Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

barkingclam
Jun 20, 2007

SKULE123 posted:

Went to Asssscat at UCB LA and Matt's intern was handing out podcast promo cards as we left.

Was it Eric the unpaid intern?

Also, thanks for turning me on to Reality Show Show, it's not something I'd have checked out on my own and it's pretty great.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

davidHalestorm
Aug 5, 2009

Zsinjeh posted:

No yeah I remember that bit, I was just thinking he'd been plugging the podcast a couple of times now, I think one time before that bit which had me wondering they're losing listeners or something.

I think it's just that not as many people who are listening to the podcast are giving them ratings/reviews in Itunes. I include myself in that statement, since it's a bit of hassle. They need those Itunes ratings/reviews because of algorithms or something.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

Fallen Rib
I just listened to episode 18 of Nerd Poker, and holy poo poo Patton Oswalt's song was loving hilarious.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Hey Jeff, if you're still reading, what's stopping you guys uploading the VPN episodes of shows at the same time the audio versions go out?
Like, Prof Blastoff a few days ago mentioning things going on in the video stream made me want to go watch the show on Youtube instead, but it takes about a week.

Conduit for Sale!
Apr 17, 2007

Speaking of, what was the live show last night?

WerthersWay
Jul 21, 2009

Conduit for Sale! posted:

Speaking of, what was the live show last night?

Sklarbro Country. Racist Vin Scully called in to give his thoughts on 42.

TransatlanticFoe
Mar 1, 2003

Hell Gem

Teenage Fansub posted:

Hey Jeff, if you're still reading, what's stopping you guys uploading the VPN episodes of shows at the same time the audio versions go out?
Like, Prof Blastoff a few days ago mentioning things going on in the video stream made me want to go watch the show on Youtube instead, but it takes about a week.

They take forever to be added for some reason, even though they're up days before but marked private. Usually you can look through the Earwolf comments if you can't find it elsewhere.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xm7jjBJeTcY

TransatlanticFoe fucked around with this message at 17:44 on Apr 20, 2013

Zsinjeh
Jun 11, 2007

:shoboobs:
It's honestly a bit frustrating and some clear answer on it would be nice. The wait for the latest video I4H was excruciating, especially as I didn't want to overlisten to the audio and get bored with it before I saw it.
#firstworldproblems #thatim #legit #upsetabout

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006
The official account of NFL Tackle Phil Loadholt.

Let's talk Football.
The latest Improv4Humans was hilarious. Might have gotten slightly inside baseball if you don't know improv but holy gently caress, Colton and Charlie are some of my favorites.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

TransatlanticFoe posted:

They take forever to be added for some reason, even though they're up days before but marked private. Usually you can look through the Earwolf comments if you can't find it elsewhere.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xm7jjBJeTcY

Praise be to She Who.
Is that the regular studio but with plastic over the table and blackout curtains? Why'd they do that?

e: Oh. It's 'the hatch' with beakers and two circuit boards and a picture of a macbook taped to the wall.

Teenage Fansub fucked around with this message at 13:46 on Apr 21, 2013

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost

barkingclam posted:

Was it Eric the unpaid intern?

Also, thanks for turning me on to Reality Show Show, it's not something I'd have checked out on my own and it's pretty great.

There's a new one out!

I agree completely. I would have never listened to this one without a recommendation from these threads and it's now one of my favorites.

GraPar
Jun 2, 2011
Surprised and delighted at how far Reality Show Show went this week with the week's news - very, very funny. Also love the show's cocneit that anything that happens while the theme is playing is inaudible to the listener.

Zsinjeh
Jun 11, 2007

The Boston stuff was pretty cathardic to laugh about though. Especially since during watching that poo poo 24/7 I kept thinking about "oh my god that one time I was in Boston 5 years ago".

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

Fallen Rib
I was dying at all the clip from realworld that were just about sex

isnt that right
Dec 8, 2009

Maybe it's just me, but for me? If you get the opportunity to get jerked off in a famous museum in front of the Mona Lisa, you gotta take it.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

That reality show show was hilarious from start to finish, maybe the best one yet.

WerthersWay
Jul 21, 2009

Paul Scheer mentioned something about The Arsenio Paul Show on the recent minisode of HDTGM. But I can't find anything about it online. Is it a yet-to-premier web series or am I a dumb dumb who was not paying close enough attention to a joke? Because Will Arnett playing Bill Clinton and Scheer as Arsenio sounds fun.

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

Mordecai Sanchez posted:

Paul Scheer mentioned something about The Arsenio Paul Show on the recent minisode of HDTGM. But I can't find anything about it online. Is it a yet-to-premier web series or am I a dumb dumb who was not paying close enough attention to a joke? Because Will Arnett playing Bill Clinton and Scheer as Arsenio sounds fun.

He mentioned how Bill Clinton played saxaphone on the Arsenio Hall show, you just misheard.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VTkUeb6zQFA

Edit: Or something? I don't listen to the minisodes but I remember him bringing this up somewhere else and I guess I conflated it with your confusion.

jyrka
Jan 21, 2005

Potato Count: 2 small potatoes

Mordecai Sanchez posted:

He said it's going to be on jash.com.

WerthersWay
Jul 21, 2009

scary ghost dog posted:

He mentioned how Bill Clinton played saxaphone on the Arsenio Hall show, you just misheard.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VTkUeb6zQFA

Edit: Or something? I don't listen to the minisodes but I remember him bringing this up somewhere else and I guess I conflated it with your confusion.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7A9r1LI3WFw

Zsinjeh
Jun 11, 2007

A great week for I4H! Sean Clements on todays episode and a live episode being filmed tonight!

E: Hoooly poo poo, this episode was loving hilarious. I was guffawing like a jackass while walkig home today, I couldn't contain myself.
It was like a perfect mix of a fantastic episode of CBB, Reality Show Show, and I4H all rolled into one.

Zsinjeh fucked around with this message at 14:14 on Apr 25, 2013

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010

Mordecai Sanchez posted:

Arscheerio Paul

Oh wow, that is brilliant.

I looked up the actual interview, and it really is almost an exact recreation. It's a few parts of the interview done word-for-word, except cutting out a line or two. The only thing they added was slipping "Drinkin's not my thing, I'm a sex addict. I'm addicted to sexual lisasons." into the middle of one of Clinton's responses.

I was pretty young at the time so I missed when this event was a big deal, but holy poo poo is Bill Clinton charismatic. The conversation sounds insane when taken out of context, but Clinton comes off as 100% genuine and down to earth. No wonder he got away with being such a horndog.

Here's the pot smoking conversation:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hR98f6O6eeY&t=102s

little munchkin fucked around with this message at 17:00 on Apr 25, 2013

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Awesome line up for the live I4H in 25 minutes - Ben Schwartz, Horatio Sanz and Lauren Lapkus.

Conduit for Sale!
Apr 17, 2007

KimT posted:

Awesome line up for the live I4H in 25 minutes - Ben Schwartz, Horatio Sanz and Lauren Lapkus.

Oh boy I might actually remember to watch it this week! It'd be pretty amazing if I managed to forget in the next 10 minutes.

GraPar
Jun 2, 2011

KimT posted:

Anyone watch this? Was it half as amazing as it sounds? Easily three of my favourite semi-regular Earwolf guests.

Production
Jun 11, 2001

GraPar posted:

Anyone watch this? Was it half as amazing as it sounds? Easily three of my favourite semi-regular Earwolf guests.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AGfwUfixUdM&t=4035s

Lauren Lapkus is having a really hard time with DemoniusX.

Conduit for Sale!
Apr 17, 2007

GraPar posted:

Yeah it was pretty great.

Production posted:

It's funny that she was more disgusted by the first Youtube guy. I mean that fleshlight guy was pretty gross but I'm 100% sure that other guy has bodies in his basement.

Mecca-Benghazi
Mar 31, 2012

I'm going through the backlog for the Yo, Is This Racist? podcast. I'm kind of sad he seems to have switched back to the shorter podcasts of one a day. It makes good background noise and the host seems like a chill dude. :unsmith:

Conduit for Sale!
Apr 17, 2007

Autumncomet posted:

I'm going through the backlog for the Yo, Is This Racist? podcast. I'm kind of sad he seems to have switched back to the shorter podcasts of one a day. It makes good background noise and the host seems like a chill dude. :unsmith:

Andrew Ti? A chill dude? Hmm. I guess he is on the podcast (maybe more resigned than chill tho) but you should read the website sometime.

I've gotten used to the shorter episodes but the only thing I don't like is they replay the same intro and outro all week. Especially when the intro is like a third of the entire episode.

Also, everybody should check out Milana Vayntrub's (one of the recent Yo, Is This Racist? guests) channel Live Prude Girls and the series Let's Talk About Something More Interesting on said channel. It's loving hilarious. Milana and Stevie Nelson are so good at their characters and they have such insanely good chemistry. I mostly don't have any idea who the guests are, but they're still funny. And they did an episode with Bob Odenkirk recently.

e: oh man, the comments on the recent "Black Metal" episode are hilarious: http://forum.earwolf.com/topic/11295-episode-136-%E2%80%94-black-metal/

Conduit for Sale! fucked around with this message at 02:49 on Apr 27, 2013

Mecca-Benghazi
Mar 31, 2012

I guess I mean chill as in "a decent dude". :shrug: I read the website sometimes, it's actually amazing how he's still sane.

COUNTIN THE BILLIES
Jan 8, 2006

by Ion Helmet

Production posted:

It's set to private?

piratepilates
Mar 28, 2004

So I will learn to live with it. Because I can live with it. I can live with it.

COUNTIN THE BILLIES posted:

It's set to private?

:mad: Yeah Jeff, what the gently caress? It's been set to private for a few days and I want my Besser fix.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

They keep it private until Thursday when they post the episode on the site I think. It's really pointless

Politicalrancor
Jan 29, 2008

KimT posted:

They keep it private until Thursday when they post the episode on the site I think. It's really pointless

I would imagine it has to do with generating page views on the earwolf site as opposed to on youtube.

moot the hopple
Apr 26, 2008

dyslexic Bowie clone
I'm probably going crazy and this is probably the more appropriate thread to ask than the TVIV one, but was that Lennon Parham as the real estate agent at the beginning of last night's Mad Men? I swear I've heard that voice before but it's confusing me because it's not sternly telling me to turn around.

epic weed mom
Sep 1, 2006

moot the hopple posted:

I'm probably going crazy and this is probably the more appropriate thread to ask than the TVIV one, but was that Lennon Parham as the real estate agent at the beginning of last night's Mad Men? I swear I've heard that voice before but it's confusing me because it's not sternly telling me to turn around.

Yes and she was great

Zsinjeh
Jun 11, 2007

KimT posted:

Even that isn't always the case. The latest i4h dropped almost a week after the audio version, and the same thing happened the episode before that.
Then there's also the "Watch full episodes of Earwolf here!" Button they have on the end of an episode that shows a live episode of CBB that hasn't been released for months :argh:

Zsinjeh
Jun 11, 2007

#Getbusy@RealityShowShow@EarwolfDotComRadioPodcastPeople

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
I was weirded out by their sincerity in fitting Ramsey's Kitchen Nightmares into Freytag's pyramid.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tnimark
Dec 22, 2009
I love Sean reading the ads in the most ridiculous voice imaginable while Hayes plays it totally straight.