Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ben Davis
Apr 17, 2003

I'm as clumsy as I am beautiful

frenchnewwave posted:

I'm a little confused by my 5 month old. When she was about 3.5 months old, she would roll from front to back during tummy time. A few weeks later she tried rolling from back to front but wouldn't quite make it. Then she stopped rolling altogether and hasn't for about a month. Was the initial rolling just a fluke? I thought by now she'd be rolling all over the place.

Normal :) Mine did pretty much the same thing and then didn't roll in front of us for so so long. At least 2 months, I'd say, maybe more. I eventually caught him rolling on the video monitor and calmed down. Trollbabies!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bamzilla
Jan 13, 2005

All butt since 2012.

frenchnewwave posted:

I'm a little confused by my 5 month old. When she was about 3.5 months old, she would roll from front to back during tummy time. A few weeks later she tried rolling from back to front but wouldn't quite make it. Then she stopped rolling altogether and hasn't for about a month. Was the initial rolling just a fluke? I thought by now she'd be rolling all over the place.

She may just not want to. My daughter tried rolling a few times and never really did do it "properly". She hit other milestones just fine though and even walked a little early.

iwik
Oct 12, 2007

Alterian posted:

I have a month until we're going to start getting Jasper to sleep in his crib instead of the co-sleeper next to our bed. :cry:

We put him in his crib occasionally now if we need to set him somewhere for a few minutes and he's taken a couple of naps in it. The big issue is he's really good at getting a leg/arm stuck through the slats. I've been reading conflicting things about bumpers. Some say they're ok, some say they aren't ok, some say the breathable ones are ok, but not to use them when they can sit on their own. He's already half sitting on his own now and I imagine he'll be a lot better at it in a month from now. I'm already planning to lower the crib when he's in it for good, but I'm not sure what to do about the bumper.

I use an AirWrap on our cot because Soren used to do the same thing. I think the problem we had with him was that he liked to rest his feet on the rails and one would slip through, because now he rests them on the mesh between.

Also Bamzilla - Soren did the cutting teeth, crawling, sitting and now pulling up all at the same time too. Little brains in overdrive.

bilabial trill
Dec 25, 2008

not just a B

Brennanite posted:

When do you start really disciplining your kids, like in the sense of timeouts. My son is 20 months old and I'm not always sure how to respond when he pushes boundaries. For example, this morning he was told not to touch the TV (like every morning), so he grabbed his snack and threw it at the TV.

My kid will be three in August and we don't do timeouts yet. I try to redirect him if possible, ignore if possible, or calmly take away whatever item he is throwing (the calm part can be hard sometimes, kid can really try my patience). If he's getting dangerously close to a meltdown I'll remove him from the situation and try to calm him down. So more like a "time-in" really. My kid is relatively mellow I think, some kids are harder to redirect etc.

Eglamore
Apr 19, 2005

Walker told me I have AIDS.
We use one of these calming bottles to redirect our son, who is around the same age. It seems to work fairly well for just kind of getting them to slow down. You just let them watch until the glitter is mostly settled. If they want to throw it, it just makes it take longer, but that doesn't happen very often. We made two of them, and the only problem is he now insists that we have to use both of them.

It's certainly not perfect, but he's still a bit young to really understand consequences and what have you.

Krypt-OOO-Nite!!
Oct 25, 2010

Brennanite posted:

When do you start really disciplining your kids, like in the sense of timeouts. My son is 20 months old and I'm not always sure how to respond when he pushes boundaries. For example, this morning he was told not to touch the TV (like every morning), so he grabbed his snack and threw it at the TV.

At that age I would say a firm telling off should be enough especially with something like that.
Then followed by the whole don't do that again,lets be friends now.
I think time-outs at under two would just cause more fuss than it would solve.

Acrolos
Mar 29, 2004

A huge concern just randomly popped into my life, and I'm hoping for some feedback.

My step-mother, who is going to keep my child for a few days a week, just texted me with the following...

"I had a bump drained on my neck Sunday, it tested positive for MRSA. I asked the Doctor if I was contagious and she said no as long as it is closed up or covered. It's almost completely gone today. Just wanted you to know, I didn't want to be around Abby if there was a chance she could get it. The doctor said she would be fine to be around me."

Now, I have a couple big concerns. First, she planned on keeping her this Sunday to take to church with her. Second, she will be keeping her regularly (at least two days a week) starting in June.

Her doctor says it's ok, and we're awaiting a call from our pediatrician, but I am personally terrified. My baby hasn't had any shots so far, not that they would help against MRSA anyway. She's only 7 weeks old.

Does anyone have any thoughts or experience with a situation like this? From my understanding, once you've had it, you're a carrier for life...but I know very little other than the varying thoughts I've seen online. I pretty much told my wife that I don't want her around my baby, ever. I know this isn't possible, but I am absolutely terrified at this point.

Acrolos fucked around with this message at 20:51 on Apr 25, 2013

Lyz
May 22, 2007

I AM A GIRL ON WOW GIVE ME ITAMS
I asked my pediatrician the same question, because my Dad has had MRSA in the past, and he pretty much said the same thing - as long as they don't currently have any open sores they're fine to be around the baby.

Marchegiana
Jan 31, 2006

. . . Bitch.
It's impossible to avoid MRSA these days, sad but true. MRSA is nasty only in the respect that it's more difficult to treat an active infection due to the methicillin resistance that makes up the MR in the name. Everyone has staph aureus bacteria on their skin, and for most people it never affects them. MRSA is just a stronger strain of the germs we all know and carry with us throughout our lives. There's no reason to cut off your step mom for life as long as she doesn't have any open sores from the MRSA. Did you know that over 90% of all health care workers are colonized with MRSA these days? If you cut off your step mom from seeing the baby you may as well cut off your pediatrician as well.

Acrolos
Mar 29, 2004

Thanks for the responses. We got a call back from our pediatrician and she said that it would be ok to be around her this Saturday (on a visit to a family members house that I forgot about), but that she would recommend her not touching the baby until the antibiotic treatment is completely finished and the wound is fully healed.

That, along with the responses from the two of you, makes me feel a lot better.

RGBRIOT
Apr 19, 2009

"Beauty, packaged for a digital world."
:siren: EPW's permission was given to make this post. :siren:

Hey everyone, a fellow SA member and I are working on a free baby tracker app and we'd love some help. We're each new to fatherhood, and have been designing our app to address all the most critical aspects of raising a child. However since he and I (and our SO's) are new to being parents, we are fairly certain that we've got to be missing things. That's where I'd love for you to come in.

There's a lot of aspects to parenting* and we can't possibly account for them all. But we'd like to make sure that we are at least addressing the more common one's such as meals or changings. So, in your opinion what are the routines/activities a good baby tracking app would absolutely cover?

I really appreciate any help received. Wuhao and I really want to make this app even more helpful to others than it was to us. And I really think through discussion with folks in this thread, we can do that.

* - I have several questions about those aspects which I would love to address as well, but to keep this post reasonably short and on track I'll come back to them at another time.

RGBRIOT fucked around with this message at 21:02 on Apr 26, 2013

bilabial trill
Dec 25, 2008

not just a B

RGBRIOT posted:

Hey everyone, a fellow SA member and I are working on a free baby tracker app and we'd love some help. We're each new to fatherhood, and have been designing our app to address all the most critical aspects of raising a child. However since he and I (and our SO's) are new to being parents, we are fairly certain that we've got to be missing things. That's where I'd love for you to come in.

There's a lot of aspects to parenting* and we can't possibly account for them all. But we'd like to make sure that we are at least addressing the more common one's such as meals or changings. So, in your opinion what are the routines/activities a good baby tracking app would absolutely cover?

I really appreciate any help received. Wuhao and I really want to make this app even more helpful to others than it was to us. And I really think through discussion with folks in this thread, we can do that.

* - I have several questions about those aspects which I would love to address as well, but to keep this post reasonably short and on track I'll come back to them at another time.

Feedings (with the possibility to record which boob I've used), diapers. Tracking sleep is useful too. Maybe an "other" category to record miscellaneous things like baths, medicine, etc.

Edit: for diapers, the option to specify when there's poop.

bilabial trill fucked around with this message at 21:28 on Apr 26, 2013

Hot Dog Day #82
Jul 5, 2003

Soiled Meat
I'd also like a price tracker so I can cry at the amount of money it costs to feed my twins their formula :(

Fionnoula
May 27, 2010

Ow, quit.

rectal cushion posted:

Feedings (with the possibility to record which boob I've used), diapers. Tracking sleep is useful too. Maybe an "other" category to record miscellaneous things like baths, medicine, etc.

For bottle feeders, the feeding thing would be good if you could add how many ccs or ounces they had at each feeding. Medicines would be great to track, sometimes you get so low on sleep that you can't remember the last time you dosed.

For extended use, it would be great to add a potty training function. I tracked potty training stuff with pen and paper but I was using my phone as a timer for it and would have loved to have it just be all in one.
Before potty training started, I somewhat loosely tracked when he needed diaper changes to give me an idea of the timing for potty breaks. Then once I started training, I tracked:

What time for potty break. In each potty break, if there was urine, BM, or no production (didn't go)
Accident times (so I could fine tune when to get him to the bathroom better in the future)
Once I started seeing a pattern, I started tracking when he was having drinks and it explained the outliers in the pattern.
Perhaps a dry-pants check tracker? I never tracked those, but some people might like it.

shadysight
Mar 31, 2007

Only slightly crazy

RGBRIOT posted:

This might be a little tangential, but if I could have only one thing, I'd love an app that lets me set up a check list of things for getting out the door that I can set up and then pull up and check items off of each time. Getting out the door with his diaper roll, snacks, drink, spare set of cloths, toy and on and on is a little bit of work on it's own.

I like being able to physically check boxes when I haven't gotten enough sleep and writing or printing one our each time is inefficient.

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005
Sleep tracking: when did he go down, when did he get up, with places to enter how he went down (nursed, rocked, etc), where he went down (crib, carseat, parents' bed), and a miscellaneous column for what activities lead up to the sleep (e.g. bath 20 minutes before, 2 books read after bath).

Axiem
Oct 19, 2005

I want to leave my mind blank, but I'm terrified of what will happen if I do

RGBRIOT posted:

Hey everyone, a fellow SA member and I are working on a free baby tracker app and we'd love some help.

The app my wife and I have been using is Total Baby, which probably should help give you a good base of things to have in there.

Something I think would be nice for it to have might be a "development tracker" sort of thing. You know, like all of those "At 7 months, your baby can now do calculus!" things, and maybe a way of checkboxing, so you can kinda see when your baby started doing some of the more minor steps.

frenchnewwave
Jun 7, 2012

Would you like a Cuppa?

Axiem posted:

The app my wife and I have been using is Total Baby, which probably should help give you a good base of things to have in there.

Something I think would be nice for it to have might be a "development tracker" sort of thing. You know, like all of those "At 7 months, your baby can now do calculus!" things, and maybe a way of checkboxing, so you can kinda see when your baby started doing some of the more minor steps.

I was going to suggest something like this as well. I always mean to record the precise date she did [insert milestone here, such as first smile or first roll] but it's usually at some super random moment and by the time I sit down to write in the baby book I can't remember if it happened yesterday or last week or last month. But I always have my phone with me so I could record it in the app in the moment or at least at night when I get 2 minutes to myself.

Did anyone mention a shopping list? A few times I've forgotten that we were low on diapers until we only had a couple left. And she has been growing so quickly that she needs new onesies often. Maybe a checklist of standard items that most parents go through on a weekly or monthly basis. Baby wipes, diapers, shampoo, onesies, socks, lotion, formula if not nursing, storage bags if pumping, etc.

Gounads
Mar 13, 2013

Where am I?
How did I get here?
Integration with a web service would be good, especially if I could let other care-takers view and enter info either on their phones or a computer. A "who did it" part to recording the data would be great. I can imagine my wife saying something like "I've changed 84% of the poopy diapers, this one's yours."

Check out Baby ESP, it was what we used and tracked most of what we wanted. The UI was just annoying to use.

Wuhao
Apr 22, 2002

Pimpin' Lenin
Thanks for the feedback, y'all. I'm the other half of the team. Our app is called Becuddle (which you can see at becuddle.com). Right now we're iPhone only, but we're working on getting some other platforms up. We actually have a TON of what you're talking about. We do bottle tracking, nap tracking, we sync in the cloud with other caregivers... We also have some neat stuff to see at a glance what the patterns are in your kids' feeding, sleeping and diapers, and get a weekly breakdown of how many diapers and how much formula you go through. We're working on some extensions to add in freeform notes for everything so you can record stuff like whether a baby needed to be rocked.

Basically, we both looked at stuff like Total Baby and thought it was a great concept, but the UI was awful. My wife balked when she saw one of the apps out there and said there's no way to use it at 3AM -- so we spent a ton of time making a UI simple enough that you can work it if half your braincells are still asleep.

I LOVE the idea for a shopping list and an out-the-door checklist. I totally want to build that.

Another idea we've toyed with is a sort of weekly e-mail giving you a breakdown of what happened and who did how much work. If you ever played Goldeneye for Nintendo 64, you kind of know what we have in mind -- fun little call-outs recognizing that Dad changed almost all the poopy diapers this week, or Mom took all the 3am wake-ups. For those of us with relatives who jump in, it gets a little interesting to see what adventures the non-parents got into. Do you think you guys would want something like that?

Axiem
Oct 19, 2005

I want to leave my mind blank, but I'm terrified of what will happen if I do
Honestly, at the moment, the only thing my wife uses it for is to track feedings--and really, not even for the historical perspective any more than to see how many there were yesterday so she can complain to me about it.

At a certain point, you also want to make the important stuff easy and simple, and I'd say feedings is pretty high up there.

kirsty
Apr 24, 2007
Too lazy and too broke
I always had a list of random minor things that I'd want to ask the kid's doctor, so maybe a checklist of typical medical/ developmental questions would be useful.

RGBRIOT
Apr 19, 2009

"Beauty, packaged for a digital world."
Wow, so many great replies in such a short amount of time! I figured I'd need to wait a day or two before even getting half this amount. Your responses are great and I very much appreciate the time each of you took to reply to me.

rectal cushion posted:

Baths! How could we of missed baths? This is exactly why I wanted to engage you all so bad about our project. First reply, and we're already pluggin' gaps. Thanks :)

Fionnoula posted:

For extended use, it would be great to add a potty training function. I tracked potty training stuff with pen and paper but I was using my phone as a timer for it and would have loved to have it just be all in one.
Before potty training started, I somewhat loosely tracked when he needed diaper changes to give me an idea of the timing for potty breaks. Then once I started training, I tracked:

What time for potty break. In each potty break, if there was urine, BM, or no production (didn't go)
Accident times (so I could fine tune when to get him to the bathroom better in the future)
Once I started seeing a pattern, I started tracking when he was having drinks and it explained the outliers in the pattern.
Perhaps a dry-pants check tracker? I never tracked those, but some people might like it.

I love this idea. Implementation would be so easy to do too. Thanks!

shadysight posted:

This might be a little tangential, but if I could have only one thing, I'd love an app that lets me set up a check list of things for getting out the door that I can set up and then pull up and check items off of each time. Getting out the door with his diaper roll, snacks, drink, spare set of cloths, toy and on and on is a little bit of work on it's own.

I like being able to physically check boxes when I haven't gotten enough sleep and writing or printing one our each time is inefficient.

While yes we are technically just a baby tracking app, we're looking at it from the perspective of helping parents 'do, and do more'. This is definitely an idea worth considering and any thing else along these lines would definitely be appreciated too. Thank you.

Axiem posted:

Yeah we did look into competitors, but not in any great depth. We wanted to make sure we were delivering a product that was unique, not a rehash of some one else's app. But all the same, now that we have put our app out, it can't hurt to go back and reconsider some other apps and see who does what better. Thanks for the tip on who to more closely consider.

frenchnewwave posted:

Did anyone mention a shopping list? A few times I've forgotten that we were low on diapers until we only had a couple left. And she has been growing so quickly that she needs new onesies often. Maybe a checklist of standard items that most parents go through on a weekly or monthly basis. Baby wipes, diapers, shampoo, onesies, socks, lotion, formula if not nursing, storage bags if pumping, etc.

Nope no mention of a shopping list before now...and I dig it. I'm not sure if it would be more beneficial to design such a feature from a 'what we need' point of view, or a 'what we have' point of view.

What do you think?

Gounads posted:

Integration with a web service would be good, especially if I could let other care-takers view and enter info either on their phones or a computer.

Check out Baby ESP, it was what we used and tracked most of what we wanted. The UI was just annoying to use.

I'll take this under advisement when I revisit some of our other competitors. We do plan to offer web and android options at a later date. But right now we're focusing on getting this one right.

I know we track who did what already, but a way to see a break down of that for comparative reasons...nice. I imagine something like this would be pretty straight forward to achieve. Thanks!

Axiem posted:

At a certain point, you also want to make the important stuff easy and simple, and I'd say feedings is pretty high up there.

It is definitely a priority. I'd say feeding shares equal footing in our app with changing, sleeping, and pumping. (The top 4 activities)

There were more replies, and I want you all to know I appreciate the feedback. If I didn't reply to you directly, it's because we have already built in functionality for what you spoke of. If any one else has any suggestions we'd love to hear them.

I'll be back later to pick your brains again, but for now Wuhao and I have plenty to discuss based off of what has been said so far. Again much appreciated every one.

Fionnoula
May 27, 2010

Ow, quit.

kirsty posted:

I always had a list of random minor things that I'd want to ask the kid's doctor, so maybe a checklist of typical medical/ developmental questions would be useful.

YES. I ended up using a notepad app on my phone to write down questions for the doctors, because I'd have this long list of stuff I wanted to bring up and then I'd get in there and not be able to remember any of it. A checklist would be good, but also would need to have a memo function so you could add your own weird things.

skullamity
Nov 9, 2004

I would like the ability to select which of hose functions are enabled/disabled so that I don't have to deal with specific ones that are of no use to me, and then have the ones that are disabled not clutter everything up.

When babies are really new, tracking diaper changes are necessary, but my kid is 8.5 months old and I just can't be arsed. I had similar issues with aps I tried out when we first brought her home; I needed the app to track diaper changes and feedings, but had to jumble through all sorts of breast-feeding specific things (how long on each side, pumping timer, etc.) despite her being formula-fed. As a result, the app was cluttered, confusing and I had to wade through a pile of junk I didn't need to get to the few features I did want, and I resorted to just using a pen and a notepad because it was less frustrating overall.

bamzilla
Jan 13, 2005

All butt since 2012.

I'll be honest I never used those apps past 2 months.

bilabial trill
Dec 25, 2008

not just a B

bamzilla posted:

I'll be honest I never used those apps past 2 months.

Yeah. My daughter is ten weeks now and I'm about ready to stop tracking diapers and feeding (I'm using baby esp and the only reason I'm still bothering is because I'm ocd and like seeing the stats :science:). I'll probably use the sleep tracking for a bit soon to figure out how many naps etc she needs) - but I don't expect to be doing it very long.

shadysight
Mar 31, 2007

Only slightly crazy
If you guys do end up including check lists, it might be good to have one of things to try when they're upset too. Aside for various redirections to try, once mine started forming a personality and opinions, I occasionally have spent half an hour trying various things because I think the kid is bored or annoyed with this that and the other only to realize the problem is that he has a full diaper :doh:

Not sure how useful that would be to anyone else.

As a personal question, when did people start taking their kid to the dentist? I just got a flyer in the mail saying that kids should start at 1 year, but I'm fairly certain that dentists that send me a flyers in the mail are not an unbiased source on information on that.

bilabial trill
Dec 25, 2008

not just a B
Over here (Norway) they start regular dentist check ups when the kid turns three. We had to take my son in earlier because he knocked off a piece of his front tooth :gonk:

ghost story
Sep 10, 2005
Boo.
I asked my dentist when we should start and he said 3 too. Not sure why some baby books said 1 (also not sure why the Babycenter app said you're supposed to get their vision checked out by a specialist at 9 months? My ped said more like 4-5 and that is if there is any issues). Also check with your dental insurance, if you have it - our policy starts her coverage when she turns 3.

bilabial trill
Dec 25, 2008

not just a B

ghost story posted:

I asked my dentist when we should start and he said 3 too. Not sure why some baby books said 1 (also not sure why the Babycenter app said you're supposed to get their vision checked out by a specialist at 9 months? My ped said more like 4-5 and that is if there is any issues). Also check with your dental insurance, if you have it - our policy starts her coverage when she turns 3.

We took our son to have his eyes checked when he was ten months but that was because we have TONS of eye issues in my family and I suspected strabismus (turned out his eyes are fine, yay). But yeah, no need to see an eye specialist that early unless you or the primary doctor) suspect a problem.

Fionnoula
May 27, 2010

Ow, quit.
My son started going to the dentist at 15 months because his syndrome carries with it risk of severe dental issues and we wanted to have as good a picture as possible about what we were looking at long term and develop a plan if necessary. If he were typically developing, we probably wouldn't have taken him until around 3.

VorpalBunny
May 1, 2009

Killer Rabbit of Caerbannog
We started taking our toddler to the dentist at 1-year old. Mostly to get him used to the process, to get free toothbrushes, to get advice (we give our kid liquid vitamins that were staining his teeth) and to make sure we liked the practice in case we needed them in an emergency. Our insurance covered it completely, and he is very well-behaved in the chair, so it has worked out well.

Every other parent I've met hasn't taken their toddlers to the dentist yet. They think I'm nuts for doing it so early. :shrug:

skeetied
Mar 10, 2011
The American Dental Association and the AAP both say a first visit at roughly one year old.

AlistairCookie
Apr 1, 2010

I am a Dinosaur
I took Tim this past summer at 4. I asked the dentist if he wanted to see Liam, 16 months at the time, and he laughed and said he supposed he could count his teeth as he was screaming. I mentioned that the recommendations are to start at one and he said he was well aware and thought that unless there was an actual problem, it was highly impractical to take anyone under 3, as they can't really cooperate much and all he does is count teeth and talk about early brushing to the parent anyway.

Made sense to me. Tim loves the dentist, and cooperated super well considering it was his first visit and all. Couldn't wait to go back. Oh Tim. Young, naive Tim with brand new teeth. Come talk to Mommy in twenty years when you realize you got the short end of the stick with regards to teeth genetics.

Edit: PS... We had Tim Drama yesterday. He fell down our hardwood steps face first. From the top. As he lay at the bottom, screaming, he told me his face hit every step. Surprisingly, he only has a faint bluing on his forehead and is no worse for the wear. I, OTOH, sprouted at least a dozen new grey hairs on the spot and did not, in fact, need to put on that second pot of coffee anymore, thankyouverymuch, I was super awake after all. Don't y'all love it when your kids just about give you a heart attack? :aaa:

AlistairCookie fucked around with this message at 01:12 on Apr 29, 2013

frenchnewwave
Jun 7, 2012

Would you like a Cuppa?
Those of you with infants or who can remember the first year, do you buy into the Wonder Weeks thing? According to it, Vivian is in a WW stage that will last another 17 days. She has been clingy, fussy, and sleep is just a joke. Part of me thinks WW is just bullshit but the other part hopes that in 17 days she'll sleep through the night again.

iwik
Oct 12, 2007
Yeah, I do. Normally he's a pretty good baby, but every time he turns into a little horror for a while it's normally coinciding with him being at one of the wonder week age stages. And it's normally something to do with what they say is the issue.

I don't use it as a hard and fast rule, but it's interesting nonetheless to compare and contrast what they say is happening to his little mind/body and what he is doing.

SassySally
Dec 11, 2010
So my 7 month old Ben has not slept for more than an hour at a time for the past 2-2.5 weeks. Well, I should say he won't sleep for more than an hour without cuddles. If we're holding or cuddling him in some way he's fine, but put him in the crib or playpen and he's up. He does have a tooth that broke through (his first) and he's recently learned to pull to standing, walk along the furniture, and crawl instead of scoot, but I didn't think that would mess up his sleep for so long. He naps 2-3 times during the day for 30-60 minutes each and then I take him to bed at 10. He's usually in his crib by 11 and then he wakes up 6-8 times before 6-7AM. I would really love to sleep longer than an hour myself- any suggestions?

Ben Davis
Apr 17, 2003

I'm as clumsy as I am beautiful
That's horrible! All the milestones do mess up sleep :( Does he have a lovey or a sleep sheep or seahorse in his crib? Anything to snuggle or turn on by himself when he wakes up might help, especially if it smells like you or he holds it while nursing or drinking milk. My other thought is that he might still be having pain with his tooth--even after they cut through the gum, it hurts as they push up. Maybe try a dose of tylenol before nap or bed and see if it makes a difference?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

skeetied
Mar 10, 2011
He seems like he's getting way too little sleep. Seven month olds generally nap for at least an hour three times per day and go to bed a lot earlier than 10 pm. While it definitely sounds like developmental milestones and teething are messing up the works, it might be worth doing whatever it takes to get him some good sleep, whether it be a walk or a car ride or wearing him. Sleep does beget sleep.