Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FreakyZoid
Nov 28, 2002

StorrowS posted:

I use Filebot, which is pretty simple and has worked flawlessly for me.
http://filebot.net/
Thanks for sharing this, it's brilliant for renaming - and a really nice, simple, drag & drop interface.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

the corpse of god is love.

OK for some reason, I'm suddenly unable to access any of the SMB shares I have set up in XBMC. It was working just fine until last night. It continually asks for a username and password, even when I input valid credentials. Anyone else experience a problem like this in the past? Nothing has changed with the location of the source or the security settings on my PC (which is Win 7). The only thing I can think is that a batch of Windows Updates got installed earlier in the week.

edit: Eh screw it, I just enabled actual file sharing on the necessary drives rather than goof around with admin shares.

haljordan fucked around with this message at 21:49 on Apr 13, 2013

snickles
Mar 27, 2010
Is there anyway to have trakt submit data when watching movies from the amazon streamer in bluecops repository? XBMC seems to recognize the movie, but trakt utilities (which afaik is working fine) doesn't submit it. I haven't tried any other streaming sources outside the xbmc library - this could just be a limitation of trakt utilities.

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
Any reason why XBMC won't show every new movie I've added in the New Movies widget across all skins? They show up in the Movies section and I can watch them just fine, but they don't show up in the widget for New Movies and it's very annoying :(.

Traxxus
Jul 13, 2003

WWJD - What Would Jack Do?

89 posted:

Any reason why XBMC won't show every new movie I've added in the New Movies widget across all skins? They show up in the Movies section and I can watch them just fine, but they don't show up in the widget for New Movies and it's very annoying :(.

Frodo looks for "new" movies now by file date, and not when added to the library like it used to. There's an easy fix using advancedsettings.xml , I posted it once in this thread if you check my previous posts.

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps

Traxxus posted:

Frodo looks for "new" movies now by file date, and not when added to the library like it used to. There's an easy fix using advancedsettings.xml , I posted it once in this thread if you check my previous posts.

Cool, thanks man. I'll give it a shot. I thought it might have something to do with when the files were "created", so I changed a setting in SABNZBD too.

Dobermaniac
Jun 10, 2004

StorrowS posted:

I use Filebot, which is pretty simple and has worked flawlessly for me.
http://filebot.net/

It has scripting support too, I have it set up to run whenever a uTorrent download finishes and it renames and copies the completed files into the correct folder structure, which is pretty nifty.

Would you mind posting your script to do this? I've always just dragged it into filebot and would like a more efficient way of doing it. Thanks

Elysium
Aug 21, 2003
It is by will alone I set my mind in motion.
So for some reason Openelec thinks that I only have one TV show now. All the other ones are clearly still "there" because recent episodes still show up as newly added, and I can access everything through the ipad app, but when I click on TV shows it only shows 30 rock.

I tried rebooting and I tried removing the TV folder source and readding and rescraping the whole thing, but that didn't do anything, still just 30 rock.

Keito
Jul 21, 2005

WHAT DO I CHOOSE ?

Elysium posted:

So for some reason Openelec thinks that I only have one TV show now. All the other ones are clearly still "there" because recent episodes still show up as newly added, and I can access everything through the ipad app, but when I click on TV shows it only shows 30 rock.

I tried rebooting and I tried removing the TV folder source and readding and rescraping the whole thing, but that didn't do anything, still just 30 rock.

Have you watched everything else and set it to only show unwatched episodes in the viewtype settings?

Elysium
Aug 21, 2003
No, not even close. Just turned it on one day and "wait what, why does it only show 30 rock?"

All the shows play fine if initiated from the remote app.

Movies are all still there.

Slash
Apr 7, 2011

Dobermaniac posted:

Would you mind posting your script to do this? I've always just dragged it into filebot and would like a more efficient way of doing it. Thanks

Here's the thread where I learned how to do it:
http://www.filebot.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=215&sid=115498ff7372fa91ecf78c39cbb518e1

However the command-line i run looks different as i wanted to enforce a specific folder structure. Here's my command-line:

quote:

filebot -script fn:amc --output "z:" --action copy --conflict skip -non-strict --def music=n artwork=n "ut_dir=%D" "ut_file=%F" "ut_kind=%K" "ut_title=%N" "ut_label=%L" "ut_state=%S" "seriesFormat=TV/{n}/Season {s}/{n} - {s00e00} - {t}" "movieFormat=DVD/{n} ({y})/{n} ({y}){\" CD$pi\"}"

It took me a while to figure out how to escape the speech-marks correctly.

Elysium
Aug 21, 2003

Keito posted:

Have you watched everything else and set it to only show unwatched episodes in the viewtype settings?

Nevermind, I'm an idiot. Turns out it was toggled to *watched* only, and 30 rock was the only one completely watched.

Quixzlizx
Jan 7, 2007
What's the best way to get a Dual Shock 3 working in XBMC? It's plugged-in, not BT (because MotioninJoy doesn't like the dongle I'm using). It's worked fine in emulators, but XBMC doesn't seem to recognize it at all.

The_Franz
Aug 8, 2003

Quixzlizx posted:

What's the best way to get a Dual Shock 3 working in XBMC? It's plugged-in, not BT (because MotioninJoy doesn't like the dongle I'm using). It's worked fine in emulators, but XBMC doesn't seem to recognize it at all.

Try setting the controller type in MotionInJoy to XInput.

Quixzlizx
Jan 7, 2007

The_Franz posted:

Try setting the controller type in MotionInJoy to XInput.

Thanks, I'll try that when I get home. Hopefully that won't mess with the controller settings/recognition in all of my emulators.

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
Recently I've been having weird buffering issues with XBMC; after playing 1-2 files from my server fine, the remainder of the files will play for ~10-13 seconds, buffer then repeat indefinitely until I either reboot the computer or sometimes wait an hour or two. I can play the files totally fine from my macbook over wireless, and both the HTPC and server are on a gigabit ethernet connection. I don't remember when the problems started, but since they did I've updated XBMC, my server software version (unraid), and my router firmware with no luck whatsoever. I've tried increasing the buffer cache size in advancedsettings but I have no idea how to tell if that's making a difference. Any suggestions?

fourwood
Sep 9, 2001

Damn I'll bring them to their knees.
Okay, why can't I figure this out... what the hell do the stars mean in the TV episodes listings? Some episodes have a star, some don't. I can't seem a way to turn them on or off, and I've found nothing to tell me their significance. I'm using the Aeon Nox skin with fairly default settings, if it makes a difference, but I seem to recall them being there on the standard skin, too.

EC
Jul 10, 2001

The Legend

fourwood posted:

Okay, why can't I figure this out... what the hell do the stars mean in the TV episodes listings? Some episodes have a star, some don't. I can't seem a way to turn them on or off, and I've found nothing to tell me their significance. I'm using the Aeon Nox skin with fairly default settings, if it makes a difference, but I seem to recall them being there on the standard skin, too.

I've not used Nox is some time, but it's probably meant to designate watched episodes, right?

Webbeh
Dec 13, 2003

IF THIS IS A 'LOST' THREAD I'M PROBABLY WHINING ABOUT
STABBEY THE MEANY
I finally made the jump from Windows 7 + USB-UIRT + XBMC to OpenELEC + FLIRC, and I have to say that OpenELEC is blisteringly fast and FLIRC is by far the best remote control interface I have encountered (even if their application to program the dongle is a little wonky).

I never thought I'd have XBMC up and running in 10 minutes, but OpenELEC changed my outlook on how easy XBMC is. So great.

Fillerbunny
Jul 25, 2002

so confused.

fourwood posted:

It's used to designate an episode as "new," though I'm not sure what the qualifications are. The stars seem to hang around for a week or so, or until you watch them, at which case they get a check mark to indicate they have been watched.

fourwood
Sep 9, 2001

Damn I'll bring them to their knees.

EC posted:

I've not used Nox is some time, but it's probably meant to designate watched episodes, right?

Nope, it turns to a checkmark when it's watched.

Fillerbunny posted:

It's used to designate an episode as "new," though I'm not sure what the qualifications are. The stars seem to hang around for a week or so, or until you watch them, at which case they get a check mark to indicate they have been watched.

I guess this could be it. So far I've only imported entire shows/seasons at once, but I don't think I've ever seen a season that consistently had stars on all episodes (or consistent lack thereof). I haven't noticed them going away on their own, though. Whatever... good enough explanation for me.

thebushcommander
Apr 16, 2004
HAY
GUYS
MAKE
ME A
FUNNY,
I'M TOO
STUPID
TO DO
IT BY
MYSELF
So maybe someone can recommend a small, inexpensive device I can use as a dedicated XBMC box? I don't really want to use my PC connected to my TV, I'd rather have something dedicated. Needs to be able to run 1080P content flawlessly and have built in Gigabit Ethernet, not wireless really needed. Don't really care what OS I run on it. I was using a Asus Transformer Infinity for a little while that worked fine, but it's my understanding most of the Android Stick things are pretty lovely and of course it's just wireless which I don't want.

Don Lapre
Mar 28, 2001

If you're having problems you're either holding the phone wrong or you have tiny girl hands.

thebushcommander posted:

So maybe someone can recommend a small, inexpensive device I can use as a dedicated XBMC box? I don't really want to use my PC connected to my TV, I'd rather have something dedicated. Needs to be able to run 1080P content flawlessly and have built in Gigabit Ethernet, not wireless really needed. Don't really care what OS I run on it. I was using a Asus Transformer Infinity for a little while that worked fine, but it's my understanding most of the Android Stick things are pretty lovely and of course it's just wireless which I don't want.

Zotac AD10/12

Slash
Apr 7, 2011

thebushcommander posted:

I use an Acer Revo R3700 for my XBMC box. It has an Atom 1.8GHz Processor, which can play 1080p files just fine. It can stutter a bit on HD video streams though, such as BBC iPlayer HD or Youtube HD.

There are newer versions out now which have better hardware.

suddenlyissoon
Feb 17, 2002

Don't be sad that I am gone.
I might be picking up a android phone soon and I'll definitely be putting XBMC on it. Currently, my iPhone is running it and connecting remotely to my NAS using AFP. Is that possible on android or is there a better alternative? I know SMB isn't possible and have never seemed to get NFS working.

I light fires
May 12, 2001

suddenlyissoon posted:

I might be picking up a android phone soon and I'll definitely be putting XBMC on it. Currently, my iPhone is running it and connecting remotely to my NAS using AFP. Is that possible on android or is there a better alternative? I know SMB isn't possible and have never seemed to get NFS working.

xbmc has its own built in upnp server these days which works pretty drat well for sharing an already existing xbmc library though you do need xbmc running somewhere else for this to work. I run the service on my main htpc so that when people want to play video games or something I can plug my phone or whatever into the receiver and play music. It was also crazy handy last week when I was sick and didn't want to get out of bed I just fired up xbmc on my nexus 7 and pulled the upnp share off the htpc in the living room.

suddenlyissoon
Feb 17, 2002

Don't be sad that I am gone.

I light fires posted:

xbmc has its own built in upnp server these days which works pretty drat well for sharing an already existing xbmc library though you do need xbmc running somewhere else for this to work. I run the service on my main htpc so that when people want to play video games or something I can plug my phone or whatever into the receiver and play music. It was also crazy handy last week when I was sick and didn't want to get out of bed I just fired up xbmc on my nexus 7 and pulled the upnp share off the htpc in the living room.

Yeah, the problem with that is accessing it remotely. Currently I have my NAS pointing to a DDNS name and connect XBMC at work, on my iPhone & my iPad through AFP using the DDNS address. It works flawlessly. I've never seemed to get the UPNP working remotely.

I light fires
May 12, 2001
You're miles beyond what Im doing plus if your are going through that much trouble you probably want library status updates and such which currently upnp does not support.

Ashex
Jun 25, 2007

These pipes are cleeeean!!!

StorrowS posted:

I use an Acer Revo R3700 for my XBMC box. It has an Atom 1.8GHz Processor, which can play 1080p files just fine. It can stutter a bit on HD video streams though, such as BBC iPlayer HD or Youtube HD.

There are newer versions out now which have better hardware.

I have the same one and it works great. Anything with at 2GB of ram with hardware decoding will work great. CPU only matters for plugins/theme rendering at that point.

Keito
Jul 21, 2005

WHAT DO I CHOOSE ?

suddenlyissoon posted:

Yeah, the problem with that is accessing it remotely. Currently I have my NAS pointing to a DDNS name and connect XBMC at work, on my iPhone & my iPad through AFP using the DDNS address. It works flawlessly. I've never seemed to get the UPNP working remotely.

You could always set up an FTP server. A bit old-school maybe, but it worked alright for me when remotely streaming from my brother's computer in the past.

Captain Matchbox
Sep 22, 2008

BOP THE STOATS
Is there a good addon to short list a few movies from the library to watch later?

Fillerbunny
Jul 25, 2002

so confused.

suddenlyissoon posted:

I think there's some CIFShare utility you can get to make Samba shares working on your Android phone, if you haven't tried that already.

kitten smoothie
Dec 29, 2001

Did Amazon recently change something that blocks XBMC? I can't stream anything anymore without getting an "FLASH_ACCESS_DRM" message. It worked just fine last weekend.

edit: apparently, yes, the streams weren't DRM-wrapped before and beginning on Thursday, now they are.

kitten smoothie fucked around with this message at 15:03 on Apr 22, 2013

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

I work a weird schedule and miss out on news for the most part. Is there a good XBMC app (or selection) that will give you a 20-30 minute news recap?

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?

kitten smoothie posted:

Did Amazon recently change something that blocks XBMC? I can't stream anything anymore without getting an "FLASH_ACCESS_DRM" message. It worked just fine last weekend.

edit: apparently, yes, the streams weren't DRM-wrapped before and beginning on Thursday, now they are.

Boooooooo. So does that mean the Amazon Prime plugin is broken now? :(

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
What's a good trailer app? I tried The Trailers and can't get it to even work correctly.

drewmoney
Mar 11, 2004

thebushcommander posted:

I have an Arctic MC001-XBMC(US) and I'm very happy with it's performance. Runs OpenELEC and has been flawless so far. My only complaint is that you can't lay the actual device sideways, but that's a small thing.

tarepanda
Mar 26, 2011

Living the Dream
Is there any reason not to run OpenElec from a USB stick instead of a hard drive?

Right now I have a SSD in my AD10 but with OpenElec, it feels like a waste.

kitten smoothie
Dec 29, 2001

Bucket Joneses posted:

Boooooooo. So does that mean the Amazon Prime plugin is broken now? :(

Yep, it sure does appear so.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vykk.Draygo
Jan 17, 2004

I say salesmen and women of the world unite!

89 posted:

What's a good trailer app? I tried The Trailers and can't get it to even work correctly.

I really like Trailer Addict. I had HDTrailers installed but on my Pi, it would play 3 seconds of a trailer then buffer like crazy, whereas everything plays perfectly in Trailer Addict.