Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe
Amusingly enough the spoiler thread isn't even the worst GOT one in TV/IV, that honor belongs to the babby thread where some of them defended the night's watch mutiny and where they got really mad at A Glistening Hodor for posting about lemon cakes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

Vigilance posted:

Amusingly enough the spoiler thread isn't even the worst GOT one in TV/IV, that honor belongs to the babby thread where some of them defended the night's watch mutiny and where they got really mad at A Glistening Hodor for posting about lemon cakes.

Minor correction: they were upset that I supposedly SPOILED THEM with the SIGNIFICANCE of lemoncakes.

Dazerbeams
Jul 8, 2009

Aren't you guys happy that all GoT threads are Bad? Speaking of which, how's the new book coming along?

Sophia
Apr 16, 2003

The heart wants what the heart wants.
When a lemoncake sits on the Iron Throne you will not be so cavalier.

Duncan Sperguson
Apr 21, 2010

Zoux bitching about Bad Thread posters posting in the Spoiler thread is particularly egregious because he never shuts the gently caress up in the babby thread

Stay Safe
Sep 1, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
It's lemoncake making time.

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!

A GLISTENING HODOR posted:

Minor correction: they were upset that I supposedly SPOILED THEM with the SIGNIFICANCE of lemoncakes.

That's still one of the most glorious red custom titles I have ever seen.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

Dazerbeams posted:

Aren't you guys happy that all GoT threads are Bad? Speaking of which, how's the new book coming along?

I'm working on mine later.

I think these other slackers are too busy watching the GRRM show and reading TVIV.

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

If you think that, along the way, you're not going to fail... you're blind.

There's no one I've ever met, no matter how successful they are, who hasn't said they had their failures along the way.

My four chapters are all written. I'm just massaging them at this point. :smug:

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

Blade_of_tyshalle posted:

My four chapters are all written. I'm just massaging them at this point. :smug:

Giving the Turduckyen an old-fashioned, you might say.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Sophia posted:

Wait, what are you saying about me exactly A GLISTENING HODOR? :( Oh god, this is my own Red Wedding scenario.

Don't worry Sophia, I will avenge your death. Which means I will chill out in TVIV for the next three books and get here two months after the mods have burned the Bad Thread to the ground.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

What is burnt by the mods cannot die, but only rise stronger and more resilient than before.

No seriously there'll be a GRRM-sized vacuum and only GRRM hate can properly fill it.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

Sophia posted:

Wait, what are you saying about me exactly A GLISTENING HODOR? :( Oh god, this is my own Red Wedding scenario.

Blade_of_Tyshalle sends his regards.

:unsmigghh:

Rarity posted:

Don't worry Sophia, I will avenge your death. Which means I will chill out in TVIV for the next three books and get here two months after the mods have burned the Bad Thread to the ground.

What are the Bad Thread's words?

Ungassed. Unbanned. Uncomfortable.

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?

Joramun posted:

Jon Connington is willing and available. Get ready for the Pink Wedding.

Pink wedding. Brown bedding.

Joramun
Dec 1, 2011

No man has need of candles when the Sun awaits him.

What are the Bad Thread's words?

Ungassed. Unbanned. Uncomfortable.

A Bad Thread is not a slave.

SaviourX
Sep 30, 2003

The only true Catwoman is Julie Newmar, Lee Meriwether, or Eartha Kitt.

And yet out of all three threads, only one has the pedigree, nay, the undoubtable DNA to carry on a fine series of legal parody works, out now on Amazon and all fine online book retailers.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
Although, honestly, I'd read a book about the TVIV Walking Dead goons. Like a raw, uncensored case study of them.

Or maybe a Ken Burns documentary about goons who are unnaturally averse to reading about a subject they're fascinated with, unless their sole source of information is people who are admittedly just as clueless on the topic, in which case they'll spend YEARS talking about not reading about what they want to know about.

bigmcgaffney
Apr 19, 2009

thornghost posted:

god dammit its magic shut up

gently caress you, ^G=^H-T^S, where ^ is my weak rear end attempt at a delta sign

Also Sophia's reaction posts in the babby thread crack me up

And can't Pod just have a thunder cock, why must a funny joke be some kind of secret plot conspiracy to boost virgin ego... Face facts Pod Payne has the most Shameless Boner y'all be hatin'.

Edit:
"The Bad Thread sucks really hard. It's a shame that the only decent discussion to be had about a series of novels is in the loving TV forum."

- Something Awful Forums Poster CumFart Gurantee

bigmcgaffney fucked around with this message at 09:44 on Apr 25, 2013

kcroy
May 30, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo

Nah, man, this is just going to turn out like loving Dune, with clones of every good character running around at random. Viserys and Drogo, why not? Ned, Benjen, and Brandon? gently caress yeah, let's get the Starkuto Brothers fighting in the post-apocalypse against the seven southern stars! Hell, while we're here, let's resurrect Tywin but make him Dornish at random.

I think this would actually be a good way for him to "Wrap up" this series. I've been thinking for a while, "how do you wrap up this cluster gently caress", and I've decided that the correct answer is, "you don't". Much in the vein of WH40k, there is only war. What he could do is not tell a story of who "wins" the game of thrones, but focus instead on how The Game is all there is.

The purpose of these novels isn't to tell a story, its to tell a BACKSTORY. it is to explain to you WHY there is an 8 foot tall zombie, stitched together from the parts of an evil warrior, but with the face of a fallen hero. It is to explain WHY the ice spiders and wights battering the wall from the south are being led by a frozen princess with a penchant for Lemon Cakes. It is to explain WHY this undead warrior stands at the front of his Northmen, broken arrows still protruding from his chest, a smile on his shaggy wolfen head.

These novels are to take us from a flatland of low magic, to a loving pinnacle of out of control magic. He is flipping the Trope again - magic isn't "dying and leaving this world" ala Tolkein - shiiiiiiit. Magic hasn't even gotten its loving shoes and socks on yet. Magic has a busy day in front of it, with fire gods, old gods, tree gods, 7 gods, some Valyrian gods, and a Cthulu like God of the loving deep with a tentacled cock all fighting for control of this shitheap world.

As someone with a history in both TV and Gaming and being a lazy gently caress - he is just so much better at writing the set up, creating the tension... writing the poignant ending? Not so much.

I would LOVE to see this series end with the forces reshuffled in a way we couldn't have imagined from the start - the stark kids all turned against each other, The remnants of Dany's shattered dragon army struggling to rebuild in Oldtown, factions and factions, each perfectly balanced against each other like a board game, ready for the "real" war to begin.

His publisher gets to spend the next 20 years farming out sections of the war to different hack writers, and making GBS threads merchandise left and right.

bigmcgaffney posted:

It's a shame that the only decent discussion to be had about a series of novels is [strike]in the loving TV forum.[/strike] by going back to 2001"

fixed that.

kcroy fucked around with this message at 11:33 on Apr 25, 2013

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

There's no one I've ever met, no matter how successful they are, who hasn't said they had their failures along the way.

Blade_of_Tyshalle sends his regards.

:unsmigghh:

Hey, Sophia. How's it going? :)

Regards,

Blade_of_Tyshalle

alg
Mar 14, 2007

A wolf was no less a wolf because a whim of chance caused him to run with the watch-dogs.

Although, honestly, I'd read a book about the TVIV Walking Dead goons. Like a raw, uncensored case study of them.

Or maybe a Ken Burns documentary about goons who are unnaturally averse to reading about a subject they're fascinated with, unless their sole source of information is people who are admittedly just as clueless on the topic, in which case they'll spend YEARS talking about not reading about what they want to know about.

This would be amazing. Make it happen, Netflix

latinotwink1997
Jan 2, 2008

Taste my Ball of Hope, foul dragon!

kcroy posted:

I think this would actually be a good way for him to "Wrap up" this series. I've been thinking for a while, "how do you wrap up this cluster gently caress", and I've decided that the correct answer is, "you don't". Much in the vein of WH40k, there is only war. What he could do is not tell a story of who "wins" the game of thrones, but focus instead on how The Game is all there is.

The purpose of these novels isn't to tell a story, its to tell a BACKSTORY. it is to explain to you WHY there is an 8 foot tall zombie, stitched together from the parts of an evil warrior, but with the face of a fallen hero. It is to explain WHY the ice spiders and wights battering the wall from the south are being led by a frozen princess with a penchant for Lemon Cakes. It is to explain WHY this undead warrior stands at the front of his Northmen, broken arrows still protruding from his chest, a smile on his shaggy wolfen head.

These novels are to take us from a flatland of low magic, to a loving pinnacle of out of control magic. He is flipping the Trope again - magic isn't "dying and leaving this world" ala Tolkein - shiiiiiiit. Magic hasn't even gotten its loving shoes and socks on yet. Magic has a busy day in front of it, with fire gods, old gods, tree gods, 7 gods, some Valyrian gods, and a Cthulu like God of the loving deep with a tentacled cock all fighting for control of this shitheap world.

As someone with a history in both TV and Gaming and being a lazy gently caress - he is just so much better at writing the set up, creating the tension... writing the poignant ending? Not so much.

I would LOVE to see this series end with the forces reshuffled in a way we couldn't have imagined from the start - the stark kids all turned against each other, The remnants of Dany's shattered dragon army struggling to rebuild in Oldtown, factions and factions, each perfectly balanced against each other like a board game, ready for the "real" war to begin.

His publisher gets to spend the next 20 years farming out sections of the war to different hack writers, and making GBS threads merchandise left and right.

Eventually the Starks become the white walkers and the "Winter is Coming" phrase takes on a slightly more sinister meaning. The Greyjoys become the new Targaryens, trying to resurrect krakens so that they may regain what was once theirs. And the rest turn to incest, the end.

MY BF LESLIE SAID
Jun 9, 2006

by Lowtax
If Jon is a warg and also has the blood of the dragons can he skinchange and be a dragon?

thornghost
Oct 11, 2010

I have a picture of me with GRRM. He looks less than enthused.

Joramun posted:

A Bad Thread is not a slave.

When A Bad Thread chose its name for the day, it chose Liquid Brown Snake.

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

It's not that kind of test.

I Own Soulz posted:

Eventually the Starks become the white walkers wankers and the "Winter is Coming" phrase takes on a slightly more sinister sensual meaning.

I smell an ending for Game of Bones. Or maybe I'm just having a stroke, who can say?!

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

I Own Soulz posted:

Eventually the Starks become the white walkers and the "Winter is Coming" phrase takes on a slightly more sinister meaning. The Greyjoys become the new Targaryens, trying to resurrect krakens so that they may regain what was once theirs. And the rest turn to incest, the end.

I would give anything to see Theon ride a kraken :allears:

And then fall off and drown because he's such a fuckup

my cat is norris
Mar 11, 2010

#onecallcat

Maybe he'll replace his penis with a kraken and become like Princess Clara in Drawn Together.

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?

Chinston Wurchill posted:

I'm just having a stroke

:fap:

p.crestmont
Feb 17, 2012

MY BF LESLIE SAID posted:

If Jon is a warg and also has the blood of the dragons can he skinchange and be a dragon?

Maybe, I think "the dragon has three heads" is really leaning towards Dany, Jon, and Tyrion each riding a dragon. All three dragons warged by Bran.

Sophia
Apr 16, 2003

The heart wants what the heart wants.

Hey, Sophia. How's it going? :)

Regards,

Blade_of_Tyshalle

*Puts on a wolf head, dies*

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

Sophia posted:

Kawaii~ :shobon:

bigmcgaffney
Apr 19, 2009

Every week I fall more in love with Margaery-sama

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

Chinston Wurchill posted:

Or maybe I'm just having a stroke, who can say?!

Reading this thread that's always a valid question.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Sophia posted:

BAD THREAD, YOU WILL PAY FOR THIS

Now if you'll excuse me, I need to take a poo poo in ADTRW.

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

Please do not take important shitposting positions away from the ADTRW crew. It's all they have. Waifu bodypillows, Ayanami Rei fleshlights, and Pokemon breeding fantasy leagues are the other things.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!
Ever since game of bones was actually finished there's no way to call this any sort of bad thread other than ironically. Cry about it all you want but the people here have the fortitude to actually read these crazy loving books, discuss them AND complete a goon project.

That's like the Iditarod of SA posting.

Trabandiumium
Feb 20, 2010

When is Game of Bones being adapted by HBO?

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

equity posted:

Season 6

Urdnot Fire
Feb 13, 2012

IRQ posted:

Season 6
That's being a little generous to AFFC/ADWD, don't you think?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

equity posted:

Uh, I think you mean Starz. That way our series can have all dicks flopping about it needs to be truly represented on screen.