Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
WastedJoker
Oct 29, 2011

Fiery the angels fell. Deep thunder rolled around their shoulders... burning with the fires of Orc.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WastedJoker
Oct 29, 2011

Fiery the angels fell. Deep thunder rolled around their shoulders... burning with the fires of Orc.
ahahaha

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

BIG KOOL TELLIN' Y'ALL TO KEEP IT TIGHT

fuzzy_logic posted:

source: https://twitter.com/illuminator99/status/323982576937209856

We still hate your baseball team :unsmith: awwww.... I can't be mad. Don't tell anybody.

I found this one on another news site, scrolling through the acts of kindness and heroism following the explosions:

Private Eye
Jul 12, 2010

Don't be so bloody gay, Cambo

This picture really is dogs in a nutshell for me :3:

Morton Haynice
Sep 9, 2008

doop doop
doop doop
doop doop
doop doop
Dove Real Beauty Sketches

To explain the premise of the video is to spoil the surprise, so I'll just say this is a powerful statement about body dysmorphia, and the most :unsmith: I've ever felt during a soap commercial.

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

God damn it, you've got to be kind.

Morton Haynice posted:

To explain the premise of the video is to spoil the surprise, so I'll just say this is a powerful statement about body dysmorphia, and the most :unsmith: I've ever felt during a soap commercial.

Very clever and worth watching.

Geolicious
Oct 21, 2003

Our posturings, our imagined self-importance, the delusion that we have some privileged position in the Universe, are challenged by this point of pale light. Our planet is a lonely speck in the great enveloping cosmic dark.
Lipstick Apathy

Morton Haynice posted:

The Real Beauty campaign has been hit or miss with me, but drat if this one didn't get me right in the feelers.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Morton Haynice posted:

That was absolutely beautiful.

Beardless
Aug 12, 2011

I am Centurion Titus Polonius. And the only trouble I've had is that nobody seem to realize that I'm their superior officer.

fuzzy_logic posted:

source: https://twitter.com/illuminator99/status/323982576937209856

We still hate your baseball team :unsmith: awwww.... I can't be mad. Don't tell anybody.

:sympathy: The Yankees flew a banner with the Red Sox Logo, and played Sweet Caroline, traditionally a Fenway thing. :glomp:

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Morton Haynice posted:

Thanks man. That is really uplifting.
There is a very good drawing instruction book that has a similar exercise but without the same goal. The results can be startling.

Pookah
Aug 21, 2008

🪶Caw🪶

New Zealand just voted on legalizing gay Marriage.

It went well, it's basically the best shit_that_DID_Happen.txt ever.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DW4DXOAXF8U

:3:

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.
Welp, it's settled, found out where I'm taking my next vacation:
http://www.buzzfeed.com/ryanhatesthis/there-is-an-island-in-the-caribbean-run-by-pigs-that-love-to

ekuNNN
Nov 27, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.
Omg, I'm on a flight to LaGuardia and there's a woman aboard with two puppies! :neckbeard:

Like... In the cabin! Not in luggage compartment or anything!

Pilli
Jul 3, 2011

Dogs have owners,
cats have staff

This post alone is worth the title of the thread :3: :3: :3:

the popular kids
Dec 27, 2010

Time for some thrilling heroics.
I hope this isn't a repost but WHO CARES.

:3::3:

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

BIG KOOL TELLIN' Y'ALL TO KEEP IT TIGHT
8 signs your cat is actually a dog
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OztGJhiBQTo

The little growl is freakin' adorable :3:

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Pookah posted:

Make sure you watch this, guys, it's amazing. The New Zealand parliament successfully legalises gay marriage and then everyone stands up to sing the traditional Maori love song Pokarekare Ana and lines up to hug Louisa Wall, the MP who submitted the bill.

Oh and here's the hilarious and heartwarming reply from MP Maurice Williamson congratulating her.

quote:

I have had a reverend in my local electorate call and say that the gay onslaught will start the day after this bill is passed. We are really struggling to know what the gay onslaught will look like. We do not know whether it will come down the Pakuranga Highway as a series of troops, or whether it will be a gas that flows in over the electorate and blocks us all in.

I also had a Catholic priest tell me that I was supporting an unnatural act. I found that quite interesting coming from someone who has taken an oath of celibacy for his whole life.

Snowglobe of Doom has a new favorite as of 09:22 on Apr 18, 2013

Novum
May 26, 2012

That's how we roll
This thread has been invaluable to me for the past few days. Thanks guys.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

DrBouvenstein posted:

Omg, I'm on a flight to LaGuardia and there's a woman aboard with two puppies! :neckbeard:

Like... In the cabin! Not in luggage compartment or anything!

Women have been allowed in the cabin for several years now. :rimshot:

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

They are supporting an unnatural act I do not approve.

acejackson42
Mar 27, 2005

You didn't say what I think you said...
At some point these terrorist shitheels are going to realize that outside of a day or two of seeing their wildest dreams fulfilled everything is going to turn right the hell back against them with even more passion than before.

Face it, you fucks. You can't demoralize the American people. It can't be done. You can have your little win, but christ almighty, Yankees and Red Sox fans will unite against you.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wN807-wxPW0

We can't win this war conventionally. You can't win this war unconventionally. We'all should probably figure this poo poo out somehow, right?

PS this message was written in 2423 and sent back from Earth 3. Nothing will ever change outside of the awesomeness of how normal people care for each other. It's the radicals that gently caress everything up and will always and forever gently caress everything up.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Pookah posted:

I don't think this has been posted yet. This is apparently a guy from the right-wing party in New Zealand, speaking before the gay-marriage vote. He's pretty great.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pCDEiaoEP2U

Fudge Handsome
Jan 29, 2011

Shall we do it?
Patton Oswalt posted a thing about the Boston bombing on his Facebook page. It's worth reading in its entirety, but one quote stuck out: The good outnumber you, and we always will.

Rabbit Hill
Mar 11, 2009

God knows what lives in me in place of me.
Grimey Drawer

Fudge Handsome posted:

Patton Oswalt posted a thing about the Boston bombing on his Facebook page. It's worth reading in its entirety, but one quote stuck out: The good outnumber you, and we always will.

That reminds me of my favorite quote from Martin Luther King, Jr:

quote:

I believe that unarmed truth and unconditional love will have the final word in reality. This is why right, temporarily defeated, is stronger than evil triumphant.

Lifts me up when the evil in the world seems overwhelming. :unsmith:

And so does this picture of a bear doing yoga. :3:

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER

Rabbit Hill posted:

That reminds me of my favorite quote from Martin Luther King, Jr:

Lifts me up when the evil in the world seems overwhelming. :unsmith:

And so does this picture of a bear doing yoga. :3:

You mean it's... Yoga Bear?

cptn_dr
Sep 7, 2011

Seven for beauty that blossoms and dies

I was so disappointed when my bus went down the Pakuranga highway yesterday morning and there was no gay onslaught :mad:

He tweeted this though, so it's all okay.

SheepNameKiller
Jun 19, 2004

Teddybear posted:

New York is like that one cousin you always punch in the arm when you see each other. The love is there but it's a scruffy kinda love. :3:

Nah, we really do hate you :) But if anyone's going to pick on Boston it's going to be us

Curiosity
Sep 12, 2012

Morton Haynice posted:

Amazing, I wish I could arrange for a couple of my friends to experience this. I've got to find a forensic artist...

user on probation
Nov 1, 2012

removed

Fudge Handsome posted:

You left out the puzzling dichotomy he sets up before that quote, though:

Patton Oswalt posted:

So when you spot violence, or bigotry, or intolerance or fear or just garden-variety misogyny, hatred or ignorance, just look it in the eye and think, "The good outnumber you, and we always will."

The people who regularly exhibit bigotry, intolerance, hatred, ignorance, fear, and/or misogyny either marginally or vastly outnumber The Good, depending on hard you decide to pay attention to them. Sometimes you have to do more than sit there and wait for these things to go away. Here's a wall of hundreds of Bostonians preventing the Westboro Baptist Church from harassing mourners today. They're not in their computer chair thinking about the inevitable triumph of good. I find this kind of thing far more uplifting than the fact that hey, most people don't blow people up.

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!

Chexoid
Nov 5, 2009

Now that I have this dating robot I can take it easy.
Who wants to see a corgi puppy with a floppy eeeaaarrrrr? :3::3::3:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2FmMjGQYO5I

fuzzy_logic
May 2, 2009

unfortunately hideous and irreverislbe

Have some adorable baby animal pictures: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3543002&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=1

Come on, little thread, people need you.

eta: HAVE SOME CATBUG AS WELL https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rnZdiR7YbN4

CATBUGGGGGGGGGGGG

fuzzy_logic has a new favorite as of 05:35 on Apr 19, 2013

Fudge Handsome
Jan 29, 2011

Shall we do it?

tehloki posted:

The people who regularly exhibit bigotry, intolerance, hatred, ignorance, fear, and/or misogyny either marginally or vastly outnumber The Good, depending on hard you decide to pay attention to them. Sometimes you have to do more than sit there and wait for these things to go away.

It's still inspirational. :smith: I'm not some kind of "like this page and end abuse" armchair activist. It was a nice quote and I thought people in this thread might find it uplifting, since that's what the thread's about. You're harshing my buzz here, guy. :(

Here, have these cats and this dog.

and then this odd cat.

forkbucket
Mar 9, 2008

Magnets are my only weakness.
Betcha he really enjoys....half'n'half! :v:

I'll show myself out.

Edit: This is as good a time as any to share a picture of my mom's kitten who's getting into those awkward, lanky, teenage years!

forkbucket has a new favorite as of 09:15 on Apr 19, 2013

Buzkashi
Feb 4, 2003
College Slice

Fudge Handsome posted:

and then this odd cat.

If his name is not Harvey Dent I will be disappointed

Edit: or her name, I guess that coloration is probably more prevalent in girl cats

Geolicious
Oct 21, 2003

Our posturings, our imagined self-importance, the delusion that we have some privileged position in the Universe, are challenged by this point of pale light. Our planet is a lonely speck in the great enveloping cosmic dark.
Lipstick Apathy

Buzkashi posted:

Edit: or her name, I guess that coloration is probably more prevalent in girl cats

I was going to say that was Venus the Cat, but Venus has dual eye coloring and a sharper halves.

Veev
Oct 21, 2010

K is for kid.
A guy or gal just like you.
Dont be in such a hurry to grow up, since there's nothin' a kid can't do.

Buzkashi posted:

That cat is Deathstroke, the colors are perfect. They're even on the right side of the face!

cptn_dr
Sep 7, 2011

Seven for beauty that blossoms and dies

Mazi-kitty?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kanfy
Jan 9, 2012

Just gotta keep walking down that road.

• Locked thread