Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which show has the most (current or future) jobbers wrestling on it?
This poll is closed.
WWE NXT 62 16.36%
WWE Superstars 75 19.79%
WWE Saturday Morning Slam - lmao this thread is old 24 6.33%
WWE Main Event 22 5.80%
Impact Wrestling 196 51.72%
Total: 379 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

I love that Slam has apparently nicked the match graphics from Tekken.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
Wouldn't it be really easy to just strip the vocals from the sound mix for Henry's music and do an instrumental?

spongeh
Mar 22, 2009

BREADAGRAM OF PROTECTION

El Gallinero Gros posted:

Wouldn't it be really easy to just strip the vocals from the sound mix for Henry's music and do an instrumental?

I think that's what they did, it was hard to hear at all though.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

El Gallinero Gros posted:

Just an endless loop of 'whoa hey whoa hey whoa hey'

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

It's not that kind of test.

flashy_mcflash posted:

Just an endless loop of 'whoa hey whoa hey whoa hey'

Somebody's gonna get their BUTT kicked, somebody's gonna get their wig split.

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer
I believe you mean:

Chinston Wurchill posted:

Somebody's gonna get their BUTT kicked, somebody's gonna get their twig split.

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

Main Event recap for tonight: Jobbers flail wit Khali; Gabriel was in this?; Barret wins dirty against Gabriel

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

April 17, 2013

IC Title shot battle royal
Winner of battle royal vs. Wade Barrett

Alex Riley spotted! Drew Mac kip up! Jumping out of hot air balloons! Lots of recaps!

Perry Normal
Jul 23, 2010

Humans disgust me. Vile creatures.
I really enjoyed the IC title match. Debated whether or not to give it an Honourable Mention nod in the MOTY thread. Decided it was short of that, but still a very nice little match.

Cromulent
Dec 22, 2002

People are under a lot of stress, Bradley.

Perry Normal posted:

I really enjoyed the IC title match. Debated whether or not to give it an Honourable Mention nod in the MOTY thread. Decided it was short of that, but still a very nice little match.
I'm glad you said this, because I've been skipping Main Event for the past few weeks since it turned into Superstars 2. Very good little match, and it's a shame Gabriel isn't used on TV more. I don't expect him to be having matches this long on Raw or anything, but they don't even put the guy on Smackdown.

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

Yeah, Gabriel is a good worker and would make a fine midcard staple if he could talk or had a manager. He's had a number of really good b-show matches with Barrett and Cesaro over the past few months. I hope him and Kidd get a run with the tag titles after Tyson recovers from his injury.

April 17, 2013

Leo Kruger vs. Justin Gabriel
Axxess Segment
Paige interview
Emma vs. Bayley
Yoshi Tatsu vs. Bray Wyatt
Live events promo with hilarious Kane/DB interview
Corey Graves vs. Seth Rollins

Chinston Wurchill fucked around with this message at 02:12 on Apr 19, 2013

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

It was fun back in the Nexus days when they were using Gabriel as the guy who would kill people with the 450 after Nexus beat them up. Not a lot of reason they couldn't be doing big things with that guy, but, WWE.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

DeathChicken posted:

It was fun back in the Nexus days when they were using Gabriel as the guy who would kill people with the 450 after Nexus beat them up. Not a lot of reason they couldn't be doing big things with that guy, but, WWE.

He's one of those guys, like Magnus in TNA, that is not a horrible worker and would be fantastic as a good-looking poster boy for advertising and press appearances and stuff, but for some reason is rarely used for this, or anything.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Chinston Wurchill posted:

Yeah, Gabriel is a good worker and would make a fine midcard staple if he could talk or had a manager. He's had a number of really good b-show matches with Barrett and Cesaro over the past few months. I hope him and Kidd get a run with the tag titles after Tyson recovers from his injury.

April 17, 2013

AJ vs. Kaitlyn
Cesaro vs. I forget
Brad Maddox vs. Big E
Barrett vs. Bo

Match list based on memory from last week's preview. Will edit once I've watched.

Its Clash of the Champions next week, this week's main event is Corey Graves vs Seth Rollins.

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!
Describing Gabriel as not horrible seems kind of uncharitable.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Halloween Jack posted:

Describing Gabriel as not horrible seems kind of uncharitable.

I was describing Magnus more with that statement, but I consider Gabriel 'not horrible' compared to, say, Neville/Gray on NXT which is still pretty darn good. The only real issue I have with Gabriel is him looking like he's hurting himself with his finisher, which may be more realistic but it always makes me wonder why you wouldn't just pick another move if you're rupturing your spleen every time you hit it.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

The Axxess video is worth watching NXT for alone.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

flashy_mcflash posted:

He's one of those guys, like Magnus in TNA, that is not a horrible worker and would be fantastic as a good-looking poster boy for advertising and press appearances and stuff, but for some reason is rarely used for this, or anything.
I remember WWE thinking that Bo Dallas would appeal to the women demo because he is "good" looking which makes me wonder why they haven't really pushed Justin since anytime he's on NXT you'll hear the women falling for him.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

achillesforever6 posted:

I remember WWE thinking that Bo Dallas would appeal to the women demo because he is "good" looking which makes me wonder why they haven't really pushed Justin since anytime he's on NXT you'll hear the women falling for him.

Also Rollins has much the same reaction, and Justin doesn't have the famous parent that seems to make WWE's higher ups piss themselves in excitement.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

Emma doing the Tarantula :swoon:
E: What was Bailey's theme it sounds really familiar?

spongeh
Mar 22, 2009

BREADAGRAM OF PROTECTION

achillesforever6 posted:

Emma doing the Tarantula :swoon:
E: What was Bailey's theme it sounds really familiar?

Re-used Divas theme, I forget who had it originally. Layla's or Eve's old theme maybe?

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

:lol: That Hell No World Tour Promo :lol:

And holy poo poo that promo by Bray :stare:

Suben
Jul 1, 2007

In 1985 Dr. Strange makes a rap album.
It's been suggested before but I really want them to call Emma up and pair her with Fandango.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

I love that in this lumberjack match everyone hates Seth and holy poo poo the editing at the end was headache inducing.

Matlock
Sep 12, 2004

Childs Play Charity 2011 Total: $1755
Not sure that Emma being a lovable bumbler and using the Muta Lock mesh much.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

Matlock posted:

Not sure that Emma being a lovable bumbler and using the Muta Lock mesh much.

She uses the Muta Lock AND the Tarantula.

How long until she starts spraying mist?

Draga
Dec 9, 2011

WASHI JA!
That Emma sign in the crowd was fantastic.

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

I'm just a sick guy, I'm really just a dirty guy.
I loved how everybody except for the Shield was useless. NXT continues to be the most enjoyable WWE show.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Bard Maddox posted:

I loved how everybody except for the Shield was useless. NXT continues to be the most enjoyable WWE show.

That was pretty much the NXT JOB Squad around the ring, you can tell because the ones you need to pay attention to are always good looking. Nobody worries about ugly fucks getting beaten up.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

achillesforever6 posted:

I love that in this lumberjack match everyone hates Seth and holy poo poo the editing at the end was headache inducing.

What was the editing?

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

KungFu Grip posted:

What was the editing?
I meant all those camera cuts with the Shield running in and I felt like my head was spinning.

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

Am I wrong for saying that the Divas match was really good?

Matlock
Sep 12, 2004

Childs Play Charity 2011 Total: $1755

Draga posted:

That Emma sign in the crowd was fantastic.

It was made either by someone here or on Reddit.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Liar Lyre posted:

Am I wrong for saying that the Divas match was really good?

No, just about everything Emma does is entertaining.

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

Loved Big E wearing a Cesaro shirt in the Axxess promo. Huh, based on live event promos they may run a tables match at Extreme Rules for Cena/Ryback - flashbacks to Sheamus/Cena from a few years back. They should do breathrough battle royals on a yearly basis. Holy poo poo that Emma sign was horrifying! Wow, Emma can go. I hope she does okay in the long run. Decent enough main event but I was hoping for a more interesting outcome.

Fart Radio
Sep 7, 2010

@Therock hey man check it... You ever kill a man or no? Hit me up. ;)
Tables matches are Cena's weakness. It's probably the only gimmick match he has a losing record in, solely because it allows for the flukiest looking losses. "Oh look, Cena slipped and fell through a table! What a shocking loss!"

Of course, Cena will likely win at ER, because it seems like the booking recently is geared to wiping out every last one of Cena's bugaboos.

Jay 2K Winger
Oct 10, 2007

What are you looking for?

njsykora posted:

No, just about everything Emma does is entertaining.

It's Emmatainment!

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

achillesforever6 posted:

And holy poo poo that promo by Bray :stare:

"I am the eater of worlds." :munch:

One day he's going to cut an Austin 3:16 or Vegas Pipebomb level promo in WWE that's going to drive us all nuts, and I can't wait for it.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

I think, only thought lack of exposure that he hasn't cut a promo of that level already. He's easily got it in him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

VogeGandire posted:

She uses the Muta Lock AND the Tarantula.

How long until she starts spraying mist?
Best Part was William marking out and talking about Tajiri

• Locked thread