Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Not So Fast
Dec 27, 2007

CottonWolf posted:

Yeah, I'll help. What information do you need from me?

The card disappeared due to unforeseen circumstances (drat Heists!) but I'll probably need to be following you on Twitter to do it. I'm @slowbullet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gowb
Apr 14, 2005

Not So Fast posted:

The card disappeared due to unforeseen circumstances (drat Heists!) but I'll probably need to be following you on Twitter to do it. I'm @slowbullet.

I'll help! But my Watchful is 59...too high? Anyway my name in game is Jozef Hall

If anyone wants some box cats i've got 'em, add me

gowb fucked around with this message at 10:07 on Nov 30, 2012

Rogue AI Goddess
May 10, 2012

I enjoy the sight of humans on their knees.
That was a joke... unless..?

Dallan Invictus posted:

What a brilliantly cruel idea on their part.

I'm under impression that the entire SMEN quest line is nothing but a metaphor for a crippling hard drug addiction. It swiftly takes over the character's life, forcing them to perform increasingly degrading acts, wrecks their mind, body and soul, ruins them financially and socially, all in exchange for vague nightmarish hallucinations and constant craving.

So it makes sense that, at some point, a Seeker would have to lure new junkies into the fold to sustain his or her habit.

gowb
Apr 14, 2005

If anybody has any rats, I'll take 'em! I'm trying to grow this stupid plant. It better be worth it!

Bieeanshee
Aug 21, 2000

Not keen on keening.

Grimey Drawer
That goddamn plant is like seeking Mr. Eaten's name without the incessant out-of-character warnings.

Not So Fast
Dec 27, 2007

It's done.

Now to see what this drat card does...

Sair
May 11, 2007

That's a bit worrying.

Project1
Dec 30, 2003

it's time
Is anyone playing the other games on StoryNexus? I'm really enjoying Samsara so far, though I'm not very far in. Zero Summer was not too bad either.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Not So Fast posted:

It's done.

Now to see what this drat card does...

I'm curious, how long did it take you to grind up the funds for that monstrosity?

Project1 posted:

Is anyone playing the other games on StoryNexus? I'm really enjoying Samsara so far, though I'm not very far in. Zero Summer was not too bad either.

Samsara is probably the best of the lot. I hope the minor stories actually get fleshed out when the author finishes the next part; I'd have liked to see what happened.

Annwn Simulation is probably the best of the ones that aren't featured, though the ending was kind of abrupt.

Not So Fast
Dec 27, 2007

Unguided posted:

I'm curious, how long did it take you to grind up the funds for that monstrosity?

A year or so, together with selling off my other suits, pets and so on. This was in-between bouts of not playing due to boredom with doing said grind, even though all it was was getting Moon-pearls from Mahogany Hall. If I'd actually been logging in and playing all my actions everyday I'd have got it done in August.

Garbanian
Sep 18, 2011

GUUUUUURRRRLLLLL
My twitter is MrTechnitium

tripwood
Jul 21, 2003

"Cuno can see you're trying to shit him, but Cuno's unshittable, so fuck does Cuno care?"

Hint: He doesn't care.

Not So Fast posted:

A year or so, together with selling off my other suits, pets and so on. This was in-between bouts of not playing due to boredom with doing said grind, even though all it was was getting Moon-pearls from Mahogany Hall. If I'd actually been logging in and playing all my actions everyday I'd have got it done in August.

So what the overgoat actions do? Especially the 8 action one.

Not So Fast
Dec 27, 2007

tripwood posted:

So what the overgoat actions do? Especially the 8 action one.

I believe it rewards a Storm-Threnody worth 12.5 echoes, which isn't a bad deal. It's from the cards though, so it's not reliable.

e: First timing playing in a few months, I get a Mr. Eaten card. I'd forgotten how expensive it was to play these, drat.

Not So Fast fucked around with this message at 22:28 on Feb 6, 2013

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
I have no idea how this game really works, I've just been digging at a few early mysteries in Ladybones. Currently Watchful 14/Persuasive 7.

What should I expect, and is there a certain thing I should do in this area or another?

Mr. Spooky
Jul 1, 2003

I was allowed this account on the condition that I never post.

Colon V posted:

I have no idea how this game really works, I've just been digging at a few early mysteries in Ladybones. Currently Watchful 14/Persuasive 7.

What should I expect, and is there a certain thing I should do in this area or another?

Just keep poking about at things that interest you. Plot threads will ultimately begin to emerge.

DNA Cowboys
Feb 22, 2012

BOYS I KNOW
Happy Feast of the Exceptional Rose! Is anyone else grinding their Masquing ever-upward in hopes of meeting their/a true love? It's something to do while the plans to head North, ever North are underway.

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!
Is that what people are doing these days? I'm quite in love with my face-stealing inamorata.

DNA Cowboys
Feb 22, 2012

BOYS I KNOW
There's a new crop of paramours that can be met for another week or so. They're pets, but the text suggests they can be upgraded to constant companions at a later point.

Participating in the Feast of the Exceptional Rose increases the Masquing quality, but the only ways to raise it above 27 are by paying Internet dollars or grinding for one of two rare adventures in the Carnival. I'm all right with never knowing the constant companionship of a certain Green-Eyed Devil (Masquing 100), but the Hollow Eyed Tragedian (Masquing 40) is a more attainable addition to my gang.

Every Man Jack
Jan 14, 2010
Pillbug
What are you grinding at the Carnival to gain Masquing?

pumpinglemma
Apr 28, 2009

DD: Fondly regard abomination.

Rare successes on join the dancers seems to be the best way - on a normal success you still get 3 incendiary gossips, and on a rare success you get 3 masquing and a puzzle-damask. I'm up to a little short of 80 so far (without paying Fate), and as a bonus I have enough almost enough gossip to trade for souls and get rooms at the embassy.

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!

DNA Cowboys posted:

There's a new crop of paramours that can be met for another week or so. They're pets, but the text suggests they can be upgraded to constant companions at a later point.

Participating in the Feast of the Exceptional Rose increases the Masquing quality, but the only ways to raise it above 27 are by paying Internet dollars or grinding for one of two rare adventures in the Carnival. I'm all right with never knowing the constant companionship of a certain Green-Eyed Devil (Masquing 100), but the Hollow Eyed Tragedian (Masquing 40) is a more attainable addition to my gang.

The culmination of the devilish romance storylines was so disappointing.

DNA Cowboys
Feb 22, 2012

BOYS I KNOW

Halloween Jack posted:

The culmination of the devilish romance storylines was so disappointing.

That makes me feel better about spurning the deviless. Nothing good comes from consorting with devils, I say!

Now, Mr. Eaten on the other hand...

Spacemarine9
Feb 24, 2013
Seems like the Feast is ending and something weird's up with the Bazaar's spires.
Options have been unlocking rather rapidly over the last hour or so.
http://imgur.com/2ecdu09

aaand it's over. that was exciting. Got a few rare items out of it, including a golden crab that gives +6 dangerous. And an elemental secret.

Spacemarine9 fucked around with this message at 22:41 on Mar 1, 2013

tripwood
Jul 21, 2003

"Cuno can see you're trying to shit him, but Cuno's unshittable, so fuck does Cuno care?"

Hint: He doesn't care.
Polythrene is so goddamn boring and I'm saying this after having Zailed everywhere. Worst location in the game. The mechanism is even more repetitive then normal and it's absurd.

Bieeanshee
Aug 21, 2000

Not keen on keening.

Grimey Drawer
And that's even after figuring out the ideal progression for building Investigating or Fascinating. Does it still take twice as long to get there than it should, thanks to the Sea of Voices being treated as a location of its own?

And to top it all off, the Jack origin story turns out to be a big puddle of wank.

Spacemarine9
Feb 24, 2013
I dunno if any of you have heard, but a new season of Knife and Candle is starting up pretty soon. It's invite based, but I have some spare. Gotta give up an Iron Knife Token, which sort of act as your health meter. You get one every 24 hours or when you kill someone.

Post your storynexus ID or twitter handle or something and I can send one I guess.
At the minute there's not much to do besides wait for opportunity cards to let you pick a Form and then wait for more opportunity cards to actually murder people. The season isn't properly open yet though, so there'll probably be some way to kill people that doesn't involve waiting for rare cards later.

Wilmott Snipes
May 29, 2002

It's daddy shithead, where's the bourbon?
To everyone searching for Mr. Eaten's name, it seems that to get one of the candles you have to win 77 tokens in Knife and Candle.

Spacemarine9
Feb 24, 2013
The upper cap of Iron Knife Tokens is actually 50 at the minute so it isn't actually possible yet. Still, a new league is opening soon (?) so maybe that'll have a higher cap.

Wilmott Snipes
May 29, 2002

It's daddy shithead, where's the bourbon?
Thanks for letting me know before I went on a mad rush to collect a bunch of tokens.

Spacemarine9
Feb 24, 2013
A vast quantity of murder will probably be needed at some point so it might not be a bad idea to start your collection now. It'll give you a headstart when the inevitable "Stab another Seeker and steal 7/all tokens" option happens.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

What's the least painful way to get a London Street Sign? I hate having to rely on those dumb cards to go to the Forgotten Quarter.

(Totally not spoilers, they're visible from the moment you get an abode. :v:)

Rogue AI Goddess
May 10, 2012

I enjoy the sight of humans on their knees.
That was a joke... unless..?

Colon V posted:

What's the least painful way to get a London Street Sign?

Buy one for 5 Echoes.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Ephemeron posted:

Buy one for 5 Echoes.
Under what heading?

Spacemarine9
Feb 24, 2013
They're on the Goods tab near the very bottom. You can obtain them a few other ways but they're sparse and rarely worth it and 5 echoes is a pittance.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Okay, cool, thanks. Totally going to start adding you guys for things, too. It sucks having only one friend who plays, and even then not often.

DNA Cowboys
Feb 22, 2012

BOYS I KNOW
Knife and Candlers: A certain Evariste S. Crumbledon (Lord Crumbledon) is very elusive. I would not suggest using stealth against him for the time being.

Spacemarine9
Feb 24, 2013
Getting 77 Iron Knife Tokens is now possible.

it costs a waxwail knife :unsmigghh:

And you can steal Silver Knife Tokens en masse as well!

by lighting St Arthur's Candle with a Searing Enigma and stealing them from another Seeker :unsmigghh:

Spacemarine9 fucked around with this message at 20:32 on Apr 30, 2013

Gymer
May 30, 2012
The twitter I set up for the game is GymerC

Spacemarine9
Feb 24, 2013
Oh no one of the new items they added to the Bazaar is a fedora. these are the End Times

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DNA Cowboys
Feb 22, 2012

BOYS I KNOW
I'm willing to ignore the fedora once I'm kitted out in salivating gloves and armour fashioned in the nations of the easternmost Unterzee. Each chitinous segment a perfect slab of hardened night.