.” Demmy put on her haughtiest airs, leading her captor to laughter. He doffed his hat and swept it across his chest as he bowed a deep courtly bow, one leg extended before him.

“I am Sieger of House Gayjoy, whore, and if that means nothing to you, more’s the pity. There are those who poo poo themselves in terror at my merest rumour, men who prefer to die as shark bait than be taken alive by me and mine. I am the Black Wind, I am the Sword of the Mourning Sea. To say I am Death incarnate is to be far too modest.

“Listen well, Princess, for you belong to me now. Tell me of the things you care about most so I may take them from you.”

Oh poo poo! :ohdear:

ThaGhettoJew
Jul 4, 2003

The world is a ghetto
This interview recently popped up in a GBS YouTube thread:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sxFUBzZC-m8

It largely revolves around Gurmy's health and the future of the series.

Mnemosyne
Jun 11, 2002

There's no safe way to put a cat in a paper bag!!

Rarity posted:

The problem with stuff like Thapphireth is it's easy enough to read on paper but when you say it out loud it just sounds like a load of mush. Nobody would have a clue what the guy was saying.

Daffy Duck would like to disagree with you.

Bulletproof Tiger
Nov 2, 2010

ThaGhettoJew posted:

This interview recently popped up in a GBS YouTube thread:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sxFUBzZC-m8

It largely revolves around Gurmy's health and the future of the series.

Huh, it actually looks like he lost some weight.

MK-Ultramarathon
Aug 12, 2009

So a friend of mine just gave me back my copy of Storm of Swords that she borrowed about a year ago (I considered telling her just to keep it, but I figured she didn't really want it either). As I was trying to cram it back into that weird cardboard sleeve that the cheap four-book set off Amazon came in, I noticed, in addition to the required "American Tolkien" review on the back of A Feast for Crows, there was also this one:

The Milwaukee Journal Sentinel posted:

A once-in-a-generation work of fiction that manages to entertain readers while elevating an entire genre to fine literature.

So I'm assuming this means, instead of all those poor college students being forced to take a course on Ulysses, they can just take one focusing on those Dungeons and Dragons novelizations instead?

Bemis
Jan 5, 2010

Mnemosyne posted:

I've got the same complaint about the downsizing of the Brotherhood without Banners. It's fine that they downsized, but I don't know why they kept Anguy instead of combining his character with Lem Lemoncloak. It's much easier for the audience to remember "guy who wears a yellow cloak is called Lemoncloak" than Anguy.

It wouldve been nice if they had mentioned Anguy won the archery contest at Ned's tourney, or that Thoros and Sandor have fought each other multiple times in melees. As things are they just seem to know each other. I think they've done a good job with Thoros though, he definitely seems like the kind of guy Robert would have gotten along with really well.

I Love Loosies
Jan 4, 2013

Bemis posted:

It wouldve been nice if they had mentioned Anguy won the archery contest at Ned's tourney, or that Thoros and Sandor have fought each other multiple times in melees. As things are they just seem to know each other. I think they've done a good job with Thoros though, he definitely seems like the kind of guy Robert would have gotten along with really well.

In the books he is kind of a killjoy when Arya first meets him, but they seem to but a little bit Tom O'Sevens in him. The reveal that he is actually a Red Priest will maybe shook a few non-book readers.

bigmcgaffney
Apr 19, 2009

Bemis posted:

I think Jaime or someone mentions fighting alongside Thoros in some battle in season 1. Maybe it was sandor. I wonder if they'll do the Red God Revival with Beric. I'm ready for some hot man on man mouth action.

stawk Archer
Jun 19, 2004

by angerbot
Ramsay isn't really that frightening in the TV series. Sometimes a villain is just a villain and there's not much else to him.

dentist toy box
Oct 9, 2012

There's a haint in the foothills of NC; the haint of the #3 chevy. The rich have formed a holy alliance to exorcise it but they'll never fucking catch him.

stawk Archer posted:

Ramsay isn't really that frightening in the TV series. Sometimes a villain is just a villain and there's not much else to him.

I don't think we've seen enough of the guy yet to say that. I mean most people don't even know who the gently caress he is yet.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Ramsay isn't being Ramsay yet, he's being "Reek".
He'll probably not be frightening in an imposing sense, but when he starts torturing Theon for laughs and his sick pleasure, he'll probably be frightening in a this guy is hosed in the head sense

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?
Most depictions I've seen of him look like Nathan Explosion

Vivoviparous
Sep 8, 2011

by Y Kant Ozma Post

Aurain posted:

Ramsay isn't being Ramsay yet, he's being "Reek".
He'll probably not be frightening in an imposing sense, but when he starts torturing Theon for laughs and his sick pleasure, he'll probably be frightening in a this guy is hosed in the head sense

He's played by the dude who played Simon on Misfits, and about half of that guy's character was being a creepy nice guy goon who kills people. The actor is certainly capable of being terrifying.

I have no idea where they're going with his character on the show. It makes absolutely no sense for him to set Theon free, set his own men on him, kill his own men, and then... what? Why? The Bastard Bolton is top dawg of Winterfell already isn't he?

Why do we even need Theon in the show anymore? Couldn't we just have had him pop up for that one scene of torture and then gently caress off until they run out of interesting plots during the adaptation of the fourth book?

And Theon is all miscast. How is that Mick Jagger looking motherfucker supposed to turn into totally rad and humble Reek? I don't see it.

Joramun
Dec 1, 2011

No man has need of candles when the Sun awaits him.
I just realized that Brienne and Jaime's budding, reluctant romance is playing out on-screen exactly like a reverse Beauty and the Beast. :monocle:

I can't wait until they start breaking into song either. The syllables in their names even match the lyrics perfectly.

Barely even friends,
Then somebody bends,
Unexpectedly.

Just a little change,
Small, to say the least.
Both a little scared,
Neither one prepared...
Jaime and Brienne.

(...)

Bittersweet and strange,
Finding you can change,
Learning you were wrong.

Certain as the Sun,
Rising in the east.
Tale as old as time,
Song as old as rhyme...
Jaime and Brienne.

:allears:

Urdnot Fire
Feb 13, 2012

Dude, they already played the appropriate song twice this episode.

Vivoviparous posted:

He's played by the dude who played Simon on Misfits, and about half of that guy's character was being a creepy nice guy goon who kills people. The actor is certainly capable of being terrifying.

I have no idea where they're going with his character on the show. It makes absolutely no sense for him to set Theon free, set his own men on him, kill his own men, and then... what? Why? The Bastard Bolton is top dawg of Winterfell already isn't he?

Why do we even need Theon in the show anymore? Couldn't we just have had him pop up for that one scene of torture and then gently caress off until they run out of interesting plots during the adaptation of the fourth book?

And Theon is all miscast. How is that Mick Jagger looking motherfucker supposed to turn into totally rad and humble Reek? I don't see it.
Ramsay did all that because he's a sadistic little bastard who loves to torture, in this case psychologically. He's giving Theon spots of hope between despair to make the reveal even more crushing, and he gets to kill other people along the way because he likes to do that (the main guy he killed was probably Reek). And I didn't think much of Alfie Allen first season, but boy was he awesome last season. I'm sure he can pull off Reek and the redemption arc just fine.

Also Pod owns, what else is new.

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?

Vivoviparous posted:

I guess it's because we missed out on Ramsay as Reek betraying Theon earlier in the show and they are making up for it now. Plus Ramsay does let Theon and some girl free just so he can hunt them down later. He's all about loving with people and giving them little slivers of false hope, it's not like he's even going to finish the boo-

Wait who am I talking about again?

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Yeah, when I watched the episode last night I just interpreted Ramsay helping Theon out now as him doing the thing he does in ADWD where he lets him escape so he play with him and then he can bring him back in. He could easily pin the murders of the Bolton men on Theon so the Bolton crew are even more pissed off at him, they've shown Theon as a good archer in the show so they could take it in that direction, I suppose.

I think Alfie Allen is a really good Theon and the show runners agreed enough to bring him back for these seasons where he's absent in the books.

Arbite
Nov 4, 2009

Reminder to those who think Ramsay's being too tame: We have 4+ seasons to go of nothing but him slowly torturing and dismembering Theon. He's still at the softening up phase.

Also, next do you think the next removal will be a tooth or a joint?

*edit* vvvv I still think that if that had happened in the books it would have been more explicit. He's not the type to shy away from such details. vvvv

Arbite fucked around with this message at 14:06 on Apr 16, 2013

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
:chef::dong:

That'll be great tv.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Its been not long enough since I last read ADWD, but I recall a lot of the dialogue suggest that Theon has no penis.
You just know for a fact that the stuff about Theon and Ramsay's dogs is going to be in the show at some point.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc
gently caress, I saw Misfits on this page and was hoping someone traveled through time to get them to do a cover song for GOT.

thornghost
Oct 11, 2010

I have a picture of me with GRRM. He looks less than enthused.

Aurain posted:

Its been not long enough since I last read ADWD, but I recall a lot of the dialogue suggest that Theon has no penis.
You just know for a fact that the stuff about Theon and Ramsay's dogs is going to be in the show at some point.

I remember Theon eatin' some pussy, that's what I remember.

Millions
Sep 13, 2007

Do you believe in heroes?

thornghost posted:

I remember Theon eatin' some pussy, that's what I remember.

Theon eats pussy because he doesn't have a weiner, then Jeyne Pool has sex with a dog. Thank you for watching HBO's Emmy Award Winning Game of Thrones based on the best-selling novels by George Raymond Richard Martin.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Vivoviparous posted:

Yeah, anyone who has seen any of the first three series (seasons) of Misfits knows that the guy they got to play Ramsay is the right one. Dude has a way of being very communicative and creepy without saying a word.

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?

Millions posted:

has sex with a dog.

Whaaaaaaaaat :psyboom:

dentist toy box
Oct 9, 2012

There's a haint in the foothills of NC; the haint of the #3 chevy. The rich have formed a holy alliance to exorcise it but they'll never fucking catch him.

Millions posted:

Theon eats pussy because he doesn't have a weiner, then Jeyne Pool has sex with a dog. Thank you for watching HBO's Emmy Award Winning Game of Thrones based on the best-selling novels by George Raymond Richard Martin.

Did I really skim read ADWD this much? I don't remember the dog sex.

In It For The Tank
Feb 17, 2011

But I've yet to figure out a better way to spend my time.
He only threatened her with dog sex.

When Theon tries to free her, she thinks it's a trick and says:

"I'll be good... and do anything with him... or the dog..."

Millions
Sep 13, 2007

Do you believe in heroes?

Jeyne Poole posted:

“No. This is some trick. It’s him, it’s my ... my lord, my sweet lord, he sent you, this is just some test to make sure that I love him. I do, I do, I love him more than anything.” A tear ran down her cheek. “Tell him, you tell him. I’ll do what he wants ... whatever he wants ... with him or ... or with the dog or ... please ... he doesn’t need to cut my feet off, I won’t try to run away, not ever, I’ll give him sons, I swear it, I swear it ...”

I suppose it's just hinted at, but I wouldn't put it past Ramsay or GRRM

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

This is a GRRM book.
She had sex with the dog, and GRRM masturbated while thinking it up.

p.crestmont
Feb 17, 2012

Millions posted:

I suppose it's just hinted at, but I wouldn't put it past Ramsay or GRRM

Yeah he definitely made her screw a dog and had also cut off Theon's dick. When Ramsay tells Theon to warm her up for him Theon goes "My lord, I have no..." and Ramsay is like "I know use your tongue doofus". The American Tolkien.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

emanresu tnuocca
Sep 2, 2011

by Athanatos
There are about a hundred references to Theon "no longer being a man", Ramsey flayed his dick and then had Theon beg him to chop it off, it's pretty blatant.