Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RazorBunny
May 23, 2007

Sometimes I feel like this.

Fluffy Bunnies posted:

How wide is it? Though I'm sure someone would be happy to have it.

Husband just flat out built one for the danes. Whenever the carpet gets tacked down on it I'll get a picture of them using it.

20" wide by 70" long. A little bit of the width is a raised plastic lip, but most of it is usable surface with a grit-type traction material.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bob Morales
Aug 18, 2006

Just wear the fucking mask, Bob

I don't care how many people I probably infected with COVID-19 while refusing to wear a mask, my comfort is far more important than the health and safety of everyone around me!

More pictures of my dog, from when she was about 10-15lbs heavier. She looks like a cow.

Suspect Bucket
Jan 15, 2012

SHRIMPDOR WAS A MAN
I mean, HE WAS A SHRIMP MAN
er, maybe also A DRAGON
or possibly
A MINOR LEAGUE BASEBALL TEAM
BUT HE WAS STILL
SHRIMPDOR

I did a double-take and had to scroll back up to get a good look at this one. It looked like she had some horrible overbite, or twin buck teeth.

Misanthrope
Jun 10, 2001

QUACK QUACK QUACK QUACK QUACK
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xP2VWiaJsQs

Please excuse me sounding like an idiot throughout... you know how it is.

uptown
May 16, 2009
Shanti is going to be a year old on the 14th!

Petey
Nov 26, 2005

For who knows what is good for a person in life, during the few and meaningless days they pass through like a shadow? Who can tell them what will happen under the sun after they are gone?
I am endlessly jealous.

Mrfreezewarning
Feb 2, 2010

All these goddamn books need more descriptions of boobies in them!

uptown posted:

don't move pillow.

Food Guy
Oct 10, 2012
It has been just over a year since we rescued Holly, and it was rocky for the first two or three months, but she has settled in quite nicely.

DrClownsHappyHand
Jan 28, 2013
This is Maggie our mastiff

She likes to hang out with our Basset-Sharpei Winston

She's bigger, but he knows how to show her he's boss:

She's a pretty happy looking dog:

Dr Ozziemandius
Apr 28, 2011

Ozzie approves

I miss my Pyrenees. They're great dogs. If only Monkey would have learned to respect the idea of fences. :(

DrClownsHappyHand posted:

She's bigger, but he knows how to show her he's boss:

Maggie is awesome, and I'm afraid we're going to require more pics, thankyouverymuch. :colbert:

uptown posted:

Happy late birthday, Shanti. You continue to be amazing! :neckbeard:

I don't have any new dog pics uploaded right now, so here's an old camping pic of Ozzie and the late, great Piper, one of my buddy's pibbles. Possibly the smartest, sweetest dog I've ever known. Rest in peace, old girl. She was put to sleep this past winter after 15 great years and a long battle with cancer. She's about 12 in this pic, and was still the boss dog of the pack. :3:

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

Dr Ozziemandius posted:

I miss my Pyrenees. They're great dogs. If only Monkey would have learned to respect the idea of fences. :(

Maggie is awesome, and I'm afraid we're going to require more pics, thankyouverymuch. :colbert:

Happy late birthday, Shanti. You continue to be amazing! :neckbeard:

I don't have any new dog pics uploaded right now, so here's an old camping pic of Ozzie and the late, great Piper, one of my buddy's pibbles. Possibly the smartest, sweetest dog I've ever known. Rest in peace, old girl. She was put to sleep this past winter after 15 great years and a long battle with cancer. She's about 12 in this pic, and was still the boss dog of the pack. :3:

More pics of Ozzie and your other Dane (Sage), please!

cryingscarf
Feb 4, 2007

~*FaBuLoUs*~

Pigsfeet on Rye posted:

More pics of every PI horse-dog, please!

I fixed that for you.

mattfl
Aug 27, 2004

cryingscarf posted:

I fixed that for you.

Haven't posted Archer and Gracie in a while so here you go :)

They both have gotten to like hanging around in my garage when I'm working on my Jeep.

I was eating dinner one night and had an audience.
Dad, just a little bite please!

So Gracie was sitting on the couch as was I, Archer feeling left out and knowing that the corner is usually his spot, gives no fucks and decides to sit on Gracie. Gracie just sat there, giving a, really, you're gonna sit on me look.

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

mattfl posted:

So Gracie was sitting on the couch as was I, Archer feeling left out and knowing that the corner is usually his spot, gives no fucks and decides to sit on Gracie. Gracie just sat there, giving a, really, you're gonna sit on me look.

Yeah, Amy does that poo poo too. Still. Though that's a really old picture.

Speaking of old pictures:

Amy's never been particularly dignified. Balen on the other hand has always be-

...Nevermind.

Valador
Oct 3, 2012

Ask me about my fake GOONS spaceship guild
I. FCKN. LOVE. THIS. THREAD. :D

All these dogs are beautiful!

I will edit and show my big girls and boys when I find some uploadable photos.

Bruinator
Jul 6, 2005
On the subject of sighthounds, the local greyhound rescue just had a litter of puppies last night! I saw the mom about 3 weeks ago just after the rescue got her and she looked ready to explode.

Best of all, there's a puppycam!

http://greysave.org/puppycam.php

uptown
May 16, 2009
Watching GreyCam now.

Parkamus
Jan 28, 2010
This is Cooper got him a week and a half ago. Found him at the rescue while there looking at a pup from their website.
He is a Boxer/Mastiff mix, about 12-14 months old says the vet. Already 25.5" tall and 85lbs. (looks like he was underfed when he got to the rescue, and they don't feed too much either.)

Him coming home

Trying to look cool

Passed out after meeting Sadie our Boxer mutant living at my parents. (she is ridiculously broad chested with stupidly short legs for her body size. and that isn't fat she is just freaking solid)

Food Guy
Oct 10, 2012

Dr Ozziemandius posted:

Holly isn't a Pyrenees, she's a Maremma. Though a Pyrenees is one of those dogs I really really want, but wouldn't be able to handle. Though from what I gather, she had the same attitude about fences from a previous house that tried to adopt her but couldn't handle her.

I'm really digging this thread, especially since I have to spend more than half a year away from my dogs. Once I go home, I shall put some more pictures of Holly up, assuming she does anything other than just lay around.

Stroop There It Is
Mar 11, 2012

:gengar::gengar::gengar::gengar::gengar:
:stroop: :gaysper: :stroop:
:gengar::gengar::gengar::gengar::gengar:

Food Guy posted:

Holly isn't a Pyrenees, she's a Maremma. Though a Pyrenees is one of those dogs I really really want, but wouldn't be able to handle. Though from what I gather, she had the same attitude about fences from a previous house that tried to adopt her but couldn't handle her.

I'm really digging this thread, especially since I have to spend more than half a year away from my dogs. Once I go home, I shall put some more pictures of Holly up, assuming she does anything other than just lay around.
Aw, I also mistook her for a Pyr. My family's Great Pyr (probably a mix, but she does have all the dewclaws) was an abused farm dog before we adopted her, so she had a ton of Issues that we've worked through over the past few years. Thankfully, she's gotten much more social and less terrified of everything... except wind and landscapers. She doesn't really seem to have a strong impulse to roam, but she does have the other classic Pyr traits, like being mostly nocturnal, barking at night at any tiny sound, and the "I know what you want me to do but I'll do it when I get around to it" attitude. Also, the bear claw swipe when she wants pets.

This is probably the prettiest picture I have of her.

These are from St. Patrick's Day (she was much more enthusiastic than my cat).

And here they are cuddling in the morning.

Edit: Bonus cuddling video. I like how she almost whacks the cat in the face and he's totally unfazed.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-B8epMA_OC0

Stroop There It Is fucked around with this message at 19:24 on Jun 3, 2013

uptown
May 16, 2009
Ha, I have some raw spots on my arm from Shanti bearclawing me yesterday.

Also, SO JEALOUS that your kitty cuddles the dog!

Dr Ozziemandius
Apr 28, 2011

Ozzie approves
BOAT!

Ozzie went for his first pontoon boat ride today, and had a blast. :haw: He liked it best if I held speed to where his ears would wing out like parachutes, but not start flapping. If they flap, he lays down out of the wind and pouts until I slow down, then he heads right back up front.

This what he looks like right now.

He just wouldn't swim with me today. :( He's been swimming before, on several canoe and camping trips, but it's been about two years since we've gone, due to a ruptured ACL and repair I went through. Maybe he's forgotten that he used to like to swim with me. He'll still ride in the canoe like a champ, and will wade and splash around all day without hesitation, but he's not going in further than his feet will touch anymore. Would getting him a bouyancy vest thingy help? Where can I find one in Shetland pony size? :ohdear:

I left Sage at home today. Many years of canoe trips have taught me that Sage is highly annoyed by water, and is deeply concerned about anyone that will subject themselves to it. She doesn't like the swim and canoe trips, so I haven't tried her on the pontoon, yet. She gets all torn up when people are swimming, but she refuses to get her dainty princess feet wet. :mad: So, she just stands at the edge of the water and squeaks and wails until everybody's on land. :rolleyes:

Dr Ozziemandius fucked around with this message at 03:45 on Jul 1, 2013

Dr Ozziemandius
Apr 28, 2011

Ozzie approves
MOAR BOAT!

Ozzie was all about it, and surprisingly, Sage took right to it and loved it! She's normally quite disparaging of all watery activities, but I think she decided that getting in the boat was a variation on going for a ride, of which she is an enthusiastic supporter.

Smug Sage.

Now that's one happy old dog.

Fuzz Feets
Apr 11, 2009

Never stop posting pics of your horse dogs being good sailors please :]

mattfl
Aug 27, 2004

You guys liked Archer right? :)

This dog lives the life let me tell you!

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

mattfl posted:

Yeah, that's really living the good life. Please tell me that you have another named Lana. Or Mallory.

mattfl
Aug 27, 2004

Pigsfeet on Rye posted:

Yeah, that's really living the good life. Please tell me that you have another named Lana. Or Mallory.

I wish! I already had Gracie before I got Archer.

Although as you can see he has the same personality of Archer lol

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Pigsfeet on Rye posted:

I think you'll find the most appropriate name would be Duchess :colbert:.

mattfl posted:

All the pillows he can rest his slobbery face on, and one just for his butt. What more could a dog ask for?

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

Amy quick! There's a camera! Do a dumb thing!

Good dog!

mattfl
Aug 27, 2004

Fluffy Bunnies posted:

Good dog!

Is she on your kitchen table? Lol

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

mattfl posted:

Is she on your kitchen table? Lol

Yeah. That table cloth is now in the washer. :cripes: I caught her on it. Fifth time I've caught her on it recently. She was trying to get to a dozen donuts last time.

Zenithbliss
Oct 22, 2007

Good Amy :3:

Writer Cath
Apr 1, 2007

Box. Flipped.
Plaster Town Cop

Fluffy Bunnies posted:

Good dog!

Her ears are more ridiculous than the rest of her.

Dr Ozziemandius
Apr 28, 2011

Ozzie approves
Sage just got back from a trip to a new vet for a checkup and an exam for a rash on her tummy. (Just a minor skin infection) I just thought it was great that the vet kept questioning her birthdate, 'cause he said he just couldn't believe how good her health was for an almost 10 year old Dane. He spent over a half hour in the room checking her out and loving on her. :3: Final verdict: keep doing whatever I've been doing, and bring her back for playtime visits, 'cause she's such an awesome dog. :buddy: She did have a small growth behind her ear I was worried about, but he reassured me it was just a benign cyst, which I was pretty sure it was to begin with, but it's nice to have it checked out anyway.

Skizzles
Feb 21, 2009

Live, Laugh, Love,
Poop in a box.
Good dog, Sage. :3:

unprofessional
Apr 26, 2007
All business.
Can't find a better thread to ask, does anybody know a breeder of working komondors? I am in need of a livestock guardian dog.

Invalid Octopus
Jun 30, 2008

When is dinner?

unprofessional posted:

Can't find a better thread to ask, does anybody know a breeder of working komondors? I am in need of a livestock guardian dog.

Where are you located?

unprofessional
Apr 26, 2007
All business.
Michigan.

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

Good luck, unprofessional. I asked the breeders I know and nobody knows of anyone. :( Sorry.

So, Amy got spayed. Her mother came down with pyometra at 9 and...well that's pretty much awful. She's going home today, though.

Amy was loving wiped from it. It took her to the morning to get on her feet fully and she still barfed up a bit of her breakfast yesterday. Kept dinner down fine, though and she's much more herself today. There was an enormous storm and she spent most of that trying to climb onto the sofa because it was scary.

I look forward to having this back, even if she is entirely insane. This is asking for chin scritches the only way Amy can figure it out.

E: And Amy figured out how to turn on the stove with her giant e-collar. This is gonna be a fun two weeks.

Fluffy Bunnies fucked around with this message at 14:35 on Aug 16, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

unprofessional
Apr 26, 2007
All business.
Thanks much. I did find a working line of Caucasian Ovcharkas that I may go with for next year's litter. I need to do a lot more research on handling/training LGDs before I make any decisions, though.