Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
dijon du jour
Mar 27, 2013

I'm shy

trapped mouse posted:

gently caress that! Rachel Maddow is definitely my celebrity crush. :swoon: Also, by that (twisted, bigoted) logic, shouldn't they be in support of gay marriage?

That's Rachel Maddow? Oh wow then that makes the comment "One of them looks like Rachel Maddow :shepface:." even funnier. Of course, it still can't beat out

quote:

Side note question: Why does a gay person who says they're not attracted to the opposite sex end up w/ a person of the same sex who dresses and acts like a person of the opposite sex? Hmmmm
for complete hilarity. :laffo:

As a footnote, holy poo poo this page has posted 22 new updates since I last checked it. How can one person be so prolific? :psyduck:
One post did include this beautifully, beautifully :ironicat: image.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cygna
Mar 6, 2009

The ghost of a god is no man.

Every one of his posts is like this, minus the car picture.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

DrManiac
Feb 29, 2012

Wow, I literally haven't heard this argument since middle school.

Just Burgs
Jan 15, 2011

Gravy Boat 2k

It's like an echo chamber of insecurity!

Fun facts! This lovely gentleman is a lovely MRA/Redditor and wears a god-damned fedora and trench coat around campus. Which, I'd like to mention, is a Community College! It's not a hard university by any means; I was 18 when I graduated, and he's been there almost five years now. Also, he's a psychology major, so how does he expect to do anything if he can't pass a baseline course, the history classes there are incredibly easy, and how do you gently caress up poetry that badly?

Also, the "hard work" he was doing was being a part-time cashier at McDonald's.

I really wish I knew what the comment he deleted/unfriended someone over was. I hope it was something like "Try working harder" :allears:.

Amused to Death
Aug 10, 2009

google "The Night Witches", and prepare for :stare:

OmniDesol posted:

lovely MRA/Redditor

I like to think his grades are so low because in reality all of his teachers were women, and in psychology he was like "Look, we can't say for certain that female hysteria isn't a real thing", then in history he was like "Look, all I'm saying is the nation was in its golden era before the 19th amendment was passed, and before the whole Seneca Falls bullshit started making it so women weren't the property of their husbands.", and for poetry I'm going to assume he just tried playing the "Feminists Killed Kurt Cobain" thing from youtube

Just Burgs
Jan 15, 2011

Gravy Boat 2k

Amused to Death posted:

I like to think his grades are so low because in reality all of his teachers were women, and in psychology he was like "Look, we can't say for certain that female hysteria isn't a real thing", then in history he was like "Look, all I'm saying is the nation was in its golden era before the 19th amendment was passed, and before the whole Seneca Falls bullshit started making it so women weren't the property of their husbands.", and for poetry I'm going to assume he just tried playing the "Feminists Killed Kurt Cobain" thing from youtube

I know the psych teacher from that school; she was totally badass, I'm not quite sure if he would be alive if he had said that.

I'm really happy to tell you that he's decided his poetry was so good, he decided to share it with Facebook. Here are some choice examples:

SO DEEP posted:

When Did It Begin?

My dearest friend,
When did it begin?
When did these feelings start to brew within?
Your eyes, shimmering green, showed such beauty.
Perhaps it was then that I swore fealty.
So far Ive kept that true.
No matter what, Ill be there for you as a friend.
Youve helped me through many rough times.
Im glad to continue doing the same.
Everyday these feelings live again.
Everyday I feel them within.

Haunting Presence

The howl of a distant wolf.
The silence of the night broken so easily.
Your voice hasnt been heard.
Years have passed it seems.
Yet every night I feel your presence.
Deaths second self brings you to me.
Yet still I cannot touch you.
I cannot teach you what I know.
I cannot lay you in bed and say goodnight.
I cannot hold my sweet child close.
Deaths second self comes once again.
It brings your haunting presence every night.

I'm relatively certain that these are both in reference to his ex-girlfriend, who left him after he did some incredibly hosed up things that I don't quite feel comfortable going into all the details of.
I'm really glad the teacher failed him; it's good to know they had standards.

Bonus different idiot on facebook!

You know, this starts off well, and if it had just ended after "We agree", that would be just fine. But the last point frankly baffles me a little... How, exactly, does requesting background checks on people wanting to own a weapon compare to the incredibly discriminatory things people have done to/said about Muslims?

Amused to Death
Aug 10, 2009

google "The Night Witches", and prepare for :stare:
Hot drat, and I thought my poetry was bad. I think rule #1 of poetry should be if you're not good at it, don't do it in first person.

OmniDesol posted:

You know, this starts off well, and if it had just ended after "We agree", that would be just fine. But the last point frankly baffles me a little... How, exactly, does requesting background checks on people wanting to own a weapon compare to the incredibly discriminatory things people have done to/said about Muslims?

Literally any gun law is a massive attack to try to destroy the second amendment and confiscate all guns from gun owners as there are absolutely no real reasons on why we might need any gun laws, so it's obviously the same as the discrimination Muslims face.(its basically one giant persecution complex, maybe its why they love guns so much to begin with)

Nilbog Resident
Dec 23, 2005

X Y v ^

OmniDesol posted:

I'm relatively certain that these are both in reference to his ex-girlfriend, who left him after he did some incredibly hosed up things that I don't quite feel comfortable going into all the details of.

Please? Please.

A Fancy 400 lbs
Jul 24, 2008
I'm not gonna post a picture, but my university's Confessions page posted instructions for an SQL injection attack as a tip for how to get free prints. The week before finals weeks. How dumb do you have to loving be to think that's a good idea? Also how loving dumb is my university to leave the printing system open to SQL injections, is this the year 2000 still or something?

RyuujinBlueZ
Oct 9, 2007

WHAT DID YOU DO?!
Oh hey, I finally have something to post!

We went to high school together years back, and while she's always been maybe a bit hippie-ish she never seemed the sort to buy into conspiracy theories. On the plus side, I learned about HAARP!

community ham boil
Nov 6, 2012

the universe seems neither benign nor hostile, merely indifferent.

quote:

Ok FB friends, you may think this method is a hoax at first glance, but make no mistake. This is a skill-set developed under a classified military program and has recently been de-classified to allow the public to be trained on it's methods. This is not fake, this is a real scientific method of peering into the present or the future and collecting information that was previously unknowable, backed by years of scientific evidence. Many events have been predicted using this method but have been dismissed as coincidence untill recently. Consider attempting to learn this skill. I am as soon as I am able.

He links to this: http://remoteviewing.com/

This is the same person who told me I was dumb for not believing that the governments of the world all came together in order to hide the fact that the meteor that exploded over Russia on the same day as the other asteroid flew by Earth were not related because meteors carry alien life and Christians wouldn't be able to handle that.

edit:

quote:

Thats awesome, i have been doing some research myself. The ex CIA remote viewers are saying some scary things about the future. They have plotted out several events that will happen the will be a precursor to what they are calling "The Killshot Sequence" which is supposedly a massive giant flare predicted to cook the southern hemisphere abd kill billions. Some of these events have already came and went.

Sorry southern hemisphere, the remote viewers have spoken. The kill shot is coming for you. :clint:

community ham boil has a new favorite as of 20:05 on Apr 26, 2013

modernwinglish
Dec 28, 2012

I'll squawk the world and molt with you

I just posted a somewhat lengthy Fact Check piece that disputed the claim that lawmakers can exempt themselves out of "Obamacare." I have the feeling that will go over like a lead balloon.

trapped mouse
May 25, 2008

by Azathoth

"If you have music from some pop artists, but not 1 specific band from my favorite subgenre of music then you're a terrible sheeple who lets the music industry pick all your music for you!"

I love the implication that the only reason someone would listen to PSY or Nicki Minaj is because they have no taste and let the music industry decide everything they listen to, but anyone who listens to Pantera is a free-spirited thinker who is in no way influenced by their peers or marketing.

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Teach
Mar 28, 2008

Pillbug

It's a tiny tiny pic, but I can spot a Fedora from miles....

A Fancy 400 lbs
Jul 24, 2008

trapped mouse posted:

"If you have music from some pop artists, but not 1 specific band from my favorite subgenre of music then you're a terrible sheeple who lets the music industry pick all your music for you!"

I love the implication that the only reason someone would listen to PSY or Nicki Minaj is because they have no taste and let the music industry decide everything they listen to, but anyone who listens to Pantera is a free-spirited thinker who is in no way influenced by their peers or marketing.

That and I don't really think you can choose a band that had an album debut at No 1 on the Billboard charts pre-iTunes/Amazon MP3 to represent bucking the music industry.

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

A Fancy 400 lbs posted:

That and I don't really think you can choose a band that had an album debut at No 1 on the Billboard charts pre-iTunes/Amazon MP3 to represent bucking the music industry.

:goonsay: BU-BU-BUT NIRVANA!

dijon du jour
Mar 27, 2013

I'm shy

Stop letting the music industry pick your music for you! Let me pick your music for you!

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Praseodymi
Aug 26, 2010

Is this physically possible for anyone to get, or is he sharing a joke he had with his friends?

Zero Star
Jan 22, 2006

Robit the paranoid blogger.
I could probably confuse Neil DeGrasse Tyson by babbling all manner of irrelevant bullshit at him too.

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

Praseodymi posted:

Is this physically possible for anyone to get, or is he sharing a joke he had with his friends?

Intense. In tents. He's being awkward and weird at city boy scientist Neil deGrasse Tyson because he thinks he's funny.

Nilbog Resident
Dec 23, 2005

X Y v ^
He didn't even say the god drat joke right. It's supposed to pertain to the circus. :colbert:

Lottery of Babylon
Apr 25, 2012

STRAIGHT TROPIN'

Praseodymi posted:

"Intense" = "In tense" = "In tents" = "You go camping in tents! :downs:"

It took me a few minutes staring at that post to figure that out and I feel dumber for it. That's the sort of "joke" that would have gotten you laughed off the elementary school playground for being way too lame even for second-graders.

e:f;b multiple times

Praseodymi
Aug 26, 2010

Jesus Christ, that was awful. I feel like that wasn't my fault, I was expecting something that someone at least found funny.

Dark Cohomology
Nov 4, 2009

I don't get the idiot here. Ebert did make that sweeping claim and eventually rescinded it, saying something like "well I guess I shouldn't dismiss something so categorically".

Attributing it to his old man status is probably akin to how graphic novels took generations to be accepted into literary circles.

RideTheSpiral
Sep 18, 2005
College Slice

Dark Cohomology posted:

akin to how graphic novels took generations to be accepted into literary circles.

When did this happen?

Nilbog Resident
Dec 23, 2005

X Y v ^

RideTheSpiral posted:

When did this happen?

Pretty much when Neil Gaiman was writing Sandman.

edit: I need content. https://www.facebook.com/youmightbe.fromhamilton?fref=ts

This is where I live. :smith:

Nilbog Resident has a new favorite as of 23:21 on Apr 26, 2013

Inspector Zenigata
Jul 19, 2010

- - -

Inspector Zenigata has a new favorite as of 21:30 on Apr 2, 2014

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

Arkady Fireovitch posted:

It's good to see conservatives stealing material from George Carlin routines aimed at them. :ironicat:

I knew that sounded familiar.

N. Senada
May 17, 2011

My kidneys are busted

Inspector Zenigata posted:

In the past couple decades; Persepolis, Watchmen, Maus, Sandman, etc.

The list goes on.

Ballin Stalin
Dec 29, 2009

by Lowtax
A 21 year old woman on my friends list just posted this.

GrrrlSweatshirt
Jun 2, 2012

Ballin Stalin posted:

A 21 year old woman on my friends list just posted this.

I love the translucent, barely-visible "Shut up I'm still talking" superimposed over Yogi's stomach.

EDIT: Oh, that's just the page's name. Still funny though.

Stoatbringer
Sep 15, 2004

naw, you love it you little ho-bot :roboluv:

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Someone alert the Northern France tourism board that their subway advertisements in England aren't clear enough

ol qwerty bastard
Dec 13, 2005

If you want something done, do it yourself!

leidend posted:

Someone alert the Northern France tourism board that their subway advertisements in England aren't clear enough

I don't know if I'm still just tired or hungover or missing something obvious but I've reread their comment on the picture several times and I'm still not sure what it is trying to say.

People on my feed have been pretty good about not posting this poo poo but unfortunately this just came up:

Thankfully blue isn't my friend, but to red I would suggest that if you don't want to look like a crazy conspiracy theorist, then don't post crazy conspiracy theories.

(I made the mistake of actually going to the link, it's all a bunch of "CLEARLY you can see a thing happening in this blurry smoke-filled video frame" [and it's stuff like "both people are looking in the same direction which means they are obviously responding to a go signal being given by someone off camera"] - the main thesis is that if both your legs got blown off, you would go into shock and then die from massive blood loss, but then the author seems to be confused as to why the victim looks too calm [isn't that what shock is?] and then claims that the tourniquets visible aren't tight enough [you'd think that "blood isn't spurting from the victim's wounds" would be evidence that they in fact are tight enough but of course it's just taken as more evidence for the conspiracy].)

I guess it's actually really nice and sweet that the shadow government trying to use false-flag terror attacks to achieve [????] is so concerned about not hurting people that they would hire actors and use fake bombs and stuff. In fact if the reptilians/masons/illuminati/Jews/whoever are that ethical then they sound better than the regular government, which doesn't really have any problem with killing civilians.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

ol qwerty bastard posted:

I don't know if I'm still just tired or hungover or missing something obvious but I've reread their comment on the picture several times and I'm still not sure what it is trying to say.

She couldn't tell that it was in France despite it saying "NORTHERN FRANCE," having a GoToFranceNow.com URL, showing a large map of northern France in relation to England, and information on how to get to France from England via ferry.

But she love space thingies so she wants to find something similar in London, where she is.

UnfortunateSexFart has a new favorite as of 11:19 on Apr 27, 2013

ol qwerty bastard
Dec 13, 2005

If you want something done, do it yourself!
Oh, okay. The weird grammar in the second sentence was tripping me up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RideTheSpiral
Sep 18, 2005
College Slice

leidend posted:

She couldn't tell that it was in France despite it saying "NORTHERN FRANCE," having a GoToFranceNow.com URL, showing a large map of northern France in relation to England, and information on how to get to France from England via ferry.

But she love space thingies so she wants to find something similar in London, where she is.

I dunno. I find that whole poster pretty confusing. Are they suggesting we go all the way to Northern France for some weird space thing that is not described at all?

It looks like two entirely different advertisements to me.

• Locked thread