Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Human Crouton
Sep 20, 2002

I enjoy hearing stories about Norm better than hearing Norm sometimes. This story is hilarious.

http://youtu.be/9Q2VhQ8r5Nc?t=2m

Edit: Actually, his best would have been "A Minute with Stan Hooper". Norm played Stan Hooper, a weatherman or something, who just moved to the country with his wife to work on a local news station. It was so disgustingly cliche, even had the sassy maid and all that poo poo, and I was very upset that Norm would be on such a terrible show. It was cancelled mid-season, but in an interview I read a couple of years ago(but can't find now) Norm admitted that the show was horribly cliche and network television poo poo on purpose.

Because the real plan was that during the last episode of season 1, Stan's wife was going to be brutally murdered by a drifter.

Edit: Here

http://www.thebiglead.com/index.php/2011/04/30/norm-macdonald-interview-part-2/

quote:

NM: Because I had an idea for Stan Hooper that never got realized. You know? Stan Hooper was like this experiment I was doing that never got off the ground. The idea of it was, it was supposed to be like a traditional show and then at the end of the first year, a drifter comes into town and kills my wife. And then the next thing I wanted to change was make it crazy, to lure the audience into thinking it was one show and then just loving do a hay-maker at the end of the season, but they never let me get that far. They knew what I was going to do. I explained it to them and they agreed with it and everything, but it never got there. It was all set up and it was becoming more subversive every show, but only did like 10 shows or something.

The Human Crouton fucked around with this message at 20:22 on Apr 27, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

null_user01013
Nov 13, 2000

Drink up comrades
I love Norm too because that probably wasn't true, it was just a terrible show and he had gambling debts to pay.

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

This is actually the best Norm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aNs5tjgd5rQ&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Qaz Kwaz
Jul 24, 2003
What's your email? I've got some shitty posts that you NEED to read.
http://www.howardstern.com/ is redesigned. Pretty nice.

Vakal
May 11, 2008

Qaz Kwaz posted:

I recognize Lisa G and Lieberman, but I have no clue who the other guys are.

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost

Qaz Kwaz posted:

No tables? No iframes? Clearly Ralph didn't have anything do with this.

Wasco Jr.
Jan 11, 2006

"Cut the kids in half"
I like the new site design, it helped me find the Rachel fine interviews with the staff that I had never seen before and Rachel is not only Fine by name but fine by nature.

Here King of all Blacks smells her feet at the end of the interview

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VfUTqBqjLDg

Sand Monster
Apr 13, 2008

Vakal posted:

I recognize Lisa G and Lieberman, but I have no clue who the other guys are.

Shuli is next to Lieberman. One of the older guys might be the announcer Ralph Howard, if he's still around.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie
It's crazy that the H100 News crew generates more original content every week than the Howard Stern Show itself.

null_user01013
Nov 13, 2000

Drink up comrades
Hey, was the 17th the last new show?

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

I think so. That means Howard will do a total of 8 shows this month.

jyrka
Jan 21, 2005

Potato Count: 2 small potatoes

Joe Don Baker posted:

I think so. That means Howard will do a total of 8 shows this month.

Guaranteed the first words of the next show will be "Robin, I'm so tired."

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything
Join the revolution.

null_user01013
Nov 13, 2000

Drink up comrades
I don't get vacations, I have to leave my mansion to sit on a stage and be treated like a king and make fun of people for 30 million dollars. You guys going to work at Wal-mart or doing construction just don't understand.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

I wouldn't mind the days off if they had more original programming. Even on these days off, most people are still in the studio. I think the only ones who are really off are Howard, Robin, Fred, Gary sometimes, Ronnie (he's sort of Howard's handler), and Ralph :laffo: . Let the other guys in there on the air. I know I would absolutely tune into the JD Morning Show.

musclecoder
Oct 23, 2006

I'm all about meeting girls. I'm all about meeting guys.

Joe Don Baker posted:

I wouldn't mind the days off if they had more original programming. Even on these days off, most people are still in the studio. I think the only ones who are really off are Howard, Robin, Fred, Gary sometimes, Ronnie (he's sort of Howard's handler), and Ralph :laffo: . Let the other guys in there on the air. I know I would absolutely tune into the JD Morning Show.

Don't tell me you missed the Sandra Bernhard Playlist!? There's your original programming right there.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

At least they're trying or something. I was referring more to original stuff on the morning drive time slot. That will never happen because those hours are sacred to Howard even though he's barely on the air anymore.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Joe Don Baker posted:

At least they're trying or something. I was referring more to original stuff on the morning drive time slot. That will never happen because those hours are sacred to Howard even though he's barely on the air anymore.

If Howard lets someone on the air while he's on vacation, he'll wind up in a Johnny Carson/Jay Leno situation. :ohdear:

Squashy Nipples
Aug 18, 2007

I'm such a beaten wife.

Two whole show segments, and he hasn't mentioned the Boston bombers once. Howard, I need you to tell me what to think!!!

Sand Monster
Apr 13, 2008

Joe Don Baker posted:

I'll bet a week of "Back Office Radio" would have been popular. Of course, that would never happen, because they can't even have that show on the air one hour per week now.

Books On Tape
Dec 26, 2003

Future of the franchise
I love when Norm had an appearance on the show and he spit right in the middle of the studio. It freaked Howard out a bit and Norm knew it.

jyrka
Jan 21, 2005

Potato Count: 2 small potatoes
Anyone want to see the saddest picture ever?

Wasco Jr.
Jan 11, 2006

"Cut the kids in half"
Champions of the 1990's

Tim Selaty Jr
May 16, 2011

by Pipski
One has reinvented his career, has connected with a new audience who appreciates what he once was but loves him for what he has evolved into, and as a result he has returned to cultural relevance.

The other is Howard Stern, who judges a milquetoast talent show on NBC

kylej
Jul 6, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Gary Puppet sitting on the shelf back there. Makes me sad to think of the hysteria that thing was once involved in, now it collects dust. Sad

Geekslinger
Jan 30, 2005

Robin seemed to both be kissing Dr. Drew's rear end and then busting his balls on todays show. It was great.

Debbie's second call in during the news :wtf:

an adult beverage
Aug 13, 2005

1,2,3,4,5 dem gators don't take no jive. go gator -US Rep. Corrine Brown (D) FL
I haven't listened to the show yet, but doesn't Robin hate Dr. Drew?

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

an adult beverage posted:

I haven't listened to the show yet, but doesn't Robin hate Dr. Drew?

She liked him until he published the results of the narcissism test. :D

rawdog pozfail
Jan 2, 2006

by Ralp
I was ready to tear into the theme song contest after they played the first two tracks but the female comedian songwriter chick is actually funny as hell. Her actual track was lackluster but the rest of her stuff was funny and she has a great dry delivery that's cracking me up.

Also new Norm show today :toot:

Grant DaNasty
Jul 17, 2006

jyrka posted:

Howard there looks like how I imagine what Adam Carolla's mom looks like.

OG KUSH BLUNTS
Jan 4, 2011

jyrka posted:

Notice how howard's hand is slightly hovering above his shoulder so he doesn't get too close to touching him

MrMidnight
Aug 3, 2006

OG KUSH BLUNTS posted:

Notice how howard's hand is slightly hovering above his shoulder so he doesn't get too close to touching him

Pretty sure he's touching him there.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

It's amazing that Howard literally has it all and is so sad and angry.

Squashy Nipples
Aug 18, 2007

Joe Don Baker posted:

It's amazing that Howard literally has it all and is so sad and angry.

Reminds me of the parable of the stonecutter, except that Howard hasn't gotten around to the beginning of cycle yet.

OG KUSH BLUNTS
Jan 4, 2011

MrMidnight posted:

Pretty sure he's touching him there.

Apparently Howard said that Mike Tyson squeezed him so hard he felt like he was breaking his ribs.

null_user01013
Nov 13, 2000

Drink up comrades

OG KUSH BLUNTS posted:

Apparently Howard said that Mike Tyson squeezed him so hard he felt like he was breaking his ribs.

He probably says the same thing when Beth hugs him.

OG KUSH BLUNTS
Jan 4, 2011

AxeManiac posted:

He probably says the same thing when Beth hugs him.

Thats what the rubbers are for

TASTE THE PAIN!!
May 18, 2004

Howard is giving some terrible opinions on the last episode of Game of Thrones right now, saying he couldn't hear anything in the bath scene, and he thinks it might be the moment that will turn him off the show. Whenever he talks about it he sounds so clueless, like he's too busy chatting with Beth to follow what's going on. I guess THE BACHELOR is more up his alley.

Chicken Butt
Oct 27, 2010

TASTE THE PAIN!! posted:

Howard is giving some terrible opinions on the last episode of Game of Thrones right now, saying he couldn't hear anything in the bath scene, and he thinks it might be the moment that will turn him off the show. Whenever he talks about it he sounds so clueless, like he's too busy chatting with Beth to follow what's going on. I guess THE BACHELOR is more up his alley.

That was the best scene in the episode -- we finally found out how Jaimie became the Kingkiller -- and I had no trouble hearing it at all. Perhaps the audio in Howard's expensive home theater system (with *no* barstools) isn't working properly.

I'd be happy to fix it for him for a couple thou. I'd even throw in a free installation of speakers near his pets' food bowls, to play pet-psychic-approved soothing music for them while they eat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vakal
May 11, 2008

TASTE THE PAIN!! posted:

Also remember that Howard ranted that 3D movies were too dark and couldn't believe how anyone could make anything out. Then he realized later that he forgot to take off his sun glasses.