Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Helter Skelter
Feb 10, 2004

BEARD OF HAVOC

dis astranagant posted:

2 prototype RAC/2s and 3 tons of ammo is my guess.
Alternately, 2 RAC/5s and 7 tons of ammo. :haw:

Edit: I'm a bit curious about the other mechs, though. I'm guessing we'll be fairly PPC-heavy. Given that, I figure my Awesome is probably at least based off of the 8Q (maybe the 8V or 9M, but I kind of doubt it) and the Zeus off of the 6T.

Helter Skelter fucked around with this message at 18:33 on Apr 19, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gniwu
Dec 18, 2002

It would be interesting if Cameron's mech, being possessed by a ghost, wasn't affected by headshots and/or pilot hits at all. So you'd have to really take it apart completely - or wreck the engine - to kill it.

Wind Tempest
Oct 9, 2007

I am the culmination of all that is wrong with japan.

PoptartsNinja posted:

I don't want to ruin the surprise, but I will say that Hogarth has enough ammunition for nearly twelve turns of fully automatic fire.

Of Rotary Hollanders Gauss Rifles right? This is a story about a light Recon Lance right?

TildeATH
Oct 21, 2010

by Lowtax
I know Xarbala's Flashman wearing a toga didn't go over so well, but I would seriously like to see an Atlas II with a red bandana.

Ice Fist
Jun 20, 2012

^^ Please send feedback to beefstache911@hotmail.com, this is not a joke that 'stache is the real deal. Serious assessments only. ^^

TildeATH posted:

I know Xarbala's Flashman wearing a toga didn't go over so well, but I would seriously like to see an Atlas II with a red bandana.

Can it be smoking a giant cigar?

Rorahusky
Nov 12, 2012

Transform and waaauuuugh out!
Don't forget the 'Mech scale Bandolier!

TildeATH
Oct 21, 2010

by Lowtax
Ain't got time to overheat.

enigma74
Aug 5, 2005
a lean lobster who probably doesn't even taste good.

PoptartsNinja posted:

I don't want to ruin the surprise, but I will say that Hogarth has enough ammunition for nearly twelve turns of fully automatic fire.

Ahhhhhh, excellent!

SIGSEGV
Nov 4, 2010

PoptartsNinja posted:

So a RAC/20 and a bit under 15 tons ammo?

This is promising. Especially with a Ghost killing PPC.

Those poor single heatsinks are going to pop.

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

He is still almost definitely not a spy

Soiled Meat
Hogarth’s Heroes: Tactical Update 1

A vast parachute opened with a deafening ‘floomph,’ rising in a great dome over General Hogarth’s head. His Atlas’s descent to the ground went surprisingly smoothly—which was no surprise since his massive Assault `Mech had never left the surface of Tharkad. The viewers would never see the array of forty-odd industrial fans at his `Mech’s feet, or that the snow moving past as he fell was being blown upwards by those massive fans.

The scene repeated two more times flawlessly, but as Andrew Steiner’s chute opened it fouled, the great dome collapsed and the great sheets of “silk” began corkscrewing wildly in a way that would never slow a “parachuting” `Mech.

“Goddamn it, Andrew,” Hogarth shook his head, when not in his “General Hogarth” persona his voice wasn’t quite as strong or heroic. “We can fix that in post, right? Let’s fix that in post. We don’t have time for reshoots.”

Primary Objectives
Rescue Melissa Steiner and Clovis Holstein (0/2)
Defeat Richard Cameron (0/1)

Secondary Objectives
One of Hogarth’s Heroes“dies” dramatically, but no more than one (0/1)
Hogarth kills the ghost with his Ghost-Killer PPC (0/1)
Cross the Streams (0/4)

Hidden Objectives
[Unknown]
[Unknown]

Key:
Blue1) Atlas II
Blue2) Awesome
Blue3) Banshee
Blue4) Zeus

Enemy `Mech Key
Red1) Battlemaster – stationary, 0
Red2) Dragon – Stationary, 0
Red3) Kintaro – Stationary, 0
Red4) Black Knight – Stationary, 0
Red5) Panther 1 – Stationary, 0
Red6) Javelin – Stationary, 0
Red7) Wolf Trap – Stationary, 0
Red8) Panther 2 – Stationary, 0

Player `Mech Status

Enemy `Mech Status

Attention, Mechwarriors! You will be receiving a PM / E-Mail soon.

PoptartsNinja fucked around with this message at 21:09 on Apr 19, 2013

anakha
Sep 16, 2009

RAC-5! :neckbeard:

And all those PPCs :swoon:

Alchenar
Apr 9, 2008

PoptartsNinja posted:

Attention, Mechwarriors! You will be receiving a PM / E-Mail soon.

One of them's totally a secret traitor.

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost
I wanted Death Race: Clan Edition, but this still looks like it will be hilarious and awesome.

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
I'm loving those OpFor names.

KnoxZone
Jan 27, 2007

If I die before I Wake, I pray the Lord my soul to take.
Going to make for good entertainment when both RACs jam on the first shot. What is a battle without good drama? Also wondering if this means that DHS and LB-10X are now produced IS equipment.

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Keep on GOP rolling rolling rolling rolling.

That atlas is a cruel cruel thing to spring on people.

its alpha strike if every thing hits will do 100 damage.

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

Soiled Meat
GhostStalker, I know you're around but both your forum name and provided e-mail address have failed. Try to get me a replacement ASAP or I'll have to call in an alternate!

Infected
Oct 17, 2012

Salt Incarnate

Alchenar posted:

One of them's totally a secret traitor.

It's the Awesome. It's a Ghost, the weapons don't generate any heat. Just like the dead.

TildeATH
Oct 21, 2010

by Lowtax
Wait a minute, it's an Awesome ghost variant? Is that Awesome this Awesome: :iia:

Bobbin Threadbare
Jan 2, 2009

I'm looking for a flock of urbanmechs.

Since the opposing force is fairly strung out across the map, I suppose the first thing to do would be to warm up those PPC's on the Panther duo in the corner there.

Friar John
Aug 3, 2007

Saint Francis be my speed! how oft to-night
Have my old feet stumbled at graves!
There better be rules for having one mech jump in front of another to save it from being hit by enemy fire!

Magni
Apr 29, 2009
Wow, that Atlas and Awesome are nasty machines. The Atlas has nice mid-long range firepwoer with the PPC and RACs and will just buzzsaw through anything that comes into range of those medium pulse lasers. And the Awesome is pretty much a showcase for why DHS rock: It's the exact classic one save that you can fire the PPCs in salvoes of 4-4-3 instead of 3-3-2.

TheParadigm
Dec 10, 2009

Hmn. Why is Red 4, the Black Knight, glowing?

Chaos341
Aug 13, 2010

TheParadigm posted:

Because its a ghost?

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

This is me on vacation in Amsterdam :)
Never be afraid of being yourself!

TheParadigm posted:

Special effects

SIGSEGV
Nov 4, 2010

Looks like the banshee has no SRM ammo.

Also I guess the improved heatsinks everywhere are a product of the weather that'll get edited out in post or artistic license about mech heat.

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

Soiled Meat

SIGSEGV posted:

Looks like the banshee has no SRM ammo.

Whoops. I'll fix that. IIRC it's got one ton of ammo.

SIGSEGV posted:

Also I guess the improved heatsinks everywhere are a product of the weather that'll get edited out in post or artistic license about mech heat.

Duncan Marik gave everyone (except the Capellans) a copy of the Helm Memory Core.

KnoxZone
Jan 27, 2007

If I die before I Wake, I pray the Lord my soul to take.

PoptartsNinja posted:

Duncan Marik gave everyone (except the Capellans) a copy of the Helm Memory Core.

Duncan Marik is a goddamn bro. LBX and XL Engines for all.

SIGSEGV
Nov 4, 2010

PoptartsNinja posted:

Delightful. I guess it is somewhat hard to forgive when they were murdering hostages a few weeks back (or is it more? I've lost track of in-universe time) but I hope he excluded the NRWR as well. Not like it's going to matter anyways since the Comstar/ROM coring will leak it back in a jiffy.

It that ghost mech an actual Ghost Mech or just a mech that happens to be a ghost?

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

Soiled Meat

SIGSEGV posted:

Delightful. I guess it is somewhat hard to forgive when they were murdering hostages a few weeks back (or is it more? I've lost track of in-universe time)

It's been over a year.

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

This is me on vacation in Amsterdam :)
Never be afraid of being yourself!

SIGSEGV posted:

Delightful. I guess it is somewhat hard to forgive when they were murdering hostages a few weeks back (or is it more? I've lost track of in-universe time) but I hope he excluded the NRWR as well. Not like it's going to matter anyways since the Comstar/ROM coring will leak it back in a jiffy.

It that ghost mech an actual Ghost Mech or just a mech that happens to be a ghost?

We'll find out when they shoot at it!

Affi
Dec 18, 2005

Break bread wit the enemy

X GON GIVE IT TO YA
Oh god Phantom Mech..

Secret objectives better be:

Get shot in the back by the traitor

and

DFA

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012
There isn't going to be a traitor. One of the Heroes is merely going to be possessed by Richard Cameron.

Bobbin Threadbare
Jan 2, 2009

I'm looking for a flock of urbanmechs.

SIGSEGV posted:

The Capellans also have the interesting distinction of being at war with the Free Worlds League, so it's not terribly surprising he wouldn't leak technical information to an active enemy.

Wales Grey
Jun 20, 2012
Is that a... ghost castle? What's the CF of its parts?

Rorahusky
Nov 12, 2012

Transform and waaauuuugh out!

Affi posted:

Oh god Phantom Mech..

Secret objectives better be:

Get shot in the back by the traitor

and

DFA

Too bad that none of the Heroes have Jumpjets. Better find a convenient cliff to ramp off of, Action Hero style!

Also, I really dig the new 'Mech icon graphics Poptarts. Clearly Hogarth is sparing no expense with his special effects!

Edit: Looking over the terrain, it saddens me that there are no cliffs for Battlemechs to leap from in order to crush their enemies beneath their heels.

It is a crime that some dinky little Capellan Po had a more badass moment of impromptu DFAing that this movie will have because the stunt co-ordinator forgot to install a disguised ramp.

Rorahusky fucked around with this message at 00:18 on Apr 20, 2013

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
tHAT'S REALLY ALL THERE IS,
tO REPORT ON THE SUBJECT,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

I'm looking forward to the part where the supposedly staged battle goes hot when someone turns out to have real weapons. Like maybe someone's trying to assassinate Hogarth, or that really is the ghost of Cameron.

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012
One of the secret objectives has to be "Punch an enemy in the face with your Atlas" :colbert:.

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.

Rorahusky posted:

Too bad that none of the Heroes have Jumpjets. Better find a convenient cliff to ramp off of, Action Hero style!

Also, I really dig the new 'Mech icon graphics Poptarts. Clearly Hogarth is sparing no expense with his special effects!

Yeah, the production values on this scenario are fantastic; I just noticed that all the little 'Mech icons have a little purple diamond that indicates their facing, too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SIGSEGV
Nov 4, 2010

Bobbin Threadbare posted:

The Capellans also have the interesting distinction of being at war with the Free Worlds League, so it's not terribly surprising he wouldn't leak technical information to an active enemy.

Great IS political leaders have been known to make bigger miscalculations while still being heralded as heroes so I think things will be just peachy.

• Locked thread