Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Shodai
Aug 18, 2006

Indiana_Krom posted:

Now where would madara, user of an eternal mangekyou sharingan/rinnegan, get some of his dearly departed brothers DNA...

I don't think it has been established that you need DNA or a body for Rinnei Tensei. I'm not talking about Edo here-Rinnegan tech.

|Ziggy| posted:

We already saw this...

Minato certainly has no idea it was Obito who led to him getting killed, etc etc. I'm sure he'd have some choice words if he did.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

|Ziggy|
Oct 2, 2004

Indiana_Krom posted:

Now where would madara, user of an eternal mangekyou sharingan/rinnegan, get some of his dearly departed brothers DNA...

Those aren't his real eyes, but now that you think about it, Obito has at least one. Bringing his brother back seems like a waste though. He already died cause he wasn't strong enough.

seizure later
Apr 18, 2007
Everything happening in Naruto right now just feels like fan-fiction. Sasuke about-face? All of the old legendary characters revived?

Next we'll see Naruto hooking up with Hinata.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

seizure later posted:

Everything happening in Naruto right now just feels like fan-fiction. Sasuke about-face? All of the old legendary characters revived?

Next we'll see Naruto hooking up with Hinata.

That already happened...

Triple Elation
Feb 24, 2012

1 + 2 + 4 + 8 + ... = -1

quote:

That already happened

I kind of think that was the joke. In which case, yeah, it's all so absurd that next we'll find out that Tobi is Obito and the Rinnegan is actually an upgrade of the Sharingan

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Rock Lee's Springtime of Youth 23

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Sour cream and onion camp supremacy. :colbert:

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Does no one in the Narutoverse appreciate spicy chips?!

Mecca-Benghazi
Mar 31, 2012

One day, Tenten will have a nice day where she doesn't have to play the straightman anymore. Just one day where she can chill and not have to call out idiots. One day. :unsmith:

Caeruleas
Mar 5, 2007
This too shall pass

Autumncomet posted:

One day, Tenten will have a nice day where she doesn't have to play the straightman anymore. Just one day where she can chill and not have to call out idiots. One day. :unsmith:
That long-awaited day of rest will come when they print the last issue of Springtime. Bless your weary, non-canon soul, Tenten.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH
I'm really looking forward to the day we discover that Springtime is actually Madara's Infinite Tsukuyomi universe and everyone should have been on board with this plan from 8 o'clock day one.

Rogue 7
Oct 13, 2012

Zyla posted:

I then see the fallout coming of everyone being super pissed off that Naruto just forgives Sasuke, that his crimes are just too great to ignore, and Naruto turning his back on everyone to take Sasuke's side.

Sasuke...really hasn't actually done all that much in the long run to piss off the Hidden Villages. He attacked Killer Bee, but everyone was going after him when they thought Bee was dead. So there's grounds for Raikage letting up, and Sasuke hasn't personally done anything to the other Kages. Well, OK, technically he stabbed Gaara way back when.

Other than that, he's killed several highly wanted criminals and one douchebag no one liked anyways.

The main reason I've always wanted to see Sasuke lose is because he's just such a loving prick about everything, really more than anything he's done. He's just so goddamn whiny and selfish, even now. There's grounds for the rest of the world going "eh, he helped us fight off the Antichrist, we can give him a pass on this."

Crunkjuice
Apr 4, 2007

That could've gotten in my eye!
*launches teargas at unarmed protestors*

I THINK OAKLAND PD'S USE OF EXCESSIVE FORCE WAS JUSTIFIED!

Rogue 7 posted:

Sasuke...really hasn't actually done all that much in the long run to piss off the Hidden Villages. He attacked Killer Bee, but everyone was going after him when they thought Bee was dead. So there's grounds for Raikage letting up, and Sasuke hasn't personally done anything to the other Kages. Well, OK, technically he stabbed Gaara way back when.

Other than that, he's killed several highly wanted criminals and one douchebag no one liked anyways.

He attacked the kage summit, murdered the at the time legitimate Hokage, and attempted to kidnap the Raikage's brother/jinchuriki (something that affects everyone) on behalf of an international mercenary group who HAS attacked all the villages, and you don't think thats enough to piss them off?

Silver2195
Apr 4, 2012

Rogue 7 posted:

The main reason I've always wanted to see Sasuke lose is because he's just such a loving prick about everything, really more than anything he's done. He's just so goddamn whiny and selfish, even now. There's grounds for the rest of the world going "eh, he helped us fight off the Antichrist, we can give him a pass on this."

True, although I don't think the samurai will be so forgiving.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Crunkjuice posted:

He attacked the kage summit, murdered the at the time legitimate Hokage, and attempted to kidnap the Raikage's brother/jinchuriki (something that affects everyone) on behalf of an international mercenary group who HAS attacked all the villages, and you don't think thats enough to piss them off?

To be fair it had just been determined that the 'legitimate' Hokage had been manipulating the head summit dude's mind so he'd be favoured so there's a load of doubt cast on him not just eyehaxing his way into power.

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

Frankly, I don't like you
and I never have.

TheKingofSprings posted:

To be fair it had just been determined that the 'legitimate' Hokage had been manipulating the head summit dude's mind so he'd be favoured so there's a load of doubt cast on him not just eyehaxing his way into power.

Whatever Danzo did at the Hokage summit is kind of irrelevant to his position as Hokage, he would need to be ousted by the feudal Lord or the elders or whatever. The appointment of Hokage is an internal Land of Fire affair and he was still Hokage at the time. Even if he would have been de-kaged Sasuke still murdered a prominent leaf ninja.

Plus, yknow all those samurai. Like, the land of iron's orphan population is a lot higher after the Kages summit.

edit: And attacking the kage summit is, in itself, a terrorist act of the highest order. Zabuza was a missing nin and ultra-criminal because he tried to attack the feudal lord of one country, Sasuke attacked the military leadership of the entire known world.

Rohan Kishibe fucked around with this message at 08:04 on Apr 15, 2013

bean mom
Jan 30, 2009

Sasuke's actions should get him the death penalty in virtually every country. But who knows what will happen.

SirDan3k
Jan 6, 2001

Trust me, you are taking this a lot more seriously then I am.
If he helps save the world he'll probably receive some leniency.

U.T. Raptor
May 11, 2010

Are you a pack of imbeciles!?

Prison Warden posted:

Plus, yknow all those samurai. Like, the land of iron's orphan population is a lot higher after the Kages summit.
If we were supposed to care about the samurai, they wouldn't literally be Stormtroopers with swords :colbert:

Pyrotoad
Oct 24, 2010

Illegal Hen
Danzo's a dick for what he did to Sai so I'm not gonna hold his death against Sasuke :colbert:

Mr. Deathy
Aug 3, 2003

Zyla posted:

Sasuke's actions should get him the death penalty in virtually every country. But who knows what will happen.

Maybe that's what we're building up to.

Sasuke going mad as he's sentenced to death and no longer can reconcile NOT destroying the village with his brother's wishes (Sasuke was the only person he couldn't bear to see die).

Something has to turn Sasuke again, maybe this is it? I doubt it, but hey, stranger things have happened.

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

DU WIRST NIEMALS ALLEINE MARSCHIEREN
He'll die and be brought back by the revival thing and be forced to fight Naruto

bean mom
Jan 30, 2009

Mr. Deathy posted:

Maybe that's what we're building up to.

Sasuke going mad as he's sentenced to death and no longer can reconcile NOT destroying the village with his brother's wishes (Sasuke was the only person he couldn't bear to see die).

Something has to turn Sasuke again, maybe this is it? I doubt it, but hey, stranger things have happened.

Maybe the real name of this series has been "Itachi" all along and it was just a misprint.

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

ACTUALLY IT IS VERY GOOD THAT THE SHOW IS BAD AND ANYONE WHO DOESN'T REALIZE WHY THAT'S GOOD IS AN IDIOT. JUST ENJOY THE BAD SHOW INSTEAD OF THINKING.

Rogue 7 posted:

He burned the Raikage's arm off, murdered several hundred of the Samurai and murdered the Hokage. Granted, I could see them forgiving him for the Hokage thing if you're applying say, Song of Ice and Fire-like feudal rules or something since he probably had a legitimate right of revenge against Danzo. Raikage probably doesn't have an awesome claim for revenge either since he was directly responsible for all sorts of heinous poo poo on his own, e.g. attempting to kidnap Hinata and having Neji's dad executed. The Samurai nobody probably cares about.

Danzou
Oct 24, 2010

by angerbot

Prison Warden posted:

Whatever Danzo did at the Hokage summit is kind of irrelevant to his position as Hokage, he would need to be ousted by the feudal Lord or the elders or whatever. The appointment of Hokage is an internal Land of Fire affair and he was still Hokage at the time.
I think he's saying that Danzou likely used the same technique on the Fire Lord to be selected Hokage as he did to Mifune to be selected as the head of the alliance. Doesn't really change your counterpoints, just clarifying why Danzou might not be considered "legitimate".

And on a technical note, Danzou was only Hokage-select at the time. He would have had to been confirmed by a vote among the Jounin to officially become Hokage.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Angry Grimace posted:

He burned the Raikage's arm off, murdered several hundred of the Samurai and murdered the Hokage. Granted, I could see them forgiving him for the Hokage thing if you're applying say, Song of Ice and Fire-like feudal rules or something since he probably had a legitimate right of revenge against Danzo. Raikage probably doesn't have an awesome claim for revenge either since he was directly responsible for all sorts of heinous poo poo on his own, e.g. attempting to kidnap Hinata and having Neji's dad executed. The Samurai nobody probably cares about.

Several hundred Samurai is a bit of a stretch. He slew maybe a dozen, and some of them weren't even killed. If he helped deliver the finishing blow on Madara I'm sure he'd get a pardon.
I doubt he'll live to the end of the manga anyway, I see him probably sacrificing himself to take down Madara/10-tails/whatever and saving Naruto/the village/the world.

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

ACTUALLY IT IS VERY GOOD THAT THE SHOW IS BAD AND ANYONE WHO DOESN'T REALIZE WHY THAT'S GOOD IS AN IDIOT. JUST ENJOY THE BAD SHOW INSTEAD OF THINKING.

RatHat posted:

Several hundred Samurai is a bit of a stretch. He slew maybe a dozen, and some of them weren't even killed. If he helped deliver the finishing blow on Madara I'm sure he'd get a pardon.
I doubt he'll live to the end of the manga anyway, I see him probably sacrificing himself to take down Madara/10-tails/whatever and saving Naruto/the village/the world.

I think Sasuke dying is pretty much Sasuke not fulfilling Itachi's wishes just as much though; Kishi's gone way out of his way to make Itachi Ninja Jesus #2 (after Hashirama and before Naruto). I'm still a little disappointed that Kishi didn't go for what I was hoping would explain Sasuke's inexplicable turn from gray-character to straight heel - that he was given one of the Tailed Beasts off-panel and it overpowered him with evil desires. In any case, I think he could be forgiven if he did enough, but he's also too much of a dick to admit he was wrong and ask for forgiveness, which is what it would take to be believable.

Angry Grimace fucked around with this message at 22:12 on Apr 15, 2013

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

Angry Grimace posted:

Didn't Hinata's dad kill whoever that was? Sasuke will survive anyway to do that other dream he had he forgot all about in his quest for revenge which is to restart the clan purely because Rock Lee needs to become even more pointless

U.T. Raptor
May 11, 2010

Are you a pack of imbeciles!?

Scott Bakula posted:

Didn't Hinata's dad kill whoever that was?
The guy who tried to kidnap Hinata was some random Cloud mook, but presumably it was on the Raikage's orders.

Silver2195
Apr 4, 2012

Scott Bakula posted:

Didn't Hinata's dad kill whoever that was? Sasuke will survive anyway to do that other dream he had he forgot all about in his quest for revenge which is to restart the clan purely because Rock Lee needs to become even more pointless

I think people take the "restore the clan" thing too literally sometimes. It was always about some vague sense of honor, not making babies.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

Silver2195 posted:

I think people take the "restore the clan" thing too literally sometimes. It was always about some vague sense of honor, not making babies.

You can't really call it a clan if it is composed of 3 people, including a zombie and a guy whose body is half plant.

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

So any chapter today?

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

It's on break this week.

D1Sergo
May 5, 2006

Be sure to take a 15-minute break every hour.
I want to see Minato with 2 marked Kunai so he can just throw-teleport-throw-teleport- all the way to the moon so he can summon Naruto there to turn his rasen-shuriken into a rasen-drill and pierce the heavens :colbert:

milktwice
Feb 15, 2012

D1Sergo posted:

I want to see Minato with 2 marked Kunai so he can just throw-teleport-throw-teleport- all the way to the moon so he can summon Naruto there to turn his rasen-shuriken into a rasen-drill and pierce the heavens :colbert:

I am actually quite surprised that after Neji died Naruto did not say to Lee, 'Believe in me, who believes in you'.

Mischitary
Oct 9, 2007
I don't care what happens with Sasuke so long as it doesn't end up with Sasuke and Naruto fighting each other since that scenario makes literally zero logical sense in any way other than some hokey pokey "I'll beat some sense into him" nonsense and really doesn't help anybody with anything. I could understand Sasuke being so upset and driven to kill his brother who he thinks killed his entire family in cold blood but after he does that his character has been on one gigantic downward spiral who's motivations are so absurd and comical that the sooner he just cuts this poo poo out and starts fighting the bad guys the better.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
It makes a lot more sense for the two of them to work together now. Having the final battle involve beating the stupid out of such a major character really is a bit silly. It removes all agency from Sasuke, making him a foil to make Naruto look better. I can't stand the twit, but that isn't how his character has ever been portrayed. It just wasn't clear how Sasuke would ever get his head out of his rear end before the latest scene.

A SPECIAL UNICORN
Apr 12, 2006

REALLY FUCKING SPECIAL
Sasuke will be redeemed in my eyes when someone punches him in his smug face. I don't care who. His current u-turn is welcomed, because hopefully he'll be less insufferable, but really- he needs a punch in the chops.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
Sasuke hasn't had any of his own agency between his fight with Itachi and him meeting up with Zombie Itachi.

The only reason he didn't go back to Konoha after killing Itachi is pretty much because Tobi/Madara lied to him and gave him a reason to hate Konoha by telling him the "truth". Which filled in enough of the holes in information that Sasuke had that he believed it.

And then Tobi/Madara proceeded to put Sasuke in enough fights(with Zetsu just funneling chakra to him so he had functionally infinite) where he had to spam his Sharingan to accelerate the rate at which Sasuke went blind and insane.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

It's just gonna go (endgame spoilers, avoid if you're planning on playing it) Tales of the Abyss on us.

"Shut up! This isn't about logic! :byodood:"

Terper fucked around with this message at 23:29 on Apr 22, 2013

• Locked thread