Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

Thanks for these. I requested Alien 3 gifs a couple of threads ago, better late than never. :haw: Did you make these? I'd love to see one of the first Alien "reveal" after it kills one of the guys lighting the torches.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Robert Denby
Sep 9, 2007
Denial isn't just a river in Egypt, huh? Nah, get fucked mate.
I did indeed make those "Alien 3" gifs and will get the 'reveal' bit done a little later for you.

The infamous escalator shooutout from "Total Recall". All gifs linked for :nms: levels of gore:
http://i.imgflip.com/16pqu.gif
http://i.imgflip.com/16prx.gif
http://i.imgflip.com/16psi.gif
http://i.imgflip.com/16psy.gif

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

Awesome! Also man, Verhoeven was some kind of a squib-master. He never topped ED-209 shooting the guy in the conference room though.

boar guy
Jan 25, 2007

Stare-Out posted:

Awesome! Also man, Verhoeven was some kind of a squib-master. He never topped ED-209 shooting the guy in the conference room though.

I dunno about that, there is some pretty bloody poo poo in Starship Troopers.

Inco
Apr 3, 2009

I have been working out! My modem is broken and my phone eats half the posts I try to make, including all the posts I've tried to make here. I'll try this one more time.

Efexeye posted:

I dunno about that, there is some pretty bloody poo poo in Starship Troopers.

If you're talking about just squibs, then yeah, the OCP Exec that gets ventilated is the top. Starship Troopers didn't have a lot of really memorable squibwork because the people were shooting (mostly) CGI aliens, not each other. Like, yeah, there was the one guy who got shot in the training exercise, but I don't think that had the same "oomph" as the Exec.

Robert Denby
Sep 9, 2007

Stare-Out posted:

Fun fact: That scene nearly got the movie an X-rating (as did… well pretty much every other violent scene) until they cut the whole second half of it out. :nms: Here's the scene in full:nws:. I might make some gifs of it later.

"Alien 3" again. Say what you will about the messy plotting, this is one beautiful movie. Make sure to watch the assembly cut though!

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

Robert Denby posted:

Fun fact: That scene nearly got the movie an X-rating (as did… well pretty much every other violent scene) until they cut the whole second half of it out. :nms: Here's the scene in full:nws:. I might make some gifs of it later.

"Alien 3" again. Say what you will about the messy plotting, this is one beautiful movie. Make sure to watch the assembly cut though!
Hah, I'd never seen the uncut version of the ED-209 scene, gruesome. Loving those Alien 3 gifs though, thanks! The Alien costume never looked better than it did in that movie, the last gif is awesome.

Brother Jonathan
Jun 23, 2008

Brother Jonathan has a new favorite as of 20:22 on Apr 24, 2013

SlippyFists
Jul 16, 2007

To The Flowers of Time!

Ghost Toast
Nov 4, 2005

I keep seeing gifs in this style around, what are they from?

content:

SlippyFists
Jul 16, 2007

To The Flowers of Time!

God Mode posted:

I keep seeing gifs in this style around, what are they from?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yXJl5Gf05zg

Somebody has a new favorite as of 22:38 on Apr 25, 2013

West007
Apr 21, 2013

Busted

:nws: http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2034/2460252246_0e143a6ddd_o.gif :nws:

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

bowmore posted:

I don't even know why she's bothering to wear undies.

Good point. A name would be great.

Inco
Apr 3, 2009

I have been working out! My modem is broken and my phone eats half the posts I try to make, including all the posts I've tried to make here. I'll try this one more time.

Gatts posted:

Good point. A name would be great.

A name was already given. Emily Ratajkowski.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Stare-Out posted:

Hah, I'd never seen the uncut version of the ED-209 scene, gruesome. Loving those Alien 3 gifs though, thanks! The Alien costume never looked better than it did in that movie, the last gif is awesome.

If I'm not mistaken, the Unrated cut of Robocop is what Netflix has, and it's got the full version of the ED-209 scene, as well as a bunch more gory poo poo that got cut out.

Killer robot
Sep 6, 2010

I was having the most wonderful dream. I think you were in it!
Pillbug

TShields
Mar 30, 2007

We can rule them like gods! ...Angry gods.

If that's real, that's one of the funniest things I've seen in a long time!

Literally Esoteric
Jun 13, 2012

One final, furious struggle...then a howl of victory

Your mom seems like a cool lady.

peepsalot
Apr 24, 2007

PEEP THIS...
           BITCH!

Animation of a fifth order Bezier curve from wikipedia

Aericura
Jun 12, 2003
I will eat your soul.

Robert Denby
Sep 9, 2007

Travis343 posted:

If I'm not mistaken, the Unrated cut of Robocop is what Netflix has, and it's got the full version of the ED-209 scene, as well as a bunch more gory poo poo that got cut out.
Sure is! Not much was cut out actually; the filmmakers and Orion seemed to make a deal with the MPAA that they'd tone certain scenes down to keep the poo poo they really wanted (for instance, the toxic waste-drenched guy exploding nearly ended up on the cutting room floor). IIRC the biggest cuts are made to Murphy's death, which is even more excruciating in the unrated version, plus a closer shot of Kurtwood Smith spurting blood out his neck.

Speaking of.. here's gifs from the ED-209 scene! :unsmigghh:

:nms: gory bits:
http://i.imgflip.com/187ii.gif
http://i.imgflip.com/187j7.gif

Also, if you ever happen to catch "Robocop" on basic cable, its basically the funniest poo poo ever (:nws: for nudity and gore). What isn't shown in that video is the version of the ED-209 scene, where they cut from ED-209's cannon's firing, to a completely different take of the hapless employee just flailing about (no squibs), to the dude pulling the ED-209's power. Basically any shot that involved a squib was very awkwardly cut out of the movie when it played on TV.

Robert Denby has a new favorite as of 03:48 on Apr 25, 2013

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin
This is the funniest Top Gear sequence.

Steve Holt!
Aug 28, 2006

STEVE HOLT!

College Slice

toanoradian
May 31, 2011

The happiest waffligator

Memento1979 posted:

This is the funniest Top Gear sequence.

He tried to drive the Reliant Robin again?

Magic Hate Ball
May 6, 2007

ha ha ha!
you've already paid for this

From this incredibly rad video.

ComfyPants
Mar 20, 2002

toanoradian posted:

He tried to drive the Reliant Robin again?

No, I think it's from the original segment (at least, I'm not aware of an earlier episode or special where he did this).

(the segment, for those interested: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_bIn_ZgHJaE)

Metroid Fitzgerald
Feb 13, 2012

B O O O O B S . . . !

Some stuff I whipped up from Wild Nothing's hypnotic and extremely giffable music video:
Wild Nothing - A Dancing Shell

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

These are all different women in the Miss Korea 2013 competition:

It almost looks like someone's tweaking the settings in a character creator.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar
It's amazing if you compare them to the photo of them all without makeup where they all look very different:

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Lotish posted:

These are all different women in the Miss Korea 2013 competition:

It almost looks like someone's tweaking the settings in a character creator.

Are you saying all these Asian women....look the same?!?:catstare:

ironcladfolly
May 22, 2007

Devil's Favorite Doggie
Anybody wanna play Hip Flip?

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

zoux posted:

Their make up artists are certainly trying! :buddy:

Honestly it's just weird to me when people try so hard to look alike or match one limited predefined standard. Has anyone does a similar comparison of American beauty pageant contestants? Or male models (they always seem to use the same facial expressions and honestly seem interchangeable after a while)?

substitute
Aug 30, 2003

you for my mum

Open the gif in an editor. It's a trick from the speed.

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

"First off, let me start by saying curly light blond hair does not suit Hyomin at all. Furthermore,"
Fun Shoe
I dunno. If you look at each picture instead of a really fast gif that doesn't give your eyes time to process what you're seeing, they all seem kinda different looking to me.

Edit: Oh hey, we had the same idea. Picture removed.

Jamesman has a new favorite as of 17:23 on Apr 25, 2013

Geemer
Nov 4, 2010

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!

zoux posted:

Obviously they have reached the perfection so there's no point to look different. :hehe:

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost
Also it looked like there was only 3 or 4 girls shown in the sped-up .gif, hardly a suitable sample of asian honies. :colbert:

Thievery
Jul 15, 2008

What happens in 3rd Street stays in 3rd Street.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

spank my snatch
Jun 4, 2009

I can't tell if this is cruel or awesome.

• Locked thread