Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Joramun
Dec 1, 2011

No man has need of candles when the Sun awaits him.

IRQ posted:

I knew I could bring you to the dark side. :unsmigghh:

Actually, breaking free from shackles of the babby thread and transitioning to the Bad Thread would be more like going from this:

to this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jYpcFHtxm60

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Urdnot Fire
Feb 13, 2012

Seriously. While people in the spoiler thread have compared us to the Wildlings, they're losing focus on the real threat. Someone needs to be their Davos and warn them about the Shite Talkers of the babby thread.

Krinkle
Feb 9, 2003

Ah do believe Ah've got the vapors...
Ah mean the farts

How far into the book is the season going to reach? I think they can get through both weddings in time. They happen back to back, I thought, and there's an episode after "rains of castamere". It would be dumb to leave the second half of that to the beginning of the next season, but nobody agrees with me. "Mysha" doesn't seem to evoke any obvious meaning to me so I don't know what the last episode is going to entail.

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

It's not that kind of test.

Krinkle posted:

How far into the book is the season going to reach? I think they can get through both weddings in time. They happen back to back, I thought, and there's an episode after "rains of castamere". It would be dumb to leave the second half of that to the beginning of the next season, but nobody agrees with me. "Mysha" doesn't seem to evoke any obvious meaning to me so I don't know what the last episode is going to entail.

GoT wiki posted:

"Mhysa" is a word from the Low Valyrian language spoken in Slaver's Bay, deriving from the older Ghiscari language, which means "Mother".

:pseudo:

Zombie mother? Mother of dragons? Mother of the dead king Jaffrei? Who can say?!

Star War Sex Parrot
Oct 2, 2003

Krinkle posted:

"Mysha" doesn't seem to evoke any obvious meaning to me so I don't know what the last episode is going to entail.
I'm pretty sure it's just the Yunkai poo poo.

SaviourX
Sep 30, 2003

The only true Catwoman is Julie Newmar, Lee Meriwether, or Eartha Kitt.

stawk Archer posted:

If there was some sort of objectivist/marxist/whateverbullshit-ist lean to these books, then I wouldn't read them.

Do you know who Terry Goodkind is? He's kind of a big deal mostly to himself.
Most modern fantasy is all about horrible lovely people being terrible, too! Thanks Grum!

Also, politics/philosophy in my speculative fiction, why I never.

e: Also, this is a wonderful thing -
http://specialbored.tumblr.com/post/46842699110

SaviourX fucked around with this message at 20:53 on Apr 27, 2013

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Krinkle posted:

Joffrey is not dying in season 3, jesus loving christ.

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

If you think that, along the way, you're not going to fail... you're blind.

There's no one I've ever met, no matter how successful they are, who hasn't said they had their failures along the way.

Joff's death is going to be the penultimate episode of season four, it is the most known it could possibly be.

Krinkle
Feb 9, 2003

Ah mean the farts

Blade_of_tyshalle posted:

Joff's death is going to be the penultimate episode of season four, it is the most known it could possibly be.

How the gently caress are they going to put the entire second loving half of the book within one goddamned episode if they do that? Sansa has to escape. The dorne people show up. There's a trial. There's a trial by combat when that poo poo falls apart. There's screaming in the basement as the mountain slowly dies. Tywin has to die. Tyrion has to escape in a barrel.

Joff dies immediately after rob does. The blood leeches are tossed on the fire at the same time. He barely has time to loving gloat before he dies. Oh wait he has to give sansa away to tyrion first, I forgot. Joff will die in like the third episode season four then.

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

There's no one I've ever met, no matter how successful they are, who hasn't said they had their failures along the way.

I'm not sure why you think the seasons will correlate precisely to the books. They can do whatever they like, they do it already.

nuncle jimbo
Apr 3, 2009

:pcgaming:
My guess is Robb dies episode 9, then Joffrey gets it in ep 10 so everyone doesn't go 'gently caress this, I'm out'

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

nuncle jimbo posted:

My guess is Robb dies episode 9, then Joffrey gets it in ep 10 so everyone doesn't go 'gently caress this, I'm out'

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

Rarity posted:

qt4e

They will push Joff's death back to season four for sure, just because it's way better drama to have people agonizing for the whole year between seasons about how hosed everything is now. If they followed the Red Wedding up with Joff's death, that would be what loses audience. Sure, maybe they'll do it in like episode three or four, like Renly, but they sure as poo poo won't do it this year.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

Rarity posted:

Listen to Rarity, you fuckstick shitdick pear shaped fuckers of nuncles.

Sansa/Tyrion and lots of Bran/Jon/Arya/Dany/Brienne/Jaime poo poo happens before Joffrey dies in season loving christshitting 4.

There will also be new scenes of Cersei, LF, whores, Varys, whores, Samwise, whores, Tywin, whores, and the whole loving Oberyn Martell thing.

Settle your manbosoms and listen to Rarity.

rejutka
May 28, 2004

by zen death robot
gently caress Yawphri where's the Belwas they call Strong?

bigmcgaffney
Apr 19, 2009

Star War Sex Parrot posted:

I'm pretty sure it's just the Yunkai poo poo.

The Yunkai poo poo was cut with Strong Belwas, no one else can drop such a glorious deuce

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Joffrey will die around the middle of season 4, I reckon. There's a bunch of stuff that needs to happen after he dies, and they can bring some Feast stuff in too.
It'd also play with the viewers expectations that the huge event will happen in episode 9.

Woodpile
Mar 30, 2013
Whatever the show runners decide with offing Joff, they better get a move on with the series. Chop-chop, fellas. GRRM is coming on like a freight train. A quarter through TWOW as of last month and chug chug chugging along.

Injun Greenberg
Sep 14, 2011
Episode 9 of season 4 will be the Red Viper/Mountain fight. Joffrey dying will be episode 4. It is known.

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

The Boeing 737-200QC is the undisputed workhorse of the skies.

AtAt-de-fay posted:

Whatever the show runners decide with offing Joff, they better get a move on with the series. Chop-chop, fellas. GRRM is coming on like a freight train. A quarter through TWOW as of last month and chug chug chugging along.

The fat engine that couldn't (write)

nuncle jimbo
Apr 3, 2009

:pcgaming:

Rarity posted:

well excuuuuse me mr showrunner

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

rejutka
May 28, 2004

by zen death robot
That is a very large picture indeed.

Trabandiumium
Feb 20, 2010

jimbo why?

Talas
Aug 27, 2005

He's looking straight to my soul... no, I don't have any favorite character! I swear! :ohdear:

stawk Archer
Jun 19, 2004

by angerbot
He looks like he's got at least twenty good years left in him.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Until he visits the set and lays eyes on Sansa's young actress.
Then he'll look like he's about to croak, probably.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

Talas posted:

He's looking straight to my soul... no, I don't have any favorite character! I swear! :ohdear:

Mine is Daenerys. Please GRRM, don't kill my favorite character.

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

I've lost twice, I've failed twice and I've gotten two dishonorable mentions within 7 weeks. But I keep coming back. I am The Trooper!

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

I think I know what wallpaper I'm putting on my work computer.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

bigmcgaffney
Apr 19, 2009
Gurm-alikes are my favorite real-world phenomenon

Krinkle
Feb 9, 2003

Ah mean the farts

From the TV thread:

Jamesman posted:

In fact I'll be very disappointed if this doesn't actually happen. Are the books finished? Can I tell that Martin guy to put this in there?

Ahahaha does telling him about George's impending cheeseburger pizza and football loss related coronary, and his will stipulations to burn his manuscripts and notes upon his death, and the fact that none of this poo poo is going to be resolved, ever, count as spoilers? I wouldn't want to ruin the surprise.

rejutka
May 28, 2004

by zen death robot
I thought Brienne punching out dragons was a good idea.

SaviourX
Sep 30, 2003

The only true Catwoman is Julie Newmar, Lee Meriwether, or Eartha Kitt.

I know everyone will be full of show excitement tonight, but I've got something else set for your quivering labia, too!

E: Post it in a few days after the eptalk.

SaviourX fucked around with this message at 02:10 on Apr 29, 2013

Krinkle
Feb 9, 2003

Ah mean the farts

Since show-Danerys didn't trip out on blue juice in the house of the undying and show the scene, I was hoping Jamie would at least say that line about "let him be king of ashes" but nope. Oh well it was just my favorite line in the drat book whatever.

Sophia
Apr 16, 2003

The heart wants what the heart wants.
Varys already used it last week when talking about Littlefinger, though. He'd burn down Westeros if he could be king of the ashes, or something to that effect.

Krinkle
Feb 9, 2003

Ah mean the farts

I meant the charred bone and cooked meat parts too.

This episode is overwriting my previous memories, who was Cersei supposed to marry before Tywin got got and she didn't have anyone controlling her anymore? Unnamed lord to be announced later?

In It For The Tank
Feb 17, 2011

But I've yet to figure out a better way to spend my time.

Krinkle posted:

I meant the charred bone and cooked meat parts too.

This episode is overwriting my previous memories, who was Cersei supposed to marry before Tywin got got and she didn't have anyone controlling her anymore? Unnamed lord to be announced later?

Tywin suggests Willas Tyrell (Loras' eldest brother), Theon Greyjoy (lol), or Oberyn Martell.

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012
I'm guessing HBO is going to go the full distance on the 2 seasons a book, but have they addressed how they're going to handle AFFC/ADWD? I expect them to combine everything and have it run concurrently for 4 straight seasons rather then have more then half the cast take a break for 2 seasons and then switch it.

I'm just waiting for the inevitable TV series ending being written by someone else because GRRM can't finish the series.

Star War Sex Parrot
Oct 2, 2003

pentyne posted:

I'm guessing HBO is going to go the full distance on the 2 seasons a book
You're wrong.

pentyne posted:

I expect them to combine everything and have it run concurrently for 4 straight seasons rather then have more then half the cast take a break for 2 seasons and then switch it.
AFFC+ADWD is not 4 seasons of material.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Krinkle
Feb 9, 2003

Ah mean the farts

Star War Sex Parrot posted:

You're wrong.

AFFC+ADWD is not 4 seasons of material.

Have you seen a maid, of three and ten would be a full season right there