Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jeabus Mahogany
Feb 13, 2011

I'm mad because of a thorn in my impenetrable hide
Agreed, I love this thing so much.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lyon
Apr 17, 2003
Noblesse 279 raw is out... and holy poo poo. We're getting some DBZ level of power displays but this is going to put Rai on his deathbed.

TenWren
Jan 22, 2012

Noblesse: It's all fun and games til you're bleeding from the eyes. I'm sad for Rai, but so excited we might get a fight where he can't instakill to victory. The question is, who's going to step up and fight the seven or so elders that are left? Frankenstein seems to have hit his limit and the RK-5 are still second stringers. The Kertia brothers? I'd really like to see the RK-5 become more relevant.

Cynic Jester
Apr 11, 2009

Let's put a simile on that face
A dazzling simile
Twinkling like the night sky

Saturday Mornings posted:

Noblesse: It's all fun and games til you're bleeding from the eyes. I'm sad for Rai, but so excited we might get a fight where he can't instakill to victory. The question is, who's going to step up and fight the seven or so elders that are left? Frankenstein seems to have hit his limit and the RK-5 are still second stringers. The Kertia brothers? I'd really like to see the RK-5 become more relevant.

I'm pretty sure this arc is building up to Rai being more or less neutered and everyone else having to power-up. Probably involving Frankenstein doing Frankenstein science.

Blattdorf
Aug 10, 2012

"This will be the best for both of us, Bradley."
"Meow."
I was wondering why Noblesse was so popular here, so I decided to give it a try.

Holy poo poo, couldn't pry myself off from this one.

bofa salesman
Nov 6, 2009

Noblesse 279 is translated now.

Saturday Mornings posted:

Hopefully the rest of the people over in lukedonia start to get involved. Most of them will probably have less luck in their fights than Frankenstein, but it'll probably be neat to throw some new powers in the mix.

Bernardo Orel
Sep 2, 2011

Rip and tear, Shiwoon, rip and tear :black101: (Breaker ch. 112)

KittyEmpress
Dec 30, 2012

Jam Buddies

I hope the Elders get to the hospital before the doctor gets to Shiwoon, because otherwise I can't see a way for this arc to end without Shiwoon trouncing the doctor guy before the Elders get there.

It's nice to see last chapter wasn't a feint. I liked this chapter a lot.

Mo_Steel
Mar 7, 2008

Let's Clock Into The Sunset Together

Fun Shoe

KittyEmpress posted:

I hope the Elders get to the hospital before the doctor gets to Shiwoon, because otherwise I can't see a way for this arc to end without Shiwoon trouncing the doctor guy before the Elders get there.

It's nice to see last chapter wasn't a feint. I liked this chapter a lot.

The doctor isn't there to fight him though, but to help his recovery so they could use him to control the Sunwoo I thought. If he doesn't need healing that's one thing, and Shioon might be unwilling to tolerate continued disrespect so that could lead to a fight I suppose. Lot of ways this could go from here.

KittyEmpress
Dec 30, 2012

Jam Buddies

Mo_Steel posted:

The doctor isn't there to fight him though, but to help his recovery so they could use him to control the Sunwoo I thought. If he doesn't need healing that's one thing, and Shioon might be unwilling to tolerate continued disrespect so that could lead to a fight I suppose. Lot of ways this could go from here.

The doctor might not be there to fight him, but Shioon knows that these guys are against the Sunwoo. Combined with the fact that the doctor is apparently a Murim, a fight seems inevitable. I don't expect that Shioon would just be like 'oh, you just want to look at my body? Sure! :downs:'. He knows he was kidnapped for what he thinks is multiple weeks, due to his broken bones healing, on an island, with one disrespectful non-murim who he suspects is an enemy of the Sunwoo, and their minion squad who attacked him and flat out insulted his clan.

If he didn't fight it out, I'd be surprised. And the doctor doesn't seem the type to just let him go.

Algid
Oct 10, 2007

Old doctor guy is almost definitely higher ranked and stronger than Shioon. He also doesn't seem to give a gently caress about the politics of it at all, he just wants to examine Shioon as a patient.

Cynic Jester
Apr 11, 2009

A dazzling simile

Algid posted:

Old doctor guy is almost definitely higher ranked and stronger than Shioon. He also doesn't seem to give a gently caress about the politics of it at all, he just wants to examine Shioon as a patient.

I'd hate for it to happen, but I'm expecting the doctor to trounce Shioon and place some sort of limiter on him. He just wants to rip and tear :ohdear:

KittyEmpress
Dec 30, 2012

Jam Buddies

Cynic Jester posted:

I'd hate for it to happen, but I'm expecting the doctor to trounce Shioon and place some sort of limiter on him. He just wants to rip and tear :ohdear:

Either this will happen, or Shioon will trounce the doctor as a way to show off his power up. And neither sounds perfect, because I don't want him to get trounced, but I also would hate a sudden power growth. Though it sort of makes sense, considering Shioon managed to hit the Murim's prodigy after a month of training, before getting a whole rebuilt awesome body.

Still think having him hold off the Doctor and have the Elders show up to save him would be the best.

Algid
Oct 10, 2007

breaker new waves 113

Goddamn Shioon. :stare:

Blattdorf
Aug 10, 2012

"This will be the best for both of us, Bradley."
"Meow."
It warms my heart to see Shioon tearing the place up like nobody's business.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

That last panel looks more like it belongs in Beelzebub

Coffee Mugshot
Jun 26, 2010

by Lowtax
Shioon is just playing the main character in a beat 'em up, really.

KittyEmpress
Dec 30, 2012

Jam Buddies

Breaky posted:

That last panel looks more like it belongs in Beelzebub

That last page was awesome. Shioon taking on guys with guns is awesome.

Bernardo Orel
Sep 2, 2011

Breaker 114 :black101: Finally a fight that will last more than one panel :v:

Lyon
Apr 17, 2003

Bernardo Orel posted:

Breaker 114 :black101: Finally a fight that will last more than one panel :v:

Breaker: NW has really hit its stride now that the ki center bit is resolved forever (hopefully). I hope Shi-Woon mangles this dude pretty bad (in a good fight though), he definitely has it coming, assuming I'm remembering correctly, because this is the same government agent that had Shi-Ho sniped/assassinated in order to drive 9Arts to destroy the Murim. My predictions for the resolution of the island arc: Shi-Woon destroys this dude, the doctor who is one of the top ten of the Murim shows up, he will save the agent and try to capture Shi-Woon, Shi-Woon manages to hold him off for a bit but is going to lose, Elder Kwon/the Sunwoo show up and Elder Kwon wrecks the doctor, the agent escapes to continue his evil schemes and so that he can get his ultimate comeuppance from 9Arts.

I think this will be the tie in to get 9Arts back into the story. I hope Shi-Woon finds out the agent was involved in Shi-Ho's "death" (as she'll be coming back as a zombie in a bit) and this is going to be the driver for when 9Arts and Shi-Woon reconnect. 9Arts is on his way back to Korea to destroy the Murim (or take over Seoul or something) so hopefully we get the SUC (including the elders from that other clan) and the BFD Group story lines all intertwined after this island arc finishes. Then we'll obviously have Shi-Woon appeal to 9Arts as his disciple and tell him about the government killing Sae-Hee which will realign all of our protagonists to the same side.

Lots of words about comics! I need to get outside more.

Lyon fucked around with this message at 17:03 on Apr 26, 2013

Blinks77
Feb 15, 2012

I've gotten so very, very, tired of the whole powerless thing in Breaker but these last few issues... it's a very nice pay off. Just hope it doesn't get reverse for some bullshit reason.

ChiTownEddie
Mar 26, 2010

Awesome beer, no pants.
Join the Legion.
That ending was cliched...
...And awesome.

I can't wait for more.

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Keep on GOP rolling rolling rolling rolling.

Blinks77 posted:

I've gotten so very, very, tired of the whole powerless thing in Breaker but these last few issues... it's a very nice pay off. Just hope it doesn't get reverse for some bullshit reason.

That super doctor basically said his entire body has rewritten and upgraded itself so no going back :getin:

doomisland
Oct 5, 2004

The worst is just that this took another 100 chapters or whatever since the end of The Breaker and then you realize you're 2 years older since then and death is coming.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

doomisland posted:

The worst is just that this took another 100 chapters or whatever since the end of The Breaker and then you realize you're 2 years older since then and death is coming.

Just be glad you haven't been following Hajime no Ippo since like, 2001...

:suicide:

Lintwhite
Oct 15, 2007

Has anyone else out there read Lessa? I looked through and hadn't seen it mentioned yet. I don't think it's very well-known in English-speaking circles but I found it to be an amazing read thus far. The art is stunning and there's something about the plot that hits my "literary kinks", for lack of a better term (please tell me there's a better term out there.) And another thing I appreciate about it, strangely, is the amount of backstory you're hit with fairly early on. It doesn't withhold information often but it doesn't overload the reader or rush things. I found that interesting.

Definitely check it out if you haven't already.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
Heroes of Spring and Autumn 3: http://kissmanga.com/Manga/Heroes-of-the-Spring-and-Autumn/3-Read-Online?id=161252

In this issue: history, mythology, dragons, really hot swords, really cold ice.

Sindai fucked around with this message at 17:43 on Apr 28, 2013

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Sindai posted:

Warriors of Spring and Autumn 3: http://kissmanga.com/Manga/Heroes-of-the-Spring-and-Autumn/3-Read-Online?id=161252

The Mythology drops please me, since I know next to nothing about it.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
gently caress, started blazing through Can't See Can't Hear But Love in the span of a few hours after seeing an image on the "Convince Someone" thread but now I've reached Chapter 72 on Daum and everything past that requires me to pay. Which I would gladly do, considering how cheap it is, but I can't due to Daum being a bitch and not letting me pay until I verify my identity, which pretty much requires me to be in Korea and have a Korean cellphone. I really should've made and verified a Daum account back while I was in Korea.

It's such an amazing read, really regret not having come upon it earlier. I still can't believe a web comic managed to make me audibly weep.

KittyEmpress
Dec 30, 2012

Jam Buddies

doomisland posted:

Yeah, but it's worth it. I just re-read the last 20 chapters, and I have to say that I can't wait for the next one. I wish I hadn't found New Waves until it finished, just so I didn't have to wait.

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Did I just say that out loud~~?!!!

Sindai posted:

Heroes of Spring and Autumn 3: http://kissmanga.com/Manga/Heroes-of-the-Spring-and-Autumn/3-Read-Online?id=161252

Dragon's Son Changsik also has swords, ice, and dragons, but it's a hilarious and ridiculous fantasy parody that keeps getting more and more absurd.

Flython
Oct 21, 2010

DrSunshine posted:

Dragon's Son Changsik also has swords, ice, and dragons, but it's a hilarious and ridiculous fantasy parody that keeps getting more and more absurd.

Thank you so much.

Love and peace my brother.

Cynic Jester
Apr 11, 2009

A dazzling simile

Flython posted:

Thank you so much.

Love and peace my brother.

Oh my god, this is the best. I thought I'd never say this, but this manga is almost as insane as Special Martial Arts Extreme Hell Private High School.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

ZepiaEltnamOberon posted:

gently caress, started blazing through Can't See Can't Hear But Love in the span of a few hours after seeing an image on the "Convince Someone" thread but now I've reached Chapter 72 on Daum and everything past that requires me to pay. Which I would gladly do, considering how cheap it is, but I can't due to Daum being a bitch and not letting me pay until I verify my identity, which pretty much requires me to be in Korea and have a Korean cellphone. I really should've made and verified a Daum account back while I was in Korea.

It's such an amazing read, really regret not having come upon it earlier. I still can't believe a web comic managed to make me audibly weep.

Does that mean that there aren't gonna be more chapters translated? :saddowns:

Dark_Tzitzimine fucked around with this message at 05:47 on Apr 30, 2013

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
No idea, honestly. The translation group appears to have released up to chapter 70, and that was over a month ago. The series ends on Chapter 80 (which itself is a 2 parter). But it wouldn't be impossible to obtain raws, just sorta difficult due to how Korean sites deal with registration / verification / charging money. Especially without a Korean cellphone. Seriously, cellphones are incredibly vital in Korean culture. Even elementary school students are expected to carry 'em around.

On a side note, according to the cover of the recently released Volume 4 of Can't See, it's being turned into a movie. Too bad each volume is like 10,000 won apiece, I'd love to buy 'em when I go back to Korea this fall.

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

We should think of a new, updated thread.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
The thread is only a year old and it has a good OP. I don't really see the point.

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

eeeeh Op is out of date.

Reiche
Jan 28, 2009

I like my coffee with cream and lsd.
I've been meaning to give my OP an update for a bit but I'm lazy and was waiting until I got noticed. I'll work on it in the next few days. If there are new series I should add or any other suggested changes, don't hesitate to let me know!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wolpertinger
Feb 16, 2011
It's sad that most of these fairly interesting manwha are translated at a rate of like.. once every few months, even when there's like fifty more chapters untranslated.