Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
Innocent Sin Maya owns a lot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
I'd play a Persona 1 Arena as long as it had Jive Mark. His Astral Finish or whatever could be dancing crazy.

Tallgeese
May 11, 2008

MAKE LOVE, NOT WAR

kirbysuperstar posted:

I'd play a Persona 1 Arena as long as it had Jive Mark. His Astral Finish or whatever could be dancing crazy.

I will forever maintain Inexplicably Race-Switched Mark as a shining example of how liberal localization can improve a game.

I also like what they did with the characters' hair.

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

TurnipFritter posted:

1. Turn the Map Hack on (trust me).
  2. Go into one of the organ rooms and get teleported to a new section of the dungeon.
  3. Find the warp room that has a light fixture on the ceiling outside.
  4. Follow the path, watch the cutscene.
  5. Repeat for the other two sections of the dungeon.
  6. Take the stairs that at the north end of the first floor all the way to the top.
  7. Check the mirror on the wall to open the path to the boss.

I never knew about the light fixture thing at all and still found the right warp point in two tries or fewer. Guess I was really lucky! :v:

Booky
Feb 21, 2013

Chill Bug

I haven't played EP yet, but IS had good characters.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Forget this bullshit about only using Persona and make it a Shin Megami Tensei fighter. You could have dudes like Demi-Fiend, Raidou, Serph, and Jack Frost in a game together!

Booky
Feb 21, 2013

Chill Bug

Policenaut posted:

Forget this bullshit about only using Persona and make it a Shin Megami Tensei fighter. You could have dudes like Demi-Fiend, Raidou, Serph, and Jack Frost in a game together!

Shin Megami Tensei: Dissidia? :shobon:

I'd buy it.

A Bystander
Oct 10, 2012

Tallgeese posted:

I will forever maintain Inexplicably Race-Switched Mark as a shining example of how liberal localization can improve a game.

I did not have an interest in Persona 1 until now. What happened?

Booky
Feb 21, 2013

Chill Bug

A Bystander posted:

I did not have an interest in Persona 1 until now. What happened?

Basically one character got turned black for Revelations: Persona.

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF
WHY ARE YOU STILL SMILING

Booky posted:

Basically one character got turned black for Revelations: Persona.

Specifically, if you've never seen it (images from HG101):

became

A Bystander
Oct 10, 2012

Syrg Sapphire posted:

Specifically, if you've never seen it (images from HG101):

became

While the hat on the left Mark is cool, his facial markings make him look like a jackass.

RentCavalier
Jul 10, 2008

by T. Finninho

A Bystander posted:

While the hat on the left Mark is cool, his facial markings make him look like a jackass.

Well, he is a bit of a jackass so...that actually works well.

A Bystander
Oct 10, 2012

RentCavalier posted:

Well, he is a bit of a jackass so...that actually works well.

Without spoiling anything major, what does he do?

TurnipFritter
Apr 21, 2010
10,000 POSTS ON TALKING TIME

Policenaut posted:

I was actually looking for that one piece of fanart of the SD SMT fighting game but oh well.

e:
Found it!

TurnipFritter fucked around with this message at 05:13 on Apr 25, 2013

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

TurnipFritter posted:

e:
Found it!

No male P3 protagonist, no buy :colbert:

But seriously, a game like that would be all kinds of awesome.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

So this is kind of preliminary, but the Atlus Japan Twitter apparently just said that the Hero's death in SMT 4 will not cause a game over. What a brave new world.

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

Policenaut posted:

So this is kind of preliminary, but the Atlus Japan Twitter apparently just said that the Hero's death in SMT 4 will not cause a game over. What a brave new world.

If this is a sign that they're bringing the "restart floor upon death" thing from P4G, I'm all for it.

Prism
Dec 22, 2007

yospos

Strange Quark posted:

If this is a sign that they're bringing the "restart floor upon death" thing from P4G, I'm all for it.

It seems like you just don't get a game over as long as your demons are still up, though I'd assume you can't summon more. Even if you're hit by Hama, it is all right. Or that's what it says.

TurnipFritter
Apr 21, 2010

Strange Quark posted:

Only if you can pony up the Play Coins or Macca for Charon.

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Prism posted:

It seems like you just don't get a game over as long as your demons are still up, though I'd assume you can't summon more. Even if you're hit by Hama, it is all right. Or that's what it says.

Which is weird because that is the one scenario that actually makes sense for game over on leader death. Why would demons in a contract obey a dead master?

P4 made no sense, the rationale was something dumb like your teammates don't know what to do if you fall because you have to tell them. P3 made no sense at first until you realize If you die Death will be unsealed so it was a bit justified.

Hey does anyone know if SMT4 has different difficulties? It seems Atlus is making the brutal difficulty of SMT games optional these days since a lot of people want a good RPG but aren't into the instant game overs.

Iceclaw
Nov 4, 2009

Fa la lanky down dilly, motherfuckers.

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

Which is weird because that is the one scenario that actually makes sense for game over on leader death. Why would demons in a contract obey a dead master?

P4 made no sense, the rationale was something dumb like your teammates don't know what to do if you fall because you have to tell them. P3 made no sense at first until you realize If you die Death will be unsealed so it was a bit justified.

Hey does anyone know if SMT4 has different difficulties? It seems Atlus is making the brutal difficulty of SMT games optional these days since a lot of people want a good RPG but aren't into the instant game overs.

P4 runs on the same reason P3 does. If you kick the bucket, you lost Izanami's game, so she proceeds with her "flood the world in fog" plan.
But yeah, I guess in SMT4 that they'll use the same justification that for the rest of your teammates, which is that you are gravely injuredand mostly dead, but not dead, dead.

Iceclaw fucked around with this message at 09:37 on Apr 25, 2013

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
Shin Megami Tensei X Fire Emblem announced for America and Europe.

https://twitter.com/Cheesemeister3k/status/327228327989477376

Booky
Feb 21, 2013

Chill Bug

Policenaut posted:

Yess, now I won't have to worry about getting killed by a Mudo! :allears:

Prism
Dec 22, 2007

yospos

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

Well, among other things, there are images of someone else who has a COMP/Gauntlet in the support slot in trailers.

Plus, it does make sense for some demons to want to revive you to keep the sweet Magnetite coming, or because they like you. Though I don't know if SMT4 actually uses Magnetite costs.

Samael
Oct 16, 2012

Dorroile posted:

Hahaha. "Fix". Good one!

I remember this one time they tried to fix something related to item bonuses or something and they broke the stats instead.

Like, they broke the loving stats. Not just item stats. Character stats. All of them. All the stats. Everything was hosed for a couple days and nothing worked at all.

Cave is such a lovely developer.

I have been playing Shin Megami Tensei MMO for nearly 3 years now. A lot of people got back into the game because it went to ATLUS instead of AeriaGames as a publisher(Well, ATLUS ONLINE, a very small part of ATLUS, but ATLUS nevertheless) but it has not worked out (The 1st anniversary of this switch was yesterday) and not very much is happening right now. The gameplay is excellent for a MMO, the demon fusing system is brilliant, but it has been let down by how it has been handled, just as a quick cash grab with no interest in the game's long term future.

On the other hand, CAVE isn't actually that bad of a developer (and is getting better recently) but is only really concerned in fixing up the Japanese server which they also publish, the other server is around 2-3 years behind in content and it definitely shows. If you DO want to play the Imagine MMO and don't mind the language barrier, I would strongly suggest trying the japanese version instead.

The select few people who play this game are really hardcore fans of the franchise, but even they are losing hope in any kind of miracle happening. As of now, it is completely pay to win other than the basic storyline, the PvP is completely broken (everyone dies in one hit) and there are a very limited amount of things to do.

It has so much potential and I like to think it still does (though I am very biased), but the actual game needs a major update fast before it goes under for good.

Also, the demon mounts which increase movement speed are loving awesome.

Samael fucked around with this message at 15:20 on Apr 25, 2013

gameday
Apr 29, 2006

Hungry for sport

Kurtofan posted:

Shin Megami Tensei X Fire Emblem announced for America and Europe.

https://twitter.com/Cheesemeister3k/status/327228327989477376

Welp, guess I'm getting a Wii-U. drat.

NIV3K
Jan 8, 2010

:rolleyes:
I don't understand Nemichi's once per day growth. Do I have to wait 24 hours after I last grew it before I can grow it again?

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

Yeah, you can pump more d souls into it after 24 hours.

boy are my arms tired
May 10, 2012

Ham Wrangler
Are there goons that play the English version of the MMO? I haven't tried it yet but a friend was telling me about it, blatantly bad issues aside it's apparently decent fun if you like watching numbers rise, and I'm not able to hop language barriers easily.

Also I'm a sucker for terrible cash-shoppy grinding MMOs :v:

Non-mmo chat: SMT4 made me purchase a 3DS. I will also be picking up a Wii-U soon for SMTxFE, it looks amazing.

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008

Rafzakael posted:

Are there goons that play the English version of the MMO? I haven't tried it yet but a friend was telling me about it, blatantly bad issues aside it's apparently decent fun if you like watching numbers rise, and I'm not able to hop language barriers easily.

Also I'm a sucker for terrible cash-shoppy grinding MMOs :v:

Non-mmo chat: SMT4 made me purchase a 3DS. I will also be picking up a Wii-U soon for SMTxFE, it looks amazing.

We actually had a pretty long conversation about it a few pages ago.

I keep meaning to reinstall it though, just for kicks.

e: Huh, i already had it installed on this computer. Weird.

Freak Futanari fucked around with this message at 18:45 on Apr 25, 2013

boy are my arms tired
May 10, 2012

Ham Wrangler

Dorroile posted:

We actually had a pretty long conversation about it a few pages ago.

I keep meaning to reinstall it though, just for kicks.

I should probably read the whole thread instead of skipping to the last page then :downs:

I'll probably be installing it tonight; is there some sort of goon guild?

TurnipFritter
Apr 21, 2010

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9lXGwDoUZ-o

Break Record has animated cutscenes. It's kind of a weird effect.

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008

Rafzakael posted:

I should probably read the whole thread instead of skipping to the last page then :downs:

I'll probably be installing it tonight; is there some sort of goon guild?

There isn't, but I've got an empty vanity guild (SEBEC) that we could use.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

TurnipFritter posted:

That just looks awkward.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

TurnipFritter posted:

I hope they can be turned off. Those look kinda ugly. :magical:

boy are my arms tired
May 10, 2012

Ham Wrangler

Dorroile posted:

There isn't, but I've got an empty vanity guild (SEBEC) that we could use.

Sounds good! I'll PM you later tonight then.

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy
I think they look all right. A little different but with those character designs, why not? Also they're obviously intended to use the 3d effect. Honestly I'd take anything that puts as much distance between the game and the anime at this point.

Boneless Jogger
Apr 20, 2010
The Japanese website for Devil Survivor 2: Break Record is also up now, but there really isn't much on there yet that we didn't know already.

But also there has been a small English trailer of SMT IV released.

atholbrose
Feb 28, 2001

Splish!

Whenever I watch an Atlus USA trailer, I feel like it's 1997 and I'm squinting at RealPlayer...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

TurnipFritter posted:

I like it, bet it's a cool effect in 3D.