Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
RideTheSpiral
Sep 18, 2005
College Slice

Mister Chief posted:

Does anyone have odds on a Pune win?

That can't possibly be offering odds on that. If I dump my life saving on maybe I can make a cheeky fiver.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
bet365 were offering 25/1 a few minutes ago

Lionel Richie
Nov 14, 2004

33/1 best price. 1/50 best price for Bangalore.

RideTheSpiral
Sep 18, 2005
College Slice

goatface posted:

bet365 were offering 25/1 a few minutes ago

1/1 for RCB. Quality bet that.

E, oops wrong team and match. Probably the same though.

RideTheSpiral fucked around with this message at 14:06 on Apr 23, 2013

Anarkii
Dec 30, 2008
Whats the minimum number of overs needed in T20 to constitute a match? It rained earlier, and might rain again

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Five5.

It's as stupid as it sounds.

PTizzle
Oct 1, 2008

goatface posted:

Five5.

It's as stupid as it sounds.

Adjusted total of 60 in 5 overs, Pune win!!!

(this sounds like the kind of thing that'd happen).

Honestly only tuned in tonight by chance but it'd be a bit poo poo if RCB didn't get the full points after a performance like that.

EDIT: According to Cricinfo if the rain had come in and reduced it to 5 overs after Finch got out it would have been 67 runs in 5 overs to win. That wouldn't have been too hard. Good ol' D/L.

PTizzle fucked around with this message at 14:39 on Apr 23, 2013

YardGlass
Jan 21, 2003

Instant asshole: Just add beer

Doc Holliday posted:

So Cowan will be in charge of ghostwriting Clarke's tour diary and Lyon will sing the team song (if they ever win again). If they give everyone in the team a second job then pretty soon they won't be able to sack any of them.

Unless their second job involves Powerpoint at all...

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Heh, winning by so many they let Gayle bowl the final over.

Anarkii
Dec 30, 2008
Gayle used to bowl for WI in ODIs pretty regularly and was a pretty handy bowler. Wonder why he stopped bowling

e: 157 wickets in ODI and 72 wickets in Tests. Is it an injury/fitness thing?

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
He's just got two wickets here, maybe he'll start again.

RideTheSpiral
Sep 18, 2005
College Slice
He nearly got a hat-trick there.

PTizzle
Oct 1, 2008

Anarkii posted:

Gayle used to bowl for WI in ODIs pretty regularly and was a pretty handy bowler. Wonder why he stopped bowling

e: 157 wickets in ODI and 72 wickets in Tests. Is it an injury/fitness thing?

Pretty sure he bowled a little against the Aussies when they were down here last, although I might be misremembering. I think he still does now and then but the Windies have a lot of guys who can do a bit of part-time.

I'd say he'd be a handy test bowler now and then still for a change-up or a breakthrough. Might be a bit of fitness/management and a bit of him not being particularly interested in it.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Thinking about it, the Windies have got both Narine and Shillingford that bowl spin before him, maybe they're just not finding a use for him in the attack.

PTizzle
Oct 1, 2008

goatface posted:

Thinking about it, the Windies have got both Narine and Shillingford that bowl spin before him, maybe they're just not finding a use for him in the attack.

Yeah, that too. Although I liken his bowling a bit to Dilshan and Sri Lanka always manage to get a fair few overs out of him.

RideTheSpiral
Sep 18, 2005
College Slice

:stonk::stonk::stonk:

cadfael
Nov 7, 2010

Holy smokes, he was literally knocking chunks out of the stadium

Centusin
Aug 5, 2009
Clarke(c), Haddin (vc), Khawaja, Warner, Cowan, Hughes, Wade, Lyon, Faulkner, Watson, Rogers, Siddle, Bird, Harris, Pattinson, Starc

Rogers and Harris are good choices and I have no idea why they're still picking Watson.

fuckpot
May 20, 2007

Lurking beneath the water
The future Immortal awaits

Team Anasta
Thank god Harris is in the side.

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher

Scylo posted:

Clarke(c), Haddin (vc), Khawaja, Warner, Cowan, Hughes, Wade, Lyon, Faulkner, Watson, Rogers, Siddle, Bird, Harris, Pattinson, Starc

Rogers and Harris are good choices and I have no idea why they're still picking Watson.

Probably the best touring side they could have picked, apart from no O'Keefe. Bowling-wise it looks really good.

Really not much to be upset with and good to see Rogers finally get another go.

Drugs
Jul 16, 2010

I don't like people who take drugs. Customs agents, for example - Albert Einstein
Pattinson to break down in warm-up match, Johnson sent in as cover.

Burn Down Canberra
Oct 27, 2005

GAME PLANS? We don't need no stinking game plans.

:cry: :cry: :cry:
That isn't too terrible. Much better balance than the India disaster.

VOTE1
Aug 23, 2007

Scylo posted:

A seam bowling unit of Siddle, Harris, Pattinson, Starc, Faulkner and Bird is a pretty decent 6 to rotate through as each one gets injured.

Still have to score runs to win games though, and that's only marginally better than the India tour team.

YardGlass
Jan 21, 2003

Instant asshole: Just add beer

VOTE1 posted:

A seam bowling unit of Siddle, Harris, Pattinson, Starc, Faulkner and Bird is a pretty decent 6 to rotate through as each one gets injured.

Still have to score runs to win games though, and that's only marginally better than the India tour team.

Bowling wise it's ok. Siddle is workable, Pattinson is good, but the rest we shall see how they do. Don't know where they'll score any runs if Clarke doesn't score though.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Harris might be hosed already.

JingleBells
Jan 7, 2007

Oh what fun it is to see the Harriers win away!

Samit Patel :lol:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w03QKcN4EDs

Lionel Richie
Nov 14, 2004

Shocking unsportsmanlike behaviour from the keeper.

thehappyprince
Apr 4, 2006

Alastair Cock

Hahahaha that's so samit

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

thehappyprince posted:

that's so samit

Coming to ITV this summer.

thehappyprince
Apr 4, 2006

Alastair Cock

it makes me laugh and laugh

can you make that avatar sized?

also can you buy it for lionel?

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

Neither he nor Samit is worth the money or the effort.

Lionel Richie
Nov 14, 2004

Clearly a single there too

thehappyprince
Apr 4, 2006

Alastair Cock

i've put it in the op

Lionel Richie
Nov 14, 2004

Rated 1

Anarkii
Dec 30, 2008
McCullum not getting a single game so far in the IPL is pretty baffling after the form he was in.

Ilanin
May 31, 2009

Smarter than the average Blair.
Well, it's him or Morgan, and Morgan arrived sooner so he was available at the start, and has then played too well to be dropped, or so the argument goes.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Chanderpaul has come over to county cricket to discover that playing for Derbyshire can be just like playing for the Windies.

Ilanin
May 31, 2009

Smarter than the average Blair.
This week and the next one are probably the strongest ones in the County Championship, with almost all the match-fit England players available for their counties. Quite a lot of England or England-candidate players brought their A-game, too:

Joe Root - 49 and 182, as Yorkshire broke the record for a chase at the Riverside; Tim Bresnan took 4/41 and 2/70 in the same match, less than great but also not terrible.
Stuart Broad - 4/57, 41 and 4/34, bowling Nottinghamshire to a nine-wicket win over Derbyshire; James Taylor scored 112 for Notts in the same match (Ed Cowan made 59 and 15*).
Nick Compton - 52 and 105*, because we can't have Root getting away with things, while Jos Buttler added 119* in that match. I'd say "but Taunton" had Warwickshire not managed to be bowled out for 158.
James Anderson - 4/57 (and then 0/29 off 14 overs, as Kent decided that saving the match was a good idea)

I'd be tempted to maybe head over to Trent Bridge (Notts at home to Durham, with Swann returning after his injury to join Broad in the Notts XI) or Headingley (Yorkshire against Derbyshire, or "if we can get Chanderpaul for less than you can get Root, we'll probably win") next week, if it wasn't for the fact that the weather's expected to be terrible.

Boonys Cut Shot
Nov 5, 2004

Elite athlete
I'm gonna have to go the Oval this season, will surely be my last chance to see Ponting in the flesh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Centusin
Aug 5, 2009
Here is why O'Keefe doesn't get picked http://www.espncricinfo.com/magazine/content/story/633119.html

quote:

A question that keeps coming up, particularly in reference to the India tour, was, why doesn't Steve O'Keefe get picked?

Steve O'Keefe is a very good cricketer. He's taken wickets, and he's a steady batsman. Whenever we've been at the selection table, we've marginally preferred other players to him. But he's still regarded as a good cricketer. We're very aware of his figures and we do look deeper than that. But there's a panel of five of us and there's a consistency of view when we select the spinners.

..which isn't much of an answer.

• Locked thread