Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Slab Squatthrust
Jun 3, 2008

This is mutiny!
This site has everything in hover text, probably the easiest one to browse I've found so far. Can toggle from rebels to imps.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pbpancho
Feb 17, 2004
-=International Sales=-
Well, I flew 3x Slave-1 in my first ever tournament Saturday, and ended up taking 2nd place, going 3-1. First game was against an identical list, and it came down to dice. 2nd was against an A-Wing, Y-Wing, and Falcon, and I nuked the A-Wing before it ever got a shot off. All three Firesprays were alive at the end. Third round was 3x TIE (one Howlrunner) and 3x TIE/Int, and while I dropped two Interceptors and a TIE before I lost a Firespray, he ended up dodging out of my arcs enough JUST edge me out.

Final round I faced Wedge, Biggs, and Chewy in the Falcon, things didn't look good until the other guy flew the Falcon off the map and I nailed the two fighters. Won 2nd on strength of schedule since the guy that beat me went 4-0 and the other 3-1 player was the guy I beat first game. Now I'm looking forward to more of this stuff, the competition is intense!

Acinonyx
Oct 21, 2005
We had a pre-regionals event, and the guy who won mopped the floor with people using Vader, Soontir, and Turr with everyone having 'push the limit', and Vader getting 'engine upgrade' and assault missiles. Vader with three actions and engine upgrade is brutal. Lord Vadar has no interest in being in your firing arc.

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

How are people in tournaments still flying ships off the map?

Crackbone
May 23, 2003

Vlaada is my co-pilot.

zVxTeflon posted:

Because there's no pre-tournament skill check for players?

alg
Mar 14, 2007

A wolf was no less a wolf because a whim of chance caused him to run with the watch-dogs.

I still haven't really played a real game yet and I will be entering into a tournament on May the 4th. I am sure I will get schooled by sperglords, but I want to fly my goddamn tiny spaceships :(

Bingarosso
Feb 28, 2013

pbpancho posted:

Well, I flew 3x Slave-1 in my first ever tournament Saturday, and ended up taking 2nd place, going 3-1. First game was against an identical list, and it came down to dice. 2nd was against an A-Wing, Y-Wing, and Falcon, and I nuked the A-Wing before it ever got a shot off. All three Firesprays were alive at the end. Third round was 3x TIE (one Howlrunner) and 3x TIE/Int, and while I dropped two Interceptors and a TIE before I lost a Firespray, he ended up dodging out of my arcs enough JUST edge me out.

Final round I faced Wedge, Biggs, and Chewy in the Falcon, things didn't look good until the other guy flew the Falcon off the map and I nailed the two fighters. Won 2nd on strength of schedule since the guy that beat me went 4-0 and the other 3-1 player was the guy I beat first game. Now I'm looking forward to more of this stuff, the competition is intense!

What upgrades was this guy running in his list?

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

Bingarosso posted:

There are at least four different "guys" mentioned in the post.

SERPUS
Mar 20, 2004

zVxTeflon posted:

My regional tourney included someone flying Lando off the map accidentally, an A-Wing with double stress being assigned a 5-forward off the map, and a Firespray taking two consecutive ion shots to drift off map.

pbpancho
Feb 17, 2004
-=International Sales=-

Bingarosso posted:

If you mean the TIE guy it was 3x generic interceptors, 2x Academy pilot, and Howlrunner with stealth device.

alg
Mar 14, 2007

A wolf was no less a wolf because a whim of chance caused him to run with the watch-dogs.

I went on the official forums to get some info for my upcoming tournament list, and

http://www.fantasyflightgames.com/edge_foros_discusion.asp?efid=254&efcid=6&efidt=804564

quote:

I can imagine that these prepainted models require a lot of work on the assembly line. So i wonder under which conditions these people in China have to work. As a customer i would like to see some kind of statement from FFG regarding their production in China. Do their contractors provide safe, healthy and humane labour enviroment for their employees? Do they pay a fair wage?

quote:

I believe they should paint faster, assemble them quicker, and get them on the boat ASAP :-)

And still get them to us for approx. $15 :-)

quote:

I bet those little Chinese kids are working their fingers to the bone trying to paint enough Interceptors to restock the shelves! You go little guys!

quote:

I'm sure they're working with all of the great benefits that totalitarian communism provides.

quote:

Who cares?

quote:

So while the conditions are deplorable these jobs are allowing these people to move up in the world and i see this as a good thing.

quote:

Honestly, I find this topic pretentious and hipocritical. I am all for worthy causes, but it is not FFG's responsibility to make working conditions in China (or whenever X-Wing is made) better. It is the responsibility of their government.

gamers :negative:

edit:

edit:

quote:

Dear FFG,

The popularity of this topic may give you the impression that a lot of people care about this issue. Well, I just wanted to let you know that I for one don't give a #%$& where you produce your miniatures and under what conditions. Keep the quality products coming at an affordable cost. I don't care about the rest.

Thank you!

kill every gamer.

alg fucked around with this message at 15:33 on Apr 27, 2013

Myoclonic Jerk
Nov 10, 2008

Cool it a minute, babe, let me finish playing with my fake gun.

alg posted:

I went on the official forums to get some info for my upcoming tournament list, and

http://www.fantasyflightgames.com/edge_foros_discusion.asp?efid=254&efcid=6&efidt=804564

gamers :negative:

edit:

I don't even. What.

Gamers indeed.

That's a worthy question and I hope FFG answers it. I'm not expecting miracles, but it would be nice if they leveraged some of the game's success to at least make sure conditions in their factories were humane.

Devlan Mud
Apr 10, 2006

I'll hear your stories when we come back, alright?
A friend of mine asked FFG about their factory conditions in an email and got a vague answer that didn't really answer anything in return.

Slab Squatthrust
Jun 3, 2008

This is mutiny!
There's no way they'd answer it in an email, or likely at all.

Myoclonic Jerk
Nov 10, 2008

The tournament was fun. I got roundly spanked in one match by a guy running Soontir Fel + Turr Phenirr + a Bounty Hunter. Turr and the Bounty Hunter were (almost) irrelevant - the killer was Fel + Push the Limit effectively pulling four actions per turn. That was just painful.

Fingat
May 17, 2004

Shhh. My Common Sense is Tingling

Myoclonic Jerk posted:

The tournament was fun. I got roundly spanked in one match by a guy running Soontir Fel + Turr Phenirr + a Bounty Hunter. Turr and the Bounty Hunter were (almost) irrelevant - the killer was Fel + Push the Limit effectively pulling four actions per turn. That was just painful.

Hey, who were you? Yea his rolls were crazy all day and made me realize I need to buy rebels so I can get some of those expansion cards. I really missed push the limit on my Fel. It was great to play again, and I bought a new case for my stuff on the way home.

alg
Mar 14, 2007

I got to play 2 games yesterday finally :unsmith:

I didn't really think, not having played, that I would have trouble with collisions. But here we are.

I also didn't really know how badly a swarm of TIE fighters would destroy my precious starfighters

I really want to get some more practice games in this week. I want to play Rebels for the tournament I'm going to but I have no idea how to put a list together for them, 100 points seems so restrictive.

Carteret
Nov 10, 2012

alg posted:

I got to play 2 games yesterday finally :unsmith:

I didn't really think, not having played, that I would have trouble with collisions. But here we are.

I also didn't really know how badly a swarm of TIE fighters would destroy my precious starfighters

I really want to get some more practice games in this week. I want to play Rebels for the tournament I'm going to but I have no idea how to put a list together for them, 100 points seems so restrictive.

Do you play regularly at AE? I drive up there for Netrunner. I may know you :ohdear:

alg
Mar 14, 2007

Nope, that was the first time. It's 27 miles from my place in Raleigh, so

Carteret
Nov 10, 2012

Pfft. I drive 2.5 hours to play there. :v:

alg
Mar 14, 2007

It was really nice. Just a...gigantic store. Can't believe how big it was. Some of the employees were douchebags. But it's not literally a warehouse in a murder zone with no lights in the parking lot anymore.

Slab Squatthrust
Jun 3, 2008

This is mutiny!

alg posted:

It was really nice. Just a...gigantic store. Can't believe how big it was. Some of the employees were douchebags. But it's not literally a warehouse in a murder zone with no lights in the parking lot anymore.

Yeah, that old store was creepy as poo poo at night leaving. Oh, let me just walk behind the building to this mostly unlit gravel parking lot and get in my car. :ohdear:

Sulecrist
Apr 5, 2007

Better tear off this bar association logo.
Wait, I play games at AE too. Did one of you guys sort of teach me to play like two weeks ago? I see a lot of this game over there so it's not the most likely thing, but if you did I had a great time.

Acinonyx
Oct 21, 2005

Myoclonic Jerk posted:

Fel + Push the Limit effectively pulling four actions per turn. That was just painful.

How does it get to 4? One action then push the limit for a second action and a stress token which gets a focus from his special power for three actions. What am I missing; a fourth action sounds great.

Arrgytehpirate
Oct 2, 2011

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

I went to my FLGS to grab some comics, and ended up getting the starter of this and doing the demo. It was so much loving fun I bought the Millennium Falcon, Slave 1, a Tie Interceptor and a Tie Advanced. I'm hoping I can figure out an army list and get the models in by Saturday for a tournament they are having.

Myoclonic Jerk
Nov 10, 2008

Acinonyx posted:

How does it get to 4? One action then push the limit for a second action and a stress token which gets a focus from his special power for three actions. What am I missing; a fourth action sounds great.

Maybe it was three and I misremembered.

Arrgytehpirate
Oct 2, 2011

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

After looking around at various list I've narrowed it down to two options for Saturday. I have all the stuff for the first list, and I can get the last 2 TIEs I need in time if I order them tomorrow, so I have to decide quick. Any thoughts/comments?

Han Shot First

Han Solo + Marksmanship + Gunner + Chewbacca (58)
Red Squadron Pilot (23)
Green Squadron Pilot (19)

Elite TIEs

Darth Vader + Cluster Missles (33)
Mauler Mithel (17)
Night Beast (15)
Howlrunner (18)
Dark Curse (16)

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

Arrgytehpirate posted:

After looking around at various list I've narrowed it down to two options for Saturday. I have all the stuff for the first list, and I can get the last 2 TIEs I need in time if I order them tomorrow, so I have to decide quick. Any thoughts/comments?

Han Shot First

Han Solo + Marksmanship + Gunner + Chewbacca (58)
Red Squadron Pilot (23)
Green Squadron Pilot (19)

Elite TIEs

Darth Vader + Cluster Missles (33)
Mauler Mithel (17)
Night Beast (15)
Howlrunner (18)
Dark Curse (16)

Everyone is going to be focusing Han esp with no name fighters in your squad. Marksmanship seems kinda meh considering Hans pilot ability and the fact that Focus is nearly the same thing without having to burn another 4 points on an already point heavy ship. I personally would rather take a more defensive setup on my bullet sponge ship. I take Elusiveness + Nien Nunb + Shield upgrade + M Falcon for 54 pts. Thats 4 extra points to put towards another named pilot instead of a red/green squad pilot.

Feeple
Jul 17, 2004

My favorite part of this hobby is the rules arguments.

Acinonyx posted:

The only way I can get to three is if they ruled Squad Leader is les than or equal your pilot skill, and Vader Squad Leader'd Fel. Then it's default action, push, and Squad Leader.

Slab Squatthrust
Jun 3, 2008

This is mutiny!
One thing to remember about PtL: it does give you a fair bit of info while you are playing against it. The guy with it can't k-turn on you if he uses it, which means it becomes much easier to get behind them. If he does k-turn, he can't push. If he doesn't push on one turn, it's probably because they expect to k-turn the next. Fel still focuses all the time, of course, but you can play around Push to a degree if you're careful.

Exinos
Mar 1, 2009

OSHA approved squiq
What's the best Firespray load out that people are having luck with? The Falcon seems to be easy to work with no matter what but it's rare that I've gotten anything done with the Firespray. Go cheap and leave it blank, add a gunner to help cover any misses, any upgrades that make it shine that I may be overlooking?

Pilgrimski
Apr 23, 2008

Exinos posted:

What's the best Firespray load out that people are having luck with? The Falcon seems to be easy to work with no matter what but it's rare that I've gotten anything done with the Firespray. Go cheap and leave it blank, add a gunner to help cover any misses, any upgrades that make it shine that I may be overlooking?

I like the range 3 Ion cannon. Really useful for setting a target up to be swarmed by your TIEs.

pbpancho
Feb 17, 2004
-=International Sales=-
I like Kath with gunner and marksmanship. Marksmanship is a better focus and functions on both your first attack and gunner as well if that goes off due to a miss. Plus it helps stress out the opponents if they do cancel any crits. I put a seismic mine on her too, which has never failed to hurt at least something, and since it isn't an action or attack, you can do it anytime and not sacrifice anything.

For the regionals this weekend though I'll be rolling with 3x bounty hunters just for the sheer hit points and extra firing arc. We'll see!

alg
Mar 14, 2007

Are any queen city goons coming up to Raleigh this weekend for the regional?

Myoclonic Jerk
Nov 10, 2008

alg posted:

Some of the YLGS crew/the Google+ group are carpooling for it. I can't, though, since I'm kind of swamped and can't devote a whole day to playing with my toys. :qq:

Fingat
May 17, 2004

Shhh. My Common Sense is Tingling

alg posted:

I won't be.

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

Ok heres your wave 3 ships.

B-Wing
Tie Bomber
Lambda Shuttle
HWK-290 (Some ship from Dark Forces game)

Pics here

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
You know I like this game but I'm starting to feel like an abused Games Workshop customer. I hope they don't plan on releasing these until 2014.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum

zVxTeflon posted:

Ok heres your wave 3 ships.

B-Wing
Tie Bomber
Lambda Shuttle
HWK-290 (Some ship from Dark Forces game)

Pics here

I am pleased by this. Rounding out all the iconic original trilogy ships, and branching out to the EU in a way I didn't think they'd go.

Chomp8645 posted:

You know I like this game but I'm starting to feel like an abused Games Workshop customer. I hope they don't plan on releasing these until 2014.

Not sure I understand what you're saying here...is it a bad thing that they're expanding the line?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

jivjov posted:

Not sure I understand what you're saying here...is it a bad thing that they're expanding the line?

What I mean is that they're expanding the line too quickly (in my opinion). If you bought the core set and one of each expansion that's around $160 of product in the span of a year. Obviously individual experience could be lower or higher (sales drive it lower, people who bought multiple cores/expansions drive it higher) but that's a reasonable estimate for a fan of this game. I just feel like I'm being milked a tad and they could slow it down.

And that's not even getting into the burnout potential when they run out of ships that anyone cares about. X-Wing Miniatures is still a fresh game and they're already reduced to some crap called the "Moldy Crow" from the EU (ugh) to fill out the four slots. What they hell are they going to release for wave 4? After wave 3 they will have already exhausted any recognizable ships from the movies. They'll have to go into the prequels or the EU.

• Locked thread