Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
YardGlass
Jan 21, 2003

Instant asshole: Just add beer

Scylo posted:

This is the best thing to happen in Australian cricket all year.

I actually reckon this is bad for Aussie cricket. He's a good player, and I think this destabilises the team a little bit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
He's only stood down as VC hasn't he? Didn't think he's quit.

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

YardGlass posted:

I actually reckon this is bad for Aussie cricket. He's a good player, and I think this destabilises the team a little bit.

Is this a joke?

Bharatrocity
Oct 20, 2005

One day son, all I own will still belong to the state

Lionel Richie posted:

(...) a random and not particularly notable statistic.

Speaking of which, I just checked, and it seems the highest partnership involving a man called Butt was the 135 run partnership between Inzamam-ul-Haq and Salman Butt in 2005 against England.

:butt:

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
What happened to Tamim Iqbal?

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher

YardGlass posted:

Well the team played last year quite fine without him and he did jack poo poo in India. So I doubt his absence makes any difference.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

Cat Terrist posted:

Well the team played last year quite fine without him and he did jack poo poo in India. So I doubt his absence makes any difference.

I'll miss his complete inability to be of any worth to a cricket team.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer

serious gaylord posted:

The IPL. Where else?

Paul.Power
Feb 7, 2009

The three roles of APCs:
Transports.
Supply trucks.
Distractions.

I'd make Cowan VC, he's got the brains for it even if he's not a guaranteed pick in the side.

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

A cricket team doesn't need a designated vice captain.

MrL_JaKiri
Sep 23, 2003

A bracing glass of carrot juice!

serious gaylord posted:

The next player challenged because it's obviously a made up name just to get the Q on a triple

PTizzle
Oct 1, 2008

Lionel Richie posted:

Uh loads of captains have, unless you mean captains of Zimbabwe which is probably true, even if it is a random and not particularly notable statistic.

Where else would you be but the cricket thread if you weren't reading random and not particularly notable statistics?

Also surely Watson had to stand down after the whole India debacle, plus he is playing like utter poo poo.

Doc Holliday
Dec 24, 2002

Paul.Power posted:

I'd make Cowan VC, he's got the brains for it even if he's not a guaranteed pick in the side.

So Cowan will be in charge of ghostwriting Clarke's tour diary and Lyon will sing the team song (if they ever win again). If they give everyone in the team a second job then pretty soon they won't be able to sack any of them.

Centusin
Aug 5, 2009
The Ashes squad will be announced tomorrow and there are lots of people talking about Shaun Marsh possibly being selected today. This could mean that the English can start celebrating now.

edit: Oh and people seem to think Haddin will be named the Vice Captain

Centusin fucked around with this message at 10:13 on Apr 23, 2013

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

MiJo as VC.

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

Should Johnson be captain? I feel that it's a question worth asking.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

Scylo posted:

The Ashes squad will be announced tomorrow and there are lots of people talking about Shaun Marsh possibly being selected today. This could mean that the English can start celebrating now.

edit: Oh and people seem to think Haddin will be named the Vice Captain

Theres still time for us to sack Andy Flower and put Giles in charge.

sixteenstraws
May 7, 2009

slave to a label but I own my masters
rip aaron finch's bowling career

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

Holy poo poo. I'll need to check out the highlights of this one.

sixteenstraws
May 7, 2009

slave to a label but I own my masters
lol

Unimpressed
Feb 13, 2013

A message from Haddin's Mum: http://www.espncricinfo.com/the-ashes-2013/content/story/631745.html?CMP=chrome

I'm so proud of my boy!

BlackShadow
May 31, 2009

Jesus that last six just looked like he was using a 9 iron.

So Brad Haddin has been brought back into the team, at the expense of Matthew Wade, because we need a vice-captain?

I mean, Haddin should probably be there anyway, but the fact that it took needing him to VC that got him over the line, just ridiculous. gently caress CA.

BlackShadow fucked around with this message at 13:04 on Apr 23, 2013

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

Who was the batsman who was recently recalled for their limited over series against Sri Lanka or the West Indies and was wretchedly bad? It wasn't Hughes or Finch but I remember him looking like he was going to be run out every ball.

PTizzle
Oct 1, 2008

Mister Chief posted:

Who was the batsman who was recently recalled for their limited over series against Sri Lanka or the West Indies and was wretchedly bad? It wasn't Hughes or Finch but I remember him looking like he was going to be run out every ball.

Khawaja? Marsh?

Centusin
Aug 5, 2009
Dave Hussey?

PTizzle
Oct 1, 2008
Gayle looks like he's chilling out but they're still going at 10 an over.

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

I must have been thinking of Marsh during the Sri Lankan T20 series. This batting is loving mental.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
He's utterly stupid when he gets in his groove. I think he's aiming for a 200 here.

BlackShadow
May 31, 2009

Holy loving poo poo that's massive.

Lionel Richie
Nov 14, 2004

This is mental.

Looking forward to what Luke Wright can do.

PTizzle
Oct 1, 2008
Has there ever been a T20 double century? He's only 5 runs off the IPL record.

Anarkii
Dec 30, 2008
Jesus, this is the most surreal innings I've seen.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
He's already got the fastest ton, might as well see if he can do the fastest double for a laugh.

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

Is this ground small? It's the same one where McCullum got 158* in the first IPL match ever.

Centusin
Aug 5, 2009
He wasn't good enough to beat Bradmans record of getting a century off of 22 balls, pretty pathetic to be honest.

RideTheSpiral
Sep 18, 2005
College Slice
I can't believe this is the only match I haven't watched. Life.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Has to settle for 175. Really let himself down there in the last 5 overs.

RideTheSpiral
Sep 18, 2005
College Slice
He is averaging 108 in 8 games this IPL. That is quite outrageous.

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

Does anyone have odds on a Pune win?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PTizzle
Oct 1, 2008

Mister Chief posted:

Does anyone have odds on a Pune win?

Only 14/1 in Aus. I don't think they...get the IPL.

• Locked thread