Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Holdbrooks
Jan 1, 2005

NEAI 2015
RIDE ETERNAL SHINY AND CHROME
ONWARD TO THE HALLS OF RUSTHALLA

Seat Safety Switch posted:

Too bad it's only 7, or you could have FIVE WHOA or WOOP WOOP.

I guess you could do "5 WHOA."

hah, I can't sleep for some reason and cam back to say that WOOPWOO is available,

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sports
Sep 1, 2012
Obligatory "yeah, it's got a HEMI" bumper sticker

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.

dreesemonkey
May 14, 2008
Pillbug
NOT5OH

Frankenstein
Jul 29, 2005

BLUESBR
BLUESMB

Voting a Blues Brother variant as well.

Splizwarf
Jun 15, 2007
It's like there's a soup can in front of me!
MOSSAD

NOTFIAT

B. P. R. D.

G. C. P. D.

M. I. B. (and put striped 'Caution' tape around the trunk)

RIPJAKE

MISSION

BLUBIRD

VOLANTE

FBIHIFI

HELIPAD (and vinyl a yellow H and circle on the roof)

COPWHIP

2JZ-NOS

NOFTCHX (must get fantasy airbrushing)

TRANSAM (must vinyl a screaming chicken on the hood)

and my favorite generic one:

DINOPWR

Sinestro
Oct 31, 2010

The perfect day needs the perfect set of wheels.
It's a former CHP car, there is only one option: ESTRADA.

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

I AM THE SCALES OF JUSTICE, CONDUCTOR OF THE CHOIR OF DEATH!

Sinestro posted:

If you don't go with the BDR 529 option, this is pretty much perfect, just saying.

Boaz MacPhereson
Jul 11, 2006

Day 12045 Ht10hands 180lbs
No Name
No lumps No Bumps Full life Clean
Two good eyes No Busted Limbs
Piss OK Genitals intact
Multiple scars Heals fast
O NEGATIVE HI OCTANE
UNIVERSAL DONOR
Lone Road Warrior Rundown
on the Powder Lakes V8
No guzzoline No supplies
ISOLATE PSYCHOTIC
Keep muzzled...

Sinestro posted:

Voting this. Or MM CHIPS.

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

Going with cop stereotypes :
Dnknrun
Bkn8r
Pigsfly
Puldprk

Misc
Undrkvr

este
Feb 17, 2004

Boing!
Dinosaur Gum
COPFRTS

Previa_fun
Nov 10, 2004

este posted:

COPFRTS

COPGAS

In tribute to the thread title: DEADCOP :v:

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

If you have front plates:

3VOM

11BulletCatcher
Feb 27, 2010

This Cold Ass Honkey Ain't No Jive Turkey, Ya Dig?
You guys are making me want a Panther again. Anyone want to trade a p71 or Mercury interceptor for my Cadillac? Anyone?

Also, is it better to turbo or super a vic, in the context of street use, and what would it take to do it at a fair price? I dream of shutting up locals like the guy who spit on the Grand Marquis I sold my brother and called it a POS while revving his 90's 'Stang.

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

Obviously supercharged.

For the siren.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2lQX3cOAbes

Also, Mustang parts should be easy enough to source.

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

I AM THE SCALES OF JUSTICE, CONDUCTOR OF THE CHOIR OF DEATH!

Goddamn there is nothing sexier than the belt whine from a beefy supercharger setup :flashfap:

sports
Sep 1, 2012
MATLOCK

11BulletCatcher
Feb 27, 2010

This Cold Ass Honkey Ain't No Jive Turkey, Ya Dig?
Living

http://youtu.be/9rCu2aLr-rU

The

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t1JtC-d9KBQ

American

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QAWuHvVCI6g

Dream

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-vCU1EOlp7Y

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

THIS VIPER WAS BRAN NEW!!! :downs:

Someone should build a Grand Marquis de Sade. With spikes in the seat and leather everywhere.

wolrah
May 8, 2006
what?

11BulletCatcher posted:

Also, is it better to turbo or super a vic, in the context of street use, and what would it take to do it at a fair price? I dream of shutting up locals like the guy who spit on the Grand Marquis I sold my brother and called it a POS while revving his 90's 'Stang.

Supercharging is a lot simpler. From time to time kits have been available, though I'm not sure if that's currently the case, and in general stuff designed for equivalent Mustangs can be adapted with relative ease.

I'd like to see more turbo Panthers being messed with just because I love the sound of turbos spooling ever so slightly more than blower whine (though that's eargasmic in many cases as well), but it's not hard to see why they're not more common. For as large of a car as these are there are some tight spaces in inconvenient places as far as plumbing a turbo system is concerned.

sports
Sep 1, 2012
There's a common mod involving taking a Mustang manual transmission and putting it in an LTD.

If only it could be ~on column~ shifting. That would at least save time and precious hands real estate for the Chivas bottle, the burrito, and the occasional Pall Mall, in any combination.

Splizwarf
Jun 15, 2007
It's like there's a soup can in front of me!

wolrah posted:

For as large of a car as these are there are some tight spaces in inconvenient places as far as plumbing a turbo system is concerned.

Whatever, all I see is a large expanse of hood and fender to cut a pair of snail hatches out of. :haw:

Seriously, though, it makes me a little sad that there's not the bow room that there was in the '80s models. My '87 Grand Marquis had like a foot of air between the grille and the radiator (ask me about rear-ending a bread truck with no rad damage).

slurry_curry
Nov 26, 2003
<3mini-moni+animu^_^

wolrah posted:

Supercharging is a lot simpler. From time to time kits have been available, though I'm not sure if that's currently the case, and in general stuff designed for equivalent Mustangs can be adapted with relative ease.

This got me curious so I went looking. From one of the links in the new OP

ADTR supercharger system (2003+ Panthers)

From the page:

quote:

ADTR's 2004 CVPI put down 361 rear wheel horsepower and 365 rear wheel torque on 8 pounds of boost through a stock bottom end and stock transmission. Car was tuned on 91 octane and has Stainless Works full header/catback system.

Not sure how I feel about those numbers for a $5,400 kit, but it is a complete setup that can bolt right in......

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
'90's are still Panthers right? I'm checking out a friend's younger brother's 1990 LTD CV as a possible daily beater since my MS6 is going to be MIA another week and borrowing a car is annoying. Buddy says the little bro would let it go for $1000 and it's in amazing shape with little rust.

We shall see.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Yep It's a Panther, and it probably has the 5.0 liter.

If it's clean and runs good you can't go wrong for a grand.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

leica posted:

Yep It's a Panther, and it probably has the 5.0 liter.

If it's clean and runs good you can't go wrong for a grand.

Good to know. Just weighing options since I don't see myself getting my car back within the next week and I need a freaking vehicle!

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

You'd be able to drive it for fuel cost and maybe an oil change or two, and be able to make your money back and maybe more when you decide to sell it. Even if you put money into it like tires or brakes, etc. you should be able to make it all back as long as the car stays clean and runs good.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

leica posted:

You'd be able to drive it for fuel cost and maybe an oil change or two, and be able to make your money back and maybe more when you decide to sell it. Even if you put money into it like tires or brakes, etc. you should be able to make it all back as long as the car stays clean and runs good.

Very good to know. Gonna message the kid tomorrow and see if I can see it before lunch. I guess he wants a bike so the boat has to go.

BrokenKnucklez
Apr 22, 2008

by zen death robot
Bonus option!

You could easily drop in a 351 Windsor in its place easy enough. The deck height is a little bit more (about an inch or so), but if its easy to stuff in a Mustang, you should not have a problem stuffing it into an old Crown Vic.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Ahhh quit enabling my bad decisions.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Ha, more like you'll want a P71 after driving a Panther for awhile.

I guarantee nobody will gently caress with a P71 parked on your street :v:

Holdbrooks
Jan 1, 2005

NEAI 2015
RIDE ETERNAL SHINY AND CHROME
ONWARD TO THE HALLS OF RUSTHALLA
I just bought a new steering wheel with controls and hope to have a dealer her enable the cruise control and dome lights with the IDS tool next week. Do you guys know of any place that sell stuff to refurbish the front seats? Mine are not really torn up but the do seem a bit lumpy.

Corey Plumper
Nov 22, 2008

BrokenKnucklez posted:

Bonus option!

You could easily drop in a 351 Windsor in its place easy enough. The deck height is a little bit more (about an inch or so), but if its easy to stuff in a Mustang, you should not have a problem stuffing it into an old Crown Vic.

351s were actually a option from the factory, its about as close to a bolt in swap as you can get. I own a '90 myself so I've been fantasizing about a 351 for a while now.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Holdbrooks posted:

I just bought a new steering wheel with controls and hope to have a dealer her enable the cruise control and dome lights with the IDS tool next week. Do you guys know of any place that sell stuff to refurbish the front seats? Mine are not really torn up but the do seem a bit lumpy.

I would just look up a good local upholstery shop to "rebuild" them, or if you want to go all out throw some Town Car leather bucket seats in there.

blugu64
Jul 17, 2006

Do you realize that fluoridation is the most monstrously conceived and dangerous communist plot we have ever had to face?
Can you get cooled seats in a Town Car, or just heated? I can't quite seem to find any solid data either way.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
I'm sitting in my car checking my emails in front of the pet store and a gentleman just knocked on my window to report a suspicious looking bag on the sidewalk a couple stores down.

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug
Reminds me of the story of the PhD scoring a free upgrade to first class by putting "Doctor" on his tickets, only to end up being asked to help a fellow passenger in medical distress in-flight.

Farking Bastage
Sep 22, 2007

Who dey think gonna beat dem Bengos!
Something else I learned about the Coils on the Lincoln that most likely applies here: If they continue to fail, replace your VCG's. Oil intrusion is why they failed so often.

e: also replace the plugs

Farking Bastage fucked around with this message at 00:55 on Apr 20, 2013

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

14 INCH DETECTIVE posted:

I'm sitting in my car checking my emails in front of the pet store and a gentleman just knocked on my window to report a suspicious looking bag on the sidewalk a couple stores down.

Do you wear aviators?

Time to start. I'd grow a bitchin' handlebar mustache while you're at it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Farking Bastage posted:

Something else I learned about the Coils on the Lincoln that most likely applies here: If they continue to fail, replace your VCG's. Oil intrusion is why they failed so often.

Good to know, sure as hell won't hurt to do that when replacing the coils.