Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Belzac
Mar 20, 2008

The third fracture I would do away with...I can't, sorry.

F R A C T U R E

elmer fud posted:

My PSN is Chickenzilla225.
Will we be able to download this at midnight?

No. PSN updates when PSN feels like it. I'd guess 12-8pm PST on tuesday as a general window when the game will go up on PSN.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain
So just buy it in stores then if I don't want to wait. Got it.

Belzac
Mar 20, 2008

F R A C T U R E

elmer fud posted:

So just buy it in stores then if I don't want to wait. Got it.

Thankfully it seems like every retail location has the game in stock right now and are just waiting for their registers to let them sell it. This means you can actually go preorder at your store of choice and know they'll have it for sale when they open on Tuesday. No waiting on ship dates/street dates etc.

Falcon2001
Oct 10, 2004

Eat your hamburgers, Apollo.
Pillbug
What were the preorder bonuses for the UK on PSN? I'm debating preordering on Amazon, but if the PSN has a better deal then gently caress it, going with that.

KillerQueen
Jul 13, 2010

So what does it mean to be marked as a scapegoat? I have a sigil that says I'm better at getting out of it, but I don't think it's been brought up ever.

Belzac
Mar 20, 2008

F R A C T U R E

Falcon2001 posted:

What were the preorder bonuses for the UK on PSN? I'm debating preordering on Amazon, but if the PSN has a better deal then gently caress it, going with that.

Same as everywhere, 3 starter spells, the 2 costumes, and the japanese VO pack.

KillerQueen posted:

So what does it mean to be marked as a scapegoat? I have a sigil that says I'm better at getting out of it, but I don't think it's been brought up ever.

It's a status effect that can be applied by enemies or by the Monsternip offering. It's like a taunt, all enemies will focus on you for as long as it's up. You can intentionally use it to tank or the game can throw you a tricky situation by applying it to you against your will. In the demo if you're hit by Orcs' spit or stand in the puddle their spit leaves behind then you have a chance to get inflicted with the ailment. I think there will be other situations where you can get inflicted by it, potentially even in boss encounters.

KillerQueen
Jul 13, 2010

I see. So if I infect myself with monsternip and have a sigil on that makes me recover from scapegoat faster, that would make the monsternip wear off faster?

Belzac
Mar 20, 2008

F R A C T U R E

KillerQueen posted:

I see. So if I infect myself with monsternip and have a sigil on that makes me recover from scapegoat faster, that would make the monsternip wear off faster?

In theory yes. I think the sigil is probably more for times when you really don't want Scapegoat at all, life if a bosses attack inflicted it and you want to get it off as fast as possible before the boss hunts you down.

KillerQueen
Jul 13, 2010

Belzac posted:

In theory yes. I think the sigil is probably more for times when you really don't want Scapegoat at all, life if a bosses attack inflicted it and you want to get it off as fast as possible before the boss hunts you down.

I getcha. I mostly ask about monsternip because I've got a pretty tanky dude and I wanted to know if it was secretly screwing over my monsternip consumption.

SalsaguyX
Mar 31, 2012
Preview of some of the upcoming free DLC.

Black rite Berserker uses your brain to summon a giant energy tornado sucking up and damaging enemies, however after you use it your brain is drained and you are no longer able to see which spells are in which slots.

From what I gathered, the Angelus black rite sacrifices bones to damage enemies and heal allies. The drawback is you are slowed and can't use the standard dodge anymore.

Here's a teaser for Ouroboros

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TeFhALo-uXg

Queue MvC2's I'm Gonna Take you for a Ride

SalsaguyX fucked around with this message at 21:55 on Apr 26, 2013

Belzac
Mar 20, 2008

F R A C T U R E

SalsaguyX posted:

Preview of some of the upcoming free DLC.

Black rite Berserker uses your brain to summon a giant energy tornado sucking up and damaging enemies, however after you use it your brain is drained and you are no longer able to see which spells are in which slots.

From what I gathered, the Angelus black rite sacrifices bones to damage enemies and heal allies. The drawback is you are slowed and can't use the standard dodge anymore.

Here's a teaser for Ouroboros

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TeFhALo-uXg

Queue MvC2's I'm Gonna Take you for a Ride

Wow, looks amazing. Those dates are for NA? What's the source on this?

verdigris murder
Jul 10, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
So if it predownloads onto my vita, I could just change the date and play offline for a few days?

Nondevor
Jun 1, 2011

catposting
Are there any other stone weapons besides Grave Clod? Cerberus is kicking my rear end right now, and my NPC allies aren't that strong.

Belzac
Mar 20, 2008

F R A C T U R E

Nondevor posted:

Are there any other stone weapons besides Grave Clod? Cerberus is kicking my rear end right now, and my NPC allies aren't that strong.

There's also a stone axe which I think is available from Divine rank on the last mission of single player.

verdigris murder
Jul 10, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Nodevor dude. There's a queue for questions just here, tbh it's pretty dispectful.

But let's not argue, as I'd win. Instead lets talk about the fun we're all having online. Because that's where it shines.

Belzac
Mar 20, 2008

F R A C T U R E

osietra posted:

Nodevor dude. There's a queue for questions just here, tbh it's pretty dispectful.

But let's not argue, as I'd win. Instead lets talk about the fun we're all having online. Because that's where it shines.

Sorry I didn't answer your question because I have no idea. NA still doesn't have a digital preorder site so if you're willing to try let us know. I'm sure EU people would be happy to find out.

verdigris murder
Jul 10, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
It's huge fun online, which is a serious first for the Vita.

nerdz
Oct 12, 2004

Complex, statistically improbable things are by their nature more difficult to explain than simple, statistically probable things.
Grimey Drawer

osietra posted:

So if it predownloads onto my vita, I could just change the date and play offline for a few days?

Probably not, since it's activated remotely via PSN, not by the internal clock.

verdigris murder
Jul 10, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
That makes no sense.

verdigris murder
Jul 10, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
PSN clock sounds like a nudge and a wink to me.

Emalde
May 3, 2007

Just a cage of bones, there's nothing inside.

SalsaguyX posted:

This owns, I'm glad there's a proper "Divine" right now. This will also give me a huge excuse to just bring feathers with me all the time. Who needs bones, I can just teleport everywhere!

Falcon2001
Oct 10, 2004

Pillbug

osietra posted:

That makes no sense.

Err, alright. Have fun trying it then, if you really think Sony just let a major loophole like that happen.

Annath
Jan 11, 2009

Batatouille is a great and funny play on words for a video game creature and I love silly words like these
Clever Betty

osietra posted:

PSN clock sounds like a nudge and a wink to me.

Really?

You're a dim bulb if you think adjusting the goddamn system clock to unlock content has ever worked for anything more sophisticated than early shareware screensavers.

SalsaguyX
Mar 31, 2012
If you ordered from Amazon I recommend you check your shipping info. Mine got pushed back from Tuesday to Thursday. Which I ain't having.

DrManiac
Feb 29, 2012

SalsaguyX posted:

If you ordered from Amazon I recommend you check your shipping info. Mine got pushed back from Tuesday to Thursday. Which I ain't having.

Mine is still showing up as Tuesday the 30th

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

SalsaguyX posted:

When did you order? They have a cutoff for release day shipping.

verdigris murder
Jul 10, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

Annath posted:

Really?

You're a dim bulb if you think adjusting the goddamn system clock to unlock content has ever worked for anything more sophisticated than early shareware screensavers.

Reset the router. Turned the PS3 off at the back, which actually made it whisper quiet. Unlike the standby mode, which still makes a whirring noise. Changed the date and time on my Vita, after turning the Internet switch off.

It didn't work, luckily my next door neighbour is a hacker. He hacked my Vita, and fooled it into thinking that since I'd already paid for a product, making me wait to enjoy said product is archiac corporate BS.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

osietra posted:

Reset the router. Turned the PS3 off at the back, which actually made it whisper quiet. Unlike the standby mode, which still makes a whirring noise. Changed the date and time on my Vita, after turning the Internet switch off.

It didn't work, luckily my next door neighbour is a hacker. He hacked my Vita, and fooled it into thinking that since I'd already paid for a product, making me wait to enjoy said product is archiac corporate BS.
Exactly! Who even needs release dates? Merely wishing for something to be released makes it so! Temper your will, osietra, so that you and your 1337 hacker friend can play Soul Sacrifice 27!

Belzac
Mar 20, 2008

F R A C T U R E

Norns posted:

When did you order? They have a cutoff for release day shipping.

He ordered around the same time I did which was about 2 months ago.

JetGrind
Apr 5, 2012

Tagging the streets and humming the bassline.

osietra posted:

I don't even want to get into how you're sitting here bragging about how you pirated a cool looking handheld game, because that's a completely different issue.

I just thought you might like to know I'm sitting here having a really good laugh at your incompetence. Sony updates every Tuesday on a "whenever we drat like it" schedule. Changing your system clock won't work because odds are they don't even start uploading the data until a couple of people have piled in Tuesday morning.

If your friend is really good at hacking your Vita though, I hope you have fun trying to play online at all. Sony is really good at catching that poo poo now, and will ban you the instant you try to play a single round.

EDIT: Unrelated to the rest of this post, since I preordered this game the day after the demo came out, could I be added to the list of folks with the game? My PSN id is Chias-The-Muffin

JetGrind fucked around with this message at 00:51 on Apr 28, 2013

Annath
Jan 11, 2009

Batatouille is a great and funny play on words for a video game creature and I love silly words like these
Clever Betty

osietra posted:

You're not a dim bulb, you're a loving moron, or a liar.

Enjoy your PSN ban, or not. I honestly don't care.

In other news, I'm glad I'm getting a physical cart from a store, I can pick it up at am when they open!

dontaht
Aug 4, 2007

Belzac posted:

He ordered around the same time I did which was about 2 months ago.

Ordered on Jan 31st and my shipping date is still the 30th. Maybe it's a distro problem?

Been playing a couple rounds everyday since the demo release and still unlocking things. I hope the full game has as much stuff.
I wish I could reliably solo Cerberus. Stormbird Pinion is literally ride the lightning.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Alright I missed it, but why would I sacrifice boss's? I know red levels are more important, but I don't see myself getting different rewards or anything.

Also while fighting Harpy I got a Time Sand spell, I didn't think that was in her drop pool?

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
Because you get boss only spells for sacrificing them.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Eej posted:

Strange, I haven't gotten a exclusive spell from it or at least I don't think I have. I have the soldiers embers and harpies AoE shriek attack.

Atoramos
Aug 31, 2003

Jim's now a Blind Cave Salamander!

Eej posted:

I don't think this is true. You get boss-only souls, LE or SE which are used in sigil-making. That seems to be the only benefit of not being sacrificed. Boss-only spells come from break-off points. The Jack-O-Lantern Soldier Roll, the Harpy Scream, and the Broken Spear Fragment

Atoramos fucked around with this message at 03:06 on Apr 28, 2013

Eirgen
Jan 29, 2010
You got it from the martyr rewards, which comes from either using Infernus or sacrificing an ally or be sacrificed yourself. Each fight has certain martyr rewards and the Avalon Pact harpy has time sand as one of them. As far as I know and tried, using Infernus and sacrificing an ally (or multiple for that matter), doesn't increase martyr rewards (at least in the demo).

For harpy, I just beat it down to red and intentionally get killed and ask to be sacrifice to get a shot at getting time sands.

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

Ah, it's out next week? Can hardly wait. Will have to grab it off PSN I think.

McDragon fucked around with this message at 15:52 on Apr 28, 2013

Falcon2001
Oct 10, 2004

Pillbug
Ugh. They still don't seem to have any preorder thing on PSN, and I have the day off work (it's the last day of my weekend) so I want to pick it up early, and was hoping to get it on preorder. Looks like I might end up doing a gamestop preorder for the first time ever if they offer the bonuses.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Belzac
Mar 20, 2008

F R A C T U R E

Falcon2001 posted:

Ugh. They still don't seem to have any preorder thing on PSN, and I have the day off work (it's the last day of my weekend) so I want to pick it up early, and was hoping to get it on preorder. Looks like I might end up doing a gamestop preorder for the first time ever if they offer the bonuses.

They do offer the bonuses, at least at my Gamestop. I'm a bit surprised though, they said they were getting 35 copies and they already had 25ish pre-orders.

• Locked thread