Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

niethan
Nov 22, 2005

Don't be scared, homie!
God Seth looks old as poo poo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Depths
Apr 15, 2009

SENPAI
Your eyes alright? Got your eyes checked recently? He looks pretty attractive in that photo.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.
I'd say he's looking about right/pretty good for his age. Once the grey takes hold, you're instantly looking older than you are, but Seth has always looked young. It balances out.

Anonymous Robot
Jun 1, 2007

Lost his leg in Robo War I
Two of the flavors of Pepsi Jazz were actually really tasty for diet soda.

nub
Jul 20, 2009

Keep talking.

niethan posted:

He's aging really well, looks drat good. Wheat grass shots!

I guess I'll have to listen to that lovely podcast, but I really hope we get some things we haven't already heard, unlike the Living Dolls thing in that clip. Also, I'm kinda worried because Seth barely spoke in that clip.

CortezFantastic
Aug 10, 2003

I SEE DEMONS

niethan posted:

He looks fresh as gently caress

david carmichael
Oct 28, 2011
seth kinda looks like big john

niethan
Nov 22, 2005

Don't be scared, homie!
i didnt say he looks poo poo, i guess hes just growing into his role as jeffs white adoptive grandpa

RustyTrombone
Oct 23, 2007

by zen death robot
Boobies, there's two boobies to a chest, twooo. Larry Bird was good, Michael Jordan was 23, 33 split the difference.

Weird system. That's a crazy sys!

WoG
Jul 13, 2004

niethan posted:

i didnt say he looks poo poo, i guess hes just growing into his role as jeffs white adoptive grandpa

He looks like Bing Crosby. Smooth as hell. Jonathan looks like he had to borrow a shirt from Marc.

Raar_Im_A_Dinosaur
Mar 16, 2006

GOOD LUCK!!
I'm pretty goddamned excited. Anyone who is surprised Jonathan did that much of the talking hasn't heard them on any other podcast or perhaps forgotten how the live shows go. This is where Jonathan shines.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

niethan posted:

I think that's just the way the light's hitting his hair. You can kind of see it on the other two guys but it's more obvious with Seth since his hair's slicked back.

dvorak
Sep 11, 2003

WARNING: Temporal rift detected!
They're still pretty attractive guys. The only stills or video I've seen of them were from like 4-5 years ago though.

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

I really enjoyed Pepsi Jazz, although looking it up I'm amazed it was around for three years. I thought it was like a promotion over like, one summer in ~2007.

Also they've gone through it on the show before, but Seth/Jonathan bonding immediately over Living Dolls is probably the best possible origin story for their friendship.

nub
Jul 20, 2009

Keep talking.

Power of Pecota posted:

Also they've gone through it on the show before, but Seth/Jonathan bonding immediately over Living Dolls is probably the best possible origin story for their friendship.

Oh god yeah, it's perfect.

Floor is lava
May 14, 2007

Fallen Rib

Awesome, can't wait for this.

goldblums eyes
Jan 11, 2011

"I love gags, I love bits" -Seth

man, this is going to be so great. Seth is going to have a huge wall up and the only way Marc will get anything out of Seth is through Jah telling a story.

goldblums eyes fucked around with this message at 02:09 on Apr 20, 2013

Raar_Im_A_Dinosaur
Mar 16, 2006

GOOD LUCK!!

goldblums eyes posted:

"I love gags, I love bits" -Seth

man, this is going to be so great. Seth is going to have a huge wall up and the only way Marc will get anything out of Seth is through Jah telling a story.

I am immediately hit with the image of Seth as Jabba the Hutt and Jonathan as Salacious Crumb, but with the role of that Twi'Lek translator

dvorak
Sep 11, 2003

Power of Pecota posted:

I really enjoyed Pepsi Jazz, although looking it up I'm amazed it was around for three years. I thought it was like a promotion over like, one summer in ~2007.

Was it just the Pepsi version of Coke Black? (because that's racist as gently caress if it was)

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

dvorak posted:

Was it just the Pepsi version of Coke Black? (because that's racist as gently caress if it was)

It was fruit flavored Pepsi, the only one I can remember off the top of my head was Strawberries and Creme-flavored Pepsi, because I totally drank that without shame.

Okay, maybe a little shame.

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

dvorak posted:

Apparently they had other flavors, but the only one I remember ever seeing was the Black Cherry & Vanilla one. Wikipedia says there was also a Strawberries and Cream and a Caramel Cream flavor, but both of those sound gross as hell.

niethan
Nov 22, 2005

Don't be scared, homie!
Hey. 420, simpsons movie anyone?

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

dvorak posted:

They're still pretty attractive guys. The only stills or video I've seen of them were from like 4-5 years ago though.

This reminds me of the craigslist session early on where they discovered a fan posted both of their pictures in casual encounters and they got a serious response from a dude asking about which one he gets to have- he was totally down with either, or both and you could tell they were flattered :3:

CaptainRat
Apr 18, 2003

It seems the secret to your success is a combination of boundless energy and enthusiastic insolence...

niethan posted:

Hey. 420, simpsons movie anyone?

I just want to touch dicks, spit, and stroke. No gays, though!

doug fuckey
Jun 7, 2007

hella greenbacks
Ugh the site is down, just when I went to get 368, anyone have a link?

nvm, podfeed is god

UP AND ADAM
Jan 24, 2007

by Pragmatica
I loove when they hate on awful, creepy dudes. They should dip back into more M4F ads for the next live show.

dvorak
Sep 11, 2003

They say don't hold your breath on a Chevy Silverado Super Duty Diesel Edition.

dvorak fucked around with this message at 01:06 on Apr 22, 2013

a star war betamax
Sep 17, 2011

by Lowtax
Gary’s Answer
Jonathan is the more talented funny man.

Think about it.

Seth has hours (days???) to meticulously construct notes and jokes before hand. Jonathan comes up with wittisims ON THE FLY.

I, for one, look forward to when Jonathan moves to NYC and starts his own audio blog, without Seth.

Ellaybee
Jun 17, 2005

Raar_Im_A_Dinosaur posted:

I am immediately hit with the image of Seth as Jabba the Hutt and Jonathan as Salacious Crumb, but with the role of that Twi'Lek translator

This is the best analogy. Recognize.

Ellaybee fucked around with this message at 04:23 on Apr 22, 2013

Damo
Nov 8, 2002

The second-generation Pontiac Sunbird, introduced by the automaker for the 1982 model year as the J2000, was built to be an inexpensive and fuel-efficient front-wheel-drive commuter car capable of seating five.

Offensive Clock
I'm pretty much firmly of the opinion that someone as born and bred Los Angeles as Jonathan wouldn't survive 2 weeks in New York. Mother fucker would be screaming for home after a while. It's just such a completely different vibe and way of life over there.

Source: I live in LA and was born and raised here, and I visited NYC one time for 2 days while I was in school in Boston. Straight up expert status.

Also I know someone only brought up Jonathan moving to NYC as a joke, and that it is a running gag in this thread at this point. So I'm not replying as if I think it's true. Just sayin', dog.

dvorak
Sep 11, 2003

I've spent a lot of time in NYC, and I'm pretty sure that Jah would fit right in with the ironic-self-loathing hipsters in Williamsburg. Or at least enjoy making fun of them enough to justify it.

widunder
May 2, 2002
22 minutes into the WTF episode and I already know more abouth Seth than 360+ hours of UYD.

e: assuming he's being honest, I guess he really works in a medical marijuana dispensary

widunder fucked around with this message at 08:38 on Apr 22, 2013

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

This is good so far! Marc's girlfriend obviously prepped him well, he is pushing Seth to talk. Jonathon is still doing 80% of the talking still of course, but it's not awkward at all.

widunder
May 2, 2002

Eltoasto posted:

This is good so far! Marc's girlfriend obviously prepped him well, he is pushing Seth to talk. Jonathon is still doing 80% of the talking still of course, but it's not awkward at all.
It's *a lot* better than the JJGo episode. And Maron is running very low on Maronisms, it's great.

GraPar
Jun 2, 2011
Wait, was it well known that Jonathan had got married again? I knew he was in a serious relationship but had no idea.

dvorak
Sep 11, 2003

GraPar posted:

Wait, was it well known that Jonathan had got married again? I knew he was in a serious relationship but had no idea.

Yeah, same here. I didn't know that he was married again either. It makes sense, though with how much they'd mentioned relationships lately though.

I'm going to listen now, and I'm pretty sure that having an infodump like at the end of a bad sci-fi movie of Seth and Jah's relationship will send me into a full pani.

Tribal Rival
Oct 5, 2008

I am this fiery snail crawling home
There is an episode in the 90s or so that he talks very plainly about how he's getting divorced or recently divorced.

dvorak
Sep 11, 2003

Splits posted:

There is an episode in the 90s or so that he talks very plainly about how he's getting divorced or recently divorced.

Yeah he was married and then was separated for a long time, and only remained married for financial reasons. But from what he said on WTF he was finally divorced and married again somewhat recently.

Or maybe I heard it incorrectly.

I don't listen to WTF, but I don't think I will. I'm not a fan of his constant boring derails. It seems really selfish and a waste of time when you're supposed to be interviewing someone else. The best part of the whole thing was Seth laughing when Jonathan said he'd be sober again in 6 months.

I think the guys could actually make money off the show from their fans if they wanted to. I love it enough to pay any reasonable price they'd ask.

dvorak fucked around with this message at 12:48 on Apr 22, 2013

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

CaptainRat posted:

I just want to touch dicks, spit, and stroke. No gays, though!

We touch balls, I leave.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SaxMaverick
Jun 9, 2005

The stuff of nightmares
This makes me appreciate UYD's minimal advertising over the years, that and how awesome they were when they did it