Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

gandlethorpe posted:

So do they not make MM(X) games anymore? Just figurines?

At this point, you're better off looking forward to Megaman-related content being made by fans then expecting Capcom to give a poo poo about the franchise anymore. Speaking of fans, i'm digging this album:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8zsz3iYt_2A

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer

gandlethorpe posted:

Mega Man X games have kinda been over for a long time. The series continued with Zero and ZX, all of which have really great concepts and are carried out to be fantastic games by any mega man standards.

Otherwise, yeah, they are not making Megaman any more.

Die Sexmonster!
Nov 30, 2005

TaurusOxford posted:

At this point, you're better off looking forward to Megaman-related content being made by fans then expecting Capcom to give a poo poo about the franchise anymore.
Megaman X: Corrupted. Please come out soon.

Mister Roboto
Jun 15, 2009

I SWING BY AUNT MAY's
FOR A SHOWER AND A
BITE, MOST NATURAL
THING IN THE WORLD,
ASSUMING SHE'S
NOT HOME...

...AND I
FIND HER IN BED
WITH MY
FATHER, AND THE
TWO OF THEM
ARE...ARE...

...AAAAAAAAUUUUGH!

gandlethorpe posted:

Wasn't the last game, MMX-8, released almost a decade ago?

AzraelNewtype
Nov 9, 2004

「ブレストバーン!!」

Pyroxene Stigma posted:

They just dropped two neat little preview videos today at least.

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

AzraelNewtype posted:

They just dropped two neat little preview videos today at least.

Where? His channel has no new uploads since over a year ago.

Petiso
Apr 30, 2012

Smoke posted:

X5 and X6 got a PC release as well, although X6's release was Asia-only. X8 was ported to PC as well.

X7 had a PC port as well, only this one was only released in Korea if I recall correctly.

egg tats
Apr 3, 2010

TaurusOxford posted:

Where? His channel has no new uploads since over a year ago.

looks like they're on his facebook https://www.facebook.com/JKBGames

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:

Petiso posted:

X7 had a PC port as well, only this one was only released in Korea if I recall correctly.

Jesus, sounds like an act of war.

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

Pyroxene Stigma posted:

Thanks for making my day. I thought this got dropped due to the lack of any updates on his youtube channel. I am amazed that Capcom hasn't just bought this project, finished it, and published it.

LemonLimeTime
May 30, 2011

I don't have low self-esteem. I have low esteem for everyone else.

TaurusOxford posted:

At this point, you're better off looking forward to Megaman-related content being made by fans then expecting Capcom to give a poo poo about the franchise anymore. Speaking of fans, i'm digging this album:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8zsz3iYt_2A

I think I've already said this before but I love how their logo (that says X Buster) looks even better than the one Capcom did for Rockman XOver.

Super Rad
Feb 15, 2003
Sir Loin of Beef

Mister Roboto posted:

Wasn't the last game, MMX-8, released almost a decade ago?

They released MM9 and MM10 not that long ago. While they weren't meaningful additions in terms of "evolution" of the series, they were both pretty awesome games, MM9 especially.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
In the future all Capcom games will be developed by fans. You can purchase them with Capcoins. You can earn one Capcoin per eight hours of development you contribute to a fan game, but games and Capcoins can be freely traded by whomever accepts them as currency.

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

greatn posted:

In the future all Capcom games will be developed by fans. You can purchase them with Capcoins. You can earn one Capcoin per eight hours of development you contribute to a fan game, but games and Capcoins can be freely traded by whomever accepts them as currency.

I have eight separate multiple parallel processing Unix boxes running simultaneously in my basement. At any given point in time each machine will be running one hundred and twenty eight Mega Man 2 time attack speedruns on an equal number of NES emulators.

With this set up I can generate approximately 1.7 Capcoins a day.

Smoke
Mar 12, 2005

I am NOT a red Bumblebee for god's sake!

Gun Saliva

gandlethorpe posted:

Jesus, sounds like an act of war.

Capcom's done this weird thing with some Megaman stuff where it's been Asia or even South Korea only. They did this with some merchandise too(Such as the Mega Armor line)

Speaking of the Mega Armor line, that Ultimate Armor figure looks drat sexy. Especially considering the previous one looked like this:

The Mega Armor line was still pretty great for its time though, and quite accurate in terms of detail.

AHungryRobot
Oct 12, 2012

Schwarzwald posted:

I have eight separate multiple parallel processing Unix boxes running simultaneously in my basement. At any given point in time each machine will be running one hundred and twenty eight Mega Man 2 time attack speedruns on an equal number of NES emulators.

Dude, didn't you hear? The price of Capcoins is crashing hardcore.

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

AHungryRobot posted:

Dude, didn't you hear? The price of Capcoins is crashing hardcore.

All healthy markets fluctuate. The low price just means that it's time to buy!

A good poster
Jan 10, 2010

Schwarzwald posted:

Any less then 3 Capcoins per day per person and fangames will start getting cancelled due to lack of fan input in their creation.

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021
Figuarts Sigma is looking NICE:

The link where I found it: http://gginfinite.com/-Figuarts-ZERO-Rockman-X-Megaman-Sigma-Tamashii-Web-Shop-Exclusive-E-Capcom.html

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
Needs an activated laser sword to complete the look.

fivegears4reverse
Apr 4, 2007

by R. Guyovich
Holding out hope for a Vile statue complete with Ride Armor from X1. That Sigma is reallllly tempting though...

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

So there's this vote going on where you can vote for the next D-Arts figure you want to see made. You can find it here: https://www.capcom.co.jp/form/rockman/chara_goods2.html

I voted for Copy X, Model X, and typed in Dynamo in the Other option box at the bottom. :getin:

Sir Ilpalazzo
Sep 4, 2012
I put in a vote for Storm Eagle. I'm sure I threw my vote away, but I might as well try.

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

JUST GET IN THE FUCKING ROBOT SHINJI

S-Alpha posted:

So there's this vote going on where you can vote for the next D-Arts figure you want to see made. You can find it here: https://www.capcom.co.jp/form/rockman/chara_goods2.html

I voted for Copy X, Model X, and typed in Dynamo in the Other option box at the bottom. :getin:

Blues, Metal Man, Vile Armor.

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021
X2 Armor, Black Zero, Vile Armor.

My choices are the best. Fact.

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

TaurusOxford posted:

If I had 5 choices, I would have picked X2 Armor and Black Zero, too. I spent a long time deliberating on whether I wanted X2 Armor or Metal Man more, and I decided that the Robot Masters need some representation.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Gammatron 64 posted:

If I had 5 choices, I would have picked X2 Armor and Black Zero, too. I spent a long time deliberating on whether I wanted X2 Armor or Metal Man more, and I decided that the Robot Masters need some representation.

How much do you bet Metal Man is gonna suspiciously resemble X in body shape?

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Remember how good you are
Taco Defender
Voted Metal Man, Ride Armor, X2 Armor

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

TaurusOxford posted:

No Dynamo, no sale. :colbert:

If they ever did him, he'd need a button that blared his theme song. It would be the best action figure ever.

Seriously though, there needs to be more Zero series representation. Copy X's armor is probably my favorite in the series, and I just like the series' aesthetic all around.

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

Lurdiak posted:

How much do you bet Metal Man is gonna suspiciously resemble X in body shape?

Well... I mean... a lot of robot masters do. Either him or Bass.

Cutman, Protoman, Elec Man, Metal Man, Ice Man etc. could all easily be made with existing Mega Man parts with some new parts here and there. Hell, Cutman is pretty much identical to Mega Man from the neck down except for his color scheme. Protoman has a different head, buster and a belt instead of underwear over his pants but he's 80% the same, too.

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Taco Defender

S-Alpha posted:

No Dynamo, no sale. :colbert:

If they ever did him, he'd need a button that blared his theme song. It would be the best action figure ever.

Seriously though, there needs to be more Zero series representation. Copy X's armor is probably my favorite in the series, and I just like the series' aesthetic all around.

I have art books for every series but the Zero series. I really don't like the odd, low-detail childlike designs for the series' characters.

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

TheChirurgeon posted:

I have art books for every series but the Zero series. I really don't like the odd, low-detail childlike designs for the series' characters.

Wait, low detail? I could understand not liking his side projects and female character designs, but I've never heard Nakayama's work described as low detail. His monster and environment designs are especially some of my favorites in the series.

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Taco Defender

S-Alpha posted:

Wait, low detail? I could understand not liking his side projects and female character designs, but I've never heard Nakayama's work described as low detail. His monster and environment designs are especially some of my favorites in the series.

I love the monster designs, I just hate the main character designs, and the way that the robot characters look like muscular children with leotards and armor.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

S-Alpha posted:

I hate how all of his designs look so similar. That's supposed to be Kamen Rider (Kabuto, I think?) but it looks like X and Zero got some new bug-themed armor instead.

Workaday Wizard
Oct 23, 2009

by Pragmatica
Hey thread, any fan game recommendations?

I liked Mega Man Dongs and Day in the Limelight games.

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
Rockamn Exhaust and Rockman 4 Minus Infinity come to mind. Those are good fan games. They are more like MM Dongs though. (Well I feel like they are)

Edit: They are romhacks. But really good ones. R4MI really has alot of unique features you won't find in a MM game.

Workaday Wizard
Oct 23, 2009

by Pragmatica

Shindragon posted:

Rockamn Exhaust and Rockman 4 Minus Infinity come to mind. Those are good fan games. They are more like MM Dongs though. (Well I feel like they are)

Edit: They are romhacks. But really good ones. R4MI really has alot of unique features you won't find in a MM game.

R4MI looks nice but I was looking for something more original (and beatable without save states).

Spelling Mitsake
Oct 4, 2007

Clutch Cargo wishes they had Tractor.

Shinku ABOOKEN posted:

Hey thread, any fan game recommendations?

I liked Mega Man Dongs and Day in the Limelight games.

SuperDanny 1 & 2 weren't half bad. I don't know why he made a fairly faithful recreation of the Buebeam Trap, but overall they're pretty fun.

Admiral H. Curtiss
May 11, 2010

I think there are a bunch of people who can create trailing images. I know some who could do this as if they were just going out for a stroll.

Shinku ABOOKEN posted:

R4MI looks nice but I was looking for something more original (and beatable without save states).

Minus Infinity is hard but your weapon arsenal are so incredibly good that it's totally beatable without savestating.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Silhouette
Nov 16, 2002

SONIC BOOM!!!

S-Alpha posted:

Everyone that didn't vote Proto Man/MM8 Roll/Skull Man write-in is a loser and wrong.