Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Laranzu
Jan 18, 2002
I'm really enjoying the "outrage" stemming from right wing news sources regarding Miranda rights. Especially the outrage stemming from an incomplete talking point understanding of Miranda.

Like clockwork the talking points made it to Facebook.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
FREE Video Reveals "Weird" Trick To Slash Your Power Bill & Beat Obama's Electricity Monopoly For Good: http://power4patriots.com/video/ll/index-l.php?opt_params=%28null%29&subid=%28null%29

I've been watching for 8 minutes, and there's no weird tricks, just a bunch of propaganda so far.

e: 12 minutes, he mentions that he actually hates the capitalism the world is currently using. Companies packaging common components together to sell to unknowingly consumers? Patriots like us? OUTRAGEOUS. Also, there's a bunch of misspellings in the graphics.

oh snap! 15 minutes in... still no weird trick.

Phone fucked around with this message at 22:36 on Apr 20, 2013

kitten smoothie
Dec 29, 2001

Phone posted:

FREE Video Reveals "Weird" Trick To Slash Your Power Bill & Beat Obama's Electricity Monopoly For Good: http://power4patriots.com/video/ll/index-l.php?opt_params=%28null%29&subid=%28null%29

I've been watching for 8 minutes, and there's no weird tricks, just a bunch of propaganda so far.

It's selling DVDs on home solar power and wind turbine systems.

It's funny how solar and wind can be a hobby horse for both the left and the right. If it's not your carbon footprint, it's that Obama's cronies in the energy sector are conspiring to rob you so live off the grid!

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

kitten smoothie posted:

It's selling DVDs on home solar power and wind turbine systems.

It's funny how solar and wind can be a hobby horse for both the left and the right. If it's not your carbon footprint, it's that Obama's cronies in the energy sector are conspiring to rob you so live off the grid!

It's just Save Webpage As... of instructables.com.

I'm pretty sure he just copy/pasted the icon from Amazon. There's also some SNAZZY javascript going on that prevents you from exiting the site.

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

Saw this pop up a few times in the bombing threads, but it deserves mention here, I think. Beck throwing down the gauntlet and giving Obama until Monday to tell the truth about Boston.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PODZaaMTwfg

:allears: Can't wait.

platedlizard
Aug 31, 2012

I like plates and lizards.

ReidRansom posted:

Saw this pop up a few times in the bombing threads, but it deserves mention here, I think. Beck throwing down the gauntlet and giving Obama until Monday to tell the truth about Boston.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PODZaaMTwfg

:allears: Can't wait.

aHAHAH how did I miss listening to Glenn Beck before? He's almost as funny as Alex Jones!

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
Literally "Us" vs "Them".

Monday is going to be off the chain. :toot:

JoshTheStampede
Sep 8, 2004

come at me bro

Phone posted:

Literally "Us" vs "Them".

Monday is going to be off the chain. :toot:

Or he'll just quietly never mention it again, since the actual culprits are Muslim enough that there's no need for a bogeyman.

Moktaro
Aug 3, 2007
I value call my nuts.

JoshTheStampede posted:

Or he'll just quietly never mention it again, since the actual culprits are Muslim enough that there's no need for a bogeyman.

But they're Caucasian! The most Caucasian of Caucasians pretty much.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Moktaro posted:

"The conspiracy is that our proud white race has been tricked into allowing degenerate half-breeds and pretenders into its proud ranks. Join us for a new weekly feature as I discover the truth origin and strength of my Christian Identity. Today, we discuss why Russians do not share in our proud heritage because of their poverty and wrong accents. Next week: the Irish!"

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

JoshTheStampede posted:

I was more referring to his clear declaration of "Us" (read: PATRIOTS) vs "Them" (read: EVIL GOVERNMENT).

JoshTheStampede
Sep 8, 2004

come at me bro

Moktaro posted:

Does anyone even use Caucasian to mean white anymore? I feel like I never hear it except in the context of dumb "how about that political correctness" jokes.

amaranthine
Aug 27, 2009
I AM A TERRIBLE HUMAN BEING

JoshTheStampede posted:

Nope!

I heard a bit of his show on my way to buy a bagel (the preferred breakfast of the JEWISH MAINSTREAM MEDIA), and I'm pretty sure he was advocating the widely debunked "Saudi guy in ICE custody is the ringleader, it's being covered up" theory as of 9:30 this morning. Full on grassy knoll poo poo. Admittedly, I didn't stick around in my car to hear exactly what was said, but he was talking about how "the mainstream media will only tell you about TWO suspects" so I think I know where he was going with it.

(this one: http://mediamatters.org/blog/2013/04/18/glenn-beck-is-undeterred-by-reality-on-saudi-na/193696)

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.
I wondered how long this would take:

Limbaugh: "Elite Education" In America Radicalized Both Boston Bombers And Obama

http://mediamatters.org/video/2013/04/22/limbaugh-elite-education-in-america-radicalized/193718

ProperGanderPusher
Jan 13, 2012

BiggerBoat posted:

Limbaugh: "Elite Education" In America Radicalized Both Boston Bombers And Obama

http://mediamatters.org/video/2013/04/22/limbaugh-elite-education-in-america-radicalized/193718

Without having to actually listen to that old windbag, I'm going to guess his argument goes something like this:

"Something something Saul Alinsky Bill Ayers Obama Peepee doodoo He is a bad president."

Typical Pubbie
May 10, 2011

ProperGanderPusher posted:

"Something something Saul Alinsky Bill Ayers Obama Peepee doodoo He is a bad president."

That sounds more like Hannity to me. Oh God. I've gotten to the point where I can differentiate the two by gibberish alone. God help me.

Alec Bald Snatch
Sep 12, 2012

by exmarx
UMass Dartmouth and Bunker Hill Community College count as "elite" now. That'll help with student recruitment.

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

Typical Pubbie posted:

That sounds more like Hannity to me. Oh God. I've gotten to the point where I can differentiate the two by rhetoric alone. God help me.

When it gets to the point that you can tell who listens to what jackass based on the buzzwords they use you'll be ONE OF US.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
Community colleges are breeding grounds for something, but ambition is probably not one of them.

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

Phone posted:

Community colleges are breeding grounds for something, but ambition is probably not one of them.

Got that right... :smith:

kik2dagroin
Mar 23, 2007

Use the anger. Use it.

BiggerBoat posted:

He went so far as to imply that Dzhokhar participated in the bombing so he could one day become a Professor like Obama's mentor Bill Ayers.
His opening rant today was just full of Islamaphobia, feeding the right-wing persecution complex, and implying that getting a public education turns you anti-American.

quote:

RUSH: Once again, what are we faced with here today, folks? Once again, we're faced with trying to put in perspective what's being reported in the media about the Boston Marathon bombing and its aftermath.
We all owe a debt to a smoker. A guy in his house wanted to smoke a cigarette. His wife would not let him smoke the cigarette inside. So he went out in the backyard, and while he was smoking his cigarette he's looking at his boat. And he said, "There's something strange about that boat." Something didn't look right. It was his boat, so he climbed up on his boat while he's out in the backyard smoking a cigarette, he unzips the protective winter cover that he has on his boat, and he sees the bleeding, half conscious Boston Marathon :ssh:Muslim bomber. Remember that old saying, for the want of a nail the kingdom was lost, something like that?

This guy wants a cigarette. We hate cigarettes. We hate smokers. But if not for this guy being a smoker, if not for this guy being forced to the backyard to smoke his cigarette, Dzhokhar Tsarnaev might still be in that boat bleeding out. He might not have been caught if it hadn't been for that smoker. Now, we don't know because the guy did get caught, and it's all downhill from there. I just wanted to let everybody know. "Mr. Limbaugh, you really enjoy this, don't you? You know that everybody hates smoking and you like smoking and so you just had to --" I'm just pointing out what happened. I'm happy the guy smoked. Smokers do a lot of good in this country, and they're a maligned group and I just wanted to signal this guy out.
[From a previous Islamophobic rant:] Let me ask you a question, again based on my observation in recent years. If you are a Muslim listening to this program, and it turns out that a Muslim did bomb the Boston Marathon, how do you feel? I dare say that if you are a Muslim, you can be pretty certain, you can rest assured that everybody in the media will circle the wagons and say, "This is not because of Islam. This is a lone bad actor, lone wolf. This in no way says anything about Islam. It in no way says anything about Muslims. It's just a lone nut," and they will remind us that the vast majority of people denounce this kind of terrorism, the vast majority of Muslims.

So if you're a Muslim and it turns out to be a Muslim bomber, you will be in no way associated with it. Which is fair. However, folks, if you are a conservative out there today, and it turns out that whoever did this has either a real or imagined connection to conservatives? Everybody in the media will unite to denounce your whole group. There will not be the same treatment. If this turns out to be some crazy extremist, domestic terrorist, everybody thought to be in that guy's group is gonna be tarred and feathered as well. And, believe me, that's what they're all hoping for on the left. They are the ones saying so. They are the ones indicating that. Not me.
Did you hear President Obama's remarks on the Boston bombings? His heart was really in it when he was lecturing us about not rushing to judgment. He said, "That's why we take care not to rush to judgment. It's not about motivations or individuals, certainly not about entire groups of people." Isn't that good of him to remind us of that? Kind of like the way he never rushed to judgment about George Zimmerman or the Boston cop.
And that was my point in the sound bite. Live in denial, barely say the word "Muslim" here. Lone wolves, not tied to anybody. The Chechen president says (paraphrasing), "These guys were raised in America. If you want to find the problem, look at how they were educated."
Tom Brokaw is blaming US drones for motivating the bombers. Has anybody seen any evidence of that? Brokaw was on Meet the Press yesterday, and he said, "I think we also have to examine the use of drones that the United States is involved in, and there are a lot of civilians, innocently killed in a drone attack, Pakistan, Afghanistan and Iraq." He said, "We have to work a lot harder at motivation here. What prompts a young man to come to this country and still feel alienated from it and to go back to Russia and do whatever he did? I don't think we've examined that enough. There's a enormous rage against what they see in that part of the world as a presumptuousness of the United States."

Tom, I hate to tell you, and, folks, look, this isn't easy. I don't relish a program like this. And I don't relish pointing out counterintelligence or countertruths. But, Tom, you don't have to go to Pakistan or Afghanistan or Iraq to be radicalized against America. To me, you can be radicalized against America right here in America. You can be radicalized against America in American schools. You can be radicalized in America against America by watching American television and movies and websites. You can be radicalized by professors, many of them former bombers themselves, many of them with grievances against this country. You don't need to go outside this country to be radicalized against it.
And we have just learned that the brothers hijacked car. They let the driver go because he didn't look like an American so he was okay. I'm just saying. Just recounting what's out there. They let the driver of the car that they carjacked go because he didn't look like an American. They were living in Cambridge. There are people living in Cambridge who are being radicalized against America every day. You know as well as I do, students are being told what a rotten place this country is every day in the classroom.
This is almost caricature. This is almost cliche. This is almost Mad magazine, The Onion. "Sad for the victims, sad for Boston, sad for America, sad for whole communities who will be wrongly blamed for the actions of individuals." Meaning it would be a real shame here to blame Islam or Muslim. A real shame. I don't think anybody's doing that anyway, but that's what these guys are hell-bent on saying.
http://www.rushlimbaugh.com/daily/2013/04/22/liberals_in_denial_over_boston_terrorists
Your public school educated children are terrorists :freep:

Zuhzuhzombie!!
Apr 17, 2008
FACTS ARE A CONSPIRACY BY THE CAPITALIST OPRESSOR
ed

nvm. Found a good MM article on it!

Zuhzuhzombie!! fucked around with this message at 21:35 on Apr 22, 2013

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!
:lol: Limbaugh declares ciggarettes the true heroes of the hunt for the Boston marathon bombers. That might be the best thing I've seen from him in a while. Because there's absolutely no way I can think of that we would've found a bleeding person being looked for by every policeman in the state if it wasn't for someone going out for a smoke. If that man didn't heroically tell his wife to suck eggs and light his freedom stick we would've just given up and he'd find a shot up corpse in his boat next Bass season.

Classic stuff.

Alec Bald Snatch
Sep 12, 2012

by exmarx
That's actually a somewhat fair assessment. The kid possibly would've bled out if the boat's owner hadn't stepped out for a smoke when he did and spotted him. Maybe the police sweep would've found him in time otherwise, maybe not.

greazeball
Feb 4, 2003

So smoking bans saved our country?

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.

watt par posted:

That's actually a somewhat fair assessment.[b]

Yeah, when I read that, the first thing I think is "fair assessment".

He's right about one thing.

Human Turd, Rush Limbaugh posted:

This is almost caricature. This is almost cliche. This is almost Mad magazine, The Onion.

kik2dagroin
Mar 23, 2007

Use the anger. Use it.
The Onion published this wonderful op-ed a few years back

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc

watt par posted:

That's actually a somewhat fair assessment. The kid possibly would've bled out if the boat's owner hadn't stepped out for a smoke when he did and spotted him. Maybe the police sweep would've found him in time otherwise, maybe not.

No doubt we're all lucky that he was smoking and attentive enough to notice but so what?

Do you think he'd be leading with a tip of the hat to pot smokers if this happened in Washington state and some dreadlocked punk was fed up with this manhunt poo poo and went to go rip a giant bong hit on his back porch, got all paranoid about his wakeboarding boat looking weird and caught the guy?

I used to smoke, I think they're unfairly beat up on, probably almost as much as Rush but there's no "there" there. He's getting smug because ciggarettes played a tiny part in catching the Boston marathon bomber, it's just illustrative of the kind of person he is.

Spun Dog
Sep 21, 2004

Smellrose

Intel&Sebastian posted:

No doubt we're all lucky that he was smoking and attentive enough to notice but so what?

Do you think he'd be leading with a tip of the hat to pot smokers if this happened in Washington state and some dreadlocked punk was fed up with this manhunt poo poo and went to go rip a giant bong hit on his back porch, got all paranoid about his wakeboarding boat looking weird and caught the guy?

I used to smoke, I think they're unfairly beat up on, probably almost as much as Rush but there's no "there" there. He's getting smug because ciggarettes played a tiny part in catching the Boston marathon bomber, it's just illustrative of the kind of person he is.

You think Rush is unfairly beat up on?

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc

Spun Dog posted:

You think Rush is unfairly beat up on?

I'm saying I would venture to guess that if it came up in casual conversation I would mostly agree with Rush about how the country treats smokers.

hotlettuce
Apr 18, 2013

Democracy is real, just ask the guy who makes all the decisions.

JoshTheStampede posted:

Does anyone even use Caucasian to mean white anymore? I feel like I never hear it except in the context of dumb "how about that political correctness" jokes.

We emigrated from Caucistan to escape the Holy Roman Empire.

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Has Glenn Beck blown the lid off this whole thing yet? Don't hold out on me, Beck.

Spun Dog
Sep 21, 2004

Smellrose

Intel&Sebastian posted:

I'm saying I would venture to guess that if it came up in casual conversation I would mostly agree with Rush about how the country treats smokers.

My misunderstanding.

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

Rorus Raz posted:

Has Glenn Beck blown the lid off this whole thing yet? Don't hold out on me, Beck.

Nah. It's just more crazy bullshit: The Blaze

beckbeckbeckbeckbeck posted:

-A Saudi national originally identified as a “person of interest” in the Boston Marathon bombing was set to be deported under section 212 3B — “Security and related grounds” — “Terrorist activities” after the bombing

-As the story gained traction, TheBlaze’s Chief Content Officer Joel Cheatwood received word that the government may not deport the Saudi national, originally identified as Abdul Rahman Ali Alharbi

-Homeland Security Secretary Janet Napolitano refused to answer questions on the subject when confronted by Rep. Jeff Duncan (R-SC) on Capitol Hill.

-An ICE official said a different Saudi national is in custody, but is “in no way” connected to the bombings.

-A congressional source, however, says that the file on Alharbi was created, that he was “linked” in some way to the Boston bombings (though it is unclear how), and that documents showing all this have been sent to Congress.

-Key congressmen of the Committee on Homeland Security request a classified briefing with Napolitano

-Fox News’ Todd Starnes reports that Alharbi was allegedly flagged on a terrorist watch list and granted a student visa without being properly vetted. Sources close to the investigation also told him the Saudi is still set for deportation.

-New information provided to TheBlaze reveals Alharbi’s file was altered early Wednesday evening to disassociate him from the initial charges

-Sources say the Saudi’s student visa specifically allows him to go to school in Findlay, Ohio, though he appears to have an apartment in Boston, Massachusetts

-Sources tell us this will most likely now be kicked from the DHS to the DOJ and labeled an ongoing investigation that can no longer be discussed.

"Sources" "Key congressmen" "Fox News" All the usual bullshit.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc

Rorus Raz posted:

He blew his load too early on the Saudi National thing and now he has to stick with it until it can be folded into the larger conspiracy.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
Hey man, he's just asking questions.

And shilling gold.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax

Intel&Sebastian posted:

But if we didn't treat smokers "badly" he'd have just smoked inside and not seen Dzokhar.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Intel&Sebastian posted:

It's pure Pavlov. He's praising things he knows have a positive association with his listeners while at the same connecting a bunch of things he knows they hate. There's really no argument or content here at all: it's just a roll call of cigarettes and put-upon, hen-pecked middle-class men vs. college professors, foreigners, and muslims. The fact that people were murdered seems completely inconsequential, or less consequential than the claim that college professors teach their students to hate America.

Eulogistics
Aug 30, 2012
Fresh from Rush Limbaugh's disgusting face:

quote:

Fox News is now the most watched cable network in America!

He's now ranting about how it has replaced CNN as the go-to network for news and stuff. Making the big assumption that he's not talking out of his rear end...

Actually, it doesn't matter if he's talking out of his rear end; his listeners will believe it since he says it. From now on when I hear "liberal media!" I'll just quote El Rushbo his own self.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RPZip
Feb 6, 2009

WORDS IN THE HEART
CANNOT BE TAKEN

Eulogistics posted:

Fresh from Rush Limbaugh's disgusting face:

He's now ranting about how it has replaced CNN as the go-to network for news and stuff. Making the big assumption that he's not talking out of his rear end...

Actually, it doesn't matter if he's talking out of his rear end; his listeners will believe it since he says it. From now on when I hear "liberal media!" I'll just quote El Rushbo his own self.

It's been the top cable news network for a while. Over the last week, it was the top cable network period.