Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Video Nasty
Jun 17, 2003

Minorities posted:

Gearbox doesn't care about duping and have said so many times. There's no practical way to stop it.

Fair enough, then. :)

Has anyone gotten any of the 'new' guns that were in BL1? Are they any decent /better than before?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

delpheye
Jun 18, 2004

I'm gonna fuck me a moon man!
Which ones? There are a bunch of guns that were in both at least in name. The Chopper is one, and it is GLORIOUS in its ability to waste ammo and not kill anything that's further away than right in front of you.

Lumpy
Apr 26, 2002

La! La! La! Laaaa!

College Slice
PS3 DLC and TVHM question / possible bug I hope somebody can help me with: I played through all the DLCs in normal mode, then started up TVHM. I played the Pirate DLC to the point where I unlocked the chest with the now broken compass piece. Buddy joined my game, and we decide to start Torgue DLC, so I fast travelled to the Crater. We played for a little bit, then I saved game, and quit. Last night, I wanted to finish the Pirate DLC, so I fired up my game... and it says all of the Pirate DLCs storyline and side missions are complete. The other two DLCs and the "main" game are all in the correct state for TVHM, but Pirate seems to have auto-completed itself. Has anyone else experienced this and know a way to have missions I didn't' actually do in TVHM be do-able again? Thanks!

Krazee Eyez Killa
Feb 16, 2007
Can anyone on PS3 dupe me any gear for a gunzerker and an assassin? Both are level 41 but I would appreciate any gear from level 41 and up. PSN name is dcraighton

Krazee Eyez Killa
Feb 16, 2007
Whoever ChiefRebelAngel is, I thank you very much for all the loot. Is there anyone on Xbox that's willing to dupe anything for a level 50 commando and level 50 siren? If so my gamertag is Ye Bobbum Man and I will be on tonight.

spamhead80
Apr 15, 2003

It's a Zen thing, like how many babies fit in a tire.
I have a bunch of level 50 stuff on my husband's account. I'll look for you tonight, but my XBL is Ethel Merman in case I miss you. I can always pop his characters into the game and loot vomit for you.

Dr. Red Ranger
Nov 9, 2011

Nap Ghost
So, as a commando who finally made it to level 50, is it feasible for me to solo Terramorphous before going on to UVHM? I haven't beaten any of the "extra" bosses yet and the only oranges I've seen since I started playing were a lvl 50 impaler and fire bee someone dropped for me. Is there a specific build necessary to do this?

Krampus Grewcock
Aug 26, 2010

Gruss vom Krampus!
If anyone needs good level 50 gear, I've got most of mine saved to a single account. GT is same as my SA handle.

Edit: I will be on tonight probably around 9 pacific, maybe tomorrow night and definitely Sat and Sun, which is my usual time for being on anyway.

Krampus Grewcock fucked around with this message at 22:38 on Apr 18, 2013

weaaddar
Jul 17, 2004
HAY GUYS WHAT IS TEH INTERWEBNET, AND ISN'T A0L the SECKZ!? :LOL: 1337
PS I'M A FUCKING LOSER

Dr. Red Ranger posted:

So, as a commando who finally made it to level 50, is it feasible for me to solo Terramorphous before going on to UVHM? I haven't beaten any of the "extra" bosses yet and the only oranges I've seen since I started playing were a lvl 50 impaler and fire bee someone dropped for me. Is there a specific build necessary to do this?

The raid bosses are all gear checks. Terra might be one of the easier ones, but unless your geared and specced right probably not. Try it on Normal (he'll be level 50 but a lot less health). I recommend slag turrets and hiding behind the rock for the ramp out and using fire weapons, or the bee with an DPUH. Or you can try suicidal putting yourself into FFYL by using a bouncing bonnie and blasting the hell out of him with a fire norfleet with the skill that boosts your damage in FFYL.

It's still bullshit like all the raid bosses.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
Just booted up my PS3 and say "Borderlands 2 Patch - Additional Content".

Whassatallabout??

burntpork
Jan 25, 2010

Feenix posted:

Just booted up my PS3 and say "Borderlands 2 Patch - Additional Content".

Whassatallabout??

http://forums.gearboxsoftware.com/showthread.php?t=271060

bug fixes and other stuff.

edit: Psycho class mods are also dropping. :eek:

burntpork fucked around with this message at 01:08 on Apr 19, 2013

Krazee Eyez Killa
Feb 16, 2007

spamhead80 posted:

I have a bunch of level 50 stuff on my husband's account. I'll look for you tonight, but my XBL is Ethel Merman in case I miss you. I can always pop his characters into the game and loot vomit for you.

Thank you for all the loot tonight. Sorry I left so abruptly my daughter was crying.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost
What's the best place to farm the Open Wide! challenge? That's the point-blank shotgun kill one. It's the only one I need to finally get my gold/platinum trophy. I managed to kill Jimmy Jenkins twice tonight with my Siren while farming the WEP loot midget chests.

Seneschal
Nov 24, 2008

Minorities posted:

What's the best place to farm the Open Wide! challenge? That's the point-blank shotgun kill one. It's the only one I need to finally get my gold/platinum trophy. I managed to kill Jimmy Jenkins twice tonight with my Siren while farming the WEP loot midget chests.

I like loading playthrough 1 and going to sawtooth cauldron or bloodshot ramparts to farm kills. Skags are pretty good and stupid and come right within close range, but I hate having to shoot at my feet half the time so I don't usually go for them.

Douche4Sale
May 8, 2003

...and then God said, "Let there be douche!"

Minorities posted:

Bar brawl on normal mode is pretty fast

Dr.Smasher
Nov 27, 2002

Cyberpunk 1987

Minorities posted:

I liked Caustic Caverns, the amount of creatures there is pretty good if you can deal with the occasional Pyro Thresher. Lots of Varkids.

Krampus Grewcock
Aug 26, 2010

Gruss vom Krampus!
So, just took down Saturn solo with my 61 commando, took less than 5 minutes, and I died only once because Skags got behind me. I am really disappointed in all of you.

Okay, so it did take 13 lobbed bonus packages, 27 Norfleet shots, and a bunch of DP-Harold rounds, but yeah, he wasn't nearly as bad as the Constructor who comes up after him. gently caress constructors.

HAmbONE
May 11, 2004

I know where the XBox is!!
Smellrose

KidKrampus posted:

Words. gently caress constructors.

God gently caress Constructors

I ran out of ammo with my Mechro on the constructor after Saturn. I fell off the bridge and fought my way back to the ammo machine using whatever gun I had ammo for.

Nuked.

gently caress Constructors

Father Wendigo
Sep 28, 2005
This is, sadly, more important to me than bettering myself.

Me and some guys were doing a Bunker/Terra run, and we're noticing that Siren shot are occasionally healing enemies. I had a Siren unload 13 level 61 Norfleet rounds into a teeny loot loader to no effect. I'd plink at it, it'd drop a bit, and then the next volley would cause it's health to shoot back up to full.

Sirens accidentally healing enemies with bullets instead of hurting them with bullets: ridiculous bug, or ingenious balancing feature?

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
Oh the additional content patch was the Poker Night 2 content...

Doctor Shitfaced
Feb 13, 2012

Feenix posted:

Oh the additional content patch was the Poker Night 2 content...

Kreig's data as well!

I'm really excited for him to be unlocked.

spamhead80
Apr 15, 2003

Krazee Eyez Killa posted:

Thank you for all the loot tonight. Sorry I left so abruptly my daughter was crying.

No problem :). Sorry I was talking at you.

I just found a bunch of good guns on the gunzerker that I never play, so I can drop those for you this weekend if you'd like (a CC or two, an Unkempt Harold and a legendary commando mod). Just send me a message if you see me online.

Kifisonfire
Jan 15, 2008

Krieg's class mod is a saw blade. That's awesome. I wonder if it attaches to his Buzz Axe when you're in action skill mode.

ShadowedFlames
Dec 26, 2009

Shoot this guy in the face.

Fallen Rib

Father Wendigo posted:

Me and some guys were doing a Bunker/Terra run, and we're noticing that Siren shot are occasionally healing enemies. I had a Siren unload 13 level 61 Norfleet rounds into a teeny loot loader to no effect. I'd plink at it, it'd drop a bit, and then the next volley would cause it's health to shoot back up to full.

Sirens accidentally healing enemies with bullets instead of hurting them with bullets: ridiculous bug, or ingenious balancing feature?

In over 80 hours of play with my Siren, that's one bug I've never run across. I refuse to think of it as a balancing feature because UHVM mode doesn't need any more bullshit features with the regen and absurdly large HP pool the enemies have.

burntpork
Jan 25, 2010
Just got a purple Psycho mod called Razed Toast with +70% burn chance and +40% mag size :allears:
+5 elemental Elation, +4 Pain is Power and +3 Fire Fiend.

Kifisonfire
Jan 15, 2008

The legendary has already been found. It even got red text. They all look like tier 1 skills too, so it's more traditional unlike the Mechro mod.

velcro and proud
Mar 31, 2005

I love baseball, apple pie...and your mom.

OK, so I've got my last free day for gaming today and haven't had much luck finding peeps to play. If anybody's down for some running around today, I will be on as GT: BloatedOsprey
Would be great to try and get a group of four together even if it has to be low-levels or newbies.

Krazee Eyez Killa
Feb 16, 2007

spamhead80 posted:

No problem :). Sorry I was talking at you.

I just found a bunch of good guns on the gunzerker that I never play, so I can drop those for you this weekend if you'd like (a CC or two, an Unkempt Harold and a legendary commando mod). Just send me a message if you see me online.

Ok cool I will definitely not turn those down.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost

Kifisonfire posted:

The legendary has already been found. It even got red text. They all look like tier 1 skills too, so it's more traditional unlike the Mechro mod.

:stare:

Well that certainly is a thing.

Thanks for the tips on farming Open Wide! I thought about it a little and I think I'm going to speed through Scarlett on Normal mode and get to the factory where all the loaders are. They move slow and never run away so they're guaranteed point-blank kills. I really hate normal bandits who run backwards as fast as you run forwards and know exactly where your crosshairs are so they dodge back and forth and :argh:

Video Nasty
Jun 17, 2003

Maybe it's just me, but I find it weird there's no level constraint on the gear for the Psycho yet. They said the next DLC is dropping in May - do we have a definite date already announced?
or are they going to bundle that announcement into the poker night release?

delpheye
Jun 18, 2004

Jake Blues posted:

Maybe it's just me, but I find it weird there's no level constraint on the gear for the Psycho yet. They said the next DLC is dropping in May - do we have a definite date already announced?
or are they going to bundle that announcement into the poker night release?

There's a lot of reasons why the data files for gear could be there but missing stuff like level requirements. That legendary mod doesn't look like it has 61 stats, so it might just be a generic one that others are generated off of, or a placeholder or who knows what. PC users can go digging around in their game and find whatever is there but that doesn't mean it won't change between now and release.

gently caress this poker night business. I'm sure the meeting that spawned that idea had liberal use of the word synergy. Don't want to download a stupid game just to get 3 megs worth of heads.

spamhead80
Apr 15, 2003

I am pretty sure that it's idiots like me, who buy every stupid skin/head pack that Gearbox releases, that are directly responsible for the Poker Night thing. I just like playing dress-up in games :(.

I picked up a few pearlescents from a nice dude yesterday, if anyone is interested. I have an Interfacer that is a ridiculous bullet hose (that destroys poo poo), a Shredifier or two, a couple of Butchers and some other stuff that I can't remember. People have been very nice to me in game, so I am looking to spread love. GT is Ethel Merman and I am on off and on all day.

Adregan
Oct 22, 2002

spamhead80 posted:

I am pretty sure that it's idiots like me, who buy every stupid skin/head pack that Gearbox releases, that are directly responsible for the Poker Night thing. I just like playing dress-up in games :(.

I picked up a few pearlescents from a nice dude yesterday, if anyone is interested. I have an Interfacer that is a ridiculous bullet hose (that destroys poo poo), a Shredifier or two, a couple of Butchers and some other stuff that I can't remember. People have been very nice to me in game, so I am looking to spread love. GT is Ethel Merman and I am on off and on all day.

The question is will you be able to dupe the heads and skins from the whole poker night game thing. If so I can always toss a few bucks your way to compensate buying the poker game, because hell if I'm buying it let alone be good enough to even win any thing. Also, I might take you up on some of those guns.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
The game has a Borderlands character in it, and it's in co-operation with Telltale and Valve, and you didn't expect there to be cross-game promotionals? What kind of world do you live in?

spamhead80
Apr 15, 2003

Yeah, I guess we'll find out about the duping thing. I am going to get my friend to play the game, because I suck at poker, and I will probably throw some money her way to compensate. We'll see :)

I will definitely toss you any of the guns that you would like, Adregan.

spamhead80 fucked around with this message at 19:53 on Apr 19, 2013

Kifisonfire
Jan 15, 2008

Adregan posted:

The question is will you be able to dupe the heads and skins from the whole poker night game thing. If so I can always toss a few bucks your way to compensate buying the poker game, because hell if I'm buying it let alone be good enough to even win any thing. Also, I might take you up on some of those guns.
I doubt it, otherwise that game is definitely not going to get sold. BL2 probably checks your save in Poker Night 2 and unlocks it directly.

I don't mind. mostly because I'm happy with my skins at the moment. The only one I'm slightly bummed about is Gaige's Sam head, but it looks like poo poo anyway.

The Duke
May 19, 2004

The Angel from my Nightmare

I think it's worth it just for the Brock Samson head. I hope there's a tutorial because I've never really played poker but the game looks kind of fun either way.

Also I'm 100% certain they will not be given to you as items but instead automatically unlocked at the quick change like the special event skins.

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013
well I'm a dumb idiot that posted this in the PC thread by accident

i play on the 360 and lost all my saves and didn't back them up because i'm a dumb idiot, as stated above

i wanted to start UVHM but now i have to play through the game at least twice just to get to the point where i can farm up weapons to play uvhm

because i don't want to slog through 60 hours of prep, i figure i'll just use Gibbed or whatever. Last time I tried that, though, I couldn't figure out how to set my game. I can chnge level/stats/weapons, but I can't figure out how to put me in hard mode automatically or whatever. which means i'd still have to run through the game, i'd just be hilariously overlevelled for the vast, vast majority of it.

help me please :( Teach me how to Gibbed.

delpheye
Jun 18, 2004

despite the dozens of youtube tutorials on using gibbed's save editor, if you can make yourself 61, just plow through a couple of playthroughs rq and get some duped gear once you're 61.

that said, you can probably check out the other tabs in the save editor and see what you're looking for.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kifisonfire
Jan 15, 2008

Just saw a Rat drop a Hornet :stare: Shame it was 59 or I would have snatched it.

Oh well, back to farming for a Fibber.

Oh yeah, before I forget. If anyone is on tonight can I join your game and grab a 61 Bad Touch before I forget?

• Locked thread