Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Batmasterson
Dec 7, 2010

Bang Bang Bang

Guilty posted:

Just re-reading some of this quincy war stuff and I dunno how I missed it before, but it seems that anyone can use the quincy medallions to steal bankais. Ivan (arrancar) tried and failed at the beginning.

Ichigo's fullbring looks like a quincy medallion...

Ivan did have to use an incantation though, which means it is likely some kind of kidou spell being used with the medallions being used as a seal. The solution to getting the bankais back will probably be a reverse incantation of some kind, devised but Urahara.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GOTTA STAY FAI
Mar 24, 2005

~no glitter in the gutter~
~no twilight galaxy~
College Slice
Popped in, saw how far behind I was, got confused.

I guess I'm overdue for my annual Grimmjow update. Have we seen that guy in the last year?

Silver2195
Apr 4, 2012

GOTTA STAY FAI posted:

Popped in, saw how far behind I was, got confused.

I guess I'm overdue for my annual Grimmjow update. Have we seen that guy in the last year?

We haven't actually seen him, but it's pretty strongly implied that he's hanging out with Urahara, Orihime, and Chad in Hueco Mundo.

Vicissitude
Jan 26, 2004

You ever do the chicken dance at a wake? That really bothers people.
Yeah, someone stuck his sword in Urahara's face while he was taking care of business in HM. Later, when Urahara contacted Ichigo and co in Soul Society, we saw a hint of who it was, but no face. The outfit pretty much gave it away, though. So Grimmjow is back and is now comic relief.

Yawgmoth
Sep 10, 2003

This post is cursed!

Vicissitude posted:

So Grimmjow is back and is now comic relief.
If kubo puts grimmjow in a pink polo I will never* forgive him!

*immediately

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

Frankly, I don't like you
and I never have.

Yawgmoth posted:

If kubo puts grimmjow in a pink polo I will never* forgive him!

A man, wearing pink? How bizarre!

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK
Collar popped or unpopped?

Robviously
Aug 21, 2010

Genius. Billionaire. Playboy. Philanthropist.

Prison Warden posted:

A man, wearing pink? How bizarre!

It's the only true sign of a BAD MAN.

FrantzX
Jan 28, 2007
Bleach Chapter 534 - Everything But The Rain 7

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
Bleach Fan-translation websites: Everything but the manga :downs:

How dared you?!

Kubo does flashbacks extremely well, but it doesn't hurt that the cast around them are so much more interesting than the cast we've had for the last decade.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
I'm starting to think Ryuken's whole "I only give a poo poo about her 'cause Quincy futures and I am stoic" line was bullshit.

Stoph
Mar 19, 2006

Give a hug - save a life.
Is Ryuken related to Haschwalth?

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Stoph posted:

Is Ryuken related to Haschwalth?

Seriously doubt that.

Also I guess that Urahara was aware of Masaki's wound this whole time.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK
So I guess Ishida is going to use his powers via Urahara to fix Masaki, sealing both their powers. Which causes grandma Ishida to exile Masaki, which completely embitters Ryuuken toward the Quency and leads to the current situation.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

http://mangastream.com/read/bleach/85605977/1

the better version is out

What's going on with Ryuken's mom's leg on page 15? Is it similar to Bach's crap?

Kild fucked around with this message at 15:50 on Apr 17, 2013

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Kild posted:

http://mangastream.com/read/bleach/85605977/1

the better version is out

What's going on with Ryuken's mom's leg on page 15? Is it similar to Bach's crap?

Looks like just a typical Hollow wound that people get when they're touched by a Hollow.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Gyges posted:

So I guess Ishida is going to use his powers via Urahara to fix Masaki, sealing both their powers. Which causes grandma Ishida to exile Masaki, which completely embitters Ryuuken toward the Quency and leads to the current situation.

I think it's going to be Isshin that does the healing and sealing, which would explain why he lost them in the first place. It would also explain how he decided to stay in the human world, possibly leading to Yamamoto and the Shiba house to "forget" about Isshin himself.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Gyges posted:

Looks like just a typical Hollow wound that people get when they're touched by a Hollow.

Then maybe that means she's 'unpure' and that's why they're so worried about Masaki being attacked by a hollow. It'd also explain why she only has a single kid because she got attacked by a hollow after Ryuken's birth.

milktwice
Feb 15, 2012
Isshin better fake his own death or do something to get himself banished from soul society, because I cannot understand how Soul society thinks it's okay for captains to just disappear.

KoB
May 1, 2009

milktwice posted:

Isshin better fake his own death or do something to get himself banished from soul society, because I cannot understand how Soul society thinks it's okay for captains to just disappear.

Maybe they exile him if he loses his powers.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

He lied about his report, he's helping quincy, he left again without orders and he's probably going to give up his powers to Masaki somehow.

runwiled
Feb 21, 2011

Kild posted:

He lied about his report, he's helping quincy, he left again without orders and he's probably going to give up his powers to Masaki somehow.

The things we do for love.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
So, a normal ghost has a broken chain after they die. If the chain is destroyed, they become a hollow. If they are instead sent to the infinite slum town afterlife, the chain goes away and they live on for another few centuries in abject poverty. The slum town ghosts are basically human in every way, only made of spiritrons. When Chad, Orihime and Ishida went to SS, they were converted into spiritrons by Urahara's device.

What I'm wondering is, what on earth would have happened if one of those three had died while made of spiritrons? Would their chain ghosts immediately jump out? Would they count as a slum ghost and simply die? If it is the latter, wouldn't that mean that a slum ghost who went through Urahara's device would become human again?

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~
I just get a mental image of Urahara yelling "SMOKE BOMB!" before running away from you and your questions. Thank you for that.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Serious Frolicking posted:

So, a normal ghost has a broken chain after they die. If the chain is destroyed, they become a hollow. If they are instead sent to the infinite slum town afterlife, the chain goes away and they live on for another few centuries in abject poverty. The slum town ghosts are basically human in every way, only made of spiritrons. When Chad, Orihime and Ishida went to SS, they were converted into spiritrons by Urahara's device.

What I'm wondering is, what on earth would have happened if one of those three had died while made of spiritrons? Would their chain ghosts immediately jump out? Would they count as a slum ghost and simply die? If it is the latter, wouldn't that mean that a slum ghost who went through Urahara's device would become human again?

Nah, shinigami don't have ghosts.

Also, breaking the chain doesn't necessarily mean you become a hollow. It just means you're dead and can no longer be revived. Becoming a hollow is a long process.

Thoren
May 28, 2008
If Isshin loses his powers because of Masaki's injury, that would be a total cop out. It's has been pretty clear that he used Final Getsuga.

Do we know if Isshin ever saw Ichigo or Rukia or any spirits early on in the series? It's unclear how/when he regained his powers. Maybe that's an important plot point to be revealed?

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK
Maybe he Final Getsuga's Masaki's hollow into remission, robbing both of them of their powers.

Dick Spacious CPA
Oct 10, 2012

Who do I have to mail all my money to just to get Kubo to make the story, going forward, all about Urahara and all the cool stuff he has done/is doing?

the unabonger
Jun 21, 2009
Isshin puts his spiritrons in Masaki's hole, Ichigo is born.

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

Frankly, I don't like you
and I never have.

coreycoryecorey posted:

Who do I have to mail all my money to just to get Kubo to make the story, going forward, all about Urahara and all the cool stuff he has done/is doing?

I think that's basically the whole plot though???

Dick Spacious CPA
Oct 10, 2012

Prison Warden posted:

I think that's basically the whole plot though???

Haha. Yea I guess you could look at it that way. He still does not get enough screen time though.

bean mom
Jan 30, 2009

The Fresh Prince posted:

Isshin puts his spiritrons in Masaki's hole, Ichigo is born.

Whoa, whats with the NSFW language here?

Also I hope this explains how Yuzu and Karin are born too.

This whole thing seems set up for "died in child birth" but ichigo has two younger sisters.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Zyla posted:

Just talkin' about spiritual healing, man. Can't help if it sounds dirty to your non-ghost ears. Look forward to lots of names being called out while Masaki is bathed in spiritons from the surrounding dudes.

quote:

This whole thing seems set up for "died in child birth" but ichigo has two younger sisters.

We know that Masaki doesn't die until Ichigo is a little boy and his sisters are already born. Kain and Yuzu are the result of boring old non-spirit procreation. Though I guess it is still Isshin going Ghost with the roll of Whoopie Goldberg being played by technologically advanced spirit real doll.

Gyges fucked around with this message at 01:47 on Apr 18, 2013

redstormpopcorn
Jun 10, 2007
Aurora Master

Zyla posted:

I think you mean fracciones.

Chalupa Picada
Jan 13, 2009

Zyla posted:

Both of his sisters are just gikon.

Doc Fission
Sep 11, 2011

drat, Ryuuken really does like her. Then who the hell is Ishida's mom?

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK
Probably the maid, which is part of why Uryu isn't as good as his dad. The only other choice seems to be Uryu's grandma and I don't think this is that type of manga.

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

:marc:

Gyges posted:

Just talkin' about spiritual healing, man. Can't help if it sounds dirty to your non-ghost ears. Look forward to lots of names being called out while Masaki is bathed in spiritons from the surrounding dudes.

The manga is suffering from a shameful lack of hadou/kidou/bakudou incantations, yes.

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Did I just say that out loud~~?!!!

Archenteron posted:

The manga is suffering from a shameful lack of hadou/kidou/bakudou incantations, yes.

I don't care what anyone says, Barrigan vs. Hachigen & Soi-Fon was the best loving fight of the whole drat series. Sooo much kido. :swoon:

And the final reversal trick was pretty awesome too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PringleCreamEgg
Jul 2, 2004

Sleep, rest, do your best.
Barrigan was the best character and had the best fight, but I still don't get how Aizen could have possibly beaten him. Aizen may have killed his servants and whatever, but I doubt Aizen could get in and out of killing distance before Barry let out a death fart.

Also the second best fight was Dordonni vs Ichigo and Nel.

• Locked thread