Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

shmee
Jun 24, 2005

Cloks posted:

Would you be interested in selling the bargain versions?

I hadn't really thought about it. You can PM me if you like, but I'm based in Tokyo so postage might negate any benefit of actually getting them to you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I Might Be Adam
Jun 12, 2007

Skip the Waves, Syncopate
Forwards Backwards

My copy of Deerhoof's Milk Man on strawberry vinyl came pretty badly warped from Polyvinyl. They just sent me a new one no questions. It played but I felt that I should recieve a non-warped copy.

Dr. Lariat
Jul 1, 2004

by Lowtax
Anyone got any experience to share with bootlegs? Typically in my mind the term is synonymous with "not as good as the real thing" but of course can also mean, "fine, just not official." I've noticed a few albums I'd like to have in my collection would be a lot cheaper to get that way, not to mention 90% of the copies of titles such as The Division Bell or Aenima found on eBay are bootleg copies.

Save my money for other stuff? Or good enough if unofficial doesn't bother me? I know people may not be able to comment on the specific titles mentioned above, if not I'd be glad to hear any general impressions of unofficial LP's.

alg
Mar 14, 2007

A wolf was no less a wolf because a whim of chance caused him to run with the watch-dogs.

Never use Soundstage Direct's free shipping :negative:

put both hands in
Nov 28, 2007

:swoon:FYFE:swoon:
I'm not really sure what the problem is?

Fake James
Aug 18, 2005

Y'all got any more of that plastic?
Buglord
I pre-ordered the new Daft Punk album through MyPlayDirect, but noticed that it is cheaper through Amazon - but the one on Amazon doesn't mention it coming with a booklet like the MPD one does. Are these two different versions? Or is Amazon just undercutting them a bit?

Cpt. Spring Types
Feb 19, 2004

Wait, what?

alg posted:

Never use Soundstage Direct's free shipping :negative:

...why?

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe
Yeah I'm confused. Is a 5 day wait a big deal or something?

hatelull
Oct 29, 2004

What did you order?

Dissapointed Owl
Jan 30, 2008

You wrote me a letter,
and this is how it went:
Goddammit alg, explain yourself!

alg
Mar 14, 2007

A wolf was no less a wolf because a whim of chance caused him to run with the watch-dogs.

I ordered that Blade Runner record and its just been sitting in BFE for 3 days and i'm a goony goon who can't wait for things.

Dissapointed Owl
Jan 30, 2008

You wrote me a letter,
and this is how it went:

alg posted:

I ordered that Blade Runner record and its just been sitting in BFE for 3 days and i'm a goony goon who can't wait for things.

I have to wait a loving month for my records and I pay 20 bucks for the shipping t:mad:

lament.cfg
Dec 28, 2006

we have such posts
to show you

I stopped by my usual shop today and they had overstock of _everything_. He said they got 40 copies of ATDI.

:catstare:

(Also a loving rad copy of Songs For The Deaf for cheap)
(I went super overboard buying poo poo today)

Edit: this QOTSA sounds amaaaaaazing

lament.cfg fucked around with this message at 23:48 on Apr 25, 2013

WASDF
Jul 29, 2011

I'll buy one off of you if you get me one. It's like the one thing I wanted this RSD.

lament.cfg
Dec 28, 2006

we have such posts
to show you

I'm selling the UK copy I bought from MusicFearSatan on eBay because I paid way too much for it, but if I can get back there (tomorrow probably) and he has any (he had like 8 when I left), I'll pick you one up.

WASDF
Jul 29, 2011

Sweet man.

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

I know what you did last summer, and frankly I am displeased.

alg posted:

I ordered it from them and used the free shipping. It actually showed up two days before the estimated date. Also, five days is nothing and you're being a huge baby.

ethan
Dec 16, 2004
I've found that at times the USPS tracking just hasn't updated and is really farther along than it says.

Calm yo' tits.

put both hands in
Nov 28, 2007

Dissapointed Owl posted:

I have to wait a loving month for my records and I pay 20 bucks for the shipping t:mad:

Same here. I wish I could get free shipping that takes 5 days :smith:

alg
Mar 14, 2007

I am in fact a huge baby.

ethan
Dec 16, 2004
Calm yo' huge baby tits.

Fors Yard
Feb 15, 2008

Aside from getting shot in the head, David, what have you done with yourself?
Pre-order starts on Monday for the Xiu Xiu/Lawrence English LAMC 7". Looks like 100 copies will be on silver vinyl. Don't know Lawrence English, but I'm a big Xiu Xiu fan.

http://famousclass.com/store/albums/xiu-xiu-lawrence-english-7/

Dissapointed Owl
Jan 30, 2008

You wrote me a letter,
and this is how it went:

Fors Yard posted:

Pre-order starts on Monday for the Xiu Xiu/Lawrence English LAMC 7". Looks like 100 copies will be on silver vinyl. Don't know Lawrence English, but I'm a big Xiu Xiu fan.

http://famousclass.com/store/albums/xiu-xiu-lawrence-english-7/

Awesome thanks.

I loving hate singles and yet I keep buying all these Xiu Xiu ones.

Support your favorite artists, kids. Even if listening to them will be a hassle.

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe

Me in Reverse posted:

I'm selling the UK copy I bought from MusicFearSatan on eBay because I paid way too much for it, but if I can get back there (tomorrow probably) and he has any (he had like 8 when I left), I'll pick you one up.

If it is still there could you please get me one as well? Nobody here had anything! No worries if not.

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

I know what you did last summer, and frankly I am displeased.

alg posted:

I am in fact a huge baby.

It's alright. Vinyl is dramatic.

Kevar
Jan 1, 2005
gimmar
I too know the pain of tracking a package only to see it sit in the same drat place for days. Shits frustrating as hell.

Speaking of frustrating, Trophy Scars is putting one of their older albums up for preorder tomorrow...and there's only 125 copies. This will end in tears and my girlfriend telling me to shut up about vinyl flippers already.

shmee
Jun 24, 2005

Doctor Cave posted:

I don't really understand Sigur Ros vinyl. They are a popular band. Why don't they keep their stuff in print, instead of these small pressings every now and then? They could make so much money, instead it's going to eBay or Discogs sellers most of the time.

I don't know what the difference between the versions is, but the 2013 releases of both '( )' and 'Ágætis byrjun' seem to still be available on amazon.co.uk. Less than 30 quid for both too. That said they don't have stock, so who knows. At least 'Ágætis byrjun' they state they will have back in stock at the beginning of May.

Today I also stumbled across the RSD version of 'Hvarf/Heim' in Disk Union so got that, which was nice. I seem to have good Sigur Ros luck. I also got a still wrapped version of R.E.M.'s 'Monster' because I love that album and I was in there hunting for R.E.M. vinyl. The good records anyway.

Disk Union can be very hit-or-miss. It's often overpriced but then my wife found the 3x 12" + 1x 7" version of 'Aluminium Tunes' by Stereolab (without the t-shirt) for about $12, and I found the Grand Royal version of Ween's 'Chocolate and Cheese' for about the same, so it's worth popping in now and then. I also picked up the limited box set of 'Dark Night Of The Soul' which is lovely, but that was for about the going rate. Still a nice thing to have.

Gotta save money and stop buying records but I keep finding favourite albums for sale..

alg
Mar 14, 2007

Speaking of being a giant baby who can't wait for things, has anyone heard anything about the Star Wars record from I Am Shark? I have been checking up periodically and dude hasn't been updating.

edit: lol

quote:

Fallen, the 2003 breakthrough album from Evanescence, will be pressed to vinyl for the first time and is now up for pre-order over at Wind-up Records. The album, which is celebrating its 10th anniversary, is available on purple vinyl, with the pressing listed as “limited.” More than 17 million copies of the album have been sold and it spent 104 weeks on the Billboard 200.

alg fucked around with this message at 13:17 on Apr 26, 2013

Dissapointed Owl
Jan 30, 2008

You wrote me a letter,
and this is how it went:
That still makes me laugh. 8000 copies plus undisclosed amount of black copies for retail.

Of loving Episode One. I mean, it had good music, no doubt about that, but I'll be really surprised if the demand is there.

Cheesus
Oct 17, 2002

Let us retract the foreskin of ignorance and apply the wirebrush of enlightenment.
Yam Slacker

Me in Reverse posted:

(Also a loving rad copy of Songs For The Deaf for cheap)
(I went super overboard buying poo poo today)

Edit: this QOTSA sounds amaaaaaazing
I am both jealous and happy for you!

put both hands in
Nov 28, 2007

alg posted:

Speaking of being a giant baby who can't wait for things, has anyone heard anything about the Star Wars record from I Am Shark? I have been checking up periodically and dude hasn't been updating.

I'm looking to get the goatse variant:

Seriously though, this guy is going to have thousands of copies of this rotting in his garage forever, assuming he actually presses all 8000+. Discogs currently has 21 copies of the 2LP picture disc version for sale, I don't think demand for this is very high.

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

I really shouldn't have spent that money or even gone to the store on record store day, but man, this Cave In reissue loving ruuuuuuuuuules.

Dissapointed Owl
Jan 30, 2008

You wrote me a letter,
and this is how it went:
For those interested, the soundtrack to the Tom Cruise vehicle Oblivion (scored by M83) is now for sale on Mondo.

e: ahahahah jesus christ

Dissapointed Owl fucked around with this message at 18:39 on Apr 26, 2013

Cpt. Spring Types
Feb 19, 2004

Wait, what?

Haha, what the hell? People are loving ridiculous about Mondo stuff.

I Might Be Adam
Jun 12, 2007

Skip the Waves, Syncopate
Forwards Backwards

I'm not big on buying soundtracks but what the hell is wrong with people? I really wish people wouldn't pay these stupid prices so flippers would stop doing this poo poo. That way, people who actually want something, can just pay what it's worth. It's just a record. GETTIN MAD ABOUT RECORDS! :argh:

alg
Mar 14, 2007

People go apeshit for Mondo releases. All their stuff is super limited. See: how crazy people went for the Drive OST even though it had already been out a year.

Cpt. Spring Types
Feb 19, 2004

Wait, what?

I Might Be Adam posted:

I'm not big on buying soundtracks but what the hell is wrong with people? I really wish people wouldn't pay these stupid prices so flippers would stop doing this poo poo. That way, people who actually want something, can just pay what it's worth. It's just a record. GETTIN MAD ABOUT RECORDS! :argh:

And it isn't even sold out. Flippers probably just assume everything from Mondo is sold out in seconds, which I guess is usually true.

Dissapointed Owl
Jan 30, 2008

You wrote me a letter,
and this is how it went:
:siren: In one hour the RSD stock of Banquet Records goes on sale!:siren:

They've got a ton of stuff, including almost 60 copies of that At The Drive-in thing people seem to want.

Elrobot
Dec 28, 2004
Press the buttons all at once, all of the time

Dissapointed Owl posted:

I loving hate singles and yet I keep buying all these Xiu Xiu ones.

Support your favorite artists, kids. Even if listening to them will be a hassle.
What happened to the audiophilia that used to be associated with records, let's get some old people who support the good old days where things were smaller but weighed more, span faster, sounded better and needed changing more often. Q:Are We Not Men? A:We Are Babies

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dissapointed Owl
Jan 30, 2008

You wrote me a letter,
and this is how it went:
I collect vinyl records. Of course I'm a big baby.