Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
Man, Chris G just double frauded someone.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

getitoffgetitoff
Sep 24, 2007

by Ralp
Mike Ross is still a fraud.

Jmcrofts
Jan 7, 2008

just chillin' in the club
Lipstick Apathy
Chris G wants that $8.95

Tekopo
Oct 24, 2008

When you see it, you'll shit yourself.

It's kind of sad that top competitive Divekick is just spamming the same move again and again :(

Brett824
Mar 30, 2009

I could let these dreamkillers kill my self esteem or use the arrogance as the steam to follow my dream

Tekopo posted:

It's kind of sad that top competitive Divekick is just spamming the same move again and again :(

It's just the same two characters over and over again, too. This game sucks.

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

:marc:
I want to see this game at every major and one of the EVO headliners :allears:

getitoffgetitoff
Sep 24, 2007

by Ralp

Brett824 posted:

:rolleyes:

It's day 0 Divekick. You can bet the tiers will change after release. God, the community is so quick to dismiss games.

HKR
Jan 13, 2006

there is no universe where duke nukem would not be a trans ally

Brett824 posted:

Yes a game that isn't released to the public being played by tournament players who want to play it safe and thus go with the baseline characters.

Watch the Iron Galaxy monday stream for more character selection and better play.

Tekopo
Oct 24, 2008

When you see it, you'll shit yourself.

getitoffgetitoff posted:

:rolleyes:

It's day 0 Divekick. You can bet the tiers will change after release. God, the community is so quick to dismiss games.
Look it's pretty clear Dive is broken. Look at the matchups! Kick with the party starter doesn't stack up and everyone else has interesting gimmicks but lacks the fundementals.

Northwest!
Aug 9, 2008

Brett824 posted:

I can't stand watching Divekick anymore, it's just Chris G spamming kick and never losing. Someone really needs to figure out an answer to Dive, because this game is getting boring.

At least he isn't running the Hidden Footdive assist with Dr. Shoals

getitoffgetitoff
Sep 24, 2007

by Ralp

Tekopo posted:

Look it's pretty clear Dive is broken. Look at the matchups! Kick with the party starter doesn't stack up and everyone else has interesting gimmicks but lacks the fundementals.

Wow, seriously? Nobody in top 8 even TRIED playing Kung Pao, Redacted or Uncle Sensei. And you're really gonna claim Shoals doesn't have potential with her amazing movement? Begone, troll.

Shoobis
Nov 10, 2009
This isn't the final version of the game btw

cronox2
Jul 24, 2010

woah, you look
REALLY pissed off...
Friggin Chris G.

Brett824
Mar 30, 2009

I could let these dreamkillers kill my self esteem or use the arrogance as the steam to follow my dream
I wonder if they split...

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
Mike Ross places 4th, Chris G clowns everyone, 1st place prize is $895. Divekick is the one true fighting game.

getitoffgetitoff
Sep 24, 2007

by Ralp
Chris G wins

Double Bill
Jan 29, 2006

Great another ChrisG rent game.

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"
Fighting games are simple. A bunch of pot monsters fight in a tournament bracket for three days and at the end, ChrisG always wins.

getitoffgetitoff
Sep 24, 2007

by Ralp
I really do think Dr. Shoals is potential top tier. Honzo Gonzo looked really strong with her once he managed to get a head shot.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

AnonSpore posted:

Fighting games are simple. A bunch of pot monsters fight in a tournament bracket for three days and at the end, ChrisG always wins.

On dive kicks, on top of that.

EDIT 1 and 2:

First, that SoR2 trailer for Road to Evo was godly. Second, Combo and Mike Ross for SFxT is the best thing. SFxT isn't the best thing, but Combo/Ross is the best thing.

Dias fucked around with this message at 00:02 on Apr 28, 2013

getitoffgetitoff
Sep 24, 2007

by Ralp
ComboRoss on Spooky's stream. :getin:

edit: Chris G vs. Infiltration :ohdear:

getitoffgetitoff fucked around with this message at 00:12 on Apr 28, 2013

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"

getitoffgetitoff posted:

ComboRoss on Spooky's stream. :getin:

edit: Chris G vs. Infiltration :ohdear:

I needed some shades to shield my eyes against the blinding light of that blowup.

Human
Jun 9, 2004

REAL HUMAN. SAFE TO APPROACH.
I believe in you, Floe :unsmith:

fix yr hearts
Feb 9, 2011

things you cannot touch:
my heart
drat, Wolfkrone barely put up a fight against Justin there.

Neenski
Apr 22, 2006
Whoa, Infiltration finishing it off with a perfect.

HoneyBoy
Oct 12, 2012

get murked son
He just grabbed in between that EX Rekka.

I believe in Mike Ross. :allears:

Chacmool
Apr 12, 2007

HoneyBoy posted:

He just grabbed in between that EX Rekka.

I believe in Mike Ross. :allears:

I can't wait to see the gif of that grab and mike's reaction.

Redmark
Dec 11, 2012

This one's for you, Morph.
-Evo 2013
Apologyman is pretty legit. You'd think he's all gimmicks but his neutral game is solid.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
CJ being called the east OMG It's Andre is the best description I've ever heard.

Also, :lol: at "I believe Floe can finish the infi*drops mid sentence*

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
I think all of these Morridooms showing up out of nowhere are just adorable.

That level 3 on answer to point-blank swords was legit tho.

EDIT: when will JWong play a good team?

Dias fucked around with this message at 05:54 on Apr 28, 2013

Brett824
Mar 30, 2009

Justin kinda sucks.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Wong knocked to Losers in top 32, maybe this will finally convince him to start using good teams.

dorkasaurus_rex
Jun 10, 2005

gawrsh do you think any women will be there

I'm really happy to see Rattana take it over Justin Wong. Way to rep the Washington scene AND OGs, yo!

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
Floe and PR Rog have better Wolvie teams than Justin. Just copy those.

Brett824
Mar 30, 2009

Does anyone other than Magus call him "Ed"? It sounds so weird.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Jint works part-time as that training dummy for practices.

dorkasaurus_rex
Jun 10, 2005

gawrsh do you think any women will be there

Isn't PR Rog's Vergil fun?

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

dorkasaurus_rex posted:

Isn't PR Rog's Vergil fun?

It's a riot. Also, Vergil is still insanely effective as anchor, he hasn't settled down to a Wesker level yet - even if he's stronger than Wesk, to be fair.

itskage
Aug 26, 2003

Why doesn't Justin just switch out frank for Akuma on that team? Wolverine is good, Spencer is alright, and Akuma is a good anchor with a great assist for both of them and close enough to Frank's. But having a gimped Frank come out last is pretty drat silly.

I get that shopping cart is better than tatsu, but come on. That last spot is not a place for Frank.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

getitoffgetitoff
Sep 24, 2007

by Ralp

itskage posted:

Why doesn't Justin just switch out frank for Akuma on that team? Wolverine is good, Spencer is alright, and Akuma is a good anchor with a great assist for both of them and close enough to Frank's. But having a gimped Frank come out last is pretty drat silly.

I get that shopping cart is better than tatsu, but come on. That last spot is not a place for Frank.

If he gets his levels he's way better though.