Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Trujillo
Jul 10, 2007
Wondering if trade nodes are going to adapt or be static. Seems strange there's already trade nodes in places where there's no trade.

Too bad the top two rewards are probably already claimed by now but free dlc can't hurt.

Edit: Thanks to the people who used my link. Took it down since I already got 5.

Trujillo fucked around with this message at 20:55 on Apr 25, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Patter Song
Mar 26, 2010

Hereby it is manifest that during the time men live without a common power to keep them all in awe, they are in that condition which is called war; and such a war as is of every man against every man.
Fun Shoe

Wiz posted:

Yeah sorry, I actually misremembered. Turns out uncivs can only take colonial states.

Is that true? Because you totally can conquer Oranje and Transvaal as Zulu. I've done it.

Chickpea Roar
Jan 11, 2006

Merdre!

Patter Song posted:

Is that true? Because you totally can conquer Oranje and Transvaal as Zulu. I've done it.

Yeah, that's a different CB without those restrictions.

Vastakaiun
Apr 16, 2008

Hahaha, Balkan borders. :allears:

Super excited for EUIV. Those points generated by your leader and administration seems really promising in keeping the gameplay varied.

Kavak
Aug 23, 2009

I don't know if this is possible, but I'm trying to figure out a way to add a variable to this so that I can try to establish claims on provinces my realm borders. I'd just change it so that you can lay claims on whoever, but I just went through a whole lot of marriage and murder to get a foothold on Solstheim before I figured out what the criteria were, and I don't want to invalidate that.

code:
action_fabricate_claims = {
	attribute = diplomacy

trigger = {
		NOT = {	any_province_lord = { character = FROM } }
		any_province_lord = {
			OR = {
				culture_group = FROM
				religion_group = FROM
			}
		}
		NOT = { owner = { character = FROM	} }
		NOT = { FROM = { has_landed_title = c_hrothgar } }
	}
	events = { 913 914 }
}

YF-23
Feb 17, 2011

My god, it's full of cat!

Trujillo posted:

Wondering if trade nodes are going to adapt or be static. Seems strange there's already trade nodes in places where there's no trade.

It's been stated before, the nodes themselves are static, but they are only active as long as they are being used. For instance there's a static node crossing through the cape, but it only becomes active once the cape has been sailed around and the trade route discovered. In other words, the trade routes are static, but they are only as active as the trade that goes through them.

Beamed
Nov 26, 2010

Then you have a responsibility that no man has ever faced. You have your fear which could become reality, and you have Godzilla, which is reality.

YF-23 posted:

It's been stated before, the nodes themselves are static, but they are only active as long as they are being used. For instance there's a static node crossing through the cape, but it only becomes active once the cape has been sailed around and the trade route discovered. In other words, the trade routes are static, but they are only as active as the trade that goes through them.

Nodes, not routes. Routes are intentionally dynamic.

Is the static..ility of nodes moddable at all? Will we be able to create dynamic nodes, in other words, or will we have to roundabout create nodes in every province, but have them becoming active rely on factors?

Orange Devil
Oct 1, 2010

Wullie's reign cannae smother the flames o' equality!
It's good to know that privateers have gone the way of the doodoo.

Darkrenown
Jul 18, 2012
please give me anything to talk about besides the fact that democrats are allowing millions of americans to be evicted from their homes

Necroneocon posted:

Also get Avindian to write the Old Gods AARs. The Ulm guy is funny but Avindian is seriously Paradox's best AAR writer because he gives detailed information and explanations. Avindian making a HOI3 tutorial AAR or a EU4 tutorial AAR would probably be better than the manual.

Gimmie some examples? I don't really read many AARs these days.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

Kavak posted:

I don't know if this is possible, but I'm trying to figure out a way to add a variable to this so that I can try to establish claims on provinces my realm borders. I'd just change it so that you can lay claims on whoever, but I just went through a whole lot of marriage and murder to get a foothold on Solstheim before I figured out what the criteria were, and I don't want to invalidate that.

code:

action_fabricate_claims = {
	attribute = diplomacy

trigger = {
		NOT = {	any_province_lord = { character = FROM } }
		any_province_lord = {
			OR = {
				culture_group = FROM
				religion_group = FROM
			}
		}
		NOT = { owner = { character = FROM	} }
		NOT = { FROM = { has_landed_title = c_hrothgar } }
	}
	events = { 913 914 }
}

There's an any_neighbor_province scope you might be able to add to the requirements if you want to restrict it to things you border. I'm not sure if it would work but you can try it.

Rumda
Nov 4, 2009

Moth Lesbian Comrade
I came in to paradox games to late to play a lot of EU3 but I can see my self playing much more of 4

heres mine
http://signup.europauniversalis4.com/r/247d7b211a3

Janissary Hop
Sep 2, 2012

I beat UK and Austria in the first world war then two years later a crisis kicked off the second world war once again against the UK and Austria while they were still dismantled and still paying me reparations.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Please repay your loans.

Necroneocon
May 12, 2009

by Shine
Less talking and more streaming the game Johan!

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Pinterest Mom posted:

Please repay your loans.

He's just practicing Keynesian economics :shepface:

Miles Vorkosigan
Mar 21, 2007

The stuff that dreams are made of.

Pinterest Mom posted:

Please repay your loans.

Also read your newspapers, drat

Janissary Hop
Sep 2, 2012

I won the war and now I'm getting double reparations. :newlol:

Rumda
Nov 4, 2009

Moth Lesbian Comrade

Janissary Hop posted:

I won the war and now I'm getting double reparations. :newlol:

Now you can afford to pay your drat loans back.

Vodos
Jul 17, 2009

And how do we do that? We hurt a lot of people...

I hope you have a way to check the people reaching the 100 friends, because it would be pretty lame if someone won a trip to the studio by just inviting emails he created himself.

Necroneocon
May 12, 2009

by Shine
I asked this question way back, but is there a way to turn of loaning money to countries in Vicky 2?

Janissary Hop
Sep 2, 2012

So ya I think they need to look at how crises and great wars interact cause I don't think you're supposed to have 3 before 1900

My former Russian allies went to the other side because I accidentally gave them East Galicia instead of the promised West Galicia in the last war and they got mad about it

(and I paid off the loans shut up)

Janissary Hop fucked around with this message at 21:28 on Apr 25, 2013

Fintilgin
Sep 29, 2004

Fintilgin sweeps!

Janissary Hop posted:

So ya I think they need to look at how crises and great wars interact cause I don't think you're supposed to have 3 before 1900

My former Russian allies went to the other side because I accidentally gave them East Galicia instead of the promised West Galicia in the last war and they got mad about it

I know not with what weapons World War XVII will be fought, but World War XXVIII will be fought with sticks and stones.

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

I really like how as technology progresses your mega-stack of balanced fast moving units that can attack lesser stacks without problem slowly transforms into great-war style lines of infantry and attacking becomes a huge risky pain in the rear end.

Kavak
Aug 23, 2009

Luigi Thirty posted:

There's an any_neighbor_province scope you might be able to add to the requirements if you want to restrict it to things you border. I'm not sure if it would work but you can try it.

Tried several versions, none seem to work- Since I'm already save-scumming like hell, I'll just cheat myself the claims and pay the gold and prestige costs.

Wolfgang Pauli
Mar 26, 2008

One Three Seven

ZearothK posted:

This editor works for Rome, EU3, HoI3 and V2, it really should be added to the OP, since this question comes up a lot.

The POPAdjuster in this thread is an amazing tool for quickly editing POPs for a mod. Make sure you backup your files until you're familiar with it.
There should probably be a Helpful Modding poo poo section in the OP. Stuff like the Clausewitz Map Checker, Audax Validator, and the various wikis are great resources.

Nightblade posted:

OK, I only have AHD, but I checked the CB and it looks like you're right. Uncivs can only conquer colonies from civilized nations.
To fix that you could add
code:
			AND = {
				civilized = yes
				THIS = {
					civilized = no
				}
			}
to the "acquire_state" cb in cb_types.txt in the common folder.
Are you sure? Isn't the AND already in THIS scope? That would just disable the CB entirely.

Miles Vorkosigan posted:

Also read your newspapers, drat
I'm basically done with newspapers until they start weighting by significance. It's like they only exist to either report on things that I was directly involved with, or report on the relations between two insignificant German OPMs. The informative things aren't worth slowing the game down enough to read every last newspaper.

Janissary Hop posted:

Good god, man, use [timg] when you're gonna bust up some frames.

Guildencrantz
May 1, 2012

IM ONE OF THE GOOD ONES

Janissary Hop posted:

I'm pimping this again, but check out the Great War mod on the Pdox forums. It changes these so that it's a separate "Dismantle" CB instead, that you can add for free under appropriate conditions and it's what makes things escalate into total war. Once someone escalates, allies get pulled in, and any country who has that wargoal enforced on them collapses, releases all possible nations, loses all colonies and gets a huge boost to fascist/communist strength. And along the way you have several events that make war exhaustion hit really hard.

I just finished a game with it and the WWI in this universe really did shift the global balance of power the way they never do in vanilla. The first few postwar years are a complete clusterfuck like in reality, as well, where the losers go through a series of revolutions. Great Britain ended the game as a republic with no colonies, France briefly went Communist (Italy permanently) and Poland was a GP. Oddly enough, I think it's the first time where I saw AI Austria-Hungary survive and thrive, even actively bouncing back in the late game.

Edit: Also independent Australia is insane, the low starting population (I think it's like 60K) let me min-max my pops easily for fast research and political manipulation, and the immigration/assimilation bonuses are nuts once you push through social reforms. Finished at #2 with 8M population.

Guildencrantz fucked around with this message at 22:47 on Apr 25, 2013

Chickpea Roar
Jan 11, 2006

Merdre!

Wolfgang Pauli posted:

Are you sure? Isn't the AND already in THIS scope? That would just disable the CB entirely.

Yeah, I just tested it with Egypt, and I could fabricate an acquire state CB on the Ottoman empire.
Here's the full code for the CB: http://pastebin.com/3rS0UHMH

canepazzo
May 29, 2006

So, Victoria 2, some concepts I still cannot understand:

Assimilation: does it ever happen? Every single placeI conquered (Morocco, Switzerland, Dalmatia, Borneo, New Guinea) - all of the resident pops say "will not assimilate" or some such. From what I understand, you cannot assimilate pops that are cored in that state, but that makes assimilation something that basically never will happen.

Religious conversion: see above. Bonus question: what does it do?

Is there a message setting for a popup when another country dissolves alliance with you? I was 3rd allied to Germany 1st, and was bullying Austria (on fifth) who's allied with the UK - and when I managed to declare war UK joined in (as well as Russia for some reason) while Germany stood by and had apparently dissolved alliance some months back. Assholes.

Thanks guys!

canepazzo fucked around with this message at 05:26 on Apr 26, 2013

Janissary Hop
Sep 2, 2012

Guildencrantz posted:

I'm pimping this again, but check out the Great War mod on the Pdox forums. It changes these so that it's a separate "Dismantle" CB instead, that you can add for free under appropriate conditions and it's what makes things escalate into total war. Once someone escalates, allies get pulled in, and any country who has that wargoal enforced on them collapses, releases all possible nations, loses all colonies and gets a huge boost to fascist/communist strength. And along the way you have several events that make war exhaustion hit really hard.

I normally only play PDM which does this but I'm giving them a few months to figure their poo poo out with regards to HoD.

Guildencrantz
May 1, 2012

IM ONE OF THE GOOD ONES

Janissary Hop posted:

I normally only play PDM which does this but I'm giving them a few months to figure their poo poo out with regards to HoD.

It's the same mod that's part of PDM, just ported over to HoD before the whole thing is. Seems to work fine.

GenderSelectScreen
Mar 7, 2010

I DON'T KNOW EITHER DON'T ASK ME
College Slice

Necroneocon posted:

I asked this question way back, but is there a way to turn of loaning money to countries in Vicky 2?

I would also really like to know as well, because gently caress all these landlocked German states going bankrupt and preventing me from reaching their little province. :argh:

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Didn't Paradox have to turn down religious assimilation so the Jews wouldn't go extinct by 1900?

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Delicious and Informative!
:3:

canepazzo posted:

So, Victoria 2, some concepts I still cannot understand:

Assimilation: does it ever happen? Every single placeI conquered (Morocco, Switzerland, Dalmatia, Borneo, New Guinea) - all of the resident pops say "will not assimilate" or some such. From what I understand, you cannot assimilate pops that are cored in that state, but that makes assimilation something that basically never will happen.
Yeah, you just don't notice it because the pops that can be assimilated are assimilated. :v: But seriously, immigrant pops will assimilate into your country, and a province might be assimilated into your state culture through a combination of assimilation and migration. Say you conquer Switzerland. The Swiss pops will not assimilate within Switzerland, but some of them will leave Swiss provinces for your own core provinces, where they can be assimilated. At the same time, some of your own pops will move to Switzerland, where they won't assimilate into the local culture. Given enough time, you can assimilate a province that way, even if the pops that live there can't be assimilated within the province itself. (This is obviously more effective in provinces with low populations.)

E: And I guess immigrant pops that end up in Switzerland will be assimilated into your culture as well?

Janissary Hop
Sep 2, 2012

Guildencrantz posted:

It's the same mod that's part of PDM, just ported over to HoD before the whole thing is. Seems to work fine.

Maybe I'll look into it for my next game, the vanilla great wars are pretty poopy even accounting for discount cbs.

P.S. WWIV just finished, in 1905

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

I'd love to add some possible pan-european or regional super-countries/empires to v2. Can anyone point me to the direction on how to add an even/decision to form such a thing? I've never done any v2 modding but I kinda want to create some pan-slavic central european power. Like some sort of Czech-slovak-polish western-slav union.\

How hard is this to do? I'm sure there must be some guides out there but I'm having trouble finding good resources.

I can figure out how to make a country, or even make a country that you can release. What I want to do is create one that only exists via decision that adds more accepted cultures/cores and changes your name/flag.

Baronjutter fucked around with this message at 00:09 on Apr 26, 2013

catlord
Mar 22, 2009

What's on your mind, Axa?
PC Gamer has a preview for East Vs. West. EVW Preview. Still mostly talking about war, but it does mention a few other things, and the politics screen looks like Vic2 to me. I can't remember if it was shown off in a Dev Diary though. Still excited for it though.

Edit: I hope messing with reforms and liberties is easier than in Vic2 though. I haven't played too much (I don't have HoD), but it just seems so... counter-intuitive. Move all your soldiers out of the capital and let the revolutionaries take it?

catlord fucked around with this message at 23:56 on Apr 25, 2013

Raneman
Dec 24, 2010

by T. Finninho
Is there any reason I wouldn't be able to back a side in a crisis as a #7 great power? It's not working for me, I'm playing Belgium if that matters.

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Did I just say that out loud~~?!!!

canepazzo posted:

Oh also, http://signup.europauniversalis4.com/r/be6a68a0929 get me a copy of Sun Tzu's book, kind goons.
I signed up for you, friend! :respek:
Speaking of, here's something I noticed on this page.

quote:

3 recruitments — Duke / Duchess

Europa Universalis IV: Winged Hussars Unit Pack DLC (PDS)
Europa Universalis IV Golden forum icon
Europa Universalis IV presents: The Prince by Niccolò Machiavelli with introduction by Johan Andersson

5 recruitments — King / Queen

All rewards from Duke / Duchess
Europa Universalis IV presents: The Art of War by Sun Tzu with introduction by Thomas Johansson
Europa Universalis IV Strategy Guide
Europa Universalis IV: National Monuments DLC

Is Johan Thomas's daddy? :downs:

Baronjutter posted:

I'd love to add some possible pan-european or regional super-countries/empires to v2. Can anyone point me to the direction on how to add an even/decision to form such a thing? I've never done any v2 modding but I kinda want to create some pan-slavic central european power. Like some sort of Czech-slovak-polish western-slav union.\

How hard is this to do? I'm sure there must be some guides out there but I'm having trouble finding good resources.

I can figure out how to make a country, or even make a country that you can release. What I want to do is create one that only exists via decision that adds more accepted cultures/cores and changes your name/flag.

My advice is to find Prussia in the Decisions folder and look for the decision that forms the North German Federation.

EDIT: Look at that! I never expected I'd manage to do this with Vietnam of all places!

The littlest Great Power. :3:

DrSunshine fucked around with this message at 01:00 on Apr 26, 2013

MooselanderII
Feb 18, 2004

Hey, I am thinking of getting back into EU3. Does Wiz's mod work with miscmods and the other mods listed in the OP?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

I didn't even notice "Thomas Johansson." That is like, paradox.txt.

• Locked thread