Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Deathlove
Feb 20, 2003

Pillbug
I'm not expecting iPhone lines, and I know the preorder is sold out, but will there be S4s for the buying n stores this weekend? Or is this going to be a wait-and-see proposition?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Segata Sanshiro
Sep 10, 2011

we can live for nothing
baby i don't care

lose me like the ocean
feel the motion

:coolfish:

Has anyone who did the S4 preorder received their shipping notice/tracking number yet? I'm starting to wonder if it's really gonna be at my door by Saturday :geno:

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

If they ship it out like anything else Sprint has ever shipped me, you may well have the phone before the tracking number; they're far better about getting them to UPS/Fedex for overnight than they are about sending out the tracking.

effika
Jun 19, 2005
Birds do not want you to know any more than you already do.

IOwnCalculus posted:

If they ship it out like anything else Sprint has ever shipped me, you may well have the phone before the tracking number; they're far better about getting them to UPS/Fedex for overnight than they are about sending out the tracking.

Sprint uses UPS for logistics; shipping is actually quite quick since they save a step. My S3 arrived about 12 hours after my tracking number was active.

UPS even has a cheezy video about it!

NyetscapeNavigator
Sep 22, 2003

Sprint Galaxy SIII Set To Get Update To L710VPBMD4 Starting April 24 With Security Fix, Multi-View, More

thisdude23
Jul 10, 2001

So take me back, back to better days
Cause this time between is wasting me away

I think I got this from xda but have yet to use it though. I need to try it though...

datajosh
May 3, 2002

I had the realization these aren't my problem!
Looks like we're back to regular NV updates for now:

Approximately 930 updated sites since our last status update: Philadelphia Metro (85), Boston (83), Chicago (68), Western Pennsylvania (56), Minnesota (51), SF Bay (35), Baltimore (31), East Michigan (25), Indianapolis (23), LA Metro (23), Washington DC (22), Oregon/SW Washington (20), DFW (18), Nashville (17), West Washington (17), East Texas (16), Houston (16), Inland Northwest (16), Raleigh/Durham (16), Jacksonville (15), San Antonio (15), Southern Connecticut (15), North Wisconsin (14), Ft. Wayne/South Bend (12), South Bay (12), Charlotte (11), Louisiana (11), Orange County (11), Miami/West Palm (10), New Orleans (10), PR/VI (10), Myrtle Beach (9), New York City (9), Phoenix (9), San Diego (9), Memphis (8), Oklahoma (8), Norfolk (8), Riverside/San Bernardino (7), South Carolina (7), Tampa (7), Austin (6), Atlanta/Athens (5), Delaware (5), Kansas (5), Las Vegas (5), Providence (5), Central Jersey (4), Mississippi (4), Missouri (4), Upstate NY Central (3), Pittsburgh (3), Georgia (2), Long Island (2), Southern Jersey (2), South West Florida (2), Alabama (1), Upstate NY East (1), Gulf Coast (1), GA/SC Coast (1), Orlando (1), North LA (1), Northern Jersey (1), West Michigan (1).

Highlights this week: N/A.

Anonomono
Mar 12, 2013

Oh good, I was tired of relying on freeza's crappy ROM.

TVs Ian
Jun 1, 2000

Such graceful, delicate creatures.
Hm. HTC has a deal for sellers where I can trade in my S3 for a One for free. I just set up my first One for a customer, and I'm thinking about it. I like the feel of it, the screen is beautiful, and having the IR would be nice.

I really hate the home screen, but it's nothing a launcher won't fix. I think I'm mostly just getting bored with my S3.

Anonomono
Mar 12, 2013

TVs Ian posted:

Hm. HTC has a deal for sellers where I can trade in my S3 for a One for free. I just set up my first One for a customer, and I'm thinking about it. I like the feel of it, the screen is beautiful, and having the IR would be nice.

Oooh, do tell more. What sellers do this? I'd love to get a One instead of my S3.

TVs Ian
Jun 1, 2000

Such graceful, delicate creatures.

Anonomono posted:

Oooh, do tell more. What sellers do this? I'd love to get a One instead of my S3.
See if you can register at http://www.htcchampions.com - they ask what store you work at and stuff. The details are on there after you get registered.

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

Bummed about the delay on shipping the S4. I take it this is going to affect pre-orders as well?

foundtomorrow
Feb 10, 2007

Colonel Wood posted:

Bummed about the delay on shipping the S4. I take it this is going to affect pre-orders as well?

Source?

ThermoPhysical
Dec 26, 2007

http://allthingsd.com/20130424/sprint-delays-retail-launch-for-samsung-galaxy-s4/

Both T-Mobile and Sprint are delaying the sales of the S4.

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

My bad for not posting a link in the original post. I have been obsessively scouring for S4 news all week and was pissed when I saw the delay. I have an HTC Evo sputtering on its last legs and I have been dying for a new phone. This is not making me happy :(

What are the odds I could call customer service and get the activation fee waived because of the delay?

nmfree
Aug 15, 2001

The Greater Goon: Breaking Hearts and Chains since 2006

datajosh posted:

North Wisconsin (14)
:derp: It begins!

pass the butter
Mar 22, 2006

OH MY GOD
Not sure if this helps anyone, but just in case-

I went to the sprint my order page, popped in my order # to see if it would kick me back a tracking #. It did not, but I did get a silly chat window asking if I wanted help tracking my order. I figured, why not - went through that, and the rep said they are all set to ship them out and have it delivered BY Saturday at the latest. The rep did say, while pre order people will get them on time - the stores almost certainly will not. So there's that.

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

My galaxy s4 shipping confirmation email came today and I should get it tomorrow according to UPS. Anyone else get a tracking number?

Duckman2008
Jan 6, 2010

TFW you see Flyers goaltending.
Grimey Drawer

Anonomono posted:

Thanks every one for this link, I ordered the ATT version since they are doing it for employees of all carriers.

Fyi, it's $249 up front, and you have the option to trade in a phone for $XX value. I didn't yet want to trade in my S3, so I picked a HTC Vivid and I am going to try and get one off ebay in the next 30 days. If I can't, the terms say you just don't get the check back, you still keep the phone for $250. Not a bad deal.

Matlock
Sep 12, 2004

Childs Play Charity 2011 Total: $1755
Well now. As of yesterday, my HTC One camera has started putting out terrible quality images with lots of color banding. I've had it for a week. Do I have to take this back to a corp store (I'm on SERO) or would an authorized dealer work?

Duckman2008
Jan 6, 2010

TFW you see Flyers goaltending.
Grimey Drawer

Matlock posted:

Well now. As of yesterday, my HTC One camera has started putting out terrible quality images with lots of color banding. I've had it for a week. Do I have to take this back to a corp store (I'm on SERO) or would an authorized dealer work?

If you have had it for a week you are still just within your 14 day return policy so you would take it to a corporate store with box and everything to do a full exchange.

After that any repair center would do the trick, keep in mind if you don't have TEP there is a fee for any exchanges (yes even under warranty and even within a month), Sprint's policy is that they do warranty as a convenience, and if you don't want to pay $50 or TEP you can go through HTC.

pass the butter
Mar 22, 2006

OH MY GOD

Colonel Wood posted:

My galaxy s4 shipping confirmation email came today and I should get it tomorrow according to UPS. Anyone else get a tracking number?

Yeah, I got mine this morning, s4 shows up later today. Whee!

What is the exact number I need to call to activate and change my SERO to SERO LTE or whatever I need do there?

Also, does anyone have any experience with the send in your old phone thing? Is that going to be a decent deal for my galaxy s1 slideout model, or am I better off just selling on the forums here?

And I'm curious what the general consensus is on screen protection - I have ghost armor on my nexus 7, nice but kinda pricey.

Any opinions on any of the above greatly appreciated.

td4guy
Jun 13, 2005

I always hated that guy.

Agatsu posted:

What is the exact number I need to call to activate and change my SERO to SERO LTE or whatever I need do there?
The SERO/EPRP one in the OP.

Segata Sanshiro
Sep 10, 2011

we can live for nothing
baby i don't care

lose me like the ocean
feel the motion

Also got my shipping notice, and according to UPS it'll be here by 3 P.M. today. Sucks about the inventory delays, but at least they're not loving those of us who pre-ordered :dance:

Yeah I'm irrationally excited about getting a flashy new consumer electronic that'll probably be worthless by 2016 because I've spent the past two years with the HTC Evo 3D.

corgski
Feb 6, 2007

Silly goose, you're here forever.

Agatsu posted:

Yeah, I got mine this morning, s4 shows up later today. Whee!

Also, does anyone have any experience with the send in your old phone thing? Is that going to be a decent deal for my galaxy s1 slideout model, or am I better off just selling on the forums here?

And I'm curious what the general consensus is on screen protection - I have ghost armor on my nexus 7, nice but kinda pricey.

Any opinions on any of the above greatly appreciated.

Sprint will give you $18 for the original Epic 4G. Quite honestly, I'd even give you more as long as it was in decent condition.

pass the butter
Mar 22, 2006

OH MY GOD

thelightguy posted:

Sprint will give you $18 for the original Epic 4G. Quite honestly, I'd even give you more as long as it was in decent condition.

18$? Wow! That's not even worth packing it up and driving to fedex. Yes, I'm that lazy.

That said, it is a really old phone, hence the upgrade to the s4. I'll poke my head around ebay figure a fair deal and post it in samart in the next few weeks. Thanks for the info, I will let you know when I get that figured.

Excited for the new flashy consumer electronics as well - I see via tracking it made it to phoenix, which is south of me, then a town equally far away to the north a few hours later. I'll get it today but WHY ARE YOU CIRCLING ME LIKE AN ANGRY BUZZARD come home to me shiny robot object etc etc.

Tedronai66
Aug 24, 2006
Better to Reign in Hell...

Agatsu posted:

18$? Wow! That's not even worth packing it up and driving to fedex. Yes, I'm that lazy.

That said, it is a really old phone, hence the upgrade to the s4. I'll poke my head around ebay figure a fair deal and post it in samart in the next few weeks. Thanks for the info, I will let you know when I get that figured.

Excited for the new flashy consumer electronics as well - I see via tracking it made it to phoenix, which is south of me, then a town equally far away to the north a few hours later. I'll get it today but WHY ARE YOU CIRCLING ME LIKE AN ANGRY BUZZARD come home to me shiny robot object etc etc.

Aren't distribution centers fun?

pass the butter
Mar 22, 2006

OH MY GOD

Tedronai66 posted:

Aren't distribution centers fun?

Haha, I could care less. It's showing up today. It's just funny, anything that ships ground tends to take a very linear path from the main distro (phoenix) to me, but they next day shipped it yesterday so it's bouncing all over the place.

Depending on the bluetooth range to my headphones, it will probably replace my ipod/wireless dongle as my jukebox for when I go lift weights, which is unstable and has poor range - hence my excitement.

sirbeefalot
Aug 24, 2004
Fast Learner.
Fun Shoe

Agatsu posted:

They offered me $5 in store for my Pre when I picked up my EVO3D a couple years ago. I couldn't stifle the laugh.

rock2much
Feb 6, 2004

Grimey Drawer
For some reason I still have my Epic4G and a Moment. I think if I sold them together to Sprint I'd get $18.01.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

rock2much posted:

For some reason I still have my Epic4G and a Moment. I think if I sold them together to Sprint I'd get $18.01.

I'm weird about my cell phones, I never get rid of them. I still have my Treo 700, and (I think) my Sanyo 5150. JUST IN CASE, YOU KNOW!

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

Sprint had a typo on my shipping address so now I have to pick the phone up at my local UPS center. Which, according to yelp, is ranked somewhere between the third circle of hell and the DMV

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

My HTC One should be coming in today - can't wait until I get off of work. I'm a little pissed that Newegg took so long getting my preorder to me, but they did throw in a $20 Visa giftcard, so I can't be too mad.

WoG
Jul 13, 2004

Colonel Wood posted:

Sprint had a typo on my shipping address so now I have to pick the phone up at my local UPS center. Which, according to yelp, is ranked somewhere between the third circle of hell and the DMV

You read yelp reviews on a UPS center?

'Sure, I showed my ID and they handed me my package, but there was no free WiFi, and their selection of vegan panini was decidedly pedestrian.'

pass the butter
Mar 22, 2006

OH MY GOD
Got my S4 today, Sprint was a day early even. Not too shabby I suppose!

Is that sero/eprp line worth calling on non business hours? Or should I wait until Monday to activate?

Segata Sanshiro
Sep 10, 2011

we can live for nothing
baby i don't care

lose me like the ocean
feel the motion

My S4 arrived a whopping 5 minutes after 3 P.M. who do I sue!? :argh:

But seriously this thing is baller. The screen is gorgeous. And the battery really must be a beast considering how much power it has left and how much I've been dicking around with this phone today.

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

Just got the One, and holy poo poo. :swoon:

I don't want to put it in a case, it's just so drat nice to hold.

Loucks
May 21, 2007

It's incwedibwe easy to suck my own dick.

Just signed on to order an S4 and Sprint is on Central time for the release. Who the hell is on Central time? :wtc:

SpelledBackwards
Jan 7, 2001

I found this image on the Internet, perhaps you've heard of it? It's been around for a while I hear.

Loucks posted:

Just signed on to order an S4 and Sprint is on Central time for the release. Who the hell is on Central time? :wtc:
Sprint HQ

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Loucks
May 21, 2007

It's incwedibwe easy to suck my own dick.

Oh. Well. Never mind then!

edit: Good god this site is hosed:

:suicide:

double edit: The "SERO Telesales line" seems to be staffed entirely by people for whom English is a distant second language. Only desperate people should dial 888-882-4030.

Loucks fucked around with this message at 10:01 on Apr 27, 2013