Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
afen
Sep 23, 2003

nemo saltat sobrius

crumpuppet posted:

I think this will do what you asked for. It starts minimized.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/vpbjvn42rivcnoj/wjlBjHuFil/TimeTitle.exe

AutoIT code:

code:
#include <GUIConstantsEx.au3>

$gui = GUICreate ("TimeTitle", 200, 100)

$btn_exit = GUICtrlCreateButton ("Exit", 110, 60, 60, 25)

GUISetState (@SW_SHOWMINIMIZED)

While 1 = 1
   $curtime = "" & @HOUR & ":" & @MIN & ":" & @SEC

WinSetTitle ($gui, "", $curtime)

For $i = 1 to 10 step 1

$msg = GUIGetMsg ()

Switch $msg
		 Case $GUI_EVENT_CLOSE
			Exit
		 Case $btn_exit
			Exit
	  EndSwitch

Sleep (100)
   Next

WEnd
Do you want anything inside the window, or is it purely for UltraMon to grab the window title? It seems a bit strange to only want the time in the title bar. Unfortunately you have to have the emtpy window somewhere (can be minimized), otherwise the process loses its Window Title.

Keep in mind AutoIT also has the ability to change the title of any other window, given its current title or class name.

Thank you very much! That's exactly what I wanted!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hayden.
Sep 11, 2007

here's a goat on a pig or something

nuvan posted:

Actually, given that he wanted a 24 hour clock, with seconds, the SimpleDateFormat should be "HH:mm:ss"

Woops, I'm dumb. Not sure how I missed that, was in a rush earlier I guess. I updated it to the correct format and mine also starts minimized now since that's a good idea.

http://www.goonreviews.com/GoonClock.jar

pipebomb
May 12, 2001

Dear God, what is it like in your funny little brains?
It must be so boring.
Can someone point me toward a little app I can run via login script that will grab: machine name|logged in user|ram|hdd free|hdd total? I put something together several years ago with vb, wmi and a comma delimited file but I lost both the exe and the code at some point.

crumpuppet
Mar 22, 2007

ROBORT > EVERYTHING

pipebomb posted:

Can someone point me toward a little app I can run via login script that will grab: machine name|logged in user|ram|hdd free|hdd total? I put something together several years ago with vb, wmi and a comma delimited file but I lost both the exe and the code at some point.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/vpbjvn42rivcnoj/t30rMWQ8nZ/diskinfo_to_csv.exe

• checks if "disk.csv" exists in same folder and appends to it
  • if "disk.csv" doesn't exist, it creates it and writes column headers (computername,username,ram,freespace,totalspace)
  • only checks drive C:
  • will fail if it doesn't have write permissions to the current folder
  • will append a new line of data on each execution
  • all figures are in MB

This kind of thing is normally very customized, so let me know if you want anything else added (datestamps, without column headers, etc).

Here is the exact same thing in VBScript (without the column header bits) if the AutoIT exe is too beefy for a cross-network login script.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/vpbjvn42rivcnoj/j0Z3rbDgYw/disk_info_to_csv.vbs

edit: whoa did you change your avatar just now? :)

pipebomb
May 12, 2001

It must be so boring.
I did, indeed!
I'll check it out, thanks much.

crumpuppet posted:

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/vpbjvn42rivcnoj/t30rMWQ8nZ/diskinfo_to_csv.exe

• checks if "disk.csv" exists in same folder and appends to it
  • if "disk.csv" doesn't exist, it creates it and writes column headers (computername,username,ram,freespace,totalspace)
  • only checks drive C:
  • will fail if it doesn't have write permissions to the current folder
  • will append a new line of data on each execution
  • all figures are in MB

This kind of thing is normally very customized, so let me know if you want anything else added (datestamps, without column headers, etc).

Here is the exact same thing in VBScript (without the column header bits) if the AutoIT exe is too beefy for a cross-network login script.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/vpbjvn42rivcnoj/j0Z3rbDgYw/disk_info_to_csv.vbs

edit: whoa did you change your avatar just now? :)

pipebomb
May 12, 2001

It must be so boring.
That's pretty fantastic - thank you. If I wanted to add a network path, I could just add it to outfile, yes?

hayden.
Sep 11, 2007

Here's mine just for the hell of it.

http://www.goonreviews.com/MachineDetails.jar

It only outs the plain CSV, no headers, and it overwrites the old one each time. If you wind up using it and need more like crum's, let me know.

code:
import java.io.File;
import java.io.FileNotFoundException;
import java.io.FileOutputStream;
import java.io.PrintStream;
import java.lang.management.ManagementFactory;
import java.net.UnknownHostException;
import com.sun.management.OperatingSystemMXBean;

public class LoginScript {

public static void main(String[] args) {
		java.net.InetAddress localMachine = null;
		try {
			localMachine = java.net.InetAddress.getLocalHost();
		} catch (UnknownHostException e) {
			e.printStackTrace();
		}

OperatingSystemMXBean mxbean = (OperatingSystemMXBean) ManagementFactory
				.getOperatingSystemMXBean();

String output = "";
		output += localMachine.getHostName() + ",";
		output += System.getProperty("user.name") + ",";
		output += mxbean.getTotalPhysicalMemorySize() + ",";
		output += new File("/").getFreeSpace() + ",";
		output += new File("/").getTotalSpace();

try {
			PrintStream out = new PrintStream(new FileOutputStream(
					"machinedetails.csv"));
			out.println(output);
		} catch (FileNotFoundException e) {
			e.printStackTrace();
		}

}
}

crumpuppet
Mar 22, 2007

ROBORT > EVERYTHING

pipebomb posted:

That's pretty fantastic - thank you. If I wanted to add a network path, I could just add it to outfile, yes?

Sweet :)

Yep you can enter any path, be it the whole UNC network address or a mapped network drive. Just include the file name at the end.

outfile = "\\server\share\disk.csv"

or

outfile = "Z:\disk.csv"

pipebomb
May 12, 2001

It must be so boring.
Thanks Hayden, but Crumpuppets is just right. Crum, can I shoot you a few bucks for your time?

crumpuppet
Mar 22, 2007

ROBORT > EVERYTHING

pipebomb posted:

Thanks Hayden, but Crumpuppets is just right. Crum, can I shoot you a few bucks for your time?

Thanks but it's alright. I already use basically exactly that script at work so I had it locked and loaded.

hayden.
Sep 11, 2007

Can someone make a small app that sits in my task tray and wiggles my cursor 1 pixel every 60 seconds, fast enough that it doesn't appear to move at all? To prevent my retarded group policy from locking me out from idle every 2 minutes.

Hibame
Feb 20, 2008

hayden. posted:

Can someone make a small app that sits in my task tray and wiggles my cursor 1 pixel every 60 seconds, fast enough that it doesn't appear to move at all? To prevent my retarded group policy from locking me out from idle every 2 minutes.

Something like that already exists. http://mousejiggler.codeplex.com

Moey
Oct 22, 2010

I LIKE TO MOVE IT

Hibame posted:

Something like that already exists. http://mousejiggler.codeplex.com

I have used this before when monitoring some longer running tasks.

http://m.download.cnet.com/Caffeine/3000-2094_4-10914397.html

Boatfort
Dec 22, 2012
Is there by chance an application for iPhone that has the capability of powering down/locking the phone without using the power button on top? My button is broken, so I have no way of locking/turning off my phone. Please let me know if anyone knows about this. Thank you!

Doctor w-rw-rw-
Jun 24, 2008

Boatfort posted:

Is there by chance an application for iPhone that has the capability of powering down/locking the phone without using the power button on top? My button is broken, so I have no way of locking/turning off my phone. Please let me know if anyone knows about this. Thank you!

No and Apple would not allow one to go on the app store. Maybe if you jailbroke? If the button is broken see if an Apple store will fix it maybe.

However, at least for locking, you can use this: http://www.simonblog.com/2011/11/06/iphone-home-button-not-working-assistive-touch-can-be-the-workaround/

Boatfort
Dec 22, 2012

Doctor w-rw-rw- posted:

No and Apple would not allow one to go on the app store. Maybe if you jailbroke? If the button is broken see if an Apple store will fix it maybe.

However, at least for locking, you can use this: http://www.simonblog.com/2011/11/06/iphone-home-button-not-working-assistive-touch-can-be-the-workaround/

Thank you! That will work just fine until I get a chance to get my phone fixed. Hopefully it's still under some kind of warranty.

Gothmog1065
May 14, 2009
I have a friend looking to hire someone for a project for an App on IOS/Android. They haven't given many details to me directly, probably keeping their cards hidden until they hire a programmer. He says it's not huge, but pretty straight forward. There is a set price for this, looking to have it done in twoish weeks. If you're interested, send me an email or PM me with any project examples I can give them that you've done.

If you're hired, you'll get half of the payment up front and half upon completion.

Edit: This job has been completed.

Gothmog1065 fucked around with this message at 14:29 on Apr 10, 2013

pipebomb
May 12, 2001

It must be so boring.
How hard would it be to create a (jailbroken obviously) app that would clear all iOS Notifications and default them to 'off' or 'none'? Sick of seeing crap pop up and badges everywhere...but its such a pain to manage dozens of apps at once.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

A hopefully easy request, based on new info from the internet necromancy thread where SA goon Runcible Cat managed to partially resurrect waffleimages (by modifying your hosts file to point img.waffleimages.com to 46.59.2.17, a partial waffleimages mirror), I'd like a browser plugin (I don't really care for which browser) that will automatically download or cache photos that are loaded, but only from a specific domain. Alternatively, a plugin that would just alert me to the fact that the page I'm on has waffleimages-hosted content, with said content highlighted or attention brought to it if possible. I'd like to basically spend a few days just browsing the comedy goldmine and sucking up the good content that's barely clinging to life before it disappears for good.

Sebbe
Feb 29, 2004

univbee posted:

A hopefully easy request, based on new info from the internet necromancy thread where SA goon Runcible Cat managed to partially resurrect waffleimages (by modifying your hosts file to point img.waffleimages.com to 46.59.2.17, a partial waffleimages mirror), I'd like a browser plugin (I don't really care for which browser) that will automatically download or cache photos that are loaded, but only from a specific domain. Alternatively, a plugin that would just alert me to the fact that the page I'm on has waffleimages-hosted content, with said content highlighted or attention brought to it if possible. I'd like to basically spend a few days just browsing the comedy goldmine and sucking up the good content that's barely clinging to life before it disappears for good.

Here's a simple little userscript that highlights WaffleImages images with an orange border: http://userscripts.org/scripts/show/160820

If you're on Chrome, it'll run in Tampermonkey. If you're on Firefox, it'll probably run in Greasemonkey.

pipes!
Jul 10, 2001
Nap Ghost
I was wondering if it's possible to alter my .bash_profile to have the prompt display a special character when I'm in a specific directory or it's child subdirectories. Something that would look like:

user@host ★ favorites/foo/bar $
user@host ♬ music/ $
user@host ✎ documents/foo $

etc.

ToxicFrog
Apr 26, 2008

pipes! posted:

I was wondering if it's possible to alter my .bash_profile to have the prompt display a special character when I'm in a specific directory or it's child subdirectories. Something that would look like:

user@host ★ favorites/foo/bar $
user@host ♬ music/ $
user@host ✎ documents/foo $

etc.

Totally. You can embed $(...) sequences in your $PS1 and they'll be executed when the prompt is displayed, so you can do something like this:

code:
ben@thoth:/tmp$ echo $PS1
\[\e]0;\u@\h: \w\a\]\u@\h:\w\$
ben@thoth:/tmp$ function __ps1_diricon() { [[ -f .diricon ]] && echo -n " $(cat .diricon) " || echo -n ":"; }
ben@thoth:/tmp$ export PS1='\[\e]0;\u@\h: \w\a\]\u@\h$(__ps1_diricon)\w\$ '
ben@thoth:/tmp$ echo -n '&#9836;' > .diricon
ben@thoth &#9836; /tmp$ echo -n '&#9731;' > .diricon
ben@thoth &#9731; /tmp$ rm .diricon
ben@thoth:/tmp$ 
This version won't work in subdirectories, but I'm writing up a longer one that will.

E: here you go:

code:
function __ps1_diricon() {
  local dir="$PWD";
  while [[ "$dir" != "/" ]]; do
    [[ -f "$dir/.diricon" ]] && {
      echo -n " $(cat "$dir/.diricon") "  # output .diricon contents padded with spaces
      return
    }
    dir="$(dirname $dir)"
  done
  echo -n ":"  # output default ":"
}

export PS1='\[\e]0;\u@\h: \w\a\]\u@\h$(__ps1_diricon)\w\$ '
Put that in your .profile (or .bash_profile if you use that instead and you should be good to go. It'll look for a ".diricon" file and use the contents of that, surrounded by spaces, as the icon for that directory and all subdirectories. If there's no .diricon it'll default to ":".

If you want to change the prompt, just change the value of $PS1, but this should match the example you gave.

ToxicFrog fucked around with this message at 01:38 on Apr 10, 2013

Dicky B
Mar 23, 2004

code:
function dir_symbol
{
	case $(pwd) in
		/home/username/favorites*) echo -e '\xe2\x98\x85 ';;
		/home/username/music*) echo -e '\xe2\x99\xac ';;
		/home/username/documents*) echo -e '\xe2\x9c\x8e ';;
	esac
}
PS1='\u@\h $(dir_symbol)\w \$ '
edit: beaten by seconds :argh:

pipes!
Jul 10, 2001
Nap Ghost

Wow, I wasn't expecting answers this fast! Thanks for these, it's exactly what I was trying to do, but didn't know the terms I could google for. I'm trying to mash Terminal into something I would consider usable, and it's definitely been an uphill battle.

Minimalist Program
Aug 14, 2010
Hi everyone,

I hope someone here can help me; I'm a PhD student doing research in social robotics and philosophy of dialogical competency, and as part of one my pursuits, I'm constructing a small'ish robot with a virtual face to use as a conceptual hat-rack/theoretical sounding board, to test out some concepts and ideas and to - eventually, next year - use in some field tests and empirical/behavioural studies.

I've been animating the face in flash and using a Lilliput 8 inch touch screen as the LCD with a body shell built around, but it's a big too big for what I would prefer.

I'm looking to migrate my stuff into a new platform that will allow me to use an android phone/tablet as a face instead, but the problem is that I have absolutely ze-ro idea how to go about android app development.

Here's what I need (and which I hope to God somebody here could help me with)

Basically the app would simply need to listen for a PC command containing a movie filename such as "Happy1" and then immediately play that animation on the phone (which would act as a face).

An early example of one of the basic animations can be seen here: [video]

It SEEMS like it would be a simple enough job to have the screen be an "idle.swf" animation until the call comes from the control pc to play a given animation .swf... But I have never, ever developed anything for android and time is sort-of-kind-of of the essence, here, since my grant funding and research proposal says I'm supposed to be spending most of my time doing philosophy and all this cerebral, thinky-writey stuff and not sit around playing with flash and cellphones...

My budget is academic (read: nearly non-existent), but if somebody could help me out (I figure for an adept developer, this should take little more than a couple of hours to rig up, I literally just need a way to connect to my phone from my pc and send .swf-numbers to the phone and have them displayed), I am sure I could dig out a (very) modest compensation from my stipend. If the app turns out usable for my purposes, you would of course receive credit where credit is due in my final dissertation as well.

e: There's no point in making this harder than it needs to be. I really just need an app that will read a list of .swf files from a folder on the phone and display idle.swf in full screen until a tcp/ip or udp or whatever-call comes through wifi (the phone should act as a server) to play another filename, after which the app resumes idle.swf. That's pretty much it.

Minimalist Program fucked around with this message at 22:11 on Nov 16, 2014

Not Wolverine
Jul 1, 2007
I am interested in a timer to help me with workout intervals. Sometimes I want to work for 30 seconds, rest for 30 seconds, or work 20 sec, rest 10 seconds, or just about any other combination of times you can think of. One particular interval I want to try is jumping jacks for 10 sec, rest 10, jump 20, rest 20, jump 30, rest 30, jump 20, rest 20, jump 10, rest 10 and repeat over and over again.

I want it to read time intervals from a text file, and having some sort of label would also be great. So an interval might be labeled "Jumping jacks" "Jump 10, Rest 10, Jump 20, etc" or some other easy to edit format. I would like to have multiple interval sets in one file and choose which one I want to use when I load the app. Because I want to use this for exercise, I would like a nice huge display, preferably a full screen digital clock. I would also like to have a sound play at the end of each interval, perhaps a wav/mp3 of a whistle or alarming noise.

A bonus feature would be to have the option for the timer to either count up or count down. Like I could have the first interval count down from 10, then the rest count up from 0, this wouldn't really benefit me in any way but I think it would be neat to have and probably not too difficult to add this feature. For a better idea of what I want, online-stopwatch.com actually fits my needs quite well. Except I don't want to have to rely on an internet connection, and I have to open my browser (after making sure my internet is working), load the website, choose the type of timer, tell it go to full screen. . . I assume a tiny custom app could shave a few clicks off the process.

I hope to use this app on my netbook running Xubuntu, I might be tempted to load this app on my Windows based PC. I imagine this might be an ambitious goal, but I would really like to be able to use this app on my android phone or tablet. Is this app too complex for this thread or not?

epswing
Nov 4, 2003

Soiled Meat
You had me until

Colonel Sanders posted:

netbook running Xubuntu

benitocereno
Apr 14, 2005

Doctor Rope

epalm posted:

You had me until Xubuntu

I use Xubuntu on a netbook for XBMC music playback for drum practice because it's useless for anything else (Windows 7 'starter' came on it), so the Colonel isn't completely nuts.

Colonel, I won't go all YLLS on you here, but look for 'multireps' on Android. It won't let you use a text file but it works well and just go do some exercises ;). You're not going to get Xubuntu+Android unless someone makes you something really specific or a web app; you're best just sticking to Android offerings if that's your ecosystem imo.

Not Wolverine
Jul 1, 2007
Epalm - I *think* my netbook might run just a little faster with Xubuntu instead of Windows Starter, it feels faster to me. I am also doing it to get an Xubuntu experience, but the point of this is really not to debate my choice of operating system, unless you feel it is just really that much more difficult to make an app for Linux? I was hoping someone could hammer out an application in Java (Linux + Windows easy, right?) for cross platform.

Benito - I will look into multireps for Android, thanks! But that still leaves me wanting an app I can use on my laptop (and with text files. . . 'cause unless the UI is extremely easy to use, I feel this is the easiest way to program or adjust my intervals) simply because I can get a larger display (10" netbook vs 7" tablet), and the laptop's display stands on its own instead of having to prop up my tablet precariously.

Corla Plankun
May 8, 2007

improve the lives of everyone
I wish I wasn't in the middle of the last semester of my academic career right now because it would be pretty easy to whip up a ruby script that does exactly what you're asking for in Linux.

If you have ever been even remotely interested in programming you could easily use this as a "my first Ruby script" with a very small amount of time invested. If you're still looking for such a thing in a month, PM me!

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

If you have a Windows Mobile 6.x phone or PDA, I wrote almost exactly this a while ago! Otherwise I'll try so code something up, but no promises, as I'm now also taking 4 online courses which are starting to kick my rear end.

greazeball
Feb 4, 2003

I would like to request a browser plugin (I prefer Chrome but Firefox would also be OK) that can generate vocabulary lists easily when you are reading websites in a foreign language. Personally I want to use it to learn German, but I think it should be usable for studying any language.

Basic user experience:
  1. When you start a new article/page, you right-click and select “Create new word list from this page,” this creates a new document with the title and url of the page the words are going to be taken from
  2. As you come across a word you don't know, you highlight it, right-click, and select “Add to word list and define”
  3. The plugin opens your default dictionary/translator site in a new tab where it has already searched for the term or phrase you selected
  4. You highlight the definition, right-click, and select “Add to definition for...” and then the words you added in step 2 appear so you just choose which word to add the definition to
  5. You save/export a tab-separated list of words and definitions when you are finished

More concept details:
  • The word list
    • This is the one part I'm not sure about. Is it easier to generate a .txt file or to just build the file in the plugin and export the data?
    • I'd like the list to be tab-separated to make it easy to import the items into a spreadsheet or turn them into Anki cards (flashcard software) for practice.
    • The user should be able to choose how to organize their lists: whether to create a new list for each article they read, a new list per day, or just one giant list.
    • The user should be able to import word lists for editing in the plugin (so they can type up a list of vocab from class and then attach definitions easily).
  • Setting the default dictionary and auto-search
    • In the plugin setup, the user will be requested to choose a default dictionary.
    • The user will be instructed to search for the word “example” in their dictionary, and to paste the url of the definition for “example” in a box.
      • http://www.dict.cc/?s=example
      • http://dict.leo.org/#/search=example&searchLoc=0&resultOrder=basic&multiwordShowSingle=on
      • http://www.macmillandictionary.com/dictionary/british/example
      • http://oald8.oxfordlearnersdictionaries.com/dictionary/example
    • The plugin will find the word “example” in the url, and generate another url substituting “confirm” for “example”
    • The user will be instructed to confirm the tool has made the substitution correctly by clicking this new url which should take them to the definition of “confirm”
      • http://www.dict.cc/?s=confirm
      • http://dict.leo.org/#/search=confirm&searchLoc=0&resultOrder=basic&multiwordShowSingle=on
      • http://www.macmillandictionary.com/dictionary/british/confirm
      • http://oald8.oxfordlearnersdictionaries.com/dictionary/example
    • Eventually I'd like to expand this to be able to handle multiple-word queries like “look up” or “no way” (different sites use different methods of handling multi-word entries)
      • http://www.dict.cc/?s=look+up
      • http://dict.leo.org/#/search=look%20up&searchLoc=0&resultOrder=basic&multiwordShowSingle=on
      • http://www.macmillandictionary.com/dictionary/british/look-up
      • http://oald8.oxfordlearnersdictionaries.com/dictionary/look+up#look_1__159
  • More about the user experience
    • The main goal behind the plugin is to let people focus on reading articles now and check or practice vocabulary based on that article later
    • I'd like the definition window to open in a new tab behind the current window so that the reader isn't automatically distracted from the text
    • I'd also like it to be possible to add multiple words to the list before defining them, and I'd like it to be possible to attach multiple definitions to a word list item or edit them.

Similar tools:
  • Google dictionary (Chrome plugin): double-click and a definition pops up. Pros: easy to get a very basic translation. Cons: you can't set the dictionary or save the words.
  • Vocabulary highlighter (Firefox add-on): creates a list of your current vocabulary items and highlights them on web pages you browse; hovering over highlighted words shows the user-entered definition. Pros: easy to add items to the list, you can easily edit and export the list, you can import lists. Cons: you have to find and enter the definitions manually, seems like all the words will eventually be highlighted.

I don't have anything material to offer in exchange, but I am an ESL teacher and I think there would be a strong demand for a tool like this so I thought I'd see if anybody wanted to try this out. I realize this is not that tiny, so if anyone could direct me to other tools that do this or has ideas about a better place to ask or how to get it done please send them on. Thanks!

greazeball fucked around with this message at 10:58 on Apr 19, 2013

Bobbin Threadbear
May 6, 2007

I'll take a try at it, if no one else is working on it. Shouldn't be too hard, it'll be a few days though, busy with neuroscience courses.

greazeball
Feb 4, 2003

Bobbin Threadbear posted:

I'll take a try at it, if no one else is working on it. Shouldn't be too hard, it'll be a few days though, busy with neuroscience courses.

That would be awesome! Any help at all is very appreciated!

Rz666
Jan 31, 2013
Hey everyone, made this for someone in another thread, thought it might be useful in this thread as well.
Copy of my post:

EAT THE EGGS RICOLA posted:

Help me.

How the heck do I set numlock to on and make it so that nothing can disable it in Win 7. An old Access 2000 (lol) application keeps turning it off and HELP THIS IS AFFECTING PRODUCTION.

http://www.rnjcraft.com/downloads/NumOn.exe

You can put it in your startup folder so it will enable every time you reboot/relogin.

How to use:
Start NumOn.exe (in case you've put it in your startup folder this will be done automatically).
By default the monitor starts disabled the first time. To switch the monitor on, go to your icon in the taskbar and select Switch monitor ON

If you want to regain control for cases you would like to disable numlock. You can disable it by doing the same thing.
NumOn will save it's active state on shutdown so if you have it always enabled it will start enabled next time you start NumOn.

Yesh I was bored. Have fun with it.

greazeball
Feb 4, 2003

Bobbin Threadbear posted:

I know it's very bad form to make amendments, but I promise this is the only one and I'm editing it in to the original post (under The word list).

• The user should be able to import word lists for editing in the plugin (so they can type up a list of vocab from class and then attach definitions easily).

Thanks again for taking a look at this!

Bobbin Threadbear
May 6, 2007

greazeball posted:

Thanks again for taking a look at this!

I should have something ready for you tomorrow or day after.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

What would be the best programming languages to learn that essentially lets you do Windows commands (like command prompt stuff) with a GUI interface/buttons etc.? I think I get enough inspiration to whip up small programs that I can probably stop bugging this thread every few months.

In any case, frustration with my Playstation 3's download speeds is leading me to take action. Basically downloads go through a particular URL which resolves to different servers based on where you are. It's very similar to Steam in that different servers can get hammered at different times. I've reached a point where I have the PS3 going through a proxy on one of my PCs which I can then force-redirect to the server of my choosing. The "best" server changes all the time, so what I basically want is a program that'll do cyclical ping tests on a list of IP addresses and essentially display whichever one is the "best" one at that point in time. Stressed out servers get pings close to 1000ms every third or fourth ping. Bonus points if it can edit the Windows HOSTS file on the fly.

Thermopyle
Jul 1, 2003

...the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt. —Bertrand Russell

univbee posted:

What would be the best programming languages to learn that essentially lets you do Windows commands (like command prompt stuff) with a GUI interface/buttons etc.?

I'm not sure I understand this question, but if my guess about what you're asking is correct, you want AutoIT.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Or Powershell, it's basically the native Windows substitute for Perl as a glue language, and has access to tons of useful .net stuff.

• Locked thread