Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

reichsten
Jan 13, 2010

cheapandugly posted:

New haul today....

The Residents - Eskimo
The Residents - Intermission
Laurie Anderson - Mister Heartbreak

Nice art-rock pickups! Eskimo is one of the best Residents records, though there's a lot of classics in the catalog

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Juaguocio
Jun 5, 2005

Oh, David...
My ANCIIENTS collection is growing! Got the limited blue double LP of Heart of Oak in the mail today.

Ron Burgundy
Dec 24, 2005
This burrito is delicious, but it is filling.
Happy Record Store day 2013 everyone (+ GMT)

"Put that $90 Flaming Lips box set down, you don't need it."

put both hands in
Nov 28, 2007

:swoon:FYFE:swoon:
My local record store actually had some RSD items this year, so I picked up The White Stripes - Elephant and Nick Cave & The Bad Seed - Animal X 7". They also had a bunch of copies of the Tame Impala but I'm not into that band enough to bother getting it.

Bliggers-
Dec 1, 2006
Back in business
gently caress I forgot about that Nick Cave single. poo poo.

I'd like to get the Jandek box but I have serious doubts it's gonna be anywhere near me.

strap on revenge
Apr 8, 2011

that's my thing that i say
I got some cool stuff but my budget ran out after the third store so I didn't get to go to two of the stores I wanted to, but oh well.

This is interesting for me because I haven't actually heard any of these albums in full yet.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
I think Heroes is my favourite Bowie album so enjoy that!

I, Butthole
Jun 30, 2007

Begin the operations of the gas chambers, gas schools, gas universities, gas libraries, gas museums, gas dance halls, and gas threads, etcetera.
I DEMAND IT

david puddy posted:

I got some cool stuff but my budget ran out after the third store so I didn't get to go to two of the stores I wanted to, but oh well.

This is interesting for me because I haven't actually heard any of these albums in full yet.

Where'd you go? I know one of my photographer mates had his friends spread out over four different stores (JCBM, Tyms, Rockinghorse and Record Exchange) and I'm interested in seeing what the crowds are like. More than likely I'll end up going into Tyms tomorrow to pick up a backlog of online ordered stuff and pick over the remains.

strap on revenge
Apr 8, 2011

I, Butthole posted:

Where'd you go? I know one of my photographer mates had his friends spread out over four different stores (JCBM, Tyms, Rockinghorse and Record Exchange) and I'm interested in seeing what the crowds are like. More than likely I'll end up going into Tyms tomorrow to pick up a backlog of online ordered stuff and pick over the remains.

I started at Rockaway at Carindale, was done there by about 9:30 and then drove in to West End and went to JCBM (they have like, nothing left btw) and Egg Records. Egg didn't have any RSD stuff at all but drat I love Egg Records :allears:

If I still had more money I would have gone to Rocking Horse, Record Exchange and Kill The Music.

e: drat this ATDI disc is pretty :swoon:

It looks like the sun

\/\/\/ Hvarf/Heim was a RSD release last year, it's been selling on eBay for ~$100 for a long while now (also no)

strap on revenge fucked around with this message at 04:47 on Apr 20, 2013

iostream.h
Mar 14, 2006
I want your happy place to slap you as it flies by.

Well, it's nice to see that Hvarf/Heim is already being hawked on Discogs, one for $65 and one for $141. I don't suppose anyone here got an extra to unload did they?

Edit: ^^^^ I noticed that but I just looked again on the RSD.co.uk site and it's there for this year, unless I've finally snapped.
Yup, just looked again and carefully checked the date, it's listed on the 2013 PDF.

iostream.h fucked around with this message at 05:13 on Apr 20, 2013

I, Butthole
Jun 30, 2007

Begin the operations of the gas chambers, gas schools, gas universities, gas libraries, gas museums, gas dance halls, and gas threads, etcetera.
I DEMAND IT

david puddy posted:

I started at Rockaway at Carindale, was done there by about 9:30 and then drove in to West End and went to JCBM (they have like, nothing left btw) and Egg Records. Egg didn't have any RSD stuff at all but drat I love Egg Records :allears:

Didn't expect JCBM would, but considering what they had shipment wise compared to what they put in I didn't not expect that. I'll probably end up looking on eBay in four months and getting most stuff people are trying to flip for close to retail price anyhoo. The only real thing that I want is that Reservoir Dogs soundtrack and Sigur Ros...and they're from last year, but for some reason Australia's only getting it this year?

Ah well, Tym's it is tomorrow for the new Wavves and The Downward Spiral for my NIN collection!

I Might Be Adam
Jun 12, 2007

Skip the Waves, Syncopate
Forwards Backwards

I live down the street from one of the better music/record stores in the city and I just drove by on my way home and saw about 5-8 people bundled up in blankets and and jackets (it's about 60 degrees right now) camping out in front of the store. They've got about 12 hrs to go. Who knows how long they've been there. Oh RSD :allears:

strap on revenge
Apr 8, 2011

I am going to go down to Atlantis Music at Southport sometime during the week, I need to go to the GC to organise travel insurance. Will see what they've got floating around, and go for a good look at the used stuff. I haven't been down there for months.

WASDF
Jul 29, 2011

david puddy posted:

e: drat this ATDI disc is pretty :swoon:

It looks like the sun

Hnnnngh! I want it but I don't have the money ;_;

in RSD news though for you sad, slowcore/shoegaze/drone fans Planning for Burial (former label-mate of Have A Nice Life) is putting out another Cassette EP thing
http://musicruinslives.bigcartel.com/product/planning-for-burial-glowing-windows-walk-alone-cs

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
I saw Reservoir Dogs at my local JB yesterday for a normal price.

strap on revenge
Apr 8, 2011

The store I started at had a few copies but I think they all went in the first 5ish minutes. They're pretty readily available on the internet anyway

I, Butthole
Jun 30, 2007

I DEMAND IT

david puddy posted:

The store I started at had a few copies but I think they all went in the first 5ish minutes. They're pretty readily available on the internet anyway

Yeah, it's just the :10bux: at the moment. I should just sell my stupid Jack White invert thunderbolt and get that and a new normal copy of Blunderbuss.

Ron Burgundy
Dec 24, 2005
I work night shift so I just slept through the entire thing. But i'll go sift through the scraps on Monday.

The Walking Dad
Dec 31, 2012

david puddy posted:

Listen to Aja right this loving second young man! I'm working on a megapost for Steely Dan at the moment

strap on revenge
Apr 8, 2011

The Walking Dad posted:

Listen to Aja right this loving second young man! I'm working on a megapost for Steely Dan at the moment

So much surface noise :negative: Going to have to try the wood glue cleaning method I think.

Ron Burgundy
Dec 24, 2005
I've never had an ABC-Dunhill record that didn't sound like a piece of poo poo so take from that what you will.

Looking at you Richard Harris discography.

theradiostillsucks
Feb 3, 2006

I am the undisputed king of an infinite amount of nothing, don't correct me when I'm wrong, I'm proud to wear the crown of fools

The Walking Dad posted:

Legitimately looking forward to that.

The Human Cow
May 24, 2004

hurry up
I wish the record stores near me would get in more than one copy of the RSD Sigur Ros albums each year. Struck out for the second year in a row :sigh:

alg
Mar 14, 2007

A wolf was no less a wolf because a whim of chance caused him to run with the watch-dogs.

stood in line next to 3 blazed college kids talking about Phish for 3 hours :shepicide:

Crumbletron
Jul 21, 2006

IT'S YOUR BOY JESUS, MANE

alg posted:

stood in line next to 3 blazed college kids talking about Phish for 3 hours :shepicide:

Are they doing a non RSD pressing for that? I planned on going out early but then a funeral happened :(

I'll try to make it out later if I have time but I don't really think they'll have any left.

alg
Mar 14, 2007

A wolf was no less a wolf because a whim of chance caused him to run with the watch-dogs.

Parachute Underwear posted:

Are they doing a non RSD pressing for that? I planned on going out early but then a funeral happened :(

I'll try to make it out later if I have time but I don't really think they'll have any left.

Yeah, but allegedly the RSD release has 2 exclusive tracks, one of which is Catacombs, which I really liked.

Sorry about your loss, dude.

edit: VVV that owns.

alg fucked around with this message at 15:05 on Apr 20, 2013

lament.cfg
Dec 28, 2006

we have such posts
to show you

My local store as a "No Phish" policy after last year's pre-RSD week of 30 calls a day asking about Phish.

I'm waiting for SRC to go live, and they have ATDI in stock:

http://www.shopradiocast.com/products/At-The-Drive%252dIn-%252d-Relationship-of-Command-%28RSD-Exclusive-Re%252dissue%29-LP.html
Edit: $35.99 each? ouch.

lament.cfg fucked around with this message at 15:03 on Apr 20, 2013

Blast Fantasto
Sep 18, 2007

USAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!
Waltzed in to RSD late, got some neat things anyway:

Jack White & The Bricks - Live 1999

Also includes White Heat DVD. This isn't a record store day release but cool nonetheless.

Steve Earle & The Dukes - Burnin' It Down

This is signed & numbered. Numbered to like 1000, but I really like Steve Earle so I don't care how fake rare it is.

put both hands in
Nov 28, 2007

:swoon:FYFE:swoon:
I'm hoping to pick an ATDI up somewhere as my store didn't have it.

Pass.

Anyway it's "Currently unavailable"

put both hands in fucked around with this message at 15:08 on Apr 20, 2013

Medium Cool
Dec 27, 2006

Yr sister is a beauty when she's naked
Grimey Drawer
I just had a great RSD expereince. I moved recently to a bigger city so I was worried about not getting the limited releases I wanted. I showed about an hour and a half early to a line of ~15 people. Had good conversation, got free coffee and donuts, and enjoyed some live music. The line got huge by the time they opened but everyone was really civil. I managed to pick up the reissue of Elephant, the Surfer's blood tri-color single, and the mike watt and the black gang record. I would have liked to have gotten the Thurston Moore and the Stephen Malkmus releases but I'm pretty satisfied with my haul.I almost missed out on elephant but I let out a sad little groan as the guy in front of me took the last one, and he handed it to me saying I sounded like a bigger fan than him.

Schremp Howard
Jul 18, 2010

What attitude problem?
I had a great time in Pittsburgh at Sound Cat. Cool people around to talk to while we waited in line, free donuts from the sweet bakery down the street courtesy of the store owner, and I got everything I was really looking for except for the Title Fight/Touche Amore split. Did get At the Drive-In, Owen, and Titus Andronicus for me and the Fela Kuti for my boss plus the new Godspeed You! Black Emperor and an Andrew WK Party Til You Puke promo. Pictures really don't do Relationship of Command justice, it's a sweet package.

Kevar
Jan 1, 2005
gimmar
Stood in line for 3 hours. Did not get Cave In - Until Your Heart Stops. Really wish I hadn't broken my "gently caress that record store day bullshit" policy.

DirtyCheeseburgers
Apr 15, 2003

College Slice
I went to Sunrise Records in Toronto, where if you had their little membership card you got in an hour early. Got Last Waltz, At the Drive In, White Stripes, The Roots and Titus Andronicus. In and out in 10 minutes, was home before most other stores opened. Very nice experience (outside the snowing).

Harry Privates
Oct 10, 2007
I almost bought the Phish release to flip on eBay. I held back since if was 50 dollars.

no country for old men 2
Jun 10, 2010
Missed out on ATDI, Touche/Title Fight, Their / They're / There, Botch, Cave In and pretty much everything else I had intentions of buying. But I did score the Between The Buried & Me Parallax box set which (holy poo poo) is one of the most beautiful things I've ever seen inside and out. I'm reasonably sure I got one of the last copies in the city of Pittsburgh. Pics to come (maybe) because holy poo poo is this thing awesome.

lament.cfg
Dec 28, 2006

we have such posts
to show you

ATDI is already on eBay (of course) for $80-100.

Fuckers.

lament.cfg
Dec 28, 2006

we have such posts
to show you

Kevar posted:

Stood in line for 3 hours.

Jesus, where do you live? I'm in Philly and last year I waited ~30 minutes and was second in line.

EDIT: vvvvv :catstare:

lament.cfg fucked around with this message at 17:28 on Apr 20, 2013

alg
Mar 14, 2007

At the popular store here in Raleigh, there were people still in line when I drove past at 11:30.

They opened at 8.

edit: people camped overnight.

alg fucked around with this message at 17:32 on Apr 20, 2013

Kevar
Jan 1, 2005
gimmar

Me in Reverse posted:

Jesus, where do you live? I'm in Philly and last year I waited ~30 minutes and was second in line.

EDIT: vvvvv :catstare:

My city isn't even big (Poughkeepsie). I got there an hour before they opened and there were already over 100 people in line. Took me two hours of them being open to finally even get inside. I only wanted Until Your Heart Stops but I had a few backup items just so I wouldn't leave empty handed. I still ended up leaving empty handed.

Apparently people started lining up at 4am.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

no country for old men 2
Jun 10, 2010
4am seemed to be the time to beat this year at least around where I am. Honestly, if you're willing to go that early and wait that long, you probably deserve whatever it is you're getting.