Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Smasher Dynamo
Oct 16, 2008

Eternal Commissioner of the Super League. A new avatar. A new age, of the same old embittered Smasher that failed to escape the bonds of the SL, FM3, Johnny Hopp and Eri Yoshida "The Knuckle Princess". "The flames of Smasher's ire scorch the skies... Igniting St. Bellhorn's funeral pyre."
Super-League Wrestling, Week 1: It's a Work in Progress, You Assholes!

I'm still working out the kinks.

Super-League Extreme Fission Action
Tuesday, Week 1, January, 2013

: Welcome to the first-ever episode of Super-League Wrestling: Extreme Fission Action, our flagship show! I'm Smasher Dynamo, with me, as always, is the vengeful spirit of Brian Pillman.
: I can't believe that thing I'm most remembered for is getting my loving ankle crushed in a folding chair! It's a loving travesty!
: ...And we're live so we can't bleep those out...
: You think you can censor me? The loose loving cannon?
: Well, before this gets out of hand and I get stabbed with a fork, let's go to the ring, where Kamen Rider will face Condorito for the vacant Super-League Cruiserweight Championship!

: And just like Jushin Liger, some rear end in a top hat dressed up as an anime character gets all the attention.
: And it looks like someone is waiting up in the rafters...but for what?

: Who cares? You know, when I was the cruiserweight division at WCW, we didn't get angles or stories, we just got jobbed out!
: Shifting gears slightly, it's just been announced that there is going to be a four-man tournament for the vacant SLW World Heavyweight Championship of the World, with the finals to be held at our first-ever PPV event, MLK Day Panic!, in just three weeks! El Ostion Azul, Nolan Alexander, and Lord Mayor Humungus have all qualified, but the last spot is going to be decided in triple threat match later tonight! Zack MacKaye, El Rey Carmesi and Lord Royston are all going fight it out for the chance to win the biggest prize in Super-League Wrestling!
: So, you're putting a CM Punk clone, the highest wrestler on Earth, and the worst gimmick on the roster in the main event? Great move.

Cut to: Backstage!

: Mr. President, I and R.K. Milholland are two of the greatest webcomic creators in human history. We are so famous that we have been able to quit our day-to-day jobs and become full-time webcartoonists. Why? Because we are great. I myself am such an awesome writer that people throw money at me just to spew out a five strips a week. Do you know how long it takes me to do that much work? About 2 hours. And that's per week. That's my life. I wake up at noon, gently caress around until about six, crap out a strip, and then go to whatever lovely indie rock concert is in town. It's a pretty sweet gig, and you'd be able to do it too, if you had even 1% of the talent that I do.
: Well, friend, I'm still not clear on what I can do for you.
: Did you know that the characters in my webcomic are all based on me and my friends? I always said that I was cool enough that people would want to read about me, and I proved it. And then I added a talking robot just for the merchandizing, but I am that slick.
: Mr. Jacques, I'm a very busy man, if you could get to the-
: But let's be clear, I totally get laid way more than the main character based on me. It's just that a totally awesome dude hooking up with chicks all the time wouldn't be good for keeping female readership.
: Mr. President, could we just get a tag title shot? If you give it to us, it'll shut Jeph up.
: If it'll shut him up, I'll put you up against Marks Madness later.
: I still don't know how shading works.

: And back to the ring, Rance Mulliniks will pick up a quick win over Andro-Officer by DQ.
: Rance knew that Andro-Officer couldn't break his programming, so he pretended he was pulling for a gun, and Andro-Officer shot him right in the gut. And that's somehow a DQ win.

: Nolan Alexander! It has been decided that we will face each other in a semi-final for the SLW Championship! I give you this one chance, Nolan Alexander: surrender to me now, and you can walk away. Continue to fight me and you will suffer more than you can possibly imagine.
: Americans don't surrender, Humungus! Me and the rest of the Nolan Nation never give up! No matter what! Even if you beat me into a coma, and I suffer traumatic brain injury, I'll still come back to face you again! My doctor will get down on his knees and beg me not to go back into the ring, tears in his eyes, but I won't listen! Because I am America strong!
: Listen to yourself, Nolan Alexander, you are a fool! And a fool such as yourself deserves the beating I will give you next week.
: Why wait until next week? Let's go right now, in this very ring!
: If I may interject...

: My name is El Ostion Azul.
: And I am El Rey Carmesi. Together, we are El Culto Progressiva, the greatest progressive rock tag team of all-time.
: Not to mention one-half of the participants of the SLW Championship Tournament once Rey wins his match later tonight. But me? I'm totally free tonight. Humungus, I may not like you, but I respect the importance of post-apocalyptic wastelands to the imagery used in progressive rock. If Nolan Alexander, who I'm going to guess is a big Blink 182 fan, is spoiling for a fight, I say we give it to him...

: Holy gently caress, we've got to take a commercial break!

: While you were out, Hack Braggart came out to even up the odds.
: Even up the odds? Smasher, Hack Braggart is just another drunken Irish rear end in a top hat, what good is he going to do against real men like Humungus and Ostion?
: Not much, as Humungus is going to take him out with the Release of Death.

: Hey, Mark Grace! Want to have a drinking contest?
: Well, I do have a tag title match in ten minutes.
: So?
: Get the beers.

: And Mark Grace really isn't in much shape to wrestle after that drinking contest, forcing Mark Bellhorn to go it alone against the Web-Comedy Duo.
: If Mark Grace had only had a few more beers, or a few less beers, Marks Madness would be right in this thing, but Mark Grace is at that state of drunkeness where you're no good to anybody!
: And...Jeph Jacques hits Bellhorn with a tablet while the ref is distracted by Mark Grace passing out on the apron! The Web-Comedy Duo are your new Super-League Wrestling Tag Team Champions!

: And in our main event, Zack MacKaye earns the last spot in the Super-League Wrestling Championship Tournament with the XXX on Lord Royston!
: Straight Edge is for pussies!
: Be that as it may, Zack MacKaye will now face El Ostion Azul in the semi-finals in two weeks!

: Looks like El Culto Progressiva doesn't want to wait that long! Take him out, you bastards! KILL HIM!
: Ugh. See you next week.

Newsbreak!

Super-League Surplus
Saturday, Week 1, January, 2013

: And welcome to-
: No one gives a poo poo about the 'B' Show.
: I know, but we will have a Television Title Match as our main event tonight. Andriy the Mutant versus a bear.
: A bear?
: A motherfucking bear.

: Zangief makes his Super-League Wrestling debut taking out The Law.
: When you say a bear, you don't mean a hairy dude, right?
: I mean what I say.

: And Lord Royston and Chomondley will pick up the win over Holly and Knife.
: Who the gently caress are Holly and Knife?
: Well, we needed more tag teams, so I went out and recruited some people. They're either from a indie fed or a women's prison. Definitely one of the two.

: People of the Super-League, El Culto Progressiva has once more returned bearing good news!
: First, may the blessings of progressive rock be upon you all, and may your vinyl LPs of ELP remain unscratched.
: Indeed, El Rey. But we have done some thinking about this, and we realize that we were missing something.
: That's right, Ostion. You see, a duo is simply not the proper form for the followers of Progressive Rock. After all, it's not Emerson and Lake, it's Emerson, Lake and Palmer.
: And can you imagine Rush without Neal Peart? No, we clearly need a third member for our team...and here he is...the man they call...EL NOCHE!

: Holy gently caress! It's a real bear! Andriy is fighting a loving bear!
: And Andriy takes him out with the Fist of Chernobyl!
: He just beat a loving bear!
: And that about sums it up! Good night!

Booking Notes

I decided to give El Ostion Azul, El Rey Carmesi and El Noche drug habits because I figured, well, they probably would happen. Unfortunately, the TEW engine takes a rather dim view of such habits, and it's been dogging their scores.

-Since Extreme Fission Action is only two hours long, there just wasn't time to use everyone, so sorry if your wrestler didn't get used.

-There's also a midcard title out there, the Super-League Commonwealth Championship, but I decided to put that off until the next week of shows.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cbx
Dec 4, 2007

Smasher Dynamo's assistant of the Super-League.
Awesome. This is great change-of-pace from the numbers.

mrnoun
Jul 24, 2007

Smasher Dynamo posted:

Super-League Wrestling, Week 1: It's a Work in Progress, You Assholes!

I'm still working out the kinks.

: People of the Super-League, El Culto Progressiva has once more returned bearing good news!
: First, may the blessings of progressive rock be upon you all, and may your vinyl LPs of ELP remain unscratched.
: Indeed, El Rey. But we have done some thinking about this, and we realize that we were missing something.
: That's right, Ostion. You see, a duo is simply not the proper form for the followers of Progressive Rock. After all, it's not Emerson and Lake, it's Emerson, Lake and Palmer.
: And can you imagine Rush without Neal Peart? No, we clearly need a third member for our team...and here he is...the man they call...EL NOCHE!

Booking Notes

I decided to give El Ostion Azul, El Rey Carmesi and El Noche drug habits because I figured, well, they probably would happen. Unfortunately, the TEW engine takes a rather dim view of such habits, and it's been dogging their scores.

What kind of a name for a prog guy is El Noche? I hereby rename him El Gigante Gentil!

Minor nitpick: El Rey Carmesi is the Crimson King, and should probably have a red mask. I should have clarified in my original post, though, so as much my fault as anything.

Other than that, looking pretty solid.

As for the spoiler, I believe drug habits don't start having a serious effect until they're greater than 20%, so if you keep them in the teens, they'll have the drug habits for flavor but it won't significantly affect results.

One last minor suggestion: For the benefit of readers who don't play TEW, maybe go into preferences and switch to letter grades instead of numbers? This might help especially because TEW doesn't use standard American letter grading. They might not grasp that a rating of 70 is actually a decent C+, and that seemingly horrible 58 El Noche's segment drew was actually just a mediocre C-, not a total bomb.

Smasher Dynamo
Oct 16, 2008

Eternal Commissioner of the Super League. A new avatar. A new age, of the same old embittered Smasher that failed to escape the bonds of the SL, FM3, Johnny Hopp and Eri Yoshida "The Knuckle Princess". "The flames of Smasher's ire scorch the skies... Igniting St. Bellhorn's funeral pyre."

mrnoun posted:

What kind of a name for a prog guy is El Noche? I hereby rename him El Gigante Gentil!

Minor nitpick: El Rey Carmesi is the Crimson King, and should probably have a red mask. I should have clarified in my original post, though, so as much my fault as anything.

Other than that, looking pretty solid.

As for the spoiler, I believe drug habits don't start having a serious effect until they're greater than 20%, so if you keep them in the teens, they'll have the drug habits for flavor but it won't significantly affect results.

One last minor suggestion: For the benefit of readers who don't play TEW, maybe go into preferences and switch to letter grades instead of numbers? This might help especially because TEW doesn't use standard American letter grading. They might not grasp that a rating of 70 is actually a decent C+, and that seemingly horrible 58 El Noche's segment drew was actually just a mediocre C-, not a total bomb.

As for the drug problems, yeah, I know, but I figured it would add a bit more character to the game if they actually had problems that hurt them.

And yeah, for the other stuff, There are a bunch of fixes to be made. This was really more of a proof of concept more than anything else, because I don't intend to start doing regular updates of this for a week or two.

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

This booking is bullshit.
¡Plop! from the top of the ladder would have been a ****3/4 match

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Super League IX Expansion Cup - May: I, For One, Accept Our New Robot Overlords

Injury Report:

Akabira Killer Mikes
P - Anibal Sanchez (Stubbed Toe) - 1 Day
1B - Bill Terry (Much worse stubbed toe) - 16 Days

Automatons
P - Mark Davis (Missing Batteries) - 3 Days
LF - Sixto Lezcano (Bad Wiring) - 13 Days
SP - Mike Krukow (Overclocking a wooden Pitch-O-Matic is a fire hazard, Alpha Destroy!) - 97 Days

Brooklyn Bombers
SP - Bill Swift (Smasher told me I had to break one of your guys, so...) - 193 Days/Out For Season

Foul Pole Penguins
P - Jordan Zimmerman (Went Polar Bear Chasing) - 1 Day
P - Adam Wainwright (Went to find Jordan, who got lost) - 2 Days
RF - Jayson Werth (Seriously, keep him off the ice!) - 11 Days

Louisville Muggers
C - Smoky Burgess (Went to recreate 'Smokey and the Bandit' as 'Smoky and the Burgess') - 14 Days

Oklahoma City Bombers
C - Ray Schalk (Accidentally left in the cargo hold of a B-52) - 2 Days
1B - Mo Vaughn (Intentionally left in said cargo hold) - 2 Days
SR - Mike Maddux (Training Exercise Accident) - 15 Days

RVA Beard Leaguers
1B - Andres Galarraga (Reminder he is on your team) - 2 Days
SP - Yovani Gallardo (Isn't Galarraga, but might wish he was!) - 10 Days

Rochester Generics
SP - Bill Bernhard (Burned, Hard.) - 3 Days/Will NOT Miss Next Start

San Marcos Engineers
P - Peter Locker (Chastised for going Sniper on 2Fort) - 6 Days

South Dakota Marmosets
LR - Red Ames (Got into a fight about which Pitcher had the most unnecessary use of vowels) - 10 Days
SP - Jered Weaver (Lost that fight) - 12 Days

St. Louis Congratulators
RP - Nathan Lonergan (Sulking) - 3 Days
SP - Daniel Hudson (Failed to be Self-Congratulatory, the most heinous of crimes!) - 339 Days/Out For Season

Games Of The Month

quote:

MUGGERS ARE HORRIBLE PEOPLE, ROUGH UP CUTE MARMOSETS, SUPER LEAGUE CONTINUES TO BE MIRED BY CLERICAL ERRORS

Louisville - It seems that the Muggers were intent on showing the Marmosets they aren't the only power hitting team on the block.

In the opening of the game, the Marmosets looked like they would be in complete control, as the combination of a hit and run play by Mike Donlin and a long double put Bobby Abreu put them up two to nil, a lead they would hold for the majority of the game, as the Muggers would struggle to find any sort of response to Ned Garvin. In response, Burleigh Grimes took it upon his own two shoulders to keep the Marmosets from advancing their lead. From there, it was the question of which of the two pitchers would crack under the opposing team's offensive power first.

The answer would be in the form of Ned Garvin, who, assuming that the newly arrived Chipper Jones would have the pitch covered, gave a hit to Luke Appling. Unfortunately, Chipper's attempt at a long throw to first came a bit late, as the ball couldn't quite reach its destination, the resulting throwing error allowed for Appling to make it to second base. The resulting loss in concentration would follow up its unraveling of the Marmosets lock on the situation as Garvin nailed Smoky Burgess on the very next pitch, giving him a walk to first. He then gave up a run to Richie Ashburn, and after a sacrifice bunt by Zack Wheat put the runs on second and third, the Marmosets knew they were in trouble. However, the Muggers continued to sacrifice batters to get ahead, as a grounder to second by Carl Yastrzemski would tie the game up. Though the Marmosets would be able to finish out the inning, the damage was done.

Afterwards, the Marmosets would still have no response to Grimes, and Bobby Abreu's attempt to steal second would end with no score at the top of the ninth. With no better options, the Marmosets hoped Garvin could regain control for one more inning.

Unfortunately, the combination of a single from Mark Grace, another sacrifice bunt from Sandberg, and a double from Buddy Bell, Mark Grace slid into home plate and scored the Muggers the win.

Afterwards, Zodiac 5000 addressed the crowd. "I can't believe it! Sacrifice bunts! Shameless! I thought the muggers were all about power hitting, like my Marmosets! There is nothing manlier than burly men mashing a ball over the heads of a jaw-dropping crowd for a victory. Monicro should be ashamed of himself for his use of sacrifice bunts for a win!"

Monicro was unavailable for comment, citing the fact that "Dude, Super-League Wrestling is on! There's a guy fighting a -bear-!"

Afterwards, it was discovered that the final score was occasionally incorrectly identified as a shatteringly inaccurate 14-2. When the illusive Expansion Cup Commissioner Monathin was cornered on this fact, he shrugged his shoulders, responding "I have no idea why it's set up like that. I could have sworn I got everything fixed... ugh. Now I'll have to spend another 3 weeks on the next update!"

"If he spends another 3 weeks on the next update, I'll kill him." Remarked Super-League Commissar Dynamo.

Box Score

quote:

AUTOMATONS KILL-MACHINE BACKFIRES, HORRIBLY.

The Volcanic Isle of Dr. Madington - Making a wooden pitch-o-matic seems like a horrible idea, in retrospect.

While the Carolina Llamas were certainly used to the heat, it took them two innings to get used to the surprisingly effective Kill-Bot known as Mike Krukow. After two innings with no team able to strike a dent in the other, a double RBI knocked in by the Llamas in the top of third made clear they had got themselves righted around to batting through the supposed 'Kill-Bot'.

A three-run top of the fifth would confirm this to be the case.

Getting slightly desperate, the Automatons would rally for a single run in the bottom of the fifth as Alpha Destroy made adjustments to Krukow, overclocking his control modules and preparing to strike back.

This would be a disastrous mistake, as though he would cause Chipper Jones to fly out and a double play from Greg Vaughn, the strain of an overclocked control module in a high-temperature environment (and a low combustion point building material) would prove to be too much, as immediately after the double play, the Kill Bot Formerly Known as Mike Krukow would catch fire on the pitcher's mound, being extinguished and dragged off after much panic. Though there would be a two run rally in vengeance for the vanquished kill-bot, Carolina would put two more runs on Frank Williamachine, effectively ending the game.

Alpha Destroy was his usual mad, raving self. "IMPOSSIBLE! To only get three games out of the Kill-Bot? Clearly I had underestimated the tressful environment he would be doing play in. I may have to acquire more materials at the rate my experiments are going... but NO MATTER! For the Automatons are still deftly in control of the Hopp Division, and will remain so, challenge us, you fools! Challenge these cold unfeeling machines of death, IF YOU DARE! MWAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

The Flying Llama, in opposition, was much more subdued. "So, I'm battling a crazy guy using robot players, is that the whole gimmick going on here? Cause, that's kind of cool. I mean, I guess my gimmick is being cuddly, but I have to kind of share that with South Dakota. Man, I need to make a name for myself! Oh, and this was a pretty good game, I suppose. Always good to win now and then."

Box Score

quote:

GENERALS OUT-MANEUVER SOMALI IN SHOCKING CURBSTOMP

Mogadishu, Somalia - You'd be forgive for getting the teams' scores mixed up at the end of this game.

It is safe to say that the Pirates have thoroughly mashed the hell out of the Rainwater division. With a 36-7 record, to the Generals 17-27, the Pirates were looking at another easy win.

They would be denied that, as the Generals would not be nearly so easily underestimated.

Starting with a two-run opener, the Generals would hold that lead, despite Somali's Paul Derringer keeping them at bay for the next three innings. Neither side could trade blows after the surprising opening skirmish, and the Generals would continue to use guerrilla warfare as it applied to baseball as the game went on. A single run in fifth, and a single run in the sixth. Somali traded off a run in the sixth, and after a relatively quiet seventh inning, it looked as if the hostilities were over.

Which is just what the Generals wanted.

Beet, thinking the worst had past, put Mike Thurmond on the stand to soak up the innings, and the Generals struck hard in response. Harry Walker and Bobby Doerr would single themselves onto base, and a double from Pete Rose would cement the first of four runs, the second coming from a fumbling of the ball by shortstop Alan Trammell. The third on a double from pinch hitter Javy Lopez, and the final of the four coming from a ground out by Jeff Blauser. Somali quickly pulled Thurmond out, but the damage had been done. The extra two runs from Doerr and Rose a mere afterthought to a surprising 10-1 game.

Afterwards, FairGame spoke. "Seriously, though. My team is kind of awful, so it was great to score this win! But I still have no idea what this Beet guy's deal is. Is this what the Super-League does to people? That's kind of messed up, man. I just wanna have some fun and play some baseball, you know?"

Box Scores

quote:

INTERLEAGUE PLAY SAYS FIRE-BREATHING LIZARDS TRUMP MOBSTERS

Krakow, Poland - Well, this was certainly interesting.

Though Expansion Cup Commissioner Monathin clearly bumbled when he said that there 'would be no Interleague play', clearly he was mistaken, and the results of this game in response have shown that there can always be room to improve.

The Southie Hitmen were seen as the most worthwhile competition to the Somali Pirates, yet, up against the Krakow Dragons, they seemed to falter tremendously, only managing to score a single run for every two that Krakow put on the board. Though the sky would be tied coming out of the third inning, the exchange of runs in the fifth made for an interesting show.

Though the combined combo of Jim Thome, Hank Aaron, and Eddie Matthews - 3 not entirely uncommon Super League faces managed to score a single run for the Hitmen in the top of the fifth, it was two walks given up by Tex Hughson to Gregg Zaun and Al Rosen that would seal the deal. A single from Charlie Gehringer would load the bases, and a single from Juan Gonzale to right-center field would be enough to bring Thome and Aaron in for two more runs.

From that point on, mks5000 watched in frustration as his hitters could put up no resistance to Early Wynn and, later, Tim Crabtree and Ray Narleski. The next two runs - a tag-up by Rusty Greer and a passed ball from Joe Torre were a mere afterthough as the game practically finished early.

mks5000 vented his frustrations after the game. "This is bullshit! Monathin is a loving hack! To say no interleague and then put me up against the Dragons? That's loving bullshit! I mean, no offense to Robert, but I'm the only real competition against Beet in the Rainwater division, everyone else is terrible! How the gently caress am I supposed to gain traction when you're throwing me against DH teams!?"

Robert T. Deadford had little to add to that, only appending a "No offense taken, mks." To the end of mks5000's rant.

Box Scores

Team Statistics

Analysis

Despite two Otts and Musial, you have your work cut out for you, between Krakow and Oklahoma.

Analysis

I'm pretty sure you're sacrificing your pitching bots to some pagan science god to get ahead, because there's no way this lead is lasting.

Analysis

Bill Swift is down for the count, and David Cone is very clearly Not Working Out. That doesn't spell good things for your pitching staff.

Analysis

I'm sure A.J. Burnette will even out eventually. I'm just not sure it'll happen over the course of the season.

Analysis

Nothing awful is jumping out at me, though I'd take advantage of Sizemore's sudden hulking out.

Analysis

Still being brutally murdered by your pitching!

Analysis

Your pitching isn't as dire a situation, but it's still pretty bad. Also, Eck still cannot catch a break.

Analysis

You are going to need to pick up some sluggers in the draft if this keeps up, because your guys cannot hit worth half a drat.

Analysis

You still need someone to be your lead-in since Mordecai's out for the season.

Analysis

Only one game back, but I'd start to worry about Bob Feller, if I were you.

Analysis

Unsurprisingly, Phil Niekro is the weak spot in your rotation. Also, Mike Donlin is great for getting on base, but you should probably put a guy with more power in at #4.

Analysis

Your hitters are solid, and Mighty Mark Grace is, well, Mighty Mark Grace. Your rotation's a little shaky, though.

Analysis

Pitching problems galore! You out there, Oldskool? The NWO needs some TLC.

Analysis

In regards to your comment last update, I'm not sure who told you the Baker Bowl was a pitcher's park, but they are almost certainly lying. On the bright side, it doesn't seem to be overly hurting you.

Analysis

Cthulhu Dreams, via IRC posted:

can we all just acknowledge I am a wizard for piloting the team that finished last overall to a division lead this time?

This is your enemy, Yoshida Division. Can you defeat him? Or will you let him make a mockery of eldritch horrors, wizardry, and above all, beards?

Analysis

Davey Lopez: Whiffing like a champion!

Analysis

I think Nap is trying to tell you something, with that OBP.

Analysis

Your pitchers are actually doing pretty well, but your hitters are practically nonexistent.

Analysis

This is pretty much what a Super League ready team does to guys still trying to fish out the problems.

Analysis

Still a dingers machine, but you're definitely going to need to work on the pitching part.

Analysis

DIVULGE TO ME THE SECRETS OF YOUR JIM THOME.

Analysis

Could be worse!

Divisional Standings and Leaderboards

Monathin fucked around with this message at 13:01 on Apr 29, 2013

Cthulhu Dreams
Dec 11, 2010

If I pretend to be Cthulhu no one will know I'm a baseball robot.
The Baker Bowl was a better HR park than Coors Field. HR factor of 223 vs 145!

tatankatonk
Nov 4, 2011

Pitching is the art of instilling fear.
Can I get a screenshot of my pitchers with ERA and such?

CraigK
Nov 4, 2008

by exmarx
Dave Veres is on a Super League Team? Jesus Christ, I still have nightmares from when he pitched for real! :stonk:

Monicro
Oct 21, 2010

And you could feel his features in the air
A wide smile and perfect hair
He had complete control of the rising tides
And a medicine bag hanging at his side

In the flowing blue world of the death-dealing physician

LINEUPS FOR INTERLEAGUE (theres probably not even interleague but I need to tweak my lineups anyway so)

vs RHP w/o DH:

1. Richie Ashburn CF
2. Zach Wheat LF
3. Carl Yastrzemski RF
4. Willie McCovey 1B
5. Luke Appling SS
6. Buddy Bell 3B
7. Ryne Sandberg 2B
8. Andy Seminick C
P

vs LHP w/o DH:

1. Luke Appling SS
2. Richie Ashburn CF
3. Carl Yastrzemski RF
4. Willie McCovey 1B
5. Buddy Bell 3B
6. Zach Wheat LF
7. Ryne Sandberg 2B
8. Andy Seminick C
P

vs RHP w/ DH:

1. Richie Ashburn CF
2. Zach Wheat LF
3. Carl Yastrzemski RF
4. Willie McCovey DH
5. Mark Grace 1B
6. Buddy Bell 3B
7. Luke Appling SS
8. Ryne Sandberg 2B
9. Andy Seminick

vs LHP w/ DH

1. Luke Appling SS
2. Mark Grace 1B
3. Carl Yastrzemski RF
4. Willie McCovey DH
5. Buddy Bell 3B
6. Richie Ashburn CF
7. Zach Wheat LF
8. Ryne Sandberg 2B
9. Andy Seminick C

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
Forgot to give my wrestlemen images:
Mark "Mamoru Endou" Evans: (or other way around who cares)

Tammy Buller:

TheFlyingLlama
Jan 2, 2013

You really think someone would do that? Just go on the internet and be a llama?

SWEET ZOMBIE JESUS MY PITCHING IS BAD.

Move A.J. back to the Pen as LR, and have Hudson start again.

mentholmoose
Nov 5, 2009

YKNOW THERES ONLY ONE DIRECTION I KNOW AND THATS DRIVIN STRAIGHT TO THE NET

I totally posted about switching to Dodger Stadium instead of the Baker Bowl, but whatever, I'll live with the offense for now.

Call up Hoyt, send down Wakefield. Put Hoyt in long relief and run a rotation of Clemens-Walsh-Faber-Scott-Garcia.

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

tatankatonk posted:

Can I get a screenshot of my pitchers with ERA and such?

Sorry about that. I meant to bug Cthulhu about that part of the script.

Post has been edited with your ERA stats.

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

Welp, 17 games behind with 6 games against the pirates on the road. Seems like a good time to get... creative.

Call ups
Joe Adcock
Ryan Howard
Johnny Pesky
Joe Dobson

Send downs
Joe Torre
Jim Thome
Hank Aaron
John Smoltz

Lineups

Pitching rotation

SP1 Tex Hughson
SP2 Bob Buhl
SP3 Lou Burdette
SP4 Joe Dobson
SP5 Warren Spahn

Jack Morris to Long Relief

w/o DH

3B Johnny Pesky
2B Chase Utley
LF Joe Adcock
1B Ryan Howard
RF Johnny Hopp
C Mike Lieberthal (Del Crandel Catches for
CF Dom Dimaggio
SS Placido Polanco

w/ DH
3B Johnny Pesky
2B Chase Utley
LF Joe Adcock
1B Ryan Howard
RF Johnny Hopp
C Mike Lieberthal
CF Dom Dimaggio
DH Jimmy Rollins
SS Placido Polanco

Cthulhu Dreams
Dec 11, 2010

If I pretend to be Cthulhu no one will know I'm a baseball robot.

So, I have two third base dudes who can hit, and Rickie Weeks can hit homers and not much else. Also, can we all just stand and admire randy johnson's horror season? That's 0-8 with 71 IP and 71Ks people. However Tom Foley it turns out can niether hit or defend, so lets do something about this

vs RHP

LF: Tim Raines
RF: Stan Musial
CF: Dale Murphy
1B: Prince Fielder
3B: Ken Boyer
SS: Hubie Brooks
C: Jeff Reed
2B: Rickie Weeks (:argh:)

vs LHP

RF: Ryan Braun
C: Lucaroy

vs RHP with DH

DH: Stan Musial
RF: Aubrey Huff
C: Jeff Reed

vs LHP

DH: Stan Musial
RF: Ryan Braun
C: Lucaroy

Cthulhu Dreams fucked around with this message at 14:46 on Apr 29, 2013

mentholmoose
Nov 5, 2009

YKNOW THERES ONLY ONE DIRECTION I KNOW AND THATS DRIVIN STRAIGHT TO THE NET
Another issue I just noticed with the script you're using, the leaders pages only show the Larkin league, not the entire Expansion Cup.

e: And for some reason, they're showing the career statistics, not during this season.

FairGame
Jul 24, 2001

Der Kommander

CraigK posted:

Dave Veres is on a Super League Team? Jesus Christ, I still have nightmares from when he pitched for real! :stonk:

Dave Veres owns and is my favorite "bad, but not hilariously so" Cardinals closer of the last 2 decades. Runner-up: Juan Acevedo

anyway....

St. Louis Congratulators

Moving deck chairs on the titanic:
1.) Ian Kennedy to rotation, Hudson to DL. Call up Ugueth Urbina as long relief.
2.) What the gently caress is a Nathan Longernan? Release him so I can get a cooler fake player.
3.) Platoon Montero at catcher vs. RHP and Howard vs. LHP
4.) Justin Upton to AAA. Vlad Guerrero to big club.
5.) Platoon Vlad in RF vs. LHP and Maris vs. RHP

Ice To Meet You
Mar 5, 2007

Don't think I picked this yet.

Pick 'em: Gauntlet Round 1
Pick TWO to survive!
Harvard Elites
Lombard St. Gumshoes
Lovable Losers
Million Dollar Men

I might possibly, theoretically, want to make a trade for a pitcher... I'll look it over later tonight.

Zodiac5000
Jun 19, 2006

Protects the Pack!

Doctor Rope

Alright, looks like I know my big draft priority already. Could be worse, I guess, as I get the niggling feeling my pitching is underperforming in general. Let's try some new lineups.

Versus LHP AND RHP/DH
1. Rickey Henderson (LF)
2. John McGraw (2B)
3. Chipper Jones (3B)
4. Bobby Abreu (DH)
5. Mark McGwire (1B)
6. Roger Bresnahan (C)
7. Mike Donlin (CF)
8. Sammy Strang (SS)
9. Jose Canseco (RF)

No DH
1. Rickey Henderson (LF)
2. John McGraw (2B)
3. Chipper Jones (3B)
4. Mark McGwire (1B)
5. Roger Bresnahan (C)
6. Mike Donlin (CF)
7. Sammy Strang (SS)
8. Jose Canseco (RF)
9. [Pitcher]

Lets get rid of my Catcher Platoon and just let Bresnahan ruin all the baserunners for a while. Napoli shall be banished to the tower of adorable shame, where he will be set upon by all manner of fuzzy terrors.

Also, it should be noted that renowned Super League Wrestler/Bear Grizzly Jones is a Marmoset Supporter, and can often be found in the crude den he formed in the right field overlook.

Zodiac5000 fucked around with this message at 17:14 on Apr 29, 2013

kw0134
Apr 19, 2003

I buy feet pics🍆

My hitters can't hit but they can draw walks like nuts.

So let's fix this lineup a bit. Swap Furillo and Ott in RF, Campanella and Lombardi as starting catcher; make Campy the personal catcher for Red Donahue. Make the batting order as follows:

code:
Jackie Robinson		3B
Pee Wee Reese		SS
Nap Lajoie		2B
Joe Medwick		LF
Carl Furillo		RF
Duke Snider		CF
Gil Hodges		1B
Ernie Lombardi		C 
[Pitching Slot]         P
Pitching, swap Bill Bernhard with Don Newcombe not because he's injured but because he has a ERA of 5 and I might as well see what Newk can do.

Edit: I'd like to know if my guys are hitting the ball for outs or if they're TTO machines and when they're not walking they're striking out.

kw0134 fucked around with this message at 21:11 on Apr 29, 2013

Beet
Aug 24, 2003

Well, uh, hey. I guess April wasn't a fluke. I mean, I'd thought I'd built a good team overall and got sufficiently useful pieces to fill the holes I had before the cup started, but drat. My biggest problem appears to be a phantom loss belonging to one of my pitchers. According to the calendar, I'm 46-8 but my pitchers' losses add up to 9. That's pretty good. Warren Spahn is also being a bit disappointing but I'll live. I'd like to try Johan Santana just for the hell of it but he's absolutely not a groundball pitcher and that's precisely what makes things work so well yet again. I guess I'll just trade him after the cup. In the mean time hopefully I can continue scoring 180% more runs than I allow, may as well clinch this thing by the end of August.

ManifunkDestiny
Aug 2, 2005
THE ONLY THING BETTER THAN THE SEAHAWKS IS RUSSELL WILSON'S TAINT SWEAT

Seahawks #1 fan since 2014.

swap McGriff in for Rose in both lineups, and swap Lopez in for Seminick at C.

factorialite
Mar 3, 2008

by Lowtax
Put in Overall and Shields for Brown and Kazmir. Also, I wanted Heilmann to start at 1B for Bubbles, not like it'd matter at all.

Robert Deadford
Mar 1, 2008
Ultra Carp

Yep, let's sort out Ol' Feller. It's not yet time to take him behind the woodshed and shoot him, but he and Bob Lemon can exchange roles for now. Esteban Loiaza is waiting for his big chance...

Lemon to SP2. Feller to MR.

Revenant Threshold
Jan 1, 2008

Second to Cthulhu. Why does this seem so familiar?

Monathin posted:

Analysis

Unsurprisingly, Phil Niekro is the weak spot in your rotation. Also, Mike Donlin is great for getting on base, but you should probably put a guy with more power in at #4.
I'll take a bad Niekro so long as the rest of my pitching stays acceptable. Your other point is a very good one, though, and luckily it has a simple solution; please switch Donlin and Bench around in both vs. RHP lineups. Bench at #4 and Donlin at #5.

Also, Vargara isn't a player of mine, he's just one of the players that've been auto-assigned to fill up my pitching roster. Could you take him out and put LaRoche in at MR, with that one SR spot going blank?

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

Fear is the glue that holds society together. It's what makes people suppress their worst impulses. Fear is power.

And at the end of fear, oblivion.

Robert_Deadford posted:

Esteban Loiaza is waiting for his big chance...

That may be the saddest thing I've ever read.

GVOLTT
Dec 27, 2012

Honestly, I don't know what I want to put here, so I'm going with this.

Woo, no injuries this month! :toot:

That being said, still a few changes.

Catchers seem to be sneaking their way into my farm system; kick Chris Thacker off the roster.

I seem to have one extra pitcher in the majors, and Rusty Staub in the minors, so...bump Staub up to the bench, send down Ken Johnson to the minors.

Bullpen shuffling time!

Closer: Joe Nathan
Setup: Matt Guerrier
SR: Jesse Crain
SR: Jim Brewer
MR: Dan Plesac
LR: Turk Farrell

Switch Jim Bunning and Claude Osteen in the rotation.

Also, lineup change time! Bench Luis Castillo, unleash Joe Morgan in his spot.

That'll be all.

Warm Sarsaparilla
Jan 3, 2012

Just for the record, I'm only slightly apoplectic with rage about losing out on the division by one game. At least I didn't pull a Koop and lose the 163rd.

I've been pretty hands off since I saw Maddux was gonna line up as the WC starter; I assume I'll have the chance to select a rotation replacement for Stieb once I find out how badly I beat the Tornados?

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

Fix the pitching staff:
New rotation:
Smoltz
Johnson
Glavine
Maddux
Verlander

Bullpen:
LR Falkenberg
MR Rodney
MR Farnsworth
SR Rocker
SR Percival
CL Urbina

New lineup:
Myer 2B
Simmons LF
Bonura 1B
Ordonez RF
Jones 3B
Rodriguez C
Guillen SS
Milan CF
P

Send Andruw Jones to the bench.
Send Taffy Wright to AAA to make room for Milan.

On the block:
IF Cecil Travis; rated 92 in the Expansion Cup, hitting .262 off the bench, plays all the infield positions.
CF Andruw Jones; rated 93 in the Expansion Cup, young enough to actually field, hits as well as you would expect an Andruw Jones to hit.
Neither one are bad players, they just happen to be the best of the redundant "infielder/single-position-outfielder"s I have and with no pitching depth at this point I'm looking to add a starter & perhaps a left-handed bullpen arm thrown in as the crapshoot that position entails. Draft picks always welcome.

ToiletofSadness
Mar 27, 2010

Warm Sarsaparilla posted:

Just for the record, I'm only slightly apoplectic with rage about losing out on the division by one game. At least I didn't pull a Koop and lose the 163rd.
If I ever questioned the security of my division lead, I wouldn't have thrown in my b-team for the last week.

Pungry
Feb 26, 2011

JUST PICK ONE. ANY ONE.

please switch Pujols's and Morse's positions thank you; replace Werth with Schumaker??? also take out Molina and put in Suzuki this month.

Pitching Rotation:
1. 2012 Gio Gonzalez
2. 1987 Mark Langston
3. 2007 Adam Wainwright
4. 2012 Jordan Zimmerman
5. 2012 Steven Strasburg

Smasher Dynamo
Oct 16, 2008

Dynamo League Wildcard Showdown: Cancun Tornados vs. Coburns

The Tornados are definitely one of the more unique teams in Super-League history. And that's not necessarily a good thing.

The pitching staff is odd. Since this is a one game playoff, let's focus on that starter. It's Don Drysdale, which is great. But it's also a 20 year-old Drysdale, which is considerably less great. He has enough power to shut any other team down, but is also wild enough that the Coburns can and will draw walks off of him, and that could very quickly cause real problems. That said, he's the right choice to start this game. Halladay is good, but Drysdale is better rested. Koufax had a down year. Grove doesn't have enough power to deal with the Coburns' hitters. McGinnity has even less power. Putting Drysdale in this situation isn't ideal, but he's probably the safest pick.

It's not entirely clear how the pieces of this team fit together. Ernie Banks is the team's best power-hitter, and he's a shortstop (and as any Cubs fan can tell you, not the best choice to build an offense around). It does have a few players with elite contact tools (Hamilton, McGraw, Riggs and Steve), and a few good power hitters (Snider, Banks, Stargell, and Trout), and those have formed a potent combination. The contact hitters gash any deadballers or other control pitchers, the power hitters punish anyone from the liveball answer. There's no pitcher safe from the Tornados' offense, and that's why they scored the 2nd-most runs in the Dynamo League this year...

...And guess who had the best offense?

The Coburns offense is simply fantastic, and that's true even with George Brett and Eric Davis being injured, shutting down a couple of their super-platoons. Look at this lineup:

2B: Carew/Sandberg (Both easy hall of famers, Carew had 3000 hits, Sandberg hit over 200 home runs as a 2B)
RF: Mel Ott (500 home runs, another easy hall of famer)
LF: Ted Williams (500 home runs, Greatest hitter in human history)
1B: Jimmie Foxx (500 more home runs, greatest right-handed hitter of his era)
3B: Mike Schmidt (500 home runs, greatest 3B of all time)
CF: Bernie Williams (Plays guitar)
SS: Barry Larkin (Easy hall of famer)
C: Jorge Posada (One of the better hitting catchers of his time)

Now that is a loving solid lineup. Not only do they have sluggers, they have sluggers with contact skills. That Ott/Williams/Foxx trifecta is probably the best heart of the lineup that anyone has. Hell, I even like it more than the Bangers old trio of Wiliams/Bonds/Thomas, because contact skills are a bit more important in the Super-League than in real-life. It's just a great offense.

The pitching, though, isn't quite up to that standard. Maddux, the ace, will get the start, which is kind of a problem because the Coburns really could have used him going twice in the Losers series if they advance here. Still, Maddux will likely be able to get them there. He's a great control pitcher with a touch of power, which is basically the worst possible combination for the Tornados, because he doesn't pitch over the plate quite enough to fuel the contact hitters, and he doesn't give up walks or home runs.

Don May posted:

COBURNS BATTER TORNADOS 8-4

Fort Sumner- Amazingly, the team that won 96 games is just a little better than the team that won 84.

In a brutal assault, the Coburns unleashed their power on the overmatched Tornados. Of the eleven hits the Coburns had in the game, seven of them went for extra bases, including four doubles and three home runs. Conversely, only one of the Tornados' eleven hits, a Stargell triple, went for more than a single. In a nutshell, that was the difference, as the raw slugging power of the Coburns proved far deadlier than the slap hitting of the Tornados' lineup.

Don Drysdale, the losing pitcher, gave up seven runs in less than six innings, despite striking out seven. He was still shell-shocked after the game, "What the gently caress just happened? I mean, what the gently caress! I was doing my best, and they just kept hitting and hitting and hitting, and there was nothing I could do! They were everywhere, man! Everywhere!" In fairness to Drysdale, he likely would have done better had he not tried to drink an entire case of beer in the day leading up to the game, as he was challenged to do by a local frat that had been taking their spring break in Cancun. Drysdale explained that he felt he had to as, "I couldn't have A-Rob and J.P. and the other brothers from Psi U think I was a pussy! That would totally kill my rep at Arizona State!"

The losing owner, UltimoDragonQuest, was not satisfied with this explanation, and instead accused Smasher Dynamo of some kind of conspiracy, "How does a team go from 100 wins to only 84 in one season?" UltimoDragonQuest asked reporters after the game, "It doesn't, not unless the Man is holding you down, and I think we know that the Man here is Smasher Dynamo. Let's be honest, he's always had it in for me. I'm not one of his little puppets, and that drives him crazy. He can't stand an owner that does what he wants, and says what he wants, and that's why he screwed me over. We might as well start calling this the Fort Sumner Screwjob, because it's a travesty. But that's okay, because that just means that Smasher Dynamo is scared, and he should be scared because, next season, the Greatest Team in Human History is going to win it all! You can count on it!"

Warm Sarsaparilla was more subdued in his post-game comments, "The will of Coburn led us this far, and it will lead us farther. I will admit that I briefly questioned my faith when Coburn left us just one game back of the division, but I see now that it was merely a test of our resolve, to prove that we were worthy of greater glory. With today's glorious triumph, I know that the time has finally come for us to rise up and strike down the Rockford Losers and their sinful owner, the Lord Mayor Humungus! The moment is upon-" Sarsaparilla was suddenly interrupted as Humungus' masked visage appeared on the screen directly behind Warm Sarsaparilla.

"The time has come has it?" Humungus said, mocking his long-time rival, "Tell me, Warm Sarsaparilla, what kind of god would allow my team to thrash yours time and again. Not even Job was treated so harshly! Warm Sarsaparilla, you put your faith in a god. I put mine in the unstoppable roster I have crated. This season, even after crippling injuries to Oscar Charleston and Nolan Ryan, I still defeated you. And now you still cling to the delusion that you are touched by a higher power. I give you two choices, Warm Sarsaparilla, because I believe that we are the masters of our own fate, and so I allow you to decide yours. You may stay in Fort Sumner, and forfeit the series to me, and continue to believe in this fantasy that you are in anyway my equal. Or you can come to Rockford, come to my Municipal Stadium, where warlords and city councilmen alike have met their end, come to Rockford and face my Losers! And then, then, Warm Sarsaparilla, you will learn first-hand that there is no Coburn that can save you from my wrath! No great cowboy in the sky who can prevent the massacre of your team! No hope! There is nothing but darkness, Warm Sarsaparilla! Come to Rockford and see the oblivion that awaits all men and teams that oppose my will!" Humungus paused for a minute. "But that need not be your fate. It need not end in tears. It is your choice, Warm Sarsaparilla. Not mine, not Coburn's, but yours. Life or death. Heaven or hell. You have 48 hours before our series is scheduled to begin. For your own sake, I hope you make the right decision."

Warm Sarsaparilla, with a fire in his eyes, was terse in his reply, "I'd say that I'll see you in hell, but I reckon Rockford is close enough."

The Dynamo League Division Series between the Coburns and Rockford Losers is scheduled to begin in two days' time. Warm Sarsaparilla has not announced his starter for Game 1, while Humungus will give the ball to Satchel Paige.

Box Score

Smasher League Wildcard Showdown: Montreal Manatees vs. Walney Rakers

How have the Manatees gotten here? Well, first of all, someone needed to win the second wildcard, so they had that going for them. Beyond that, they've had two other things going for them:

1. Massive amounts of power pitching. Clemens, Big Unit, Pedro, The Ryan Express, and Kevin Brown...okay, that last one is really more of a sinker pitcher than a pure power guy, but that's still a ton of power, and because Super-League owners like to stack their lineups with players that draw a lot of walks, they can get a lot of strikeouts.

2. Left-handed power, which can make even the hardiest right-handed pitcher look like a chump. Of course, there is one small problem with that being the basis of your offense. Griffey, Olerud, Palmeiro, Walker and Stargell are all quality left-handed bats, but as left-handers, they're at a disadvantage against left-handed pitching. Can you see where this is going?....

...The Rakers are starting a left-handed pitcher, and that's really, really, really, really bad news for the Rakers in this one-game playoff. Jon Matlack isn't a great pitcher, admittedly, though he has had a good year, but even still, the fact that he's a southpaw cannot be understated.

The Rakers' offense is mainly the '27 A's. Now, the '27 A's were still a couple of years away from starting their dynasty, and, as a result, they've got a bunch of great players who are just the wrong age. Collins and Cobb are well past their prime, and Foxx, Simmons and Cochrane are a bit young. Then again, they also have Willie Mays and Al Kaline.

This isn't a bad team, just one that probably isn't quite as good as the three division winners in the Smasher League. Then again, they have an extra pick in the Dispersal Draft thanks to the Pick 'em, so maybe they can fix that....

Don May posted:

MATLACK DESTROYS MANATEES, LAUGHS

Walney- In a battle between two decidedly non-American* teams, the Rakers of Walney easily turned aside the Montreal Manatees 5-0 to move onto the Smasher League Divisional Round.

Jon Matlack who, before the game, told the media that he "hate French Canadians, and I sure as gently caress hate marine mammals and today, I'm going to get to kill both!" shut down the Manatees, allowing only six hits in a complete game shutout. He was aided in this task by the Manatees' reliance on left-handed batters, which Matlack exploited mercilessly in giving his team the win. After the game, he showed no remorse, "gently caress Quebec. gently caress Manatees. gently caress all y'all!"

As befitting a Canada-Man, GrickleGrass took the loss in stride, "Well, sir, it's too bad that our season had to end this way, but I'm glad that at least we made a good run. You know, up here we have a saying, "10th place is good enough". Would it be nice if one of our hockey teams brought the Stanley Cup back to Canada? Sure, but we understand that sometimes things don't work out. Would I like the Blue Jays to not be terrible? Sure, but, then again, these things happen. You just have to take these things as they come." It is important to note that while these comments may seem bland by American standards, they are, relatively speaking, quite pointed for the manager of a Canadian team.

gingemidget, who has now seen his team's fortunes rise once again, having recently won the season-long pick 'em, sounded like a man ready to try for the upset, "First, I'd like to apologize for the comments made by Mr. Matlack. He was understandably fired up before the game, but I do not endorse what he said about Manatees. They are majestic creatures, and should be treasured. I do, however, agree that the province of Quebec sucks, and, indeed, sucks hard. They are a blight on the Empire, and should be sunk beneath the waves. Our country did not toil for centuries just to allow one of our dominions to remain...French. Disgusting. Moving on, t is true that the Luna Landers seem nearly invincible, but what does 'invincible' really mean? After all, in a series this short, even the impossible can happen. Even the greatest team of all-time isn't certain to win in a series like that."

From his citadel on the moon, mrnoun responded to gingemidget's comments in his trademark delirium, "I thought the British were better than this. They created King Crimson, ELP, Pink Floyd, Jethro Tull and so many others. Without them, there would be no Progressive Rock, and without Progressive Rock, I would be nothing. But gingemidget clearly does not understand. No, I know his type, he's a man who goes to the pub and sings along to Oasis...I can see him now...a pint of beer in one hand, telling us how 'today is going to be the day.' Well, gingemidget, I think that your team is about to hit a real wonderwall. And its name is the Luna Landers!" mrnoun then took out a list, "And while I'm here, I would also like to insult the following British bands: Coldplay, The Stone Roses, The Smiths...and let's add Morrissey while we're at it, The Cure, The Police, anything by Eric Clapton after 1985, the Rolling Stones after 1970...those by name and all others."

*- The Canadian Foreign Ministry has specifically asked me to remind everyone that Canada is, in fact, another country, with its own customs, laws, and the like. Also, they would like to remind you that Scott Pilgrim is not an accurate representation of life in their country.

GAME NOTES

-The Manatees really, really, really, really, really, really need another good right-handed hitter.

Box Score

Expansion Owners Pick 'Em
Pick winner, number of games, and final score of the final game
Cleveland Unicorns @ Burma Imperialists
Coburns @ Rockford Losers
Ryleh Cultists @ Queens Mercuries
Walney Rakers @ Luna Landers

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
Cleveland Unicorns in 4 (5-3)
Rockford Losers in 5 (6-2)
Queens Mercuries in 4 (6-1)
Luna Landers in 3 (5-2)

Edward Mass fucked around with this message at 05:24 on Apr 30, 2013

ToiletofSadness
Mar 27, 2010
CaptainYesterday: Divisional series are best of 5. So you'll want to revise your picks.

:siren: Pick Em Scores :siren:
pre:
Owner	               Score
factorialite            2
kw0134                  2
Monicro                 2
Robert_Deadford         2
Beet                    1
FairGame                1
GVOLTT                  1
mentholmoose            1
Revenant Threshold      1
TheFlyingLlama          1
alpha_destroy           0
CaptainYesterday        0
Chilly McFreeze         0
mks5000                 0
tatankatonk             0
Zodiac5000              0

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

Ratings Challenge on Drysdale!
1) In 1956 Drysdale had a HR/9 of 0.8 so 2 in 5.1 innings is very unrealistic.
2) :qqsay:

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

Cleveland Unicorns in 4, 5-2
Rockford Losers in 3, 6-1
Ryleh Cultists in 5, 3-2
Luna Landers in 4, 7-1

Monicro
Oct 21, 2010

And you could feel his features in the air
A wide smile and perfect hair
He had complete control of the rising tides
And a medicine bag hanging at his side

In the flowing blue world of the death-dealing physician
5 game series, right? if so:

Cleveland Unicorns @ Burma Imperialists in 4, 5-3
Coburns @ Rockford Losers in 5, 3-2
Ryleh Cultists @ Queens Mercuries in 5, 5-4
Walney Rakers @ Luna Landers in 3, 6-3

TheFlyingLlama
Jan 2, 2013

You really think someone would do that? Just go on the internet and be a llama?

Cleveland Unicorns @ Burma Imperialists in 5, 8-6
Coburns @ Rockford Losers in 3, 5-6
Ryleh Cultists @ Queens Mercuries in 4, 6-4
Walney Rakers @ Luna Landers in 3, 6-5

Well, I got one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zodiac5000
Jun 19, 2006

Protects the Pack!