Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TheGreatGildersneeze
Feb 24, 2001
My passive aggressive shilling for Microsoft has gone beyond weird obsession levels. I have no attachment to reality outside of my feelings for a plastic box. I should shut my fat fucking mouth and stop trying to do PR for a billion dollar corp

Heresiarch posted:

Please tell me that this game is "ironically" terrible and not a serious product. Please.
Did you know there's a big, well-funded market with a massive talent pool for AAA quality Christian-themed video games?

...what do you mean "making poo poo up?" These are clearly real hot games, here! Just look at Catechumen!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

furry drum circle
Aug 7, 2007

Dear... God...
Yeah I thought I was getting ripped off and was ready to file a paypal dispute, but it takes 2-3 days before they manually approve the order and send you an email with download codes :psyduck:

Dana Crysalis
Jun 27, 2007
the title-less

TheGreatGildersneeze posted:

Did you know there's a big, well-funded market with a massive talent pool for AAA quality Christian-themed video games?

...what do you mean "making poo poo up?" These are clearly real hot games, here! Just look at Catechumen!

As a person who was in game evaluation for a publisher (the job being 'play games by other people and see if they were worth getting the rights to for redistribution'), I can safely say that most of these Christian-themed games are abominations. I had to play the first Left Behind game. :(

TheGreatGildersneeze
Feb 24, 2001
My passive aggressive shilling for Microsoft has gone beyond weird obsession levels. I have no attachment to reality outside of my feelings for a plastic box. I should shut my fat fucking mouth and stop trying to do PR for a billion dollar corp

furry drum circle posted:

Yeah I thought I was getting ripped off and was ready to file a paypal dispute, but it takes 2-3 days before they manually approve the order and send you an email with download codes :psyduck:
That's because patience is a virtue, peaches! Direct download purchase turnaround times of a minute or less are instant gratification, which is the Devil's province.

Shabadu
Jul 18, 2003

rain dance

After seeing the Zoo Race, I really want to see a You Testament speedrun.

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe
Now we just need someone to do a speedrun of this game: http://www.somethingawful.com/d/game-reviews/lifes-battle.php

The actual game is still available through archive.org here http://web.archive.org/web/19991013053644/http://hummersoftware.com/freeware.html

Heresiarch
Oct 6, 2005

Literature is not exhaustible, for the sufficient and simple reason that no single book is. A book is not an isolated being: it is a relationship, an axis of innumerable relationships.

Dana Crysalis posted:

As a person who was in game evaluation for a publisher (the job being 'play games by other people and see if they were worth getting the rights to for redistribution'), I can safely say that most of these Christian-themed games are abominations. I had to play the first Left Behind game. :(

Was that the one that was an RTS where you end up killing huge hordes of unbelievers?

Lord Chumley
May 14, 2007

Embrace your destiny.
P_ just got the WR on The Zoo Race!

Dr. Stab
Sep 12, 2010
👨🏻‍⚕️🩺🔪🙀😱🙀

Lord Chumley posted:

P_ just got the WR on The Zoo Race!

You say that as if someone else had the WR previously.

Lord Chumley
May 14, 2007

Embrace your destiny.

Dr. Stab posted:

You say that as if someone else had the WR previously.

Man why can't you be excited for The Zoo Race. :(

Dr. Stab
Sep 12, 2010
👨🏻‍⚕️🩺🔪🙀😱🙀

Install Gentoo posted:

Now we just need someone to do a speedrun of this game: http://www.somethingawful.com/d/game-reviews/lifes-battle.php

The actual game is still available through archive.org here http://web.archive.org/web/19991013053644/http://hummersoftware.com/freeware.html

I would do this if I could run it on my computer. Windows 95 compatibility mode doesn't work.

Lord Chumley posted:

Man why can't you be excited for The Zoo Race. :(

I am super hype for the zoo race. Don't get me wrong. It's just that when someone "gets the WR" I feel like it means that they got it back from someone else.

e:vvvv Okay that makes sense. Thanks for clearing that up.

Dr. Stab fucked around with this message at 01:54 on Apr 16, 2013

Shabadu
Jul 18, 2003

rain dance

He received that WR from God Himself with that Golden Moses.

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

Dr. Stab posted:

I would do this if I could run it on my computer. Windows 95 compatibility mode doesn't work.

It's a fully DOS game, it should run OK in DosBOX.

It also ran OK in Windows 95/98, but that's because they had full DOS mode built-in, so on a modern PC it should just be extracted and run in DosBOX.

Shabadu
Jul 18, 2003

rain dance

Sub 14 Zoo Race!

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
...so Catechumen has a NG+ mode. Thanks, Dave.

edit: Apparently, thanks Michael, not Dave.

Dana Crysalis
Jun 27, 2007
the title-less

Heresiarch posted:

Was that the one that was an RTS where you end up killing huge hordes of unbelievers?

Yeah, the RTS. THEY MADE SEQUELS TO IT. WHY. I'll just be over here sobbing in the corner.

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

L :dva: L

Shabadu posted:

After seeing the Zoo Race, I really want to see a HARD TIME speedrun.

When does TYT end anyways? I've never seen the ending. I do know that HARD TIME has an ending and it's pretty hilarious what happens to some of the other inmates. I don't want to spoil it but I do hope Peaches_ plays it someday, it's a hot game.

Suspicious Dish
Sep 24, 2011

2020 is the year of linux on the desktop, bro
Fun Shoe
So, Peaches, do you have a VOD of the developer room from Catchumen? I'd really like to see that.

Violen
Jul 25, 2009

ohoho~
In this video, Cosmo does not learn how to bob-omb hover.

furry drum circle
Aug 7, 2007

Dear... God...

Suspicious Dish posted:

So, Peaches, do you have a VOD of the developer room from Catchumen? I'd really like to see that.

Looks like it should be right around the 3 hour mark of here. Unfortunately it keeps freezing for some reason so I can't get an exact time, but that's the end of the impossible run where I get to the Hall of Fame. It's my first time in a lot of the bonus rooms so I accidentally trigger the credits like 6 times so get ready to skip some chunks.

pksage
Jul 2, 2009

You are an experience!
Make sure you're a good experience.

Oh my god, this video is one of the funniest speedrun montages I have ever seen. Some of these approach Jiano's "UH OHHHHH" in hilarity.

Suspicious Dish
Sep 24, 2011

2020 is the year of linux on the desktop, bro
Fun Shoe

furry drum circle posted:

Looks like it should be right around the 3 hour mark of here. Unfortunately it keeps freezing for some reason so I can't get an exact time, but that's the end of the impossible run where I get to the Hall of Fame. It's my first time in a lot of the bonus rooms so I accidentally trigger the credits like 6 times so get ready to skip some chunks.

Unfortunately, it seems to get for me as well :(

BlueArmyMan
Mar 30, 2007
Hooloovoo
Andrewg is having fun dicking around with SMB 1. Think zipping through blocks, doing the infinite 1-ups on Koopas, that sort of thing.

http://www.twitch.tv/andrewg1990

dj_de
Jul 24, 2003

Huhhhhh?

Shabadu posted:

Sub 14 Zoo Race!
Is there a link for this? I saw the first sub 15 record but I somehow missed this one

KennyMan666
May 27, 2010

The Saga

Finally, I got a new any% Ufouria run I'm reasonably satisfied with - 37:40, meaning a full four minute improvement on my run from 2005. I can maybe push that by another fifteen or so seconds given a few missed jumps in this run, but I'm encoding it and will look over it and decide if I want to try again a bit before submitting. But I really only wanted to do a new any% run to get rid of my old lovely run on SDA, the category I really want to pour my effort into is 100%. Going to try to get a run of that recorded in due time so that I can submit both at the same time.

And then get back to recording Bionic Commando Rearmed any% and 100% attempts.

Studio
Jan 15, 2008

I don't care for Idolmaster, but 0xwas just sang on stream and I dunno man, it's blowing my mind. I'm currently stuck in the :allears: position

Zeether
Aug 26, 2011

Peaches just got a new any% record in Blast Corps.

luigimeister
Feb 28, 2012

Managed to get a 2:45:57 in Secret of Mana. The game got super broken last weekend and the run is like 20 minutes shorter now. You skip every palace after Flammie and go straight to fighting the bosses in the Grand Palace.

luigimeister fucked around with this message at 23:22 on Apr 18, 2013

heehee
Sep 5, 2012

haha wow i cant believe how lucky we got to win :D

luigimeister posted:

Managed to get a 2:45:57 in Secret of Mana. The game got super broken last weekend and the run is like 20 minutes shorter now. You skip every palace after Flammie and go straight to fighting the bosses in the Grand Palace.

Is sub 2:30 possible? How much time realistically can you save on your 2:45:57?

Duncan Sperguson
Apr 21, 2010

Cereth got a new WR in ffx NTSC by....6 seconds. In a 10 hour 40 odd minute single session run. I wonder if that even feels good. Better than 6 seconds slow I guess.

luigimeister
Feb 28, 2012

heeheex2 posted:

Is sub 2:30 possible? How much time realistically can you save on your 2:45:57?

Ehhhh probably not unless new skips get discovered. I think the lowest I could maybe get is a 2:35:XX or something. My last run was pretty drat good except for two or three bosses.

Karsh
Dec 22, 2004

this is my destiny
Plaster Town Cop
Peaches__ is playing another Christian game called The PrayerWarriors A.O.F.C. and it's quite possibly the hottest game he has ever played.

edit:

Karsh fucked around with this message at 02:49 on Apr 19, 2013

Niton
Oct 21, 2010

Your Lord and Savior has finally arrived!

..got any kibble?
Here's a non-flickered version of WIZMAIL.jpg:

bbcisdabomb
Jan 15, 2008

SHEESH
Does Peaches_ know he is quite possibly the most successful Christian missionary alive? If I wasn't already a believer I'd convert after seeing the wonders for Catachumen, not to mention any of these other red-hot games.

Trilin
Dec 15, 2009

Ah! There he is!
Peaches what have you gotten yourself into.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
I nominate the Catechumen sequel next, if you can find a copy. Or "find" a copy.

(That is actually a sequel, the Wikipedia page for Catechumen links to the developers which lists that as the only other game that they made, and it doesn't even have a Wiki page.)

TheGreatGildersneeze
Feb 24, 2001
I seriously think they sent you this game as punishment for making them do extra work with all the Zoo Race orders, Peaches. It wasn't a gift; it was revenge.

That said, you need to start the Hot Games Done Quick marathon.

trendwhore
Apr 22, 2003

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

(and can't post for 6 years!)

Peaches_ playing The PrayerWarriors A.O.F.C. is killing me right now. I don't think I've laughed this hard in a long time.

CVagts
Oct 19, 2009
This is all made better by his timer bugging out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Larksford
Nov 11, 2009

NeoNaoNeo posted:

Cereth got a new WR in ffx NTSC by....6 seconds. In a 10 hour 40 odd minute single session run. I wonder if that even feels good. Better than 6 seconds slow I guess.

It isn't even the WR, just his PB. The WR is another 10 or so minutes faster. Running a game of that length would be soul-crushing.

• Locked thread