Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jenny Angel
Oct 24, 2010

Out of Control
Hard to Regulate
Anything Goes!
Lipstick Apathy
Someone who knows more about League than me can probably point to why this is wrong, but Doublelift just seems incredibly overrated. He posts a lot of kills in CLG's winning games, but that's sorta what happens when his team runs four supports. Shutting him out seems pretty easy, and people just sorta vaguely praise his "mechanics" a lot without giving a sense of what that means. The commentators were going apeshit when he 1v1'd MegaZero's riven in their last game against MRN, but that was actually just horrible play from MegaZero. He completely whiffed his Wind Slash, throwing it 45 degrees away from Doublelift. Doublelift played competently, but he's just never struck me as worthy of the incredibly hype he carries.

The Mattybee posted:

CLG are a bunch of sexist pieces of poo poo and I'm really glad to see Vulcun loving dumping on them

gently caress CLG forever

Jesus, first I heard of this but it wouldn't exactly surprise me (more of a "gently caress gamers" than a "gently caress CLG specifically"). Who on CLG did something lovely, and what'd he do?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IBentMyWookie
Apr 8, 2003
I just see NA getting totally stomped by EU and Asian teams they're not even close. Maybe TSM is the only decent team anymore.

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"

Jonny Angel posted:

Someone who knows more about League than me can probably point to why this is wrong, but Doublelift just seems incredibly overrated. He posts a lot of kills in CLG's winning games, but that's sorta what happens when his team runs four supports. Shutting him out seems pretty easy, and people just sorta vaguely praise his "mechanics" a lot without giving a sense of what that means. The commentators were going apeshit when he 1v1'd MegaZero's riven in their last game against MRN, but that was actually just horrible play from MegaZero. He completely whiffed his Wind Slash, throwing it 45 degrees away from Doublelift. Doublelift played competently, but he's just never struck me as worthy of the incredibly hype he carries.

Jesus, first I heard of this but it wouldn't exactly surprise me (more of a "gently caress gamers" than a "gently caress CLG specifically"). Who on CLG did something lovely, and what'd he do?

When DoubleLift is on his game he can show off some really impressive micro (dodging skillshots with tumble on reaction was a favorite of his), but his map awareness has always been really bad.

Zahki
Nov 7, 2004

The Mattybee posted:

CLG are a bunch of sexist pieces of poo poo and I'm really glad to see Vulcun loving dumping on them

gently caress CLG forever

What is this about?

quote:

I just see NA getting totally stomped by EU and Asian teams they're not even close. Maybe TSM is the only decent team anymore.

All Stars is just going to be humiliating.

Also Koreans love Doublelift and rate him very highly, I didn't see any of the OGN games he played while they were over there last year but I'm guessing thats where most of the hype comes from, he was a superstar over there.

The Mattybee
Sep 15, 2007

despair.

Jonny Angel posted:

Friend of mine was supposed to be streaming on their site, and then apparently a friend of theirs poo poo-talked her so they decided not to, which is fine.

Them talking on stream about how they "put that bitch in her place" was not quite so cool, and I believe they also have a policy where they literally won't hire girls at all because it "causes drama".

Veev
Oct 21, 2010

K is for kid.
A guy or gal just like you.
Dont be in such a hurry to grow up, since there's nothin' a kid can't do.

victorious posted:

As much as I like to see the lower-ranked teams take out the bigger ones, my fear is that now those big teams will crush the promotion series, and the Summer LCS will have the same lineup as the Spring.

If the "big teams" would crush the promotion series then the "little teams" who just beat them would of crushed them harder.

Chalupa Picada
Jan 13, 2009

Jonny Angel posted:

I dunno, Saint already left CLG and he's basically MRA personified. The rest just seemed like your average greasy nerds.

The Mattybee
Sep 15, 2007

despair.
Vulcun poopy this game. :(

FungiCap
Jul 23, 2007

Let's all just calm down and put on our thinking caps.
Cool Shen bug. I'd be pissed if I was Vulcan if that just happened to me.

Failboattootoot
Feb 6, 2011

Enough of this nonsense. You are an important mayor and this absurd contraption has wasted enough of your time.

Yasser Arafatwa posted:

I dunno, Saint already left CLG and he's basically MRA personified. The rest just seemed like your average greasy nerds.

This is why I'm a TSM fan. I am still floored that Dyrus apologized on stage for using the word rape in an interview. It's not much but it's about infinity times more than any other pro has done that I am aware of. Even if the rest of TSM are pretty standard dudebros, at least there is Dyrus.

Relin
Oct 6, 2002

You have been a most worthy adversary, but in every game, there are winners and there are losers. And as you know, in this game, losers get robotizicized!

The Mattybee posted:

Friend of mine was supposed to be streaming on their site, and then apparently a friend of theirs poo poo-talked her so they decided not to, which is fine.

Them talking on stream about how they "put that bitch in her place" was not quite so cool, and I believe they also have a policy where they literally won't hire girls at all because it "causes drama".

I don't mean to be sexist, but that's true when it's 5+ guys living together (are there any gaming houses, in US or EU or ROK that have a girl actually living there?). That shouldn't matter as much when it's just streaming though, it may be more likely that that "friend of theirs" wanted that spot for someone they favored rather than pure machismo.

Failboattootoot
Feb 6, 2011

Enough of this nonsense. You are an important mayor and this absurd contraption has wasted enough of your time.

Relin posted:

I don't mean to be sexist, but that's true when it's 5+ guys living together (are there any gaming houses, in US or EU or ROK that have a girl actually living there?). That shouldn't matter as much when it's just streaming though, it may be more likely that that "friend of theirs" wanted that spot for someone they favored rather than pure machismo.

TSM has had a couple of live-in girlfriends forever. One of the rookie teams has a woman for a manager and she's living with them right now.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Relin posted:

If a group of people can't actually live with anyone of the opposite sex without it causing drama, that's kind of a problem. Other teams have done it (I believe TSM for example). If their argument for not hiring women is "well, we can't control ourselves, there would be drama," that's actually pretty pathetic.

Also drat it, Vulcun, why'd you choke so hard. :smith:

Admoon
Oct 29, 2009

CLG's girlfriends lived with them for a long time, they even went to Korea with them. I think it's only recently that it's been a sausagefest.

The Mattybee
Sep 15, 2007

despair.

Relin posted:

Yeah my issue (and this friends) wasn't the being declined, it was the sexist poo poo being said about her afterwards.

victorious
Jul 2, 2007

As a youth I prayed, "Give me chastity and continence, but not yet."

FungiCap posted:

Cool Shen bug. I'd be pissed if I was Vulcan if that just happened to me.

What bug?

Zahki
Nov 7, 2004

Maybe CLG should've used a ban on Tristana, Zuna is just a beast on her.

y_3
Aug 18, 2010

After how poorly CLG's been doing I'm not sure why the vote wasn't in favor of Vulcun.

Setset
Apr 14, 2012
Grimey Drawer
Orianna isn't doing very well today. Her ult combo (with rabadon's) + malphite's only brought the 0 defensive item trist down to 50% hp. I'd love to see a Cass in one of these games. Where has she been this LCS?

Failboattootoot
Feb 6, 2011

Ninkobei posted:

Orianna isn't doing very well today. Her ult combo (with rabadon's) + malphite's only brought the 0 defensive item trist down to 50% hp. I'd love to see a Cass in one of these games. Where has she been this LCS?

She got played at least once last week. I don't remember if she won though.

Jenny Angel
Oct 24, 2010

Out of Control
Hard to Regulate
Anything Goes!
Lipstick Apathy
gently caress yes the two upsets actually happened. So pleased about this.

Failboattootoot
Feb 6, 2011

Jonny Angel posted:

gently caress yes the two upsets actually happened. So pleased about this.

Not quite yet. :ohdear:

y_3
Aug 18, 2010

Hotshott stood there like a freakin ' ' ROCK ' ' lmfao.f.. faiopwjap

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

Today is the best day of League.

Jenny Angel
Oct 24, 2010

Out of Control
Hard to Regulate
Anything Goes!
Lipstick Apathy

Failboattootoot posted:

Not quite yet. :ohdear:

Nope, posting from the future, Vulcun wins this.

EDIT: Being from the future owns. :smug:

The Mattybee
Sep 15, 2007

despair.
GET IN THE loving DUMPSTER, CLG. I hope they get loving relegated.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Man, everyone I want to win is winning. It's nice.

Veskit
Mar 2, 2005

I love capitalism!! DM me for the best investing advice!
I'm sad only for Afro, because he's a cool guy not because he's a good player. Later CLG!

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

False enemy or true friend?
Holy poo poo, some needs a screengrab of CLG's expression. That was the most solemn, unhappy look I've ever seen by five dudes.

Ratmtattat
Mar 10, 2004
the hairdryer

Man, Vulcan and GGU upsets make me so happy.

y_3
Aug 18, 2010

Veskit posted:

I'm sad only for Afro, because he's a cool guy not because he's a good player. Later CLG!

yeah I love aphro. He's a really chill dude and when he streams it's great.\

Servaetes posted:

Holy poo poo, some needs a screengrab of CLG's expression. That was the most solemn, unhappy look I've ever seen by five dudes.

I really loving should have taken one. I have puush open and everything. Hope someone took it.

Zahki
Nov 7, 2004

Man it's going to be hilarious if CLG lose to Jijis team. Saintvicious and Voyboy must be :smug: as gently caress right now.

Despera
Jun 6, 2011
Was that the last game of the day?

Failboattootoot
Feb 6, 2011

blablablabla posted:

Was that the last game of the day?

Yup!

Veskit
Mar 2, 2005

I love capitalism!! DM me for the best investing advice!

Beef Assistant posted:

yeah I love aphro. He's a really chill dude and when he streams it's great.\

I really loving should have taken one. I have puush open and everything. Hope someone took it.

Why is it hard to? Just rewind.

y_3
Aug 18, 2010

Veskit posted:

Why is it hard to? Just rewind.

Ahahahha. Also I didn't know about the youtube stream. I'm on twitch.

The Mattybee
Sep 15, 2007

despair.

Zahki posted:

Man it's going to be hilarious if CLG lose to Jijis team. Saintvicious and Voyboy must be :smug: as gently caress right now.

I cannot think of anything funnier than Azure Cats eliminating CLG from LCS play.

Zahki
Nov 7, 2004

Aphromoo in particular must feel especially lovely because he left Vulcun to join CLG. At the time he must've thought it was his ticket into the big boys league,and now here he is getting shitstomped by them.

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

Zahki posted:

If I were Saint or Voyboy I'd be pretty worried right now since their team's performance hasn't been any better than Dig's or CLG's lately.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

victorious
Jul 2, 2007

As a youth I prayed, "Give me chastity and continence, but not yet."
Does anyone know if CLG and Dignitas stop getting paid by Riot as of now, or would that happen only if they get knocked out of the promotion series too?

• Locked thread