Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

AmazonTony posted:

Typical Jiv, crapping all over my awesome deals! Seriously though, I work on another forum, Cheapassgamer.com and they found this gem and asked if I'd run a promo on it a few months back, Plug-In digital was game and it performed so well they wanted to run it again.

He's just playing coy, AmazonTony. Keep at him. Buy him a drink, ask him to dance. You'll get there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AmazonTony
Nov 23, 2012

I'm the Marketing Manager for Amazon's Digital Video Games group. Feel free to ask me questions about upcoming and current deals. We'll also be doing community giveaways, Q&As with developers, and Podcasts with ++GoodGames.

jivjov posted:

Tony, I love every single deal you've ever run. Except this one. Can I get Bad Rats on sale? Or maybe the newest sim city? I prefer poo poo in my games to me more...metaphorical.

Haha, I'll pitch a Bad Rats sale. We just had the new SimCity on sale for $39.99, did you miss it? If so, you'll have another shot at it on Sunday.

AmazonTony
Nov 23, 2012

I'm the Marketing Manager for Amazon's Digital Video Games group. Feel free to ask me questions about upcoming and current deals. We'll also be doing community giveaways, Q&As with developers, and Podcasts with ++GoodGames.

Drifter posted:

He's just playing coy, AmazonTony. Keep at him. Buy him a drink, ask him to dance. You'll get there.

I love this thread.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum

AmazonTony posted:

I love this thread.

And we love you too Tony. Seriously though, you go above and beyond in giving us awesome deals.

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup
The fifa 13 deal is really great, shared it with a few people already.

Thanks!

Syrinxx
Mar 28, 2002

Death is whimsical today

CAG was already the 4chan of gaming sites now they have convinced Amazon to run a deal on loving Toilet Tycoon. Pretty sure they need to be nuked from orbit.

Poppleganger
Jul 29, 2004
AR$E

Yodzilla posted:

e: i wish Apple would get rid of or curate user reviews in the App Store. good lord what a useless sack of crap that is

You used to be able to downvote posts on the App Store but I guess that might hurt people's feelings if they can see that their complaints about spending a dollar on He-Man a week before it went free are stupid.

Mandalay
Mar 16, 2007

WoW Forums Refugee

hopterque posted:

Thanks!

Yeah, FIFA13 for :10bux: is testing my resolve to not buy games on Origin.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

Mandalay posted:

Yeah, FIFA13 for :10bux: is testing my resolve to not buy games on Origin.

Unless you're planning to never buy an EA game on PC ever again (a distinct possibility, I will admit) you will eventually have games on Origin.

AmazonTony
Nov 23, 2012

Hey guys,

Continuing the disucussion around Indie Games, we've got this game "16BitArena" on sale for 50% off right now:

http://www.amazon.com/16BitArena-com-16-Bit-Arena-Download/dp/B00BR37EO4?tag=somethingawfu-20

It looks pretty neat, I might check it out, if I do I'll give you some impressions.

wa27
Jan 15, 2007

AmazonTony posted:

Hey guys,

Continuing the disucussion around Indie Games, we've got this game "16BitArena" on sale for 50% off right now:

http://www.amazon.com/16BitArena-com-16-Bit-Arena-Download/dp/B00BR37EO4?tag=somethingawfu-20

It looks pretty neat, I might check it out, if I do I'll give you some impressions.

"Want me to transform?" he whispered to Psycrow.

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Now who looks even dumber?

Beef Witch
That is some dire, dire artwork.

Breadallelogram
Oct 9, 2012

Yodzilla posted:

That is some dire, dire artwork.

I think that's misunderstanding the definitions of both "art" and "work."

Superanos
Nov 13, 2009

Can you get Steam keys for Far Cry 3 Blood Dragon (currently it's uplay only)? You already offer Steam keys for Far Cry 3 so maybe Ubisoft has seen the light!

Lowness 72
Jul 19, 2006
BUTTS LOL

Jade Ear Joe
I picked up FIFA . Thanks Tony.

Mootallica
Jun 28, 2005

I know I'm just being picky, but in the Deal of the Week blurb it's advertising Football Manager 2013 for :10bux:, not FIFA Manager 13. I got my hopes up thinking it was the Sega one :(

Age of the Atomic Mom
Oct 15, 2009

Hey Tony, at the start of the year you had the best ever Sims 3 bundle. I didn't jump on it because it was after the Steam sale and funds were gone but I was wondering if that same bundle or something better would happen again in the near/far future?

workingdogv1
Jul 10, 2001

:catdrugs:

hopterque posted:

Thanks!

Same. I haven't played a Soccer game in ages but this one has me intrigued and I couldn't turn down the price. Thanks Tony.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Making a new EVE Online account only $5 makes it far too tempting to get another alt, which I just did.

Thanks Tony

Dodoman
Feb 26, 2009

A moment of laxity
A lifetime of regret
Lipstick Apathy
Hey Tony any chance on matching the steam daily deal for Farcry 3? It's 40% off at the moment.

KoB
May 1, 2009
Any chance of Sleepy Dogs going on sale soon?

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

The answer is, mate, because I want to do you slowly. There has to be a bit of sport in this for all of us. In the psychological battle stakes, we are stripped down and ready to go. I want to see those ashen-faced performances; I want more of them. I want to be encouraged. I want to see you squirm.

Mootallica posted:

I know I'm just being picky, but in the Deal of the Week blurb it's advertising Football Manager 2013 for :10bux:, not FIFA Manager 13. I got my hopes up thinking it was the Sega one :(

The Sega one is currently 50% off: http://www.amazon.com/Football-Manager-2013-Online-Game/dp/B009IXNPL6/

KoB
May 1, 2009

KoB posted:

Any chance of Sleepy Dogs going on sale soon?

Looks like Gamersgate beat you to the punch Tony, will Amazon be price matching?

http://www.gamersgate.com/sleepingdogs?aff=ggnews

Crashbee
May 15, 2007

Stupid people are great at winning arguments, because they're too stupid to realize they've lost.

KoB posted:

Looks like Gamersgate beat you to the punch Tony, will Amazon be price matching?

AmazonTony posted:

Notes on Price Matching:

1. We don't match international retailers (GMG, GetGamesGo, GOG, Gamersgate, etc).

KoB
May 1, 2009
Whoops :v:

I knew GMG was international but forgot about Gamersgate.

MinionOfCthulhu
Oct 28, 2005

I got this title for free due to my proximity to an idiot who wanted to save $5 on an avatar by having someone else spend $9.95 instead.

KoB posted:

Whoops :v:

I knew GMG was international but forgot about Gamersgate.

If it starts with the letter G, it's international. :v:

AmazonTony
Nov 23, 2012

Hey guys,

I'm in Iceland for Eve Online Fanfest (meeting up with some Goons tomorrow I think). Here are some updated deals though:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/feature.ht..._rd_i=979455011

4/21-4/30:

Sim City: $39.99
Dead Space 3: $39.99
Dead Space 3 Awakened: $5.00
Medal of Honor: Warfighter: $10.00
Command & Conquer: The Ultimate Collection: $15.00
SimCity: British City Set: $5.00
SimCity: French City Set: $5.00

BigDumper
Feb 15, 2008

Any chance of Arkham City GOTY going on sale soon?

AmazonTony
Nov 23, 2012

ThatWhiteGuy posted:

Any chance of Arkham City GOTY going on sale soon?

Working on it for our May sale. Iceland is amazing by the way...so amazing.

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
Over/under on the amount of ice you've seen so far? I bet at least three kilotons.

AmazonTony
Nov 23, 2012

Mozi posted:

Over/under on the amount of ice you've seen so far? I bet at least three kilotons.

At least, I also saw a bunch of Puffin yesterday, just randomly hanging out by the wharf I was walking on. I'm about to go have some sort of Icelandic Steak Dinner.

cheezit
Jan 9, 2004

sleep?
Is C&C a Steam key? I'm leaning towards no (it's not in the two spots it would be) and that most EA games aren't, just curious.

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness
There anything on the horizon for DmC or Dishonored by any chance?

revtoiletduck
Aug 21, 2006
smart newbie

cheezit posted:

Is C&C a Steam key? I'm leaning towards no (it's not in the two spots it would be) and that most EA games aren't, just curious.

It requires Origin.

Tecman
Sep 11, 2003

Loading the Universe...
Please Wait.

Pillbug

cheezit posted:

revtoiletduck posted:

It requires Origin.
Not only that, if you'd buy it in retail the box would literally contain only an Origin key, no game disc whatsoever. :v:

I'd say it's still worth it just for the fact that you don't have to type in those goddamn keys whenever you re-install (I'm looking at you "a million keys to type in" The First Decade). Do keep in mind that some of the games have changed somewhat and some mods need tweaks to work.

Syrinxx
Mar 28, 2002

Death is whimsical today

Man I got so excited to grab Medal of Honor: Warfighter for :10bux:, proceeded to Amazon page, realized it was an Origin game, left unhappy and went to check out the Steam deals of the day instead :(

DrManiac
Feb 29, 2012

AmazonTony posted:

4/21-4/30:

Sim City: $39.99

For anyone not in the know, this game is still broken as poo poo. Like, they just released a patch that didn't fix anything and added more bugs broken.

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.
Origin is fine and people need better causes to get behind.

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

Any hope for a wired 360/Xinput controller going on sale any time soon? Mine just kicked the bucket after several months of having an extremely finicky left thumbstick.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lord Lambeth
Dec 7, 2011

KoB posted:

I've been itching to pick this up. Which DLC is worth it?

• Locked thread