Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Artificer
Apr 8, 2010

You're going to try ponies and you're. Going. To. LOVE. ME!!
Hard to go wrong with Hell March, really.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Isizzlehorn
Feb 25, 2010

:lesnick::lesnick::lesnick::lesnick::lesnick::lesnick:

Falken posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xlTm0KDHbu8

I enjoyed the hell out of this video for some reason.

Pretty much lost it when the helicopters fly by.

Red Alert :allears:

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
That's actually some really great editing.

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER

paragon1 posted:

That's actually some really great editing.

You said it :allears:

Wait, maybe that's how Olympic-level Tankwondo is done- not with WW2, Cold War or 'modern' tanks, but crazy sci-fi tanks. Wouldn't be very different from comparing regular bows to Olympic bows.

Miho seems like a Mirage Tank commander to me, honestly.

Ihmemies
Oct 6, 2012

Pity that the video uses some lovely cover version of Hell march. Haven't they ever played Red Alert?! http://open.spotify.com/track/6Yyt7aFBMAxp0Eqzb1XGtl

Rexides
Jul 25, 2011

Ihmemies posted:

Pity that the video uses some lovely cover version of Hell march. Haven't they ever played Red Alert?! http://open.spotify.com/track/6Yyt7aFBMAxp0Eqzb1XGtl

Just in case you are not being sarcastic (I would definitely be, that version is the worst one), it's Hell March 2 from Red Alert 2.

Hell March 1 would be best, but I would be just as happy with Hell March 3.

lodoubt
Apr 9, 2012

by Y Kant Ozma Post

The notion of a tank with the same design principles is horrifying

Ihmemies
Oct 6, 2012

Rexides posted:

Just in case you are not being sarcastic (I would definitely be, that version is the worst one), it's Hell March 2 from Red Alert 2.

I installed C&C - Red Alert from the original cd's. That installer... :drat:

The above "Hell March" track in Red Alert sounds the same. What I'm doing wrong?

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

That video is amazing. :D

Ihmemies posted:

The Red Alert 2 installer will always have a special place in my heart. Insert the disc and then all of a sudden you hear:
WARNING, MILITARY SOFTWARE DETECTED. TOP SECRET CLEARANCE REQUIRED.
Not to mention it mentioning SEAL teams were being dispatched as you were entering the CD Key. :allears:

My only real niggle was that you had to watch the intro if you had to reinstall the game. Not that it's a bad one but still kinda annoying the third or so time.

Rexides posted:

Well at least he didn't use any of the remixes of HM1 and 2 that came with RA3. While I wouldn't call that really bad they're just not that good compared to HM1 and 2.

Anime_Otaku
Dec 6, 2009

The Monkey Man posted:

Also, don't think too hard about why there were so many bombed-out buildings in the final match.

The match takes place at the JGSDF tank training grounds, presumably it's meant to be like that to train for urban combat.

Wallrod
Sep 27, 2004
Stupid Baby Picture
Here's a stupid awesome gif edit: that actually works!

Wallrod fucked around with this message at 11:54 on Apr 12, 2013

EdEddnEddy
Apr 5, 2012

Ihmemies posted:

The above "Hell March" track in Red Alert sounds the same. What I'm doing wrong?

The installers were some of the extra perks of past Westwood games. The one for C&C Renegade was also very cool.

Sadly since the EA buyout, every game since has just had the default boring as hell installer like everything else.

RIP Westwood. :cry:

At least it looks like they are trying to make a comeback in their new F2P RTS game. We will see.

And on the hell march note, I still have the Red Alert Music CD in my car ready at all times. Skip to track 10 and hope there is no traffic.

Falken
Jan 26, 2004

Do you feel like a hero yet?
Well, I think I'm probably going to end up bankrupt this month. I'm planning to build a glass display case for various things. It was intended to be just racing cars such as Formula One or GT/LMP but I just ended up buying some Dragon Armor models. Namely Panzer IV Ausf. F1, Panzer IV Ausf.G 7, and a late model Jagdpanther.

Oh dear. And I've already got my eye on a Jagdpanzer 38(t) (Hetzer) and StuG III...

Falken
Jan 26, 2004

Here, have the anime's rendition of Panzerlied with the Battle of the Bulge 1965 vocals.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E9c8C2K-TtE

I would love to see a version of the scene from Battle of the Bulge. Shiho standing amongst a bunch of Black Forest Peak girls in full uniform, and suddenly Maho or Erika go "Ob's stürmt oder schneit, Ob die Sonne uns lacht, Der Tag glühend heiß Oder eiskalt die Nacht..."

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

Falken posted:

Well, I think I'm probably going to end up bankrupt this month. I'm planning to build a glass display case for various things. It was intended to be just racing cars such as Formula One or GT/LMP but I just ended up buying some Dragon Armor models. Namely Panzer IV Ausf. F1, Panzer IV Ausf.G 7, and a late model Jagdpanther.

Oh dear. And I've already got my eye on a Jagdpanzer 38(t) (Hetzer) and StuG III...

I've been meaning to do the same and buy some tank model kits. Granted I'm more into the modern stuff as I've set my eye on a Leopard 2 Strv122 kit that came out recently. And then also one of the Tamiya Abrams kits.
Even if I'm running out of space in my glass display case between the airplane kits and the WH40k stuff already in there. :v:
And I still have a Dragon Stryker MGS kit that needs to be built as well.

A friend of mine linked this one on twitter earlier.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=19DSECDM75c

Artificer
Apr 8, 2010

What's the significance of the music there, if any?

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

Artificer posted:

What's the significance of the music there, if any?

Other than someone recreating the opening for Gundam Wing and the ending for the original Mobile Suit Gundam pretty much shot by shot not much really. v:v:v
I just thought it was a cool GuP related video that's all.

Artificer
Apr 8, 2010

Cooked Auto posted:

Other than someone recreating the opening for Gundam Wing and the ending for the original Mobile Suit Gundam pretty much shot by shot not much really. v:v:v
I just thought it was a cool GuP related video that's all.

Nah, I liked it. I just felt like I was missing something, that's all.

Command Ant
Aug 9, 2010

I can make you
worth your weight
in gold!
STUG 4 LIFE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ig8bA6jXjTQ

Falken
Jan 26, 2004

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9keZaaAGBsE
Best StuG video on the internets.

Also, It would have been awesome if Nonna spoke in Russian all the time. Her VA's Russian dialect and accent is really good. I'm guessing she knows Russian?

Falken
Jan 26, 2004

Oh yes. :3:

Rexides
Jul 25, 2011

The most dignified anime figurine collection.

Falken
Jan 26, 2004

Yeah, I intend to get a few more. Namely a Tiger I, Hetzer, StuG III and a T-34 or KV-1. The Panzer IVs are by Panzerstahl and were around £10 each, and the Jagdpanther is Dragon Armor and was about £22.

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

And here I almost thought you meant model kits instead of already finished die cast stuff. Ah well.

Magni
Apr 29, 2009

The Monkey Man posted:

Also, don't think too hard about why there were so many bombed-out buildings in the final match.

IIRC they actually did adress it in the supplementary materials.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:
Doing the two week trial of Crunchyroll because Netflix is sliding into the shitter. This was definitely fun to watch.

Cless Alvein
May 25, 2007
Bloopity Bloo

Cooked Auto posted:

A friend of mine linked this one on twitter earlier.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=19DSECDM75c

God drat did this make me nostalgic to watch those 2 shows again.

The Monkey Man
Jun 10, 2012

HERD U WERE TALKIN SHIT
Apparently, Yukari will be appearing on some Japanese Self-Defense Force DVD.

Falken
Jan 26, 2004

Watching that with a vengence.

Also, I got two more 1/72s!

Tiger I

Porsche Tiger :3:

I can't find a Panzer IV AUSF.H with it's lovely secondary armor plating anywhere. :(

e: Haha, watching Episode 2 again, and after Yukari hugs the 38(t) her cheek is covered in dirt. This show is really good at details.

Falken fucked around with this message at 16:37 on Apr 17, 2013

The Monkey Man
Jun 10, 2012

HERD U WERE TALKIN SHIT
Preview images of the 5th OVA are available here. Erwin is featured quite heavily:

http://girls-und-panzer.jp/pro_bddvd_5.html

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER

The Monkey Man posted:

Preview images of the 5th OVA are available here. Erwin is featured quite heavily:

Erwin and Yukari's Big Winter Adventure™? I can dig it; at least we can be sure it'd be light on the fanservice.

Artificer
Apr 8, 2010

CommissarMega posted:

Erwin and Yukari's Big Winter Adventure™? I can dig it; at least we can be sure it'd be light on the fanservice.

Goddammit. Every time I see Yukari I STILL think of a lady with an umbrella in a huge frilly dress and frilly hat.

Command Ant
Aug 9, 2010

I can make you
worth your weight
in gold!

The Monkey Man posted:

It wouldn't surprise me if Erwin and Yukari are the two most popular characters.

Nine of Eight
Apr 28, 2011

LICK IT OFF, AND PUT IT BACK IN
Dinosaur Gum

Joining in on the tanks with my 1:35s. Clockwise from top left: Panther Ausf B or C ish in ahistorical alpenflage like colours (never use left over games workshop paints), Unpainted M26 Pershing, Unpainted IS-3.

Nine of Eight fucked around with this message at 02:55 on Apr 20, 2013

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Artificer posted:

Goddammit. Every time I see Yukari I STILL think of a lady with an umbrella in a huge frilly dress and frilly hat.

Same here :hfive: Strangely enough, I still haven't found any crossover fanart of the two.

Command Ant posted:

It wouldn't surprise me if Erwin and Yukari are the two most popular characters.

Now that you mention it, it really isn't :)

Bakanogami
Dec 31, 2004

Grimey Drawer
It's amazing just how much of an effect GuP has had in Japan for a series that had attracted very little attention before coming out.

Events for goods in Akiba have had crowds at nearly unsafe levels, it's single-handedly saved the modeling industry as kits of any tanks that wer in the show have been selling as fast as they can stock them, and the town of Ooarai has latched onto it as a huge cash cow and has already had at least one festival with a real tank or two in attendance.

My favorite part is that the hotel that had a Matilda run into it during the fight against St. Gloriana is a real place, and after that episode has had a massive boom in business. The owner asked the director on twitter if he could blow it up in season 2.

Command Ant posted:

I've gotten the impression that Yukari is probably the most popular character of the main cast, with most of the rest of Ankou team having to compete with popular side characters like Darjeeling or Katchushka. History team is vastly under appreciated IMO.

Maruyama became my favorite character once I realized that she has no lines (until the last episode) and is staring off into space in some random direction different from everyone else in pretty much every shot.

Carteret
Nov 10, 2012

Automotive team is the superior team.

Rolling repairs? None more badass. :colbert:

Zettace
Nov 30, 2009
Yeah, Saki is pretty great because she's always off doing her own thing. For example, reading a manga while the rest of her team is researching the school's history of sensha-do. Or looking in the wrong direction as everyone in their team cut in. Or when everyone is pulling on the rope, she's not helping.

ArchangeI
Jul 15, 2010
For like the first half of the championship, team history club were the only ones worth a drat outside of the protagonists. The rest was just undergunned and underskilled.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bakanogami
Dec 31, 2004

Grimey Drawer

ArchangeI posted:

For like the first half of the championship, team history club were the only ones worth a drat outside of the protagonists. The rest was just undergunned and underskilled.

Come to think of it, did the volleyball team get a single kill in the entire show?

• Locked thread