Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Trilin
Dec 15, 2009

Ah! There he is!
Yeah watching Peaches_ play that game made me legit uncomfortable. I'm looking forward to that WR though. :buddy:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheGreatGildersneeze
Feb 24, 2001
My passive aggressive shilling for Microsoft has gone beyond weird obsession levels. I have no attachment to reality outside of my feelings for a plastic box. I should shut my fat fucking mouth and stop trying to do PR for a billion dollar corp
That game taught us all a lot. Mostly that Jesus is the best drug of all, and women can't bail out of helicopters without dying.

Opinion Haver
Apr 9, 2007

Did he ever manage to get out of the helicopter?

furry drum circle
Aug 7, 2007

Dear... God...

yaoi prophet posted:

Did he ever manage to get out of the helicopter?

There's no female model so the game gives a "GUARD2.MOD NOT FOUND" error and softlocks when you try to eject. I had to start the game over as a male to beat it :psyduck:

Opinion Haver
Apr 9, 2007

furry drum circle posted:

There's no female model so the game gives a "GUARD2.MOD NOT FOUND" error and softlocks when you try to eject. I had to start the game over as a male to beat it :psyduck:

This is literally the best possible answer to that question, oh my god.

Nativity In Black
Oct 24, 2012

If you're gonna have roads, you're gonna have roadkill.
I got home and turned on the stream to the Software Update mode so all I saw was...well I don't loving know. Some sort of bizarre acid trip of fighting demons. When he switched to the regular mode I went and made dinner and in the other room all I could here was *unce* *unce* WATCH AND PRAY *unce* *unce* STANDAGAINSTTHEDEVIL.

Mind thoroughly blown.

#TEAMSATAN

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Nativity In Black posted:

When he switched to the regular mode I went and made dinner and in the other room all I could here was *unce* *unce* WATCH AND PRAY *unce* *unce* STANDAGAINSTTHEDEVIL.
This was the best part by a long shot.

Trilin
Dec 15, 2009

Ah! There he is!
I swear I heard that song in my dream last night.

Also I asked in stream chat but if you could find that song in the files and upload it somewhere I would love you forever.

Nativity In Black
Oct 24, 2012

If you're gonna have roads, you're gonna have roadkill.
In case anyone missed it yesterday Kalemandu was on track to beat the Boshy record again and choked :(

But before the actual choke there was an almost choke that resulted in some interesting sounds coming through the mic

http://www.twitch.tv/kalemandu/c/2173064

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

"I stood there, wondering why the puck was getting bigger...

and then it hit me."

There is yet another marathon stream going on, this one benefitting for the St. Jude's Children's Research Hospital. I don't think it's all speedrunning, but some speedrunners are participating, including iateyourpie (presumably with Paper Mario and Super Mario Galaxy 2), Crumps and Obdajr in a Final Fantasy 4 race, Trihex, Luigimeister, Cfox7 (this is probably DK64 any%, I would guess), and maybe some others I am unfamiliar with. The stream for the marathon is at http://www.twitch.tv/gaming_4_a_cure

Shadow Ninja 64 fucked around with this message at 22:48 on Apr 19, 2013

Duncan Sperguson
Apr 21, 2010

Larksford posted:

It isn't even the WR, just his PB. The WR is another 10 or so minutes faster. Running a game of that length would be soul-crushing.

Oh poo poo right. Getting him mixed with caracarn I think my bad

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Trilin posted:

I swear I heard that song in my dream last night.

Also I asked in stream chat but if you could find that song in the files and upload it somewhere I would love you forever.

Seconding this request, I need a new ringtone.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Shadow Ninja 64 posted:

There is yet another marathon stream going on, this one benefitting for the St. Jude's Children's Research Hospital. I don't think it's all speedrunning, but some speedrunners are participating, including iateyourpie (presumably with Paper Mario and Super Mario Galaxy 2), Crumps and Obdajr in a Final Fantasy 4 race, Trihex, Luigimeister, Cfox7 (this is probably DK64 any%, I would guess), and maybe some others I am unfamiliar with. The stream for the marathon is at http://www.twitch.tv/gaming_4_a_cure

Having lost a nephew at 7 to cancer, I will be donating for sure, these guys are amazing, just a wonderful hospital, I honestly feel bad I can't give more.

The fact that there at 2,000 already makes me very happy though. :unsmith:

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

"I stood there, wondering why the puck was getting bigger...

and then it hit me."

In non charity news, Peaches and friends are racing Blast Corps, then he's going to route that PrayerWarriors game: http://www.twitch.tv/peaches__

SevenStringGuru
Jun 6, 2003

Bob Loblaw Law covers all injuries, including those sustained while trying to 4x4 a segway.
Watched the peaches stream over the last few days and very entertained by the 'new game plus' sections at the end of Catechumen; Zoo Race was hilarious best voice overs evar! Zoasty just got a 46:05 in Super Metroid!
He's racing right now

Former Human
Oct 15, 2001

My Castlevania Chronicles speedruns are now up on SDA: http://speeddemosarchive.com/CastlevaniaChronicles.html

Spoiler: I kill Dracula

furry drum circle
Aug 7, 2007

Dear... God...
oh gently caress what have I done

http://speedrunslive.com/race/?id=lcwnj

8 entrant blind The Zoo Race race

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
:allears:

Pure Chaos Peaches. Pure bliss Chaos.

Try watching all 8 at the same time, you just hear nothing about echoes and jumble of everything. Hahah it's great.

furry drum circle
Aug 7, 2007

Dear... God...
5 minutes in and I've legitimately lost count of how many times they've softlocked by glitching out of bounds or into the skybox :lol:

TheGreatGildersneeze
Feb 24, 2001
My passive aggressive shilling for Microsoft has gone beyond weird obsession levels. I have no attachment to reality outside of my feelings for a plastic box. I should shut my fat fucking mouth and stop trying to do PR for a billion dollar corp

furry drum circle posted:

oh gently caress what have I done

http://speedrunslive.com/race/?id=lcwnj

8 entrant blind The Zoo Race race
Hey, peaches, did you submit your Blast Corps WR to TSSB? Haven't seen it on the doc for making reels yet.

iastudent
Apr 22, 2008

Puwexil is ahead on his FF7 no-slots run by just over half an hour!

CVagts
Oct 19, 2009
He's not streaming right now, but Kalemandu just broke his I Wanna Be The Boshy world record again, 44:36 thanks to a new glitch discovery (a reliable tower skip that saves about a minute and a half).

Niton
Oct 21, 2010

Your Lord and Savior has finally arrived!

..got any kibble?

iastudent posted:

Descent is trolling him hardcore, might cost him sub 8:20, but this is one hell of a run.

e: 8:20:14!

Niton fucked around with this message at 00:47 on Apr 21, 2013

iastudent
Apr 22, 2008

Niton posted:

Descent is trolling him hardcore, might cost him sub 8:20, but this is one hell of a run.

Missed it by 14 secs. :(

But drat, what an improvement!

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
The AGDQ 2013 Blooper/Highlight reels are up!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xOsiJyeNQAc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SC_7-j5p0Es

Heresiarch
Oct 6, 2005

Literature is not exhaustible, for the sufficient and simple reason that no single book is. A book is not an isolated being: it is a relationship, an axis of innumerable relationships.

iastudent posted:

Wait, does this mean that he's not using any materia slots?

How the hell does that even work? Is it even possible to get through the game like that?

Dr. Dos
Aug 5, 2005

YAAAAAAAY!
The character Cait Sith has a slot machine limit break that can be manipulated and one of the results is to instantly kill everything, even the final boss.

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

I'm not interested in constructive criticism, believe me.

Heresiarch posted:

Wait, does this mean that he's not using any materia slots?

How the hell does that even work? Is it even possible to get through the game like that?

It means he's not using Cait Sith's "Slots" Limit Break, which can instant-kill every boss in the game.

edit: Beaten.

Heresiarch
Oct 6, 2005

Literature is not exhaustible, for the sufficient and simple reason that no single book is. A book is not an isolated being: it is a relationship, an axis of innumerable relationships.
Oh, I see, that makes considerably more sense.

pksage
Jul 2, 2009

You are an experience!
Make sure you're a good experience.

CVagts posted:

He's not streaming right now, but Kalemandu just broke his I Wanna Be The Boshy world record again, 44:36 thanks to a new glitch discovery (a reliable tower skip that saves about a minute and a half).

The ONE DAY I'm not watching him stream, man.

The new tower skip strat is ridiculous.

Studio
Jan 15, 2008

pksage posted:

The ONE DAY I'm not watching him stream, man.

The new tower skip strat is ridiculous.

He died to Hello Kitty too. The scary thing? He can get sub 44, and you know he'll try.

pksage
Jul 2, 2009

You are an experience!
Make sure you're a good experience.

Studio posted:

He died to Hello Kitty too. The scary thing? He can get sub 44, and you know he'll try.

He definitely will, plenty of room for improvement in that run. I didn't watch every minute, but he also lost time on Ganon, I think?

It sucks to be this optimized, though, because one death on Sonic, Shang Tsung, or Missingno is pretty much GG these days.

furry drum circle
Aug 7, 2007

Dear... God...
http://www.twitch.tv/thesundaysequencebreak/new is live! This week's game is Diddy Kong Racing with Toufool and Cfox. Go watch!

Shabadu
Jul 18, 2003

rain dance

We all know this is really peaches__ records hype week anyway.

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
So since I just mostly play through it as quickly as I can, and found myself enjoying it the most when bunny hopping through it, I decided to try my hand at speedrunning Half-Life using major skips. So far with an incredibly sloppy "On a Rail" it took me one hour to get to Surface Tension. (59:30 according to my clock)
I doubt I'll give this the necessary dedication to beat it under an hour and such crazy times, don't really want it to become anything other than an occational challenge. Still, it's pretty drat fun!

UraniumAnchor
May 21, 2006

Not a walrus.
Think I'm done with this game for a while.

Time to move on to NG3 low%.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Sick stuff man.

heehee
Sep 5, 2012

haha wow i cant believe how lucky we got to win :D

God drat. Congrats man.

KennyMan666
May 27, 2010

The Saga

These loving splits.

Going to do a few attempts to see if I can improve my currently recorded Ufouria (aka "that one Sunsoft NES game noone knows") runs any, but if I don't get anything better by the end of the week, I'm submitting my 48:53 (100%) and 36:59 (any%). I counted roughly 45 wasted seconds in my recorded 100%, but on the other hand, I had quite good luck on that run - of the first five splits (first first split not pictured above), three are the only really random boss fights in the entire game, and they were all above average in the one I have recorded. The any% might be possible to push another 10-20 seconds or so but it already crushes my run from 2005 by more than 4½ minutes so yeah.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Outer Science
Dec 21, 2008

Daisangen
Now is a good time to introduce Neviutz, a German (I think?) speedrunner who specializes in really long games. Like Persona 4.

He also specializes in playing those really long games in marathon sessions. Like right now, in the 48-hour marathon he is doing, solo. He claims that "48 hours isn't that long", a direct quote from his stream a few minutes ago. This is a pretty regular thing for him. He's going to be speedrunning some things at ESA, too.

So yeah, tune into his stream to watch someone who is either insane or has a sleep disorder speedrunning really long games.

• Locked thread